youtube.com/watch?v=A4LZ8iCSkeU

>Fuckin Magnets how do they work?
youtube.com/watch?v=w8Tkw7ttTIo
miniwargaming.com/magnet-guide
bolterandchainsword.com/topic/297605-tutorial-magnetisation/

>List of mini manufacturers for converting and proxy
pastebin.com/p6bVhGsg

>Stripping Paint
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Dakka_Modeling_FAQ:_How_to_Strip...

>On the consequences of insufficient ventilation
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronic_solvent-induced_encephalopathy
hse.gov.uk/pubns/indg273.pdf

>This planet is ours, witch!
youtube.com/watch?v=7_b-qBTul44

Other urls found in this thread:

todaysamazingdeals.club/magsavvy-flash-sale
reapermini.com/Miniatures/instrument/latest/03032
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

That's a big mini

I'll start off by posting my second chimera i just finished.

4u

He's a big guy, OP.

I like it! What you use for the blues?

Just shaded the new shield guy for the Mordheim warband.

If I stripped off that paint would he die?

Finished off my Tree revenant, I'm very unsure about the basing though.
I wanted a sort of "just started to snow" look.
What do you guys think of the basing, if it's bad do you have any other suggestions for anything nicer?

Thanks! The blue is The Fang basecoated and highlighted with a 50:50 mix of The fang and Fenrisian Grey

The white is based Celestra grey highlighted with ulthuan grey, in both cases they were shaded with agrax earthshade

Your pics need better lighting, but I like the gold and the red shield from what I can tell

"For the Emperor"

I'm trying to find a way to represent my carcharodons walking in some very dark waters, not deep, but the same colour as the deep sea, almost black blue waters.

However, I don't know how to represent this so that it doesn't looks flat on the base.

I tried using Ardcoat, but for obvious reasons it doesn't give any thickness to the base, which is what I'm looking for. Something that could be used to give some sort of 3D effects when wanted.

I know that some companies sell some kind of hobby false water or something, anyone know about that?

4 TK

I really dont like that snow
Get The GW Valhallan blizzard snow paint, tis great and itll definitely look better than that dry brushed flock you got going there.
Fresh snow will always be very flat looking and covers grass almost instantly, and if youre oging for the just started to fall snow look then your grass should start to turn yellow from the cold, not such a lush vibrant green.
Look up pics for reference, stuff like "fresh snow fall on grass" and such as that

Ever since the Tzeentch book came out, I had an idea - make a converted Khorne Bloodbound army and call it Tzeentch Fatebound. Today I've finished a test model, Tzeentch Arcane-priest. Using that guy against my local bloodbound opponents ought to be awesome.

Well, I mean, you did a good job on that miniature, but I'm not a fan of the idea of representing Tzeentch with Khorne rules.

It would be extremely messy.

that's a really cool conversion!

I think I'm finally probably done with these guys. Need to get them varnished asap then I may look at adding some grossness on top, but for now I'm pretty happy with them. Next job is finishing the Great Unclean One.

Lurvly painting.

The main reason for me to do it is how easily all Khorne stuff can be re-named to become Tzeentchy. Skulltakers? Soultakers. Mighty lord of Khorne? Mighty lord of Tzeentch.
It's really funny, at least for me.
Thanks!
Great plaguebearers.

beautiful! Great job user, you can be proud fielding an army with this quality!

Done some more work on this boy, I was pretty worried earlier on that it wasn't go to work out but I'm pretty pleased with it!

Bit hard to white balance it under my light, got to order a daylight bulb.

Oh daaaamn, the colours on these. Love 'em!

Looks GOAT

I only ever see /wip/ referenced in a negative context. Are you guys assholes or something?

Occasionally we get autistic screeching over minor details or some prick refuses to take criticism well. But most of my experiences here have been pleasent enough.

Our posting is tabletop quality at best.

I've heard good things about Envirotex Lite being used for water. Woodland Scenics also sells Realistic Waterâ„¢ specifically for modellers and it looks great. You can tint both of them any colour you want.

It's because there are two types of people that are regulars here
>people that can't take any criticism
>and people who give out shit criticism with no backing or ways to get better/general nitpicking

Most people use a resin like envirotex lite or magic water to create water depth. Look up scale model/model train/historical modelling tutorials for it, they're so far ahead of gamers it's unreal. Resin dries flat so if you want a rippled surface you can use acrylic gloss medium, it's basically like thick clear acrylic paint.

That isn't entirely true, user. Whenever I post my shitty tau I always get useful feedback.

I know that not everyone is like that, but those are two types of people that are here and like to but their heads into everything, just look at the last thread. Overall though, /wip/ is a pretty good place, mainly because you get it straight, unlike a lot of painting forums where you have people who are afraid to give criticism.

Working on my least favorite aspects. Decided to start with the exarch because fuck it.

Nice blues. Is that airbrush work?

The detail you put into their butts is admirable

It's a combination of airbrush and regular brush.

>Is that airbrush work?
You can tell from the blue overspray on the cork.

And from seeing quite a few airbrushed models in your time?

I've asked this ages ago, but never had time to work on them: I'd like to do my lizardmen with a similar color scheme, doing the shields purple, similar to the tyranids.

What suggestion do you have for a begginner about the colors to use?

Probably on white base.

That works too.

Duncan just did a tutorial on a white armour that might work for their underbellies. Black is a fairly simple abaddon-Eshin Grey highlight combo. Not sure about oranges, though.

I once asked for help on if a miniature was good for beginners and got no responses, so I don't like them that much.

I want to say using reddish-oranges and caucasian fleshtones (Elf/Bestigor probably best) would be ideal for the orange parts, working in a nice blend between the two and the underbelly that suggested.

yES.

Thanks!

Threw together an Inquisitor out of spare parts. Should be fun to paint.

Looks like Hector Rex

It looks absolutely fuckall like Hector Rex.

They might look similar in the way they both have legs.

Needs a bit more to look less like a fancy Space Marine imho. Do you have any greenstuff to make robes, or any =][= icons you can add onto him?

Nah no greenstuff or icons yet, it was just thrown together for a laugh but i'll probably take a look at getting some =][= on there some how.

cool immortan joe

In need of a slightly stranger parts request than usual.

I need a violin, and preferably the arms to go with it, that I can use on a 40k miniature. Anyone happen to know of a source?

Looks like Lufgt Huron. Where'd you get the cool banner eagle?

That's exactly who it was. I used his head for another conversion so had the rest of him sat in a bits box.

The Banner is from the Custodes standard bearer.

I meant in that they're both inquisitors in space marine-tier power armor.

The thumbnail made it look like a disgruntled bugbear playing the piano in a nightclub.

So nearly every Inquisitor then?

Malifaux has a model called Lust. I don't think the arms will be useful for you though.

A friend actually just pointed that out to me a minute ago. The arms won't help much, but all I'll need to do is find replacements.
Thanks.

>i'll probably take a look at getting some =][= on there some how.

You get three of 'em on the Deathwatch upgrade sprue... but they're Deathwatch flavour wiv da little skull 'n' bones.

What's a good mini primer to get now that I ran out of Chaos Black and can buy something better?

>What's a good mini primer to get now that I ran out of Chaos Black and can buy something better?

Just bought two cans of Rustoleum Painter's Touch 2x about an hour ago. It's pretty good at only $4.00US a can. Just make sure you get "flat" and not "gloss".

Thanks to both of you, the video was useful, I will try with the orange, but I don't have experience with the blending

Blessed be upon Lord Duncan, thinner of coats, wielder of the finest tip - deliver me in my time of need, I cannot paint this triumvirate on my own.

Soon.
Soon, young grasshopper.

Figured I'd post this here for anyone wanting magnets.

todaysamazingdeals.club/magsavvy-flash-sale

Comes out to about $8 for 24 magnets and a drill bit.

Mark 2 is legit nice.
Does the sergeant's pose look okay? I improvised the shield out of a chainsword grip and a Predator hatch, wasn't sure how it would look, but it seems to be nice enough to me.

Help me WIP

How do I into this fucking chainglaive? The wrists are facing opposite directions!

Pic related. The arms are magbetized don't worry.

One or both arms probably need to be bent, but the pic on FW is of the OTHER glaive being held with 2 hands.

Another angle

My last pic

if you've already swapped out one of the arms with one from the other pair, no clue what to tell you

>It's Time to D-D-D-D DUEL!

reapermini.com/Miniatures/instrument/latest/03032

Doesn't have the arms, but it's the only thing besides Lust that comes to mind,

Working on some Desert deployed gaunts ghosts

Any tutorial to make betrayal at calth's contemptor have a more dynamic pose?

AK interactive grime streak stuff pretty good

Thanks

Should have bought that yesterday but I wanted to run it by here first

Forgefiend. The large wire will likely be painted black as an "ignore me" sign while the thin wires will be green or blue tendrils of energy.

Better view from the top

>not ordering dirt cheap magnets in bulk from the chinks

Actually, I get mine 200 for $8-10, free shipping, and NOT from china. They usually arrive in 2-3 days. Better than waiting over a month.

Are those recasted with oyumaru or are they just primed white?

Cool idea.

What about using the clear plastic flying stands instead of the rod of you want it to be ignored?

those fucking eyes

Chinaman

I would, if I had any. On second thought I may put some putty on the wire to break up its perfectly straight silhouette and paint it blue/green like the others

Anyone got a guide on how to use pic related? Or even how its supposed to look? Everytime I use it, it just flakes off and looks bad.

Looks too much like a digimon or something. To much empty space on it's back/top with the guns just appearing from random poles. I dunno man, your model but it does just kinda look like a wfb kit and 40k kit slapped together cause why not.

Those eyes suck but that's a neat scheme

You need to slather that shit on thick. Also prime the base first and seal with varnish. Vallejo flakes easy without good primer. Even their dropper primer flakes.

Thanks, I've been fucking stumped why people suggest this stuff cause I can never get it to work right.

Rate my mortar.

mortar/10

2nd edition/7

Every time I see a mortar baseplate I get traumatic flashbacks from lugging that heavy piece of shit around for years without ever getting to see combat with it

Did ya ever get to fire it? I've always wanted to fire something big and stupidly destructive like a mortar or Howitzer.

I've been working on this guy intermittently for the last couple weeks, and I'm running into a few spots where I'm not sure how to complete them.

The bright silver block to the right is meant to be the motor for it right?

Outside of making it silver or turning it into a grey block I'm not sure what my options could be.

Finishing up coteaz, need to do the hourglass, fix the psyber eagle heads, touch ups, and fuck around with his face a bit

Mopar orange.
>inb4 it clashes with my scheme
Doesn't matter.

Best I can say is I'll try it out