/hhg/ - Horus Heresy General

Rolled 17 (1d26)

I don't know what just happened edition

>THIS THING
mediafire.com/file/de3l5i29kn69n73/The_Horus_Heresy_Book_7_-_Inferno.pdf
mega.nz/#!OFklhA4K!GiwY4FA3rSFJN_9_LACZIRk2yGf_DdhIK7AY8t4PhQk

>HHG
pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8
Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016)
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf

>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp

>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
pastebin.com/k9uvqsub
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyC

>Updated rulebooks
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html

>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
strawpoll.me/10558764
>Primarch Popularity Poll
strawpoll.me/11458318

>Make your unit entries, use Celestia Antiqua Std and Garamond
mediafire.com/file/q315zmyjntb4j04/LA Exploitable v1.pdf

>HHG Discord
discordapp.com/invite/wYS2J6b

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg!Rt5ViD7S
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ!EVh0GZZS
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First for the First

Second for the Second. Victims of the Rangda, gone and forgotten.

A question. For a Knight, would it be better to retain melee D or go full Crusader and rely on Stomp instead?

Stomp only does something against marines if you roll a 6 on the stomp table. Otherwise it's just some Str 6 ap 4 hits which marines don't care that much about.

Sad part is that if you look at some of the images in Inferno, FW just slapped MkVII SW arms onto some of the models, regardless of the armour they had.

How are Sister of Silence models in ass department?

they don't have a lot of ways to represent space wolf armouries producing artificer armour.

no ass unfortunately, and it's behind a cape. Not much scope for modelling either since the rear is encased by plates of armour.

How do they represent AA for other legions? SW got the same torsos and pads everyone else gets. They just don't have heads available to them. And how do MkVII arms on a MkII make it AA? Or a MkVII torso and arms on a MkIII make it AA?

Anyone with any skill should be able to just put MkVII hands onto the arms of other marks.

Damn, than i should wait for plastic aspect warriors.

I know it isn't directly comparable since Assassins are 40k only for now, but rulewise, Culexus and Sisters, which one is better anti-Psyker choice?

well the 40k grey hunter armour is explicitly made on fenris, it has gold trim and wolf emblems on it. Other legions either fit perfectly with the marks of armour like death guard and mark III or can use the head crests to look graeco-roman like ultras or they get full conversion kits like thousand sons.

probably the Culexus, since it it has permanent Invisibility.

>RATINGS FOR CUSTODES WITH LEGIONES ASTARTES RULES
Because why the fuck not.

>DA
F. No benefit from swords (nobody takes them on custodes) and small numbers + giving away VPs if outnumbered is awful.

>EC
C. Better sweeping is handy, but custodes already have higher initiative than most stuff they fight.

>IW
B. The enemy has to kill every model to stop the custodes getting into combat, which is useful.

>WS
C. Partial rerolls to wound when you charge is handy I guess.

>SW
B. Makes your dudes run faster.

>IF
D. Does make the bolters on the spears better, but who gives a shit about those?

>NL
D. Custodes are unlikely to outnumber the enemy, even being bulky.

>BA
A. Wounding on a 2+ rather than a 3+ is the shit.

>IH
S. S10 pieplates (vindicators, medusas) no longer instant death custodes. And the sweeping thing is less of a disadvantage given custodes' leadership.

>WE
B. Would be higher if they could get rage easier. Rerolls on the charge still good though.

>UM
C. Interlocking tactics is a nice bonus, but custodes probably won't have enough units on the field to really get the most out of it.

>DG
A. Phosphex becoming 50% less effective is great, especially on high T models.

>TS
A. Raptora custodes have a 4++ on their basic dudes. Nuff said.

>SOH
A. Unlike NL, they need to outnumber at the end of the combat to get the bonus, i.e. after you've whittled the enemy down with your non-unwieldy AP2 weapons.

>WB
E. Don't give them anything especially.

>Sal
E. Flamers aren't a huge problem for custodes, and the sweeping thing is awful for a melee army.

>RG
B. Infiltrate and fleet are pretty great for an army that wants to be in combat.

>AL
B. There's a lot of good options there, made better with some of the toys custodes get.

>(nobody takes swords on custodes)

huh? sentinel guard are one of their best units.

SoH: What non-unwieldy AP2 weapon are you talking about? IIRC their Legion special weapon was shitty wannabe-Rending bullet.

Nevermind. I read it wrong. I need to go to bed I guess.

Maybe, but not because of their swords.

What (conversion) bits would you guys use to represent Abeyant?

better than guardian spears at any rate.

How do i into World Eaters?

CHAINAXES, SON.

I mean, in the end, the whole thing is about whether or not you pay your chainaxes if you modeled them right?

Unless you play against a WAACfag, why would you not give them chainaxes on their models? It looks great! Sure you have to buy them, but there's plenty of 3rd parties that makes them. I'm thinking about getting the Anvil Industries ones for my Charcharodons for example.

I play WE and pay for chainaxes on tacs as free S6 is still amazing for 2ppm

Now I understand why the paintings guides don't show how to paint eyes lenses normally, with a white dot and all.

Isn't the "white dot" the reflection of light? If so, keep in mind the direction if the light source when painting. Right now you have it coming from both left and right.

I don't think so, I mean, pretty much every tutorial about eyes lenses makes you out a dot in each corner of the eye.

Very quick photo cropped photo of another marine I painted. In this one it looks much better imo. The eye lense has an actual corner.

I'm trying to get the pitch black Charcharodons eyes, so I just put some Nuln oil Gloss and a white dot. Pondering wether or not to put some grey highlights, I'll have to try on a test model.

Daily reminder that Magnus did everything wrong
>be cocky fucking shit
>sell your legions souls to Tzeentch
>fugg up the Golden Throne trying to tattle
>most likely doom Terra and humanity as a whole with that move
>instead of surrendering to Russ, let your planet and legion get destroyed
>reeeeee into the warp to avoid facing justice
>join Chaos instead of just killing yourself

Don't forget
>basically get told by Lorgar that he's going to go find some warp-entities to worship
>for some reason don't tattle on this occasion

well you've got to work up to the colour, and most transparent materials don't produce a perfectly white reflection either. A long lens tends to reflect a horizontal line in the top and corner of the lens.

To be fair that is Lorgar who is kind of iffy. I wouldn't be surprised if Magnus viewed Lorgar as the most stupid of his brothers, only surpassed by Angron.

>When you see a meme image you created quite a while ago in active use

My life is complete.

>be cocky fucking shit
all the primarchs were, startign with the Emperor himself. He also had enough ability to back it up, and realised that if he openly displayed his doubts (which he had from his pact onwards where he lost an eye) his vision of free psykers and a psychic imperium would be over as his opponents would jump on his insecurity.

>sell your legions souls to Tzeentch
I'd say the Emperor did that, Magnus lost his eye to spare them from bearing the cost of their brief time free of the flesh change. Also we don't know what the escape from Prospero cost him.

>fugg up the golden throne
the Emperor didn't trust him, when trusting Magnus was one of the most sane things he could've done and he would've have had to do so when Magnus took up control of the GT.

>instead of surrendering to Russ
wasn't ever an option and Magnus was smart enough to know it. He also knew it'd be unjust to wipe out the wolves (which is why wrath of magnus is a comic book villain shitfest).

>reeeeee into the warp
Magnus did face justice and knows he is still neccessary to the Emperor's plans and also for screwing over Tzeentch.

>Join Chaos
again, knew that the emp winning was a shitty time for all so backed Horus.

The only thing Magnus did wrong was using the opportunity to forewarn the Emperor of Horus' betrayal to promote the use of sorcery. Which was understandable, but still a bad decision. If you know about a huge plot that will wipe north america off the face of the earth, you're not going to warn the goverment using tin cans and a piece of string to prove that the mobile network is overrated.

Logar should have snuffed Erebus at birth then no one would have 'done wrong' but all this blind Logar/Magnus did not wrong is just......
Heresy

Magnus, pls go

I think it's more of the fact he'd taken on the aspect of a Daemon Prince that confirmed how naughty Magnus had been, that and destroying the Emperor's shit that fucked him off!

Primarchs virtually are daemon princes, and it was only his astral projection fuelled by souls, just the same as the astronomican. You can call these things fancy names doesn't change the fact that it's just emperor sanctioned chaos.

>Rending is better than +1S AP2

???

+1 Str AP 2 is only on the charge. Rending is forever, which makes it better against things with a 2+ save.

Yeah, so if you get charged by terminators it's better and every other time you want the guardian spear.

BS2 overwatch will be good in a lot of stiuations and the shield makes sentinel guard much more survivable for basically no penalty.

Even if you charge, you gotta wipe out the opposing terminators in a single turn or you will be hitting the remaining terminators with a wet noodle for the coming millenia.

I just put together my Leviathan, what a beast!
Got my 'proper' Guilliman and trying to work out whether to fully build him or leave power fist arm, backpack cloak, and leave head off so I can paint it right?

Also any thoughts on here about the Mastodon? Worth getting? How do you get to use it with a Primarch?

Cheers

Thin your paints =]. That way you can get a fine point and not a big dot. But it's meant to represent a reflection, which means you do need to do the reverse highlighting thing (gray to white along the bottom-inside corner). The white dot can be left out if you put gloss coat on the lens.

>mastodon
>worth getting

is it worth putting a deposit down on a house?

Is the house overpriced and fragile while costing to much to keep enough stuff inside it?

I take it you're for it then? Cause a deposit on a house is a good thing

can't fit 20 space marines in a house lad.

>gloss coat

Different user, but I just had a thought. Would blood for the blood God work for red lenses?

been discussed before, it doesn't really dry on right. Tamiya clear is the better product in any case and works well for lenses, or the gw gemstone paint.

Same as you can't put tea in a chocolate teapot! So you can put 40 in a Mastodon, does this make it a worthwhile exercise or a Spartan better as it means you still get to use a Primarch?

I much prefer a good gloss coat on things like lenses and gems to trying to paint reflections on. It's more realistic, makes the colours richer, and it's just easier.

I suppose you can think of it as being a bit like using metallic paints versus trying to paint NMM. The NMM is difficult to achieve and impressive, but to be honest it looks better in photographs than it does in real life, and the same principles applied to true metallic painting produce a better overall effect.

What if it's cold tea?

> Logar
> LOGAR
Read the fucking fluff or fuck off 40kid

>Lolgar Orlyan

What are you talking about user? Logar Grimrelian, Wolf Primarch of the Champions of Colchis.

>CUSTODES WITH LEGIONES ASTARTES RULES
how? what? eh?

Oh go fuck yourself, phone posting so finger problems. Yes Lorgar. But then if I was like a cunt like you I'd have to trigger when everyone puts Rowboat Girlyman for my Primarch!
Chill autistic fuck!!

I've probably been gaming longer than you've lived, fucking 40kgay, I've played so many different games I'm a gaymer hobby butterfly so double fuck you

Also dyslexia is a barrier to spelling you cunt

>triggered

One job, user.

Haha wow, such autism

I'm at work so, no images.
SAD

Lol love it, would have worked too if it'd been done right

>what the fucking fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little 40gay...

Das thicc my nigga

More like Invisibility-lite, it doesn't force snapshots so you can still be blown the fuck up or burnt to a crisp.

I called you out as an bulling autistic fucking cunt!! And more a 40kid wacc player at that so you fuck off to 40kg or even awg, you mug cunt

>called out
>Bulling
>40kid
Reddit is that way chummer :^)

Hay I'm just defending myself from a twat.

I come here for Horus Heresy chat not flame wars with bellends

World Eaters user, you here/still alive, or did the Nails take over?
No response to last few Emails, making sure everything is still frosty.

You what m8? I'll fooking neck ya, swear on me mum.

>being this triggered
>Not realising where you are
>not knowing when you are a silly billy who needs to let things go
Dont let the door hit you, where the good lord split you :^)

user, you're a silly goose.

Blah blah blah. I'll rip you head off and shit down your kneck, I'll rip your arm off and beat you to death with the wet end.

Or better off I'll challenge you to a 3000 point battle and shame you in defeat ha ha

*teleports behind you*
*whispers in ear*
"Sounds fun"

Fuck it I'll go back to lurking and try not to get involved with this community when I'm feeling shit

Erm that sounds oddly arousing so I'm definitely going back to lurking

does anyone have a link to the other horus heresy books on pdf?

How do you paint custard like FW does?

Check the OP m8

Right there in the fucking OP.

all i can see is the seventh and sixth one

No.

Because they're the only ones that matter now. Number 6 is all the best parts of 1-5 copy and pasted to one book. 7 just came out. Have fun, man.

> Motherfucking 6 CAPTCHAS later

I don't know if OP's link is broken but check VK they have them there.

>"guise, cash you spoon-feed me? My mummy says I'm special "
Read the fucking OP and check the fucking kind before asking you mong.

For fuck's sake this community is devolving further by the day.

40k general's isn't broken IIRC.

calm down you fucking sperg the only reason im asking is because i can only get the sixth and seventh book
go be a fucking faggot some where else

Asking for links is a controversial topic here user

Get inducted into a legion. Infiltrate FW. Eat employee's brain, learn technique.

Or email them.

mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg!Rt5ViD7S

>go to the OP
>click pastebin link
>check the second fucking link there
>mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ!EVh0GZZS
>navigate to FW section
>all the books are fucking there

I swear you retards are better at starting pointless arguments than at doing a completely trivial cursory search.

I emailed them last night, will post the answer here.

What are some Imperial face tattoo ideas other than Aquilas? I have about 10 sisters and I need some freehand ideas.

Cats.

With the MkIV Beserkers?
He's around, just not posting here I think because he is dealing with real lift shit
Or he is just tired with the drama. But he is still plugging away.