What should the racial stats of sheep people be?

What should the racial stats of sheep people be?

Other urls found in this thread:

factualfacts.com/animals/in-2005-in-turkey-a-suicide-sheep-jumped-off-a-cliff-and-1500-sheep-followed-the-first-one/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

-2WIS
+2CHA

>Natural Weapons [Horns] (Males Only)
>Cold Temperature Resistance
>Hot Temperature Weakness
>Delicious

Maybe some form of weird resistance against nonlethal damage, because fluff and hard heads?

+20 floof
+Language: Welsh

Umm excuse me?

Properties: Flammable

Herd Mentality: Must attempt the same action as any higher-level sheep person in the vicinity.

What are the natural stats for a human?
>WaKe uP sHeEpLe

Disadvantage to saving throws for Frighten.

+1 CHA when dealing with Farmers, or the +6 if they're Welsh

Penalty on will saves and weakness to suggestion.

Because sheeple

I find this thread relevant to my interests.

You know it!

There are very few pictures of sheep people.

Yiff in hell motherfucker

This is a good idea, maybe give a saving throw if it's blatantly dangerous or harmful.

What happened to that setting with the different types of goat people and sheep people and the intelligent giant wolves?

Was there ever a second thread?

Those 'setting threads' are fucking lame. Hand-crafted settings made by GMs will always be better.

They are fond of wooly thinking.

Fluffiness of course

>mfw welsh thread

>Sheep has another sheep on a leash.
Down right barbaric. Wolves did nothing wrong.

Where did this meme come from?

Wales, duh.

They'd have to be super low intelligence. Sheep are fucking stupid. Like, near suicidally stupid. A sheep will walk right off a cliff and kill itself. If a sheep eats a poisonous plant and dies and the other sheep see this they'll still walk over and eat the plant. Most of a sheep herder's job is keeping these retarded animals from killing themselves.

IIRC the crime of stealing sheep was punishable by death. However, the crime for fucking a sheep was just losing a hand. So, being caught in the middle of the night in a sheep pen, it was far more prudent to claim you were there for some wooly lovin than to admit you were stealing them.

I don't think it's even that specific. Basically every sheep-herding region has a "locals fuck sheep" stereotype. Wales is the most well-known because of the Anglo-sphere prevalence and both Scots and Irish having their own, unique stereotypes. Meanwhile Australia and New Zealand accuses each other of the deed, Polish have that joke about their highlanders etc.

>Soft, ineffectual martial artist who mostly flails around and only occasionally knocks people down when she slips and falls

I've played with monks like that before.

Look at the fangs. That's clearly a sheepdog.

Weakness to Sleep Effects

>Those 'setting threads' are fucking lame.
The goatworld one was pretty cool, but thanks for posting anyway!

But what about their ancestor before we began changing them to be more useful to us?

Make them African.
Call them the Woolof.

>African sheep

Da phuc

That's clearly a domesticated wolf in sheep's clothing

That sounds like Low Wis

-2 wis

+2 Dex (Goat)
+2 Cha (Sheep)
+2 Con (Ram)

>Artist draws very rare creature or animal-person race
>It's never just a default high fantasy picture

Kill me, Pete.

Nah, man. Highly aggressive steppe nomads.

What, you never heard of a black sheep before?

Climb speed 30 ft
Bonus Teamwork feat, similar to the human bonus feat.

But user, pathfinder teamwork feats are terrible!

I'm assuming they were less retarded before we domesticated them. I knew a guy who grew up around sheep and the way he used to explain their nonexistent survival instincts was that we had "domesticated them too hard"

Wait, this thread is alive?

Shit, let me contribute.....

+1 Charisma, +2 Constitution

More approachable, though they can soak up damage.

Also can handle cold conditions more favorably.....and yeah

BUH BYE!

Didn't sheep used to be fearsome predators? Rabbits might also have been descended from the same ancestor (this is why sheep and rabbits both have such inefficient digestive systems for a herbivorous diet).

But rabbits are actually pretty smart. I can't vouch for sheep, but I had a rabbit who figured out how to climb on top of everything and learned how to open doors.

Sheep are known for being especially dumb for an animal of their size.

I know that's the stereotype, but I wasn't sure if it was true. Rabbits are also considered dumb, but I'd say that they're about as smart as cats. Labs are considered smart but hey definitely are not (at least compared to other dogs). Owls aren't wise and actually have disproportionately small brains. I'm not sure about whether sheep really are dumb or it's just a dumb stereotype.

-2 STR, -2 INT for ewes.

No penalties for rams.

Andrewscarchus was a distant relation of sheep, true.

The thread.....

it's alive......

We'll, I knew a guy who grew up around them and according to him they're borderline retarded. The way he put it that's why they're so hard to keep alive; they'll just do stupid shit that any other animal would know not too. I raised chickens before and I used to think they were suicidal idiots but based on what he told me I actually had it easy. For instance, he had sheep die from the following: walking off a cliff, drowning in 6 inches of water, eating a poisonous plant AFTER IT SAW TWO OTHER SHEEP DIE FROM THE SAME THING, walking out into traffic

in Sheep's clothing: gives a +4 to bluff

Tenderness

+2 Charisma

The Flock

Sheepmen, as they are often called, is the less formal name of 'the flock', an intelligent race. Nobody knows exactly which of the Gods created the folk, but most believe it was Idana, the goddess of comfort and the hearth. Many also believe it could have been the travelers god, who is often portrayed as a white fluffy cloud in the sky himself, so the sheepmen have a similar appearance.

The Flock have two primary cultures, that of the culture of wandering gypsies and the more settled farmers. These culture often go hand in hand in some way, with younger sheep going off to explore while the more cautious one stay safe within their home ranges.

Members of the flock have a strong preference for others, and are not well suited to leadership. When faced with a confrontation of ideas between individuals in an 'equal' herd situation, they will almost always yield to others in favor of having the group work together as best as possible. This even happens to sheepmen who surround themselves with humans or other races. The sole exception to this is between male flock for breeding rights, who have an entire ritualized combat of grapples and horn clashing to establish dominance. Rams after many times killed during these ritual combats, but no kingdom or empire has ever made them illegal due to the extreme importance and almost biological need the rams have for competing in this way.

Economically speaking; there is no race in the world more welcome then the flock. The wandering tribes especially are welcome in any kingdom because, at least while there, they will often trade their fuzzy wool with locals or even give it to governing bodies as tariffs or taxes directly. This extremely valuable trade good is one of the primary ways members of all races get their clothing, and so large scale war or opposition to the flock becomes totally unnecessary.

Some natural scholars and philosophers have theorized that if a member of the flock was somehow made to walk on four legs and act more like a goat, pig, or cow it would produce a useful farm animal. However this idea is rightfully seen as ridiculous. The flock trade their fleece voluntarily and are members of an intelligent race, not animals. Who would ever think otherwise?

How ghoulish.

It would be like a human wearing clothes made of hair. kind of weird but not that macabre.

-2 int
-1 con

Disadvantage on wisdom(survival) checks.

That's just so cute and wholesome.....

That's one majestic sheep.

You're wrong. Shut up.

factualfacts.com/animals/in-2005-in-turkey-a-suicide-sheep-jumped-off-a-cliff-and-1500-sheep-followed-the-first-one/

There should be a very difficult saving throw.
Less than 1/1500 chance.

> "They were able to save quite a few as those who jumped later were saved as the pile of sheep got higher, therefore the pile became more cushioned."

You can't make this shit up, sounds like it's straight from a cartoon.

Wether sheep are valued for their docility, and their lack of reproductive capabilities means they're more trustworthy than other male sheep.

It's like Bill from the Silence of the Lambs

Goats > Sheep

>Language: Welsh
damn got to it before i could

Nobody cares Baphomet

Preferred enemies: Welshmen, Scotsmen, New Zealanders

>20 CHA

Just what Welsh shepherds need. An even *sexier* sheep

-4 to fear tests in the presence of mint sauce or red currant jelly...

But, he's not though.
I'm from Scotland and the whole joke is that people from Aberdeen shag sheep, whereas on a more global scale, the whole country is made out to be sheep shaggers.

It's really not that difficult a concept to believe, just international and national banter.

I wonder how mad you get about the kilt thing.

Sheep naturally produce lanolin, which is a flame retardant.

This is a nice thread.

ok here I go
-2 Wis - sheep do stupid stuff
-1 Int - flock mentality
+2 Cha - dat fluffy does horns
+ 2 Con - flame retardent cold retardent
+1 Str - climb da mountain
+1 luck - sheep are lucky in china
4 fingered hands
hoof feet
short 4' -4'-6" tall ish
horns for men the rounder the older.
no horns for women but extra fluff

cont.
large family groups 2 adults 5+1/2 children
likes to wear colorful wool clothing
dyeing their wool is considered degenerate
live in hobbit like houses except with square doors
government is direct democracy with ruling counsel
low technology but excellent strategy and efficiency due to group mentality
favorite weapon is spear with hook on one side and a point on the other
fight in groups of 3 with their back with one another kinda like a triangle

I just wanted to work out some ideas/stats/setting fluff for my sheeps, who am I basically using as dwarves.

sheep country is hilly plains with medium grass and a few mountains placed around
speak accented english
armor is several layers of colorful and thick woolen cloth accented in fur and fringes
helmets are metal though
has hunting dogs and pigs
top male name for sheep is Tom and John
top female is Margret and Lamby
top dog name Shetland and Border
top pig name Babe and Rubert
pretty much vegetarian with a tiny bit of meat
mountain climbing and knitting are most popular hobbies
most popular meal is a savery beat and vegetable stew with seedy bread and fresh honey butter
feasts are common as are parties
neighbers are nice to each other but are distrusftull of one another.

I know I mispelled neighbors.

ohhh one last thing
black sheep are uncommon and are considered blessed to do great things

immagine something like this for the soldiers except less polished and more fluffy

Inspired by this perhaps?

mutton/10

But if you eat them, where will you get new sweaters?

depends on what kinda "eat" we're talking about here.

They'd be baaaaaaaaaaaad

>fluff
heh

Just make them baaaaaaad

>in Sheep's clothing: gives a +4 to bluff
Should be -4 to insight, it's the sheep who are being fooled in that idiom

+4 to fluff

It's more like wearing a wig.
Not even weird. Just differently colored.

Rams are cool.

...it's a closer relative of hippos and whales, and more distantly pigs, but still closer than sheep.

I don't know how these memes get started.

always counts as wearing a sweater.

Maybe, but I hear some of them have memory problems.