Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Orks are still shit, edition.

prev

>Dunkan danks
youtube.com/watch?v=AQHs8HPGGyw

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android.
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!z4wmmJyR!jTfwLczhdFjV0q6nowtGag!qgZhmAhK

>40k rules reference in wiki format.
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Latest GW teases
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW FAQs.
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>List organizer picture book
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Offline list builder
battlescribe.net/

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

Other urls found in this thread:

bloodofkittens.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/Brandon-Grant-2nd-Overall-Las-Vegas-Open-2017.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

1st for Militarum Tempestors

Second for Squats

these threads are too serious, post funny

First for da Orkses !

>I2

re: I'm going to field one of these with my BA and I wanted some wingmen for it. I sit better to take Stormravens or snag a Stormtalon formation from Codex: Marines?

My biggest problem with Age of Sigmar is everything is a metal scheme. Its fucking bland. DOES CLOTH OR LEATHER ARMOR NOT FUCKING EXIST

My list is shit, right? Librarian has a force sword.

>Why are the Dwarves from the Metal Planet all wearing metal?

CAD is better for ObSec.

Gonna make an Imperial Fist army, what should I have to add flavor/fluffy

>impying a BA list was going to be anything other than utter garbage

I can choose between the two depending on what I'm fighting as my list qualifies for both.

>The gold on that Taurox

holy shit that would take no effort at all to fix

Is that actual lore?

HAHAHAHHAHAHAH

*Breathes*

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Still doesn't explain the other races.

I really hope the upcoming Armageddon campaign has formations for the Templars that don't require the purchase of $120 in non-Templar models.
It's the perfect opportunity to introduce that as well as new plastic models of Grimaldus and Helbrecht.

Orks are definitely going to get a much-needed update, and Imperium content is a given. I just hope the Templars and the Steel Legion are the Imperium factions to be the face of Armageddon.

Thing is, nothing bans them from coming along, and there is a rule preventing him from being split off.

Formation passes Reserve Roll:
Cawl is in formation:
Cawl must be placed first:
Cawl can't leave the unit in Reserves, so he is still joined to the unit:
Cawl is placed first, then the Custodes must be placed around him as normal:
No rules broken, since Cawl was the only guy who benefitted from a Formation rule, but as only the first model makes Scatter rolls, he ignores those and was the first model placed, Cawl and friends do not scatter.

Who are you quoting?

Ork boyz and dead space marines

Opinions on Dreadclaws? I was thinking of getting/converting one for my Chaos force, as I could really use an assault transport that's cheaper than a land raider.

I've also heard that the Daemonic Possession rule that eats models is actually skipped over for any pods that drop in on turn 1, which makes them much better in my opinion.

Are you telling me you think this model is silly?

Put meltaguns on the Assault squad, drop the power sword.

Terminators are kind of a waste, especially if that's keeping your Librarian off the board for 2+ turns. TH/SS assault terminators would make for a better meatshield to put the Librarian in.

Predator is okay but a Vindicator would be better.

If you are trying to make a mini-deathstar with the Command Squad and Captain I wouldn't do it. Or at the very least, take Dante instead of the Captain. If you insist on the Captain, give him a Power Fist and Lightning Claw.

I wish loyalists had them as well while chaos also got normal pods of course.

> Literally everyone has a 2+ save and AP2/3 weapons
> Deep Strike into close combat for the whole army
> Reduced Scatter because Dante
> Looks baller

How do other Astartes even compete?

Is that... a chainsword?

I'm really struggling on what to buy for my sisters.
I want to have Penitent Engines but I can't afford more than 3 at a time and I heard you need 6.
I'm not going to use this list, I was just looking at how many points I could get out of buying 4 squad upgrades

It is basically everything I want from a marine transport. Mid-level durability, the ability to assault out, and only being 100 points.

The only reason I hadn't looked closer at it was because of the potential of eating models, but if I can avoid worrying about that, it's perfect.

Yes.
Notice also, the mustache cannons, monocle and top hat.

He's the leader of the dworf sky pirates.
A flying, dworfven (dwarven), steampunk, pirate, gentleman thief Dick Dastardly.

Sound good?

>I've also heard that the Daemonic Possession rule that eats models is actually skipped over for any pods that drop in on turn 1, which makes them much better in my opinion.
Source? A friend plays Chaos and we roll for it on turn 1.

Is the relic blade not worth anything if I need extra strength, or the ap2 power sword relic if I need ap2?

I would love to play against this list.

My Daemonettes would eat them.

I still can't decide between these lists. Playtesting them both will be a pain because they're so different.

Well, I read it on the 1d4chan tactics page so I did some digging. Here's basically how it works out:

First, Daemonic possession's eating doesn't take place until the start of your first turn, which means you don't do it during deployment. Secondly, the rules for reserves prevent units from using any special rules at the start of the movement phase on the turn they come in for reserves.

Taken together, this essentially means that the Drop pod is occupied with Deep-striking, and is thus unable to use its rules to eat a passenger.

Kind of a rules-lawyery justification, but honestly it's a stupid upgrade to begin with.

Sounds great

WE MELEE ADMECH NOW

Left list looks more powerful and has the D, I dont think doggo spam will work vs certain armies.

You have a power fist for S8 AP2, and a Lightning Claw for everyone else, plus Furious Charge when you assault for S9 or S5 respectively.

I discover that 6 PE is the minimum for the to work at all. Either in 2s or 3s

How do I know? I'm the crazy bastard that runs PE even against gunlines. Since I'm an old fart I know how to make it work by sheer experience. Silly young players with their netlisting and zero understanding of the game.

>the only way to win tournies as Space Marines is to take vanilla Gladius with White Scars rules

Why is this game so gay

Name ten competitive games where literally every single strategy can consistently win tournaments.

#NOTMYWARHAMMER

they can't be fielded in formations unless the formation allows it.

bloodofkittens.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/Brandon-Grant-2nd-Overall-Las-Vegas-Open-2017.pdf

it's a "fluffy" rule

That's unrealistic and you know it.
The point is, the game could be a lot more balanced with more viable strategies and races.

But... it so much more expensive.
>Yes, that's why people don't use captain
I guess so but there must be some kind of compromise.

No shit, it would be in a CAD. Hence why I said 'snag a Stormtalon formation from Codex: Marines'.

Yeah, which is why I'm glad there's a way to circumvent it by taking one pod and never climbing back inside.

I'd reply with a list of nothing but white scars with grav on bikes but I can't be bothered making it.

I can't even name one lol

Veeky Forums what happens if a squad of FMC's needs to make a grounding test? Does only one get grounded, or the entire squad? Or do they take the grounding test and die instantly since the rest of the squad is swooping?

I didn't think you could climb back into the pod. I know you can stay in the pod and it can shoot small blasts.

There is no compromise. GW books are not well balanced internally, much less externally. You want a Your Dudes captain who wrecks faces? suck it up and take the loadout, or switch to Dante. Or start playing vanilla Marines and run Smashfucker.

Jump infantry deathstars suck anyway. There is a reason everyone runs bikes or thunderwolves or screamers for their deathstars.

Thunderfire Cannons. Quad Mortars from 30k are a better variant of them.
Vindicators. Sicarans from 30k are a better variant of them.
Tactical Marines. I usually roll with 2 squads in drop pods with melta and one with plasma in a rhino
Ironclad Dreadnoughts. I usually drop one in with full weaponry and a meltagun.
Devastators. All of the fucking devastators. A unit of each kind of heavy weapon is traditional.

Basically, you see the Heavy Support slot? Take that.

Shadow War: Armageddon is $130.

stop raping me gw.

why are you surprised? tournaments are cutthroat lists taking the nastiest and cheapest stuff you can fit. it's not for casuals

Stop making me sad about playing Blood Angels.

I was hoping to at least see some Skyhammer Annihilation lists or other shit placing high, but I guess deep striking is for chumps when you get hundreds of points worth of free transports..

So what's the consensus on the 40k Tartaros rules?

I really fucking like them, a lot more than the Termies we have right now at least. Also seem like a direct upgrade to normal Assault Terminators with Lightning Claws.

I'm pretty sure you can. Unlike a normal drop pod, I'm pretty sure it'll keep flying around for as long as you want it to, even after disgorging troops.

> Not taking Iron Hands biker-characters along with space wolf barkstar

VOLKITE CONFIRMED EXISTING IN 40K

objective secured and being able to move around the table fast is really helpful. getting some gravcannons on the board to alpha strike might not work against everyone and assault squads don't fight well

>what are Tech-Priest Domini

They still have their ability to sweep and run? Direct upgrade.

Unique, rare motherfuckers you don't see many of. It's like saying the Imperium has jetbikes because of sammael.

Skyhammer is a terrible list to take. You're banking that you can drop all your shit first and have them mop up the entire armor, if not you loose everything you dropped if you leave enough of the enemy untouched. Not mention when fighting another SM player with his own drop pods, he can just let you go first, you have to drop everything, and then he just drops his drops behind your drop.

They have volkite blasters which can be argued as hq relics. Chargers are the basic gun, which is now confirmed to have survived into 40k.

>80 bucks of Scouts+Orks
>Giant Terrain is 50 bucks

Kinda expected it to be around that

>Marines Yomi each other with drop pod denial lists

From what I understand its, ironically, better to take Dark Angels as allies for your barkstar.

Don't say anything about no running or sweeping.

I didn't realize they gave them different rules? Are they loyalist only like the previous ones?

Yeah, cheaper auxiliaries, but it's a 9.7 vs. a 9.5 out of 10.
I've seen it happen, man.

Then it means they can. As normal Terminator armour has a clause to prevent Sweeping Advance

These are great for assault terminators. The grenade harness along with Lightning claws and being able to sweep will make them quite good. Only downside I can see is a lack of Stormshields.

I'd say the IG codex is pretty well balanced internally.

Now of course CSM get these too, seeing as they carry reaper autocannons.

I wouldn't count on it. They have Chapter Tactics.

Thanks, made my decision.

Their lore is that they are space pirate dwarves who evolved for centuries living in the skies instead of inside mountains. The skies in AoS are full of magic and poison so they use magic powered weapons, magic powered airships, and magical full body aerial scuba suits.

They also have metal pirate parrots welded to their shoulders, metal bowler and top hats welded to their helmets, and sculpted beards with guns in them.

Frankly these things are the ONLY good new things to come out of AoS.

Ogryns

Wasn't Veeky Forums all abuzz about the "Totally not iron horde ripoffs" being the best thing ever?

At least Stormcasts make decent Blood Angel Terminators. That's a decent thing to get from AoS.

noooo i want it to be less. my wallet. mercy

>Frankly these things are the ONLY good new things to come out of AoS.

Hey! I enjoyed the Daemons of Tzeentch release as it meant I finally get a Lord of Change that isn't metal.

Orruk are pretty great too. These new metal sky pirate dwarves return to the campy silliness that everyone complains 40k abandoned.

I'm hoping they have Terrain only boxes. Might be able to stomach that.

That's fucking bullshit. Luckily my group is sure to let me houserule that. I'd already planned on getting them for a Chaos lord and a squad with Lightning claws, so throwing in a Grenade harness is even better.

yeah the terrain is really nice but one wouldnt be enough for a good game i think. and buying two $130 boxes for a game might be a bit much...

Why I said I'm hoping for Terrain only boxes. Which might be around 50 bucks.

Nurgle when.

>Iron Warriors
Nerds who play dungeons and dragons and hate Chads

>Emperor's Children
Loud Metalheads

>World Eaters
Hyperactive kids who love sugar and 'cool' shit

>Black Legion
Saturday Morning cartoon villains

as if nurgle doesn't get enough attention

user, the lord of change and kairos haven't been metal for years

Too bad enjoy your useless models in every box

>loyalist only
Just like I predicted.

Probably not until after Slaanesh

>Slaanesh doesn't have a Start Collecting Nurgle does.

Sucks that your new GUO became the End Times triplets

They are selling Terrain with make your own dead bodies!

Finecast < Metal
>Also for whatever reason, last year my GW had a metal LOC, but not FC LOC

weird, i thought gw discontinued all their metal models a decade ago (sisters don't count)