Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/TEY4PtET
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

They don't exist. Fuck giants.

What do you care? Go fuck yourself

1. People.
2. People.
3. People.

They're just members of other salient species who got addicted to potions of Enlarge Person (all potions in my setting are addictive and can result in adverse side affects. Nothing says, "I dont want you to buy 100 healing potions" like the health potion junkies

In my setting, giants are giant assholes.

Afrocaribbean property of mine.

My giants are actually just humans, because most of the sentient races are between four and five feet tall. Creatures that consistently hit six feet, or even more, are seen as terrifying embodiments of the wrath of God.

There's a wide range of races called giants. They have different origins, and varying levels of intelligences:

A few of the most common ones:
Mountain Giant - The mortal descendants of the ancient giants, whose remains became many of the mountains. Unfortunately they have little of their ancestor's wisdom, being mostly dumb brutes, who enjoy causing trouble and marching down to flatten things. Most of their diet consists of trees, and whatever wild animals they can scoop up. They were once said to herd the giant aurochs cattle. But then humans stole them, and now only regular cattle remain in the world.

Frost Giants - The demigod offspring of the god of winter. They're actually closely related to humans, just with divine nature making them beings of ice, cold, and giant stature. They live up in the far north, herding woolly mammoths and rhinos for sustenance.

Sea Giants - Actually just another form of merman, this species is just on a huge scale. They hate humanity, and unlike most merman can breath water. So they rarely come up to meet us unless it's for our destruction. Their diet consists mainly of sea beasts: like whales, giant squid, sharks, or unexplainable monsters.

>health potion junkies
Please elaborate. I need details.

Their origins im not entirely sure of, or if I want to nail down to one thing. They could be one of the 13 Creations of Tiamat to kill the gods? Or they could be something that came not long after the Dragons, and are the allegory of mammalian life overcoming reptillian life.

Maybe closer to the second one, so I have fucking prehistoric kaiju battles.

They migrated from another world after hearing of the untapped wealth of this one. However they landed of a far off isolated island and now they're fighting against giant sea monsters.
They eat what they kill.

Manlet detected.

In my setting being giant is just kind of a mutation of sorts.
Nearly all races can become giant, and aside from their size and calorie intake they're about the same.
If your kid is 7 foot tall by the time he's 7, he's a giant.

nice trips. I'm 6'2, but if Trump kicks out all the latinxs then that'll be below average soon.

Besides Humans and Elves (which are dorf fortress-style midgets in my games), what common fantasy races hit six feet?

>I'm 6'2, but if Trump kicks out all the latinxs then that'll be below average soon.

Yeah, I know this feeling. Went from london (lots of tiny africans and asian people) to a white town with lots of young people. Instantly went from feeling like a giant to feeling like a manlet. I fear for the future, young people are huge.

1. They're primeval creatures that have existed since before recorded history and appear to have always been part of the world, though legends say they looked less human back then.

2. They're fully sapient and have created civilizations. Most were destroyed during an ancient war between their people and Dragons though.

3. They're omnivores but tend to prefer meat. Their favorite kind varies by race but is usually another giant sized creature such as Rocs or Sea Serpents

Dark Souls giants are best giants.

>humanoid but never reveal their faces
>used to build everything
>the original race but dominated by the gods
>slow and deliberate
>start off intelligent but slowly degenerate into dumb brutes

Mine are giant medieval steampunk final fantasy machina guardian megazords

My setting has no creature that can't live and function without magic to explain it. So, no giants, thank you very much.

Legends say they are descendant of demi-gods and were servants of the gods before the gods leave the worlds.
They are sapient, though not very good at abstract thinking. For most of history since the departure of the gods, they simply used their vastly superior strength to get what they want without any care and never bothered to really develop a civilization beyond primitive customs.

But recently, as the smaller races developed strategies and weapons able to reliably put them down they number fell dramatically and they now need to start thinking quickly. A few clans actually passed a treaty with their old enemies the dwarves and joined forces for their protection. In exchange of their immense strength they get an education and equipment, weapon and tools.

If their pride have taken a hit, many discovered they actually liked living in large communities.
And if a solitary or an handful of giants was manageable for a prepared and organised force, it's another thing now they are supported by infantry and equipped with more than a tree.

They're a mutation that effects a fraction of a percent of the human population. Their size tends to differ, and they typically starve to death from an inability to acquire enough food. To earn enough food, they will typically either enlist in the military, join the local colosseum as one of the attraction, or turn to raiding the countryside. They are very vulnerable to weather, as it is hard for them to acquire enough clothing or shelter to protect themselves. In some societies they are ostracized and hunted, and in others they are worshipped as gods.

Some giants choose a path other than raiding, military, or the colosseum. They choose to become undead. Then they migrate to the evercold frozen north, with the rest of the undead, so that their flesh does not rot off.

They lost a war with dragons and are really pissed off about it. Their civilization remains fractured as dragons hunt them to the ends of the earth so they are either forced into hidden caverns or build fortresses that can withstand dragonfire

Eugenics. Nobody wants to be a manlet.

>Sea giants hate mankind

Please tell me your sea giants generally have world's-most-beautiful daughters and are all hyper protective about them. And are also Celtic.

Because I fucking love the Fomor.

>mfw 5'10" white guy attracted to taller women

Speak for yourself. My current girlfriend is 6'4"

>What are your setting's giants' origin?
The real big giants (40ft-500+ft) are descended from the gods, the lineage beginning back when the gods still walked the earth in physical form. Larger giants tend to be older, and spend lots of time dormant, while smaller ones are younger and more active. As they are a mix between mortal and divine beings, they are very adept at magic, they practically radiate it.

The normal race of giants is much smaller, only 2-3 times the height of a human. They were created by the interbreeding of the god-born giants with humans, although now they are a separate race that is self sustaining.

>Are they a sapient species?
Sapient and very close to human in appearance.

>What composes their diet?
Big ones don't eat much, they are powered by the ambient magic in the environment.

Small ones grow livestock and farm like any other race.

My familial associate of the appropriate pigment, YES.

>Origin?
No one knows.
>Sapient?
Yes.
>Diet?
Beef and venison and vegitables.

Back when the gods were allowed on the material world, one of them accidentally a mountain into Giants. They later corrected this mistake by taking away their ability to reproduce after a few generations, instead spawning abominations.

Yes. They're the world's best smiths, artisans, etc. Shame that they're going extinct and are extremely paranoid.

Roughly a scaled up human diet, though they supplement their needs with very space-efficient insect farms instead of livestock.

Giants are height stealers, they are just as sapient as human and they eat people's height, some can even eat things' height.

Always have been around.
Sapient, working members of society with intelegence levels on par with that of a normal human.
Anything humans eat.

The average height is 10ft and they are a playable race (+4 str -4 dex). I'm shit at balancing but they can't fit though normal doors and can't be mages.

>tfw no badass giant to protect your village from monsters
pastebin.com/TEY4PtET

>What are your setting's giants' origin?
Giants are the avatars/champions of the god of hardship. They're acolytes that were so devout they were transformed.

>Are they a sapient species?
No

>What composes their diet?
People. They only exist to mindlessly wander the world, destroy settlements, and eat humans.

Maybe a little too close to OP's pic now that I think of it