Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Praise the Sun Edition: What would it take to make Sarenrae your favorite goddess? What other deity associated with the Sun actually appeals to you?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/hAfKSnWW (embed)

Avowed Playtest 1: drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Avowed Playtest 2: docs.google.com/document/d/1rV7kaF9JL2gw9xQalkEnlEDL9WXtbsaCqNABm_pLIgc/edit?usp=sharing

Spheres of Might previews:
Part 1: docs.google.com/document/d/1aLaYQEFAWU4zQBx58boJPPaySLgJc0Emmw9eKyIJeGI/
Part 2: docs.google.com/document/d/1pyLq03W2ju58PcKOUq5YXoFowf_weBNzuWtjCMdINXk/edit
Part 3: docs.google.com/document/d/1-LAt9Ti5pcnvHY4KnFRuItCjqtGM-YJC5r_0zXiKKUk/edit

Bloodforge Infusions updated playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1GvwMclLSw15slYI7D5xLdjMzr-Nau92hNha9Sx0LOk4/edit#

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/70930/curse-of-the-lazy-throne
charactersheets.minotaur.cc/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

THE
BURNING
HATE

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/70930/curse-of-the-lazy-throne

Shameless self-promotion (again) since last thread was kill.

Don't be afraid of applying even if your timetable doesn't work with the planned schedule (currently 7 PM EST on Saturdays, AKA an hour prior to this post) as absolutely everything is negotiable. As long as it's not Wednesday.

I have no place in the Sun.

Is it worth it to grab Dispel magic at level 8-9 for my sorcerer? Human racial bonus means it's basically free that level

I've personally got a soft spot for the Eyes of Ra in general, but that's because my DM tends to go with a literalist approach where Ra's eye fell out of his socket one day and the eye somehow turned into about a dozen baby mewling catgirls.

Absolutely

Dispel magic is a decent utility spell if your Spellcraft is pretty solid. If not, a few scrolls should be mandatory.

Playing and DMing for the first time ever with a bunch of others in the same boat, any tips?

Hell yes. Late game enemies are going to be swinging spells around so having a universal counterspell is a life saver.
Another good utility spell is Feather Fall.
>Have a party full of people without the climb skill but need to descend a cliff? Solved
>Need to escape a castle quickly? Jump out a window.
>Need to survive a 20,000 ft fall without the duration ending? Immediate action can be cast ANY TIME.
>Your entire party is falling with you? It targets 1 person/level.

No gestalt eh, going real light on the memes. I'll probably apply if I can think of something fun to do with a full BaB Rogue though.

Same. Next game is next Saturday and I am so nervous. It's level 1 and I am just unprepared as fuck. How do I get the party together? What do they do at level 1? What's the city like? What's the country like? How can I make sure they don't kill each other?

If I have to be frank, it's a bit of a test run as well. I've never played with strangers, and I wonder if I can entertain.

Worship the Sun as the end of all things.

If you truly seek forgiveness, the rays of the sun will not harm you

What kind of Bloodrager is it anyways?

I'd like to know more about the Bloodrager as well, given the person playing it.

Keep calm, start with a small place, learn all you can about it and have something simple for them to do so they can all shine.

Some talking and them some fighting is always a decent first session.

I'm starting a campaign next sunday,
I plan on using these character sheets
charactersheets.minotaur.cc/
Would they look too fancy, out of the norm, or so?

>finish one editing job for a minor 3pp product
>boss suggests I try my hand at writing since editing gigs are more scarce
>don't want to write Generic Class #3812 because I want to fix the big issues in Pathfinder instead of adding more useless crap
>lack the skill to write a big fix on my own, let alone being able to get away with it as a novice writer

>Give them a threat that matters for all of them or a reward to entice the rest.
>Depends mostly on where they.
>Read/Write more
>Read/Write more
>Give them a threat they all care about or a reward that makes the rogue not kill everyone in their sleep.(Also keep control of your session don't let shitters do shitty shit.)

Rewrite shitty archetypes and expand on mediocre ones to make them actually fun and usable? Like the alchemist?
HAHA JUST KIDDING, alchemist is over saturated as fuck and even if it badly needs to be retooled nobody'll think it's worth the effort.

Clearly you need to do editing for DSP considering the state of some of their latest releases.

Long story short: Draconic bloodline (Lunar dragon) bloodrager. Bastard of a Chelaxian noble who had a short term affair with a Shoanti girl. She ressembles neither parents which made denying the girl's bastard blood a simple matter (her being tall and blonde, with her hair turning a tint of silver when she bloodrages), yet also shielded her from prejudice against the Shoanti. Her destitute mother raised her away from her native culture since she wanted her daughter to have as 'normal' of a childhood as she could have in Korvosa, which resulted in her feeling like she belongs to neither side.

To make up for it, she joined the Korvosan guards for a short period of time, trying to make right where she could, but red tape would often get in the way with Korvosa being Korvosa, so she left their ranks and became some kind of vigilante, becoming the big sister of many orphans.

One of these child was taken away by Gaedren, though, and as far as she knows she just suffered a fate all too common for Lamm's Lambs.

Unchained Alchemist.

Alchemist could really do with a Specialization thing like Vigilante.

So you can be the bomb guy or the mutagen guy or whatever.

See and BUT ALSO CONSIDER:
Unchained Magus

When does a Half-Elf decide on their second favored class? 1?

Yes.

What do you want to see from a reworked Alchemist?

>the bomb guy
Grenadier?

>the mutagen guy
Vivisectionist?

Do an unchained version of a class. Strong options are:

>Unchained Medium
>Unchained Gunslinger
>Unchained Kineticist
>Unchained Ninja
>Unchained Fighter
>Unchained Cavalier
>Unchained Swashbuckler
>Unchained Brawler
>Unchained Samurai

>Unchained Swash
>Riposte now only requires you to have at least 1 point in your pool

What else?

Grenadier is the 'going up to a dude and slapping him with a bomb' archetype.

And the heck does Vivisectionist have to do with mutagens?

Or do you mean in the sense of 'Doesn't have the other'?

Parry even, I'm retarded

This is a really good pic, who's the artist?

Two things. It needs to be streamlined and have about half of the bloat cut out. And it needs to have its focus tightened. It should enable you to be all the things the current alchemist does, but it shouldn't be at its base a formless mass.

Is Spirited Swordsmanship on the chopoing block in Avowed?

>What would it take to make Sarenrae your favorite goddess?

A kiss at the end of the first date

Tightened base class, so that being a base, unarchetyped alchemist doesn't feel like the start of a bad joke. Second, SO MANY ARCHETYPES retooled to not be dogshit. This is a problem that many classes have though, so it's less important.

NO I'M NOT DESPERATE FOR ANYTHING

>Unchained Kineticists
Jolly's got that with "Legendary Kineticist" which is coming in LK 2
>Gunslinger
Didn't DHB get that released recently?
>Cavalier
DHB got that covere, probably next to get released
>Fighter
Yep, Everyman's Fighter is just that. Also DHB right? I think it was at least.
>The Rest
All good picks, I think Ninja got a Legendary book? But I don't know if it was any good.

Yep

>Strong Fort Save
>Put CHARMED LIFE in a bin where it belongs, give Steadfast Personality as a bonus feat and real class features at other levels
>Let the so-called "mobile fighter" FUCKING MOVE when it's attacking

I don't even know.

Doesn't have the other, is commonly used to melee with mutagens, especially feral mutagen

Winona Nelson.

I miss WotR apps. None of the new games are doing it for me.

So the Bloodrager is mandatory? Where are they from? Shoanti looking motherfucker or something?

Well when I said 'specialization' I meant actually dealing with the damn thing, not just 'people often use it with them'

How are we doing HP in this game?

This is cute.

The bloodrager is a friend of mine, backstory of theirs is here:

Figured. Makes the class way too Cha. Did they give an ETA on when the update is dropping?

The Bloodrager seems to be an existing player at Other user made them sound very ominous though.

Max HP at level 1, Half+1 OR roll, whichever is higher after that. If you don't like the random element, just half+1 for everyone.

Oh, dope. That's cool. I like to know what other people have in mind before I app.

I can vouch that, as far as I'm concerned, that user was probably bullshitting. Luna was part of a Reign of Winter game, but their story is different, and the user couldn't tell what class/concept the character was.

The fact that the "mobile" swashbuckler doesn't get any form of pounce is Fucked.

Hell, even a Lesser version of the U.monk Pounce would have been Something to make it feel better.

But as is, the Tengu inspired archetype (that any can take, thankfully) is the most mobile with wall running powers.

The next update might take a Good while, they're going to be editing a lot of things.

Like taking out the things that switch it's Cha dependance for another mod.

Can't remember the other things that will get tweaked/axed

You got that from Luna's mouth, of course they aren't going to tell you about the time they went full That Guy. Just look at what the GM of this very Crimson Throne game said:

>This does sound like stuff Luna does, but I honestly have them under tight leash for this kind of stuff since I know how they can be. They have been warned about this even before I posted the lfg.
>If I ever get the thought that they are metagaming or being bitchy/paranoid as they get, it's the boot. Otherwise I'm trying to be nice to a friend.

To my recollection...

The 'EVERYTHING TO ONE STAT' is getting pulled WAY back.

Overcharge Modulation is getting looked at, since it's too necessary.

And Steel's Betrayal is getting looked at.

Probably more I forgot.

I am the GM of that Crimson Throne game. The only reason why it sounded to me like stuff Luna would do was because I ran them Burnt Offerings, a book everyone knows by heart, they would remark on how I'd change things here and there. I can't really blame them for that.

Yes, Luna does have a -bit- of an attitude problem, but I also know how Luna works and I feel like I didn't give them enough credit earlier. They're a player that can give themselves fully into a campaign, and while they do have their episodes, I trust that they're reliable enough based on the fact that I'm just done playing a 6 months long campaign with them and that they are the only player out of 7 that I've kept from that campaign.

Thanks!

>Unchained Medium

Funnily enough, I'm working on a recreation of it that I'm hoping will be a good compromise between the FUCKTONS of options that the Harrow Medium gave and the actual "playability" of the release medium. Along the lines of... 6 legendary spirits (with an optional psionics spirit), with each legendary spirit having 8 "aspects" which you can learn and channel at any time.

>Unchained Gunslinger/Swashbuckler/Brawler/Samurai/Cavalier

Literally just make these options for the Fighter class. Pick them at level one, and then you basically become a gestalt of the Fighter and that class.

>Unchained Ninja

Add on Unchained Rogue stuff to the Ninja, done.

>Unchained Kineticist

Give them the Combat Stamina feat, let them treat their Kineticist Level as their BaB to determine the size of their pool, and give them another scaling bonus to the size of their pool (i.e 1/5th their level or something). Then let them pay for infusion costs with Stamina, and if they run out of stamina, they can accept burn. Then, mark some wild talents as being payable with either Burn only, Stamina only, Both, or not requiring any stamina/Burn in order to use, with differing effects depending on whether stamina/burn was used.

There we go. That's the quickest fix I can think of.

>If you don't like the random element, just half+1 for everyone.
What, can we just tell everyone else "no random HP for you"?

Can I be a post-nerf avowed, pretty please?

You as in multiple people.

It depends on what the party decides as a whole. Right now I stick to half+1 or roll (whichever is best).

I assumed he meant to say that was a discussion for the group assembled.

Yknow, if Charmed life is basically, "pick a save, add your charisma modifier to it" and at higher levels you can increase the number of saves or things you can apply it to, AND can expend a use of panache to increase the bonus, I don't think it would be TOO bad.

The rest is trash.

I don't see why not. I might bug you on Discord to make sure I understand everything about avowed.

>3pp unchained classes
These are all crap when there's 3pp systems which fundamentally address these issues like Spheres of Power/Might. If you're going to write something, write something more valuable.

That's one change that needs to be a thing. Rather than limited uses/day, Charmed Life should run off panache.

This. Or at LEAST call them something other than Unchained. You're not continuing a series for them, you're doing your own thing - and they might decide to do their own Unchained version of the class in the future, further muddying shit up for users who don't know what it is.

That just makes it fuck with your capacity to use deeds EVEN MORE, though.

It would help a lot if there was some sort of detail on what sort of game this is. There's nothing to work with. What are the themes? What is the tone? What sorts of things will be happening?

A fair point, right. I'll work on it right now.

There needs to be another condition for Panache generation than crits and kills.

There ALSO needs to be more to the class than a weapon style - a swashbuckler has to be acrobatic, daring, suave, etc, not just a guy with a fucking sword. The only feature they have for actions other than standing there trading blows is Derring-Do, which is extreme nonscaling dogshit.

Put the fixes for these together. Give actual, *scaling* Derring-Do for free, give it some kind of action-economy aid while you do that like "if you succeed on this Acrobatics DC by a lot, you got the move action for free and can even continue a full attack if you started one before", AND when you do things like jump over the enemy, award Panache.

I recall people upthread were talking about things like parries not needing to expend panache, just have at least one.

And really once you remove that, you've got a lot more panache to play with.

So, I'm trying to build a dinosaur inspired character. Someone who really gets in the thick of a fight and rips shit up. Though I'm not sure how I should go about it.

One of my friends suggest I go with a nat attack alchemist built with Beastmorph giving me useful abilities. Another suggested I go 19 Druid and 1 Master of Many Styles monk to go Dragon Style and Pummeling. I'm not sure though.

So I was wondering if you lovely anons of /pfg/ could help me brainstorm? Some general stuff:

Only class I don't want to use is Summoner.
This isn't for any particular campaign or party.
Would like to keep at 3/4 or full BAB
Would like at least 4-5 Natural Attacks, preferably only 1-2 secondary's if possible.
My DM's allow most first party content so nothing paizo has made is off the table except for monstrous PC races and the races set to 'Unknown RP value' on the PFSRD.

If you have any questions feel free to ask. I'll be floating around for a few hours.

>Do a fucking jedi jump over an enemy at least 1 size larger than you to flank it with yourself.

Yes.

I just want to be an unarmored dude with good overall defense and ALL DAY elemental on his sword, without needing PoW and while still being kinda spellswordy

What about a loose cannon Korvosan Guard who doesn't play by the rules and whose partner died of a Shiver overdose?

Mageknight?

100% fine and perfect.

The Korvosan guards are all about these kind of guys to get the work actually done, anyway.

Except that's not at all what I want and no amount of "BUT IT'S THE SAME THIIIIING" will convince me it isn't just "another fucking fighter with another TOTALLY UNIQUE pool mechanic"

So... is Romance of the Righteous Kingdoms a trap game? It looks familiar with the vague gestalt and broad character creation rules.

Cool. I think you'll find that it helps your game out a lot, too. The players will know what you're offering and you'll have applicants who are interested in your flavor of storytelling.

What's the best style of combat for a loose cannon guard who doesn't play by the rules? Two-Weapons?

Out of curiosity, why only 4 players?

You could with Take focused Blast group (lighting? I think?), the disadvantage that Forces you to choose an element and Only cast that element, And now you're blasting lighting like a 3/4ths caster that only cost you a feat.
Then Fight for Justice with said lighting.

Siege Mage

Dirty fighting is a must considering feat tax.

Well I'm sorry, but by the description you gave, Mageknight fits it great.

You wanna be more specific or what?

APs are traditionally played with 4 players.

No way, it's not dangling nearly enough bait to be a trap game. Leadership only attracts normals not worth catching.

Another fix option is:

Burn becomes a pool much like Ki
>Everything that adds burn decreases the pool.
>Gather Power/Supercharge lower the cost
>Infusion specialization/Composite specialization/Metakinesis master all lower cost
>Internal buffer is a pool that allows you to bypass your turn by turn spending limit
>Elemental Overflow kicks in when you spend points ie. spend 3 points at level 6 for the lowest form to spend 7 points to gain highest benefits

This completely removes the non-lethal issue and can keep Con mod as the stat for the pool's modifier. This also opens up easy ports to feats like Extra Ki to increase the Burn pool and eases the mechanical aspect of archetype design (rendering Monk, Unchained Monk, and Ninja as immediate options - but with a little tweaking could easily do a Swashbuckler/Samurai based on Kinetic Blade, a Gunslinger that shoots elemental bullets).

What two classes, in your opinion, best encapsulate a mighty Sidhe warrior operating on his own people's (very byzantine) customs and values?

Dex-based Warlord + Avowed?

>Burn becomes a pool much like Ki
user, STAMINA. Not only is it *also* a con-based score that can recharge over time, but it allows the Kineticist to actually benefit more from having combat feats since the feats that currently exist for the class are pretty fucking terrible. It even boosts their attack roll, since their 3/4 BAB could use some help sometimes.

What's a good age for a character's (human) little sister such that she's probably not married, but old enough to be readily thought of as sexually vulnerable and thus sympathetic to audiences as a potential victim of mischief?

Fifteen and an early bloomer.