Warhammer 40,000 General

My little xenos witch can't be this cute

>Previous thread
>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android.
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!z4wmmJyR!jTfwLczhdFjV0q6nowtGag!qgZhmAhK

>40k rules reference in wiki format.
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Latest GW teases
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW FAQs.
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>List organizer picture book
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Offline list builder
battlescribe.net/

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First for hive mind.

Did the Rubric of Ahriman also curse the Thousand Sons with eternal bad luck? Ahriman is still getting mindfucked after 10k years and Magnus is either jobbing to Khorne weapons or getting body slammed by the sons of John Cena.

No, thats just Tzeentch.

Not!Necromunda is gonna rock.

THREAD
DEVOURED
E
V
O
U
R
E
D

That's what happens when you play with Tzeench.

DOO DOO DOO DOOOOO

Which list is better

For Guilliman's Xenos GF!

Anyone have the HH/Prospero paint guide pdf? wh40klib only has a small one with 4 legions. I'm looking specifically for the HH 1k sons colors, if anyone has that list of paints.

I'm a citadel shill so if you have that equivalent please share which colors they are, specifically.

Can someone shill the various daemon chariots to me? I want to get some daemons chariots but i don't know which ones to get.

Blood Cannons are great. They effectively give all your close-combat daemons assault grenades so they can actually charge entrenched enemies.

Yeah, its a shame they don't have their AOS rule where if they kill something in close combat they get a free extra shot though. Speaking of which, can skull cannons do any emergency melee in 40k?

cute drawing user, well done.

So what is the betrayal at calth game actually like? Risk lite or what?

Hellflayers are the equivalent of strapping dozens of power saws to a four-wheeler and then driving it through a playground at 120mph.

They're about as durable, too.

Nah, just something I saved, I wish I had worked on drawing as a lad.

They look damn cool. How often do they actually reach their enemies?

Whoever drew this is never going to get better at drawing hands if they never draw hands.

They can, though it's pretty much just Hammer of Wrath and some swings from the Bloodletters riding it.

>Yvraine's tatas are big enough for her hands to rest over them

Rate my list boyos.

Replace the russes for hellhound/melta dogs and add a chimera, run Emperor's Blade Assault Company.

That Tau has saggy tits.

How's the Dante novel?

So when does 8th edition happen, and are the nids getting an 8th edition codex soon?

Solid, but I would personally run two heavy flamers on my chimeras. Your'e getting them close enough to use the meltas anyway, and two heavy flamers can be a squad wipe pretty easily.

And rely purely on the lascannon fire to take down heavy vehicles? Or am I overthinking it?

Russ tanks aren't very good anti-tanks to begin with. Vets in Chimeras should be your main source of anti-tank

I never play guard without two command squads. Consider running a CBG with just a command squad in it so your captain gets three orders.

It's an illegal list. Emperor's Shield Platoon needs a Sentinel to complete the formation. Also you're 10 points over, also don't make the Lemans an HQ, just take them as Heavy Support choices.

Also with 4 Heavy Weapon Squads, you'll want protection, so you should take an Aegis Defense Line. Also with 4 Heavy Weapon Squads, you should get a second Company Command Squad so you can give all 4 Heavy Weapon Squads ignore cover. Also since they are prone to running away you should give one of the Company Command Squads a Regimental Standard.

Depends on what you use to interdict them with.

As long as you keep terrain and models between it and the things you want to shred to bits beneath your spokes, you should be okay.

LoS blocking terrain is your friend, as usual.

They are fragile, though, so if your opponent manages to focus any real amount of firepower on them they will die.

I see. I'll see what I can do for my LGS night this week. Thanks user

Could I rectify that by taking Creed/any guard leader character instead?

Sanguine my brother

Guy Haley wrote it so take any of the Tyranid parts with a mountain of salt

>movement stats
Kill teamunda: armaggedon might actually be great

You can ditch 1 melta from each Chimera and take a Flamer to save 15 points and also give you some added anti-infantry, or just save 30 points overall. Remember, unlike Plasma, Melta won't kill the model, and you can only fire 2 out the hatch.

Nah, for the cost of creed you could just get another command squad. And technically with the Cadian Battle Group you can run as many command squads as you want. Also is right, you need a sentinel to run the ESIC. Just outflank it far from the enemy for an easy linebreaker point.

oh shit

might this be indicative of things to come? I would shit if they actually made regular 40k like this

TFW Neophyte Hyrbrid had no shotgun

Also do you have more pics?

With any luck they'll include deathwatch and stormtroops.

Doubt it. The boxed games are relatively self-contained.

I'll make corrections. And the LRBT aren't Hq choices

Here's a way to make your list work better together.

It has more orders, more infantry that aren't running and just as mobile.

He can't run a battlegroup. That requires a minimum investment of 1 ESIC, not a single platoon.

That costs 1005 points at the barebones.

>exalted seeker chariot
rhino armor, a bitch to build and paint but you can smash through swarms or run over dreadnoughts easily. can be put in squads. same notes for the other slaanesh chariots. a major down side is you might kill too much with hammer of wrath leaving your rider unable to attack

>burning chariot
100 points for one of my favorite heavy supports. torrent flamer or d3 half range lascannon.

>Guy Haley wrote it
So it's better than 99.9999repeating% of the shit BL has put out in the last 8 years. Got it.

Ditch the PCS Chimera to free up points for some special weapons. Toss Grenade Launchers in there, they work well with Autocannons. You could even bump those up to Missile Launchers if you like (65-15 (3 GL) -15(3 ML) leaves you 35 additional points). Put a second Regimental Standard if you want to move one of the CCS up with the blob.

Hold on, I'll post a fix for this too.

Nope, the only required unit is 1 command, you don't need to run any core formations. Granted your'e missing out on a lot of the buffs if you do this, but you really can just take a command squad as it's own detatchment.

Probably not most likely is to keep the games in a small area and limit how far can they move. But then again as an fantasy fag it wouldn't be so bad.

The second CCS pushing up is a mistake because it's vulnerable and slow. Keeping both behind cover is important to dish out orders to the 3 HWS and the Infantry Platoon which would require 4 orders to be notably effective.

The PCS, the 2 Vet Squads and the Conscript blob go on the move to grab objectives and tarpit, while the PCS gives orders to the Conscript blob to Move Move Move and First Rank Second Rank Fire. Your fix will throw the synergy out of whack.

Post CSM, Scouts, and Orks!

>and limit how far can they move
nah, it's 2e

4" movement was your standard infantry movement value. You could either move 0-4" and fire, or run 8" and not fire. Space marines (and in necromunda, gangers with the skill) could remain stationary to rapid fire.

Fixed movement values are ALWAYS preferable to random ones. Save the randomness for the combat.

Yeah people seem to speak highly of the Tzeentch chariot. Is it better to have the Exalted Flamer on the chariot or a Herald of Tzeentch and run the exalted flamer in a squad of normal flamers?

>Command: 1+
>Core: 0-3 per Command
>Aux: 0-3 per Core

No, you need to take either a tank company or an infantry company to get the benefits of a Cadian Battle Group. If you mean you're running this as "My detatchment is 3 Battle Group Command choices." you're correct, but then why bother going for the ESIP since by it's own merits the best benefits from it are in the form of the ESIC? You may as well take a CAD.

To be fair nobody does nids right anyways, he just does them the least wrong

You can only fire one weapon with full BS if you moved, making two flamers rather useless.

it's better to have a burning chariot. regular T.herald on chariot is expensive and easily destroyed (75 point to buy i believe) while an exalted flamer on foot has to snap fire his weapons due to them being heavy. when i use exalted flamers i put them in squads of pink horrors for protection and sneaky shots.

The point is to get a company commander with three orders without shelling out for creed. You run this, and then you run a CAD, so you have two CCS's with one of them giving out three orders. Or use this to get two CCS's with room to run a tank commander.

IIRC both of the weapons on the Exalted flamer are heavy, so the only way to get any good use out of him is to put him on the chariot. A herald on a disc surrounded by screamers will probably be more durable anyway if you're worried about that.

Can you give orders to a different detachment?

I'm not sure you get that benefit when issuing to a CAD.

They just have to be infantry units from codex AM as far as I know

Revised choices
Does anyone here play CD?
Why do I never get any input on my lists? Do people not like daemon lists?

Read it carefully, in regards to the three orders buff, it does not specify that the ordered unit must be from the same detachment. It's actually the only buff that you can still use on guys from other detachments.

I did read it, but I'm still not sure. Not sure it would fly with other people. But if you really do get 3 and it's fine, that plus volkovs cane would be amazing.

Is that an armor save of 1? wtf? Did they change armor saves since I haven't been paying attention?

You could theoretically run a battle forged army of ten company command squads. I don't know how competetive it would be tho.

So, this is the fun list I came up with. Will it do me any good? I want to include Moloc and make a kinda fluffy. I guess I could go for more points or drop a squad and change them to Assault Marines, to fit more with the fluff though.

Will this list do me any good, or is it garbage?

Grav would be both scummy and effective against MEQ.

You an cheese your opponents while laughing about your fluffy build like the inconceivable asshole Minotaur you are.

Either people dont play the army or are salty cause daemons are so OP

Datz da attacks ya zoggin grot

Yeah, that would actually be fluffy, but I don't want to be that guy.

No answer?

I made a list.

It's 10 squads of 4 Meltaguns in a Taurox.

It costs exactly 1500 points, and you jump out and vape something with BS4 and Bring It Down! or Fire On My Target! to get Tank/Monster Hunter or Ignore Cover, respectively.

It's hilarious.

You're playing Minotaurs.

Your whole purpose in life is to be That Guy to Marines.

Each CCS gets 3 orders/turn in a Cadian BG, right?

W-well, I guess. But what should I drop for the Grav-cannons?

Where do you guys make those lists?

Here, here's my revision. It's a CAD, the platoon and things are broken up to better suit their needed roles.

As per what the user said about a CS giving orders to vets, you'd be better off using the PCS for the basic orders and giving your vets Tank/Monster Hunter or Ignores Cover. This list badly needs Psyker support though.

ADL has Ammo Dump because re-rerolling 1s to hit is handy without access to Prescience.

Vox Casters because you don't wanna not get those orders off, and even with Ld 9 a double 6 will make you flip the table.

Volkov's Cane goes on the rear squad so you can make sure you get your orders off on your HWT Squads.

Heldrakes are the weak link in all of these lists.

DA ZOGGIN WAAAGH ORGANIZA IS IN DA OP YA GROT

>List organizer picture book

AV10 open-topped is pretty easy to destroy. Personally, I'm not a big fan of paying points for Burning Chariots. Exalted Flamers are a decent choice in the Warpflame Host, as they help provide some mid-field shooting and protection from assault.

Summoned Chariots are great though.

How do i deal with flying Daemon Princes as a SM player? They're too fast to ignore and jink saves are bullshit.

Really? I didn't think I had alot of anti air or horde clearing and they don't do a half bad job of either while being at an acceptable AV.
What would you have in their stead?

Alright, so i guess i should grab a start collecting Tzeentcherino box to grab the chariot then? Do i need to get blue horrors if i want to use pink horrors?

If you REALLY want to be that guy, bring a CAD of

Moloc

2x tac with gravgun + combi grav + DT of choice

Skyhammer Annihilation Force
4x Grav on 10 man dev squads
Combat squad so you have 2x Grav in one 5-man and 2x Grav 1x combi in another.

2x Assault Squads, probably best as bare minimum. If you have points, go 10-man and combat squad so you can lock ALL the people in CC turn one.

Ditch Hunter, Whirlwind. Potentially the dread and tanks too.

I might suggest Honor Guard instead of Terminators, actually. There's actually a strange build idea I've had kicking around--rather than footslog or Land Raider some meaty Termie squad, why not stack your punchy dudes in a drop pod and let the Assault Squads and Grav Cannons hold off the enemy so they can charge turn 2?

Correct but the point is you don't need that. You're rolling 3d6 so you're going to succeed on your order every time.

For added hilarity you could instead field 15 copies of the same command squad:

100 Points: Company Commander, Lascannon Team, 2 Veterans, Master of Ordnance.

You throw down 15 Basilisk shots and 15 Lascannon shots that will have Ignore Cover or Tank/Monster Hunter. Every. Turn. Remember that if you throw double 1s you save time and auto-pass all orders, and you literally will never have Incompetent Command because you'll need triple 6's to do so.

Let the fun flow.

At 1850 you could probably squeeze in a fort for them to hide in, plus some meatbag shielding/wyverns.

hold your horses user. Most of those buffs only apply for issuing orders to other dudes within your detachment, and to spam CCS's you need to make each one its very own detachment. You still get three orders though,

Tragically, most competitive scenes have detachment limits.

They aren't a different detachment. They're all in one Cadian Battlegroup FBD.

The only requirement for that decurion is 1+ command slots.

How bullshit is the infernal tetrach? I've got a game coming up soon against it and have heard it's total bs.

Oh, and you can burn squad off that list and give each squad 2 Sniper Rifles and have your Warlord carry Kurov's Aquilla and conga line as many dudes together as you can to give your massive wall of paper-thin heavy ordnance Preferred Enemy. With 12 points to spare.

Basically just replace them with the Heralds anarchic or Be'lakor depending on which list you're altering. Or maybe just add more Khorne Dogs to one of the Heralds lists.

A Baledrake is shit anti-air, and too easy to mitigate just by spreading out. If fliers are giving you issues, have Kairos shove the D up their ass OR convert a Herald into a Lord of Change and throw some witchfires at it.

It's pretty bull but it's like, a minimum of around, maybe, 600 points or so. Probably more.

Your'e right, there's no upper limit to how many command slots you can have. My god....

"When an officer from this Detachment issues an order to a unit from this Detachment,"

It does not specify that it has to be another unit, it can be -any- unit in the Detachment. Including itself.

Sounds quite disgusting.
But then again, I might want to be able to pick up games too.

What point value? Budhet tetrad at 1,000 is pretty crappy since it has fuck-all for ground game and you don't have enough Warp Charge to summon much.

Tetrad at 1500/1850 can start getting nasty since there's enough points to fully load the Princes and bring a couple dozen Horrors to run around on the ground.