JumpChain CYOA Thread #1392: Big Stronk Mammaries Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vdhF4O54YjU
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dead_reckoning
pastebin.com/V7X6cFXN
youtube.com/watch?v=bI2QEhSWGvY
pastebin.com/BZ9gUHa1
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Mirror Alice [300] - Right back at ya! When activated, this Gear takes the form of a glowing, transparent mirror in front of the user or an ally. An attack that strikes this mirror is immediately reflected back onto the attacker, with twice the destructive power. Why is this being offered so cheaply? Well, it has a cool-down period that prevents it from being summoned twice in a row, which means it is best reserved for baiting a finishing move or protecting a weaker ally. Eventually, the user can learn to summon multiple mirrors, lessening this weakness slightly.

Sword Birth [300] - A fan of swords, are we? Well, if blades are your bones, this Sacred Gear has you covered. This Sacred Gear takes the appearance of any sword you can think of, but its true power is being able to create any number of Demon Swords from any surface a certain distance from the user. Should you unlock this Gear’s Balance Breaker, you may even unique Demon Swords with specific abilities made to counter a particular race or type of enemy, or utilize different elements together.

Blade Blacksmith [400] - This Sacred Gear is something of an ‘older brother’ to Sword Birth, having an identical effect save for the fact the weapons summoned are Holy Swords, thus making it terrifyingly effective against Devils or other unholy creatures like the Fallen. It’s also notable in that it can potentially develop multiple Balance Breakers, such as summoning knights to wield said Holy Swords or make a gigantic dragon made entirely of said weapons. Who knows? Perhaps that potential can be unlocked in your hands, as well…

Prices might change once the descriptions are done, but I wanted to get the most-requested one and two of my favorites out of the way first.

My error. was a build for Chroma Squad.

>Mirror Alice

Uh, this thing can work on the Longinus weapons, which are supposed to be able to shoot pure destruction or something? It seems a bit odd to offer something that can nosell the most powerful Gears in the series at 300 CP, you should probably lessen the reflection ability. Maybe scale it with your personal magic reserves or something.

>Sacred Gear

When you say appearance, do you mean functionality as well? You should probably quantify what a Demon Sword is capable of to avoid confusion that this is basically unlimited Excaliburs

And I don't know enough about balance breakers so the last one looks okay I guess?

The usb is not a usb, Im thinking a multitool plug.

Plus it shouldnt be too hard using jumper materials to make it durable.

You can keep your space magic thank you.

That's how it canonically works, and it's already limited by the cool down. Sacred Gears are all really damn good, the Longinus are just especially bullshit even compared to the others. Having a two use shield that only works on abilities that aren't more powerful than you kind of sucks for an SG.

So it is. I stand corrected, thought it was an OC of some kind. I haven't been keeping up with the DxD jump's development.

Still, why isn't THIS thing considered more powerful than the Longinus if it can just reflect a better Longinus attack back at whoever's using the Longinus?

Not him. Probably because a Longinus user can defend and attack at those levels the entire time, while a Mirror Alice user is completely beholden to what his enemies do and only blows up at certain times. This is before you get into tangential downsides, such as Mirror Alice being very vulnerable in a team fight (even with the multiple mirror thing, it would only work if multiple enemies attacked at once, which is only gonna happen if they don't know what their SG does) and having no offensive potential against opponents who have defenses greater than their attack power.

fair enough. You used the acronym so I thought you meant the same thing

>Blade Blacksmith
youtube.com/watch?v=vdhF4O54YjU

To do a side by side comparison of pipboys vs omnitools they each have different uses.

Pipboy
Can be used to hack into and power equipment built in the 40s which to be frank shouldnt even be hackable like it is.
Has a geiger counter
Has a health moniter
Has a radio
Has a map
Has a gps in spite of not having any infrastructure to run a gps off of
May or may not be powered by a mini fusion reactor
Lasts hundreds of years without failing
And gives you a stat system along with the VATs system

Omnitool
Runs on space magic
Can shoot energy blasts of fire or ice
Can access future tech computers
Can turn into a freakin sword
And can somehow unlock stuff, not sure how that works
Looks like its easier to carry than a pip boy

Did I miss anything? Maybe I should figure out how to merge the two as they clearly (to me) do different things

>Has a gps in spite of not having any infrastructure to run a gps off of

You don't need infrastructure for a GPS you just need to know where you start, a Speedometer and a Electric Compass. If you're clever you don't even need that.

Yeah, the omnitool can break things down into omnigel and use it to make shit on the spot or repair things.

Pipboy
Wearable computer that actually works as such
Solid and durable

Omnitool
Transparent orange plastic
Nonfunctional

But in seriousness, yeah, merging them would be useful.
Looks like it'll break easily

Night Reflection [500] - Manifesting as shadows that dance and move to the user’s will, this Sacred Gear can form bladed weapons and spears from said shadows to use as weapons against the enemy, as well as shaping them to entangle and bind foes. In addition, this darkness can ‘consume’ attacks and redirect them anywhere within the user’s field of influence. The Balance Breaker allows the user of this Sacred Gear to become like the shadows they control, becoming intangible and completely unharmed by physical attacks, though energy-based attacks can still harm them.

Genuinely not sure what to price this one. Do note Sacred Gears are all undiscounted.

What? At the very least you need 8 satellites in geo synchronous orbit.

For what it's worth, the transparent stuff is supposed to be holographic projections.

Also, damn, pipboy users must be swole as fuck.

Have you seen how big pipboys are? That's just a side effect of their use. +2 str.

The omnitool is hard light. Its also just a chip in your wrist. Seeing how just about everyone has one in Mass Effect.

no, because since each PIP boy was issued to A vault it's super easy to have good idea of what their starting position is Then you just have the computer use dead reckoning.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dead_reckoning

You can make a positioning system but not one anywhere close to as good as a GPS. Also you need to keep track of where you are at all times. And you probably won't be as accurate as a GPS.

It isn't GPS. And the vaults could easily transmit some sort of signal that a pipboy could use to find its location through triangulation. Works fine for cellphones, after all, when they aren't using GPS.

I mean as much as it updates I doubt its using speedometers. Especially what with it working if you call off a cliff and such.

It has got to be lighter than it looks or damn that left arm could flip a tank.

I think that looks about right, for what it's worth.

I mean, considering all the shit a Fallout protagonist goes through? I wouldn't be surprised if it could.

Oh yeah and you can never walk next to anything magnetic or the whole system dies.

>And you probably won't be as accurate as a GPS.

a GPS gets things down to the inch, I'm not claiming that it's not accurate since there's nothing in the game or the lore that Implies it's That accurate.

you've got a good point with the triangulation, though. but yeah, you don't need satellites to know where you are.

fair enough, butthe operating principle is there

hey question does the discount for Genius of the Art from purchasing it previously, stack with the discount for great artist?

Honestly, they should probably all be priced the same, because they're not harder to create or supposed to be "special" or "weak" with the exception of the Longinus. In-setting, they're considered equal barring skill of the user and training, and should be priced accordingly. 400-500 CP, regardless of the specific gear, but all under one price, however high or low you feel like making them.

There's a reason we use GPS and not dead reckoning. Dead reckoning has no way to deal with any error accumulation, whereas GPS does. You need some way to zero your position.

This is more reasonable, although the vaults don't have the kind of antenna setup you'd need to pull that off, and atmospheric conditions would render it pretty inaccurate over distance.
Also, it really doesn't work that well for cellphones, its no where near as accurate as GPS.

In any case, its not really inconceivable they still use GPS, the satellites could still be up there, and its not impossible they automated the necessary synching.

Stupid question, but: can we still fanwank a unique Sub-Species Balance Breaker for SGs that already have a canon BB?

It also depends on the version, but we can probably assume newer ones have all the same features as the old.

Pip-Boy 2000
>Can record sound and video footage for later playback.
>Sonar and satellite tracking where satellite coverage is available to map out areas where its user travels.
>User can also hand-enter and edit text messages.

Pip-Boy 3000
>Built-inradio,geiger counter, and flashlight.
>Biometric lock that can only be opened by either the user or a skilled technician.

Given that onmi-tools are shown to be the smart phones of Mass Effect you could probably just buy/code an app to replicate just about any feature or tool you want.

Are all SGs "prisons", or is it just the Longinus?

The discount for multiple purchases only applies if you're a great artist. Other people always have to pay 100cp artists get their first free and following ones discounted.

>The discount for multiple purchases only applies if you're a great artist. Other people always have to pay 100cp artists get their first free and following ones discounted.

Okay because that's not how that one is worded at all.

You should be able to considering the evolution of SGs heavily rely on the individual wielder. Even the Longinus Gears work with that in mind.

See notes
>This jump probably still has spelling and grammar issues because Herculanon is basically an illiterate barbarian.

Man you have been asking questions about this jump every time he has shown up since he posted it bancho. Make a build and move on already.

Prisons for some. For others it's merely a "home" of sorts.

Some beings can be bargained with to become the power and concept of a Sacred Gear. Like how Azazel created an SG powered by Fafnir and then later annulled the contract after his curiosity was sated.

>>This jump probably still has spelling and grammar issues because Herculanon is basically an illiterate barbarian.

Fair enough

but yes you should specify that discounts don't stack because right now it's one purchase free from great artist plus the discount for being part of The great artist tree plus the discount for purchasing it previously=one free plus 25 CP for each additional purchase.

I did though. I just didn't think I did it right because I know I don't do anything right.

pastebin.com/V7X6cFXN

So, all of them have "residents"? Are there any that don't?

The US Government, RobCo Industries, and General Atomics were the three most likely groups to work together and build a geosynchronous satellite network. Like all Fallout technology they build that shit to last, assuming the Chinese or Aliens didn't fuck it they're probably still working up there with automated repair bots and what not.

sorry that last part was for you

on another note Space monkeys is almost done,I basically need to come up with some drawbacks and turn ideas descriptions would anyone be interested in a gun caliber jump?

youtube.com/watch?v=bI2QEhSWGvY

For all anyone knows they just shot suped up versions of Mr Gutsys into space to act as satellites.

Thats true, fallout robots are amazingly advanced. Some are at least on the level of starwars droids.

It would actually make sense to have the sattelites still going if they had some automated way to prevent drift.

Actually gutsy/handy units look perfect for satellite work.

They come standard with jets built into them and are already hardened and made to survive extremes in temperature as well as debri or shrapnel and they have a pretty good ai.

assuming I go through the trouble to un-mindfuck Widowmaker, what do you with her afterwards?

Give her lots and lots of therapy. She's going to need it.

The thing is, I honestly don't know. On one hand, there have been quite a few confirmed with souls of gods, dragons, the fae, and dead children.

However, there are others that seem to not have souls or beings. A quick wiki walk hasn't given me much more info on this, just some have residents, others seem to not have residents.

I do remember that Azazel had to negotiate with some other beings to create Artificial SGs, so maybe all SGs do have residents, but they are all at various levels of wakefulness.

Waifu her?

help her track down the people who did this to her and shoot them

See, now I'm just imagining whole squads of Gutsy units clustered around a satellite. They care for it, protect it from flying debris, push it back into orbit when it starts to drift. Sounds really appropriate for Fallout.

Could you imagine one of the alien ships accidentally bringing one aboard for study though?

"Who's ready to have thier ass kicked?!"
>Noble American Robot flamethrowers nearest alien while blowing a hole through an overseer in the control booth with his plasma rifle.
"HOOAH! No amount of grey commie-lovers are going to stand between me and my mission!"
>Aliens run, Robot approaches console. Smacks it repeatedly.
"What's is your major malfunction, maggot?!"
>Aliens quickly eject the robot back out into space before more lives could be lost. Mr Gutsy returns to brethren with a melted grey-commie in tow. Is awarded the highest of honors, the rare Nuka-Cola Bottle Cap Medal of Honor.

Doesn't seem worth the effort, but if you must, I'd suggest giving her a job doing something other than shooting people for a while.

And a hug.

Mindfuck her again into your missing bard elf for our Pathfinder game.

>Doesn't seem worth the effort
Huh. You're the last person I would've anticipated saying that.

Must give them all medals.

This is my headcanon now.

Well, I mean, not to be cold or anything, but she's a huge fixer-upper project and there's no guarantee she won't just shove the nearest gun into her mouth unless you do some major redecorating in her memories.

Besides the extreme mental damage, there's also the changes to her physiology. You'd have to find a way to undo whatever weird science they threw at the wall to slow her heart and numb her ability to feel emotions.

I mean, I know we're Jumpers, so it's not impossible by any means. It just seems a lot of work for someone who probably wouldn't want to join you on your journey anyways. She certainly wouldn't want to pick up a gun after she was fixed, which is one of her main selling points. So, in short, unless you take her as is, I don't see all the effort being worth the trouble.

If you're just going it to help the poor woman, then sure, absolutely it's worth the trouble. But I wouldn't expect anyone to get a usable Companion for their effort. But... that's just me.

Then again, my Overwatch Babe picks are hardly popular, so maybe I just have shit taste and poor judgement in the matter. Mei and Zarya

Glad I can be entertaining. It is a rather amusing bit of headcanon.

>second spoiler
Jesus man what the fuck.

Widow's the type of person I'd try to help if I could, even if there was nothing in it for me. But I can understand just mercy killing her, or just doing nothing. No one's required to help everyone they possibly can.

Good taste in babes, though.

Kindness, Strength, and Nobility. I look up to all three and those two women have all three in spades. Plus, accents. Gotta love the accent on both of them.

I really want Zarya to hug me like big, fuzzy Siberian bear.

Hugs for you too.

>HALO - 20
Background: Drop-In
Drawbacks: N/A
Final Point Count: 1,000 CP

Armory:
-Mammoth

Rate my HALO build.

10/10.

Therapy, revenge/justice, and then peaceful life.

what are you going to do with a mammoth? bully traffic for 10 years?

>Rate my HALO build.
3/10, you tried.

The mammoth's terribly overpriced for what's basically a brick with three guns.

Cross bridges and take bitches.

That and honk obnoxiously at women on the street.

Byootiful.

>taking generic giant tank rather than second best gun

4/10

The foundation for American food ended up being more German than it did British, due to an early and large immigration of Germans to the area. In the North, they're actually more descended from them than they are the British.

I think you might like food around the Carolinas, since it's primarily pork and chicken based, then with fish thrown in. Pretty similar to the most common meats in China from what I understand. You'd want to like vinegar, though.

How fast do weapons in RWBY transform? Would it be practical to make a sword-shield hybrid and switch between the forms mid-battle?

Seconds, usually. The point of Transformation is to transition between different ranges and weapons as you need to.

Very quickly, swapping between the various modes is part of everybodies fighting style.

Most of them tend to transform in the middle of a swing, so it's very fast.

Hopefully helpful.

I heard the Old Kingdom series may or may not be claimed, and I'm not sure how to figure that out, so I started making one.

If there was somebody working on it, they can use this. Otherwise, I'll carry on with it. Turns out it's difficult to make these, though, so I'll probably ask for advice on putting it together.

Are there any good elves?

Most elves are good, when properly trained.

user I will love you to death for this. I loved this series.

Right, let's get this out of the way.

pastebin.com/BZ9gUHa1

Might make OC options at a later date. Typing the Longinus options felt physically painful.

I'd rather have Drop-In, Charter Mage, Free Magic Sorcerer, and Ancelstierre backgrounds. Then you can make a section of perks relating to the bloodlines of the great charters.

They seem pretty obnoxious to me

That bird falls before she throws. Also why is that idiot switching a rifle for a spear for ranged attacks.

Hey, that would be WAY easier. And less annoying, in the case of the Clayr specifically. Off we go to do that.

That one was posted to show the switching speed, sorry, should have made that clearer. She's aiming at someone else to try and stop them from falling into a forest (by impaling the back of their shirt and sticking them to a tree).

I think the bird got hit by another character earlier.

Oh, well then sorry I retract my statement.

>Typing the Longinus options felt physically painful.
Yeah, it must offend your nerfwhore sensibilities. I can only imagine that Red REEEEING at you not to include them didn't make it any more pleasant.

>Annihilation Maker
>Scales with imagination
Um. Really? So is this the guy the strongest thing in setting or is this another Gremmy situation where someone that has a power that should make them God just doesn't use it for some reason?

Not really familiar with the Series beyond going wiki diving yesterday after all the hype with this jump, but isn't Boosted Gear supposed to continuously double the user's power?

>Forced drawback and all of your points for stuff you need to stay competitive.

She hasn't said a thing about other people's jumps for months you bint, all because she's terrified of offending shitlings like you for some reason.

I don't think she's terrified. She was joking about the Shitposter a few threads back, I think.

I thought it only did to the user's maximum potential, but it seems to actually be the peak of the race now?

That it is. Heavens is trying to gyp people of their points.

I believe he actually needed a rough idea of the mechanics. It's not "why didn't Gremmy just imagine he was Ywach" tier stupidity.

It still feels like if that's the case, this option is a lot stronger then the others.

It's because a bunch of autists here get crazy on behalf of others and some assholes like getting in there to make trouble cause whatever.

It does but it also has a high chance of killing its host.

Well then let that be the balancing factor instead of paying 1000 CP to be Captain America?