>Pastebin with resources and so on:
pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

>5etools:
5egmegaanon.github.io/5etools/5etools.html

>Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/12544152
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I dunno what's going on in this morality argument anymore, I just want to say that I stopped after winning 100 or so posts ago and you're all faggots for still not understanding the very simple rules of objective morality settings.

strawpoll.me/12544152

Wizard poll lads, after an extremely close warlock poll.

> It's "OP is too intelligent to include a question in the opening post" episode
It's been a while since artificer was released. Now that the dust has settled, how do you feel about it? Have you actually tried it? Do you want to? What changes would you make to it, which subclasses does it lack?

I think it's just 3-4 of us with one guy arguing that there's always a third option and one guy trying to prove that there isn't, and two more yelling at the first guy.

Rate my setting, /5eg/
There are five Kingdoms, each with a Giant Magic Crystal of a distinct color that is used to keep the society running. Each Main Crystal can be broken into smaller chunks (Where the bigger half will regenerate into it's full size) for smaller cities, or small shards are broken off of the Main Crystal for nobility.

The Crystals let this continent work as an Adventure style world. Touching the crystals "expands your competence when the time is right" (Lets you level up when you got enough XP), so it's extremely important for Adventurers, but also the world around them. Societies are shaped around who has access to Crystals, as the higher level you are, the better you are. Entire towns can succeed or fail depending on whether they were deemed worthy enough to have a Crystal Chunk or not.

Everyone believes that the Crystals were the God's gift to their world, and that each Crystal represents one of the Five Goddesses (Basically homebrew Gods I put in that are just one tier above the standard DnD Gods).

But in reality, the God's Gift on the world is cloaking the entire continent in a layer of magic that makes it undetectable to the outside world.

The outside world is FIRMLY Magitek, whereas the Player Continent is firmly standard fantasy. The Crystals are remnants of the Engine of a Capital-Class Airship that crash-landed on the continent thousands of years ago, which created the large crater-like Lake in the center of the landmass. Over the years the debris corroded and dissipated, except for the Crystals, which were jettisoned from the Engine Shaft to prevent an explosive reaction when the Airship made contact with the ground.

The truth is, when you get all five Crystals into proximity with each other, they create a source of energy that can be used to create Anti-Gravity, and thus, Airships. It's being hinted at with a current boss who's ability is controlling Animated Weaponry via crystal chunks with slight antigrav.

I'm making a homebrew race of sentient undead for my setting and I'd like feedback on the balance of it. I got a bit of the inspiration from the revenant UA but I wasn't a huge fan of some of the features.

Undead Body: Because of your lifeless body, you do not require to eat, drink, or breathe. You do not need to sleep but you do need time to rest and recover. After eight hours of light activity, you can gain the benefit of a long rest. You are also immune to disease, poison, and the poisoned condition.

Necrotic Blood: Instead of blood, necrotic energy keeps your body moving. Healing magic does not affect you but you are immune to necrotic damage. In addition, you have advantage on saving throws against spells from the Necromancy school.

Already Dead: You cannot fail death saving throws unless the failure is the result of damage. You still roll for death saving throws as normal, but you ignore any rolls of 9 or lower.

Replacement Parts: Your body can regenerate and adopt other body parts as it's own, allowing you to fill wounds with flesh or replace a missing limb with one off of a dead body. As an action, you can heal hit points equal to 2d6 + your constitution modifier. This amount increased to 3d6 at 5th level, 4d6 at 11th level, and 5d6 at 17th level. You must be near a dead humanoid of medium size whose anatomy is roughly similar to yours. You regain use of this feature after a short or long rest.

Another Life: Your experiences in your previous life affect you in your new one, regardless of whether you consciously remember them or not. You gain proficiency in one skill or artisan tool of your choice.

Is this balanced? I'm not as worried about the first and second feature as much as I am of Already Dead and Replacement Parts. Replacement Parts is a fairly strong self-heal ability but the race already can't be healed by magical means, so they have to get something somewhere besides their hit dice.

Well, I guess three of you are gay, because there's always another option. I would argue the point further but I try to limit my alignment shitposting to two threads per day.

I'm sorry, user, but it's fucking garbage. Please compare it to dwarves and see what you did wrong.

What the goddamn fuck are you dribbling about?

I dig it.

Your game will end before any of this ever comes up

Right, off to work now.

Remember, kids: When the DM is trying to force your Good character to make Evil decisions, and keeps whining when you keep coming up with ways to avoid making Evil decisions, you're not a bad player. Your DM is just shitty.

Also remember: Schoolbuses traveling at about 45 mph hitting the brakes will come to a complete stop in about 5 seconds after skidding about 165 feet. Please keep this in mind when faced with a moral dilemma of blowing up either a tunnel or a school bus.

Though also keep in mind that *maybe* dying when hitting a pile of rubble or skidding and turning over, is still better than *certainly* dying when your bus is hit by an RPG.

Oh, just shut your face.

I don't understand your point. I'm not seeing any resemblance to the design of the dwarf besides +2 CON and the poison resistance/immunity. Dwarves are already on the stronger end of races and there are plenty of reasons why you'd pick a dwarf over a fleshwalker, so if your point is that fleshwalkers are just better dwarves then I have to disagree.

lol no u.

>When the DM is trying to force your Good character to make Evil decisions, and keeps whining when you keep coming up with ways to avoid making Evil decisions, you're not a bad player. Your DM is just shitty.
Thanks, friend. I always knew Jeff was a little shit.

Final Fantasy ripoff plus random capitalization equals shit/10

I am doing Storm King's Thunder, I should of said.

Also, I've had a bad experience with that adventure as my DM TPK'd us for going off book & then left because we weren't following it to the letter.

>Touching the crystals "expands your competence when the time is right" (Lets you level up when you got enough XP)

This I do not like. Too videogamey. Really the whole thing is videogamey but it mostly works except for the highlighted part

>Needs high Str, Dex, Con and Int
My immortal is going to be awesome

>Get +2 to a stat.
>TWO damage immunities, one condition immunity, an advantage against a spell school
>Just in case you've thought that DnD 5E Hugbox Edition is still too lethal, you can't die!
>You also get fighter's class feature. Except better.
>Oh, and a free skill.
If you thought that inability to be healed by Cure Wounds balances that, you're an utter moron. Please don't homebrew ever again.

Yeah, you're probably right, but hopefully I can end it right now with them getting to the Elven King, who's using subjugated Gnomes to build something that could harness the powers of crystal shards to create a small, say ship-sized floating battleship to help win a possible war with the other Kingdoms. If the party starts beating him, he'll go off about how the world they live in can't last, and they need to give up and unite against him so that they can stand against "The greater threat beyond the veil," build up some mystery for the next time I get them in a campaign in this world.

>should of
You motherfucker.

Why not use a finesse weapon

You didn't win anything, because the argument was never about a specific setting.

After reading the previous thread, I just had a revelation. An autist who screeched "THERE'S ALWAYS A THIRD OPTION" is the same autist who screeched "Grey Wardens are an evil death cult, and the game forces me to be evil, so I've uninstalled it".

Actually
>never
I think it probably become one at some point. Or several points.

But I'm pretty sure the original post was just 'Hey anyone have any grey morality shit?'

>picking up my SKT game tomorrow after two months of delays
>going to Silverymoon to serve as character witnesses in a trial for Zephyros
>will probably encounter some bitch wizardess working for Imryith
>Imryith actually contracted with a Far Realm entity to shapeshift King Hekaton's son into a human and delete all knowledge of him from everyone's minds, which is what broke the Ordning
>because she got cucked by giants in some ancient war
Sticking to the book is lame imo

I have just one last question because it's actually helping me to answer the whole "how to make a more diverse world"

>trying to make a gish and expecting it to have the full strength of both casters and martials with none of the weaknesses

WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING, YOU MOTHERFUCKERS?

hehe

I see what you did there.

I giggled.

I was just hoping for ideas to plan for players not trying to find the 100% lawful good route. Shit went south from there because morality is no longer subjective (even though it is) but objective.

From what I've read 5e never had a 100% concrete alignment where there is no gray.

Because claws and unarmed attacks aren't finesse

Making a new character, and I want something purely SAD, preferably one where I can spam feats to gain the attribute increases.

What should I go for? What is best at this kind of stuff?

In an objective morality setting, it depends on the degree of your characters' knowledge about the cosmic nature of Good and Evil and whether they value that balance and its more far-reaching consequences (as well as that of their soul) over the extremely fleeting and inconsequential (in the grand scheme of things) life or death of a few mortals.

Characters who are aware that doing the Evil thing to prevent some other Evil thing does not cause them to actually do Good and in fact harms Good by empowering Evil both literally and relatively (through the de-Gooding of themselves)
AND values the cosmic struggle of Good or Evil over other concerns, noting that the TRUE "Greater Good" is not doing shit that helps the forces of Evil take over the multiverse in 5,000 years or some shit
would let the bad thing happen, knowing that the Evil is on someone else's head and does much less to empower Evil (because the guy doing it is already super Evil) than if they'd done wrong themselves.

And now they have to try and explain planar forces and "trust me, it was really Good in the long run that I let everyone die" to a bunch of peasants who can't see past next week. Now there's some moral anguish for you.

i hope that's clear enough because i'm gonna move on to shitposting about mystic builds or something instead of alignment

How about someone who's trying to come back from having their family murdered?

Last of their bloodline, trying to rebuild from a broken home, ect, sounds pretty sad to me.

>tfw 2 smart to pick fighter

Play as a fire gensai stone sorcerer. You can effectively use con for both attack rolls and AC.

why use bestial claws instead of Animate Weapon, Lethal Strike (even though that's a bonus action), or Ethereal Weapon

Battlemaster

So how about playing a bard or stone sorcerrer?

come onnnnn conjurers!
inb4 why dont u just conjure more voters

What the goddamn fuck are you dribbling about?

bad

5e's PHB states that alignment is a combination of personality and morality, but it also pretty much says that it's only a general insight and not absolute.

Nothing about objective morality, so you can assume fairly safely it would be subjective. Just because delusional people don't follow alignment properly doesn't mean you can't adjust for unusual cases.

>Making a new character, and I want something purely SAD
Good for you, user, goblins are in Volo's Guide to Monsters.

GET KEKED ENCHANTERS

Assuming UAs can be multiclassed together, what are the best combos?

The only truly SAD classes right now are Warlock and Druid.

Otherwise i advise to multiclass Hexblade/Stone sorcerrer if your DM allows it. Then you only need Cha and Con.

Because Animate Weapon is from Wujen and I don't want to pick disciplines from other orders if possible. Also I can totally use Lethal Strike and Ethereal Weapon with claws and unarmed strikes.

I'm going to be Guyver or a Kamen Rider!

Also, why shouldn't I use Bestial Claw? it's a discipline from my order, are you implying I shouldn't? why?

What if my universe is set in a subjective good setting?

Already have a lawful good paladin in training in mind to be a potential enemy of the group if they act how they have so far. Then again they could surprise me.

I feel like the mechanical servant is a bit out of place and should have been part of the gunsmith subclass or it's own pet focused subclass.

I would prefer the former though, and give the alchemist some sort of alchemy transformation potion that allows them to perhaps mimic wild shape following the same rules of CR and size.

Anything but a martial considering they all have compulsory feats. Fighters for example will spend their time not using ASIs but getting PAM/GWM/Sentinel/Etc.

Go something like warlock, sorcerer, paladin-sorcerer, wizard, cleric or druid.

Moon druid is probably one of the most SADest things about.

Twilight druid/loremaster wizard

Hexblade/Stone sorcerrer
The best GISH combo so far.

Any monk and Scout (moving 30 or more feet as a reaction while also getting to be a skill monkey).

Arcana Cleric 1/Twilight Druid

Frontliner need con as well as strenght/dexterity

No UA, stone sorcerer is UA isn't it?

And I am not being allowed to use Genasi, my GM prefers the standard races.

>get +2 to a stat
which is less than +2/+1, which is the average baseline for most races
>two damage immunities, one condition immunity, an advantage against a spell school
immune to a rare damage type, a more common but easy to resist damage type (how many races and class features allow you to get resistance to poison?) and advantage vs a single school of magic that not many enemies actually use. sure it's on the powerful end but it's not busted by any means.
>you can't die!
well revenants can't but they're busted. you can still die if, y'know, you actually take damage or get brutally instagibbed. it's really just auto-stabalization after so many rounds.
>you get fighter's class feature. except better
it's better at earlier levels but it scales off, not to mention second wind is a BONUS ACTION compared to an ACTION. fighters still get to heal and attack while fleshwalkers have to make a choice.
>oh, and a free skill
skills are given out like candy in 5e and it makes thematic sense. if a bonus skill really ticks you off in terms of balance why don't you just ban the skilled feat, rogues, and backgrounds?
>If you thought that inability to be healed by Cure Wounds balances that, you're an utter moron.
it's cure wounds, healing word, prayer of healing, mass healing word, heal, mass heal, power word heal, and lay on hands. if your party doesn't have a cleric, druid, paladin, or bard, i guess it really isn't a penalty, but those are all commonly played and very viable and powerful classes.
>Please don't homebrew ever again.
please don't post ever again. your criticism has been absolutely useless and shit. thanks for the insight.

Then you can do whatever you want. You can also do whatever you want in an objective morality setting if you don't know any better or care more about local outcomes.

The people most apt to both know and care about the cosmic consequences of things were Clerics, other characters with connections to Outer Planes, and OG Paladins (not 5E's Oathfuckers).

Just because murdering this bad guy is objectively Evil doesn't mean your character has to see it that way or care. He's wrong, but that's not going to be a problem for him until angels or demons start stomping around or his ass is dead and trying to get into a cool heaven.

Dunno if best but I had a blast with Devotion Pal/ Undying Light War/ Draconic Sor

Play a Wood Elf Druid then and max your Wis.
You might want to also dip a level into monk for superior AC.

Where my Transmuter brother at?
>useful at any level
>group utility
>not cheesey
>REVIVE THE DEAD

thanks for the reply i guess

>some bullshit happens that throws someone out of the material plane
>they get torn apart in Limbo
>a Githzerai barely saved him, using Psionics to rebuild his body from wood, metal, and energy
>honed his new body by training with the Gith until he had a basic understanding of his Psionic abilities
>returned to the material plane to use his abilities and further train them

Would this idea work for a Warforged Mystic?

>Frontliner need con as well as strenght/dexterity
Armor and Shield, you don't need Dex at all.
As for Con, a 10 would be enough, surely you can have even more (point buy or elite array), and being a fighter you can even spare a feat for +2 HPs per level

Objective morality is for faggots who should play a game that isn't directed by a person but instead a machine.

> Hey, guys, how do you feel about my homebrew?
> *in unison* It's trash.
> FUCK OFF, MY HOMEBREW IS GREAT, STOP BULLYING ME
Really took my noggin' joggin'

the point was for constructive criticism, all i got was shitposting.

Pretty interesting to know, gives me even more ideas for NPCs

It works, but it sounds pretty snowflakey. As long as it's not too snowflakey for the campaign.

People get what they deserve.

2/10 I suggest dropping the course

Then maybe you should try your luck on reddit, you faggot.

It's too strong, but I don't think I can go into any sort of detail without you sperging out at me about your super speshul snowflake undead race like you did to the other guy

Oh you poor sheltered child, they gave you constructive criticism. One did especially in fact, you even replied to him. The consensus was it sucked.
Stop being a fucking crybaby and actually take the criticism on board.

That's what I'm worried about. I don't want to make it seem like I'm trying to make my character some sort of anime protagonist. I figured it would help that he was trying to stay out of the way and would mostly fight defensively, but I'm still working on it.

>god and/or the universe are "persons" like any other fallible mortal

You're not sheltered, I was wrong in calling you that, but you are fucking delusional and you're throwing tantrums at the feedback you're getting.

Because the core of it is just OP garbage and when people point it out your defense is "b-but it could be more OP." Immunity to any damage is extremely fucking OP, especially depending on what the campaign is about. If the campaign is about some evil lich (which would make thematic sense for your race to be a part of) you are nearly immune to the actions of the BBEG. Combine that with the barbarian class and making con your highest ability and you can literally take a nap next to the BBEG and let him attack you for 30 rounds before you have a reason to be worried.

To make matters worse the fact that you can't die through failed death saving throws but can still stabilize that way makes you even fucking harder to kill. Combine that with xd6+5 (because why wouldn't you max out constitution) every short rest and chugging some healing potions and you become even harder to kill.

It doesn't help that you chose objectively the best ability score to go +2 on seeing how literally every class benefits from a high constitution.

Can we all just agree Undead are objectively terrible races and, due to their entire core reason for existence, cannot be balanced as a playable race?

They're either brittle and unfixable or cannot die.

Don't bring the universe into it, god I can understand but the universe in and of itself is indifferent. It's the people and things that populate the universe that give meaning to words like Justice.

Make something like a half-undead.

They died, but were brought back by some means that magically reanimates lost or disfunctional parts of their body.

They're merely resistant to necrotic/poison, have a bit of extra con, they get healing but they always treat rolls as the lowest possible? (cancels out with the 'always roll highest' buffs)
Still need to eat, sleep, etc. But eh.

Then some racial ability that's interesting.

>Needing some jerk you'll never see to determine your alignment in an edition where alignment does jack shit already anyway

>points out advantages of a race
you could do this for literally any race and make it seem op. no wonder why 5e has so much shit design in it, wotc actually listen to people on Veeky Forums

How do you feel about it? Will it help drawing in new players?

some actual decent ideas, thank you.

half undead sounds pretty alright. it might be more balance a bit more flavorful that way. there's also not a whole lot tying the race to their "previous life" so maybe half undead is the way to go about it. it would give me more versatility in terms of design.

It'll likely be subscription based. Meganon does what he does for free. Draw your own conclusions.

The only people who have a problem with D&D's morality are degenerates or communists.

In a setting like FR, Good and Evil are elemental forces, as are Fire and Water. They're part of the universe. They were around before any of the Gods were, perhaps barring Ao.

Something Good in FR isn't Good because Good Gods like it, Good Gods like it because it's Good and they are aligning themselves with an objective truth.

Yeah-yeah, you're good, we're bad, fuck off to reddit and don't come back. They'll love you there.

It doesn't matter, new players are coming out of the fucking woodwork these days. Podcasting, Twitch streams and, to a very minor extent, Veeky Forums storycaps have been pulling people into this hobby head over feet for the last two years, combined with 5e's simplicity.

The real question is, will it WORK? And what will it mean for WotC when this causes another Murder-Suicide? Can they be held responsible for it if they know it will happen?

It is OP because it renders certain threats entirely non-threatening. Imagine it in the aforementioned necromancy campaign. I cannot throw anything with necrotic damage at the party without risking the skinwalker just stepping in front of it and making its offensive abilities literally worthless. If your idea renders any type of campaign entirely worthless it is a bad idea.

There is a difference between resistance and immunity, the former is just an annoyance, the latter is an insurmountable issue if you focus on that damage type. Literally the first thing you should do is remove immunity to necrotic damage, maybe resistance to it could work but flat immunity is bullshit.

>he thinks Reddit doesn't cream their pants over SHADES OF GREY subjective moralities
This stance would be even more unpopular there. You're in the company of Redditors, friendo. You've become the demon.

>fuck off to reddit
do you tell that to your mom whenever she comes into your room to ask you when you're finally gonna get a job?

Wargames also have fan-made list builders but people are still paying for official ones. Some people just like to have a logo and feel that they are supporting the company

If by D&D's morality you mean 5e's, then yes, I agree.

Cool I'm not talking about FR therefore that is a correct statement only in the specific circumstance of where you wish to argue from because it makes the argument about objective. I'm not interested in black and white it's boring to me.

You did not see what I'm replying to.

And are you so averse to criticism because no matter what you did, it was never enough for your parents?

>two colors is more interesting than one color where nothing matters

So, since a few of my players used to be hardcore 3.PF weaboos, they keep asking about doing shit in combat like feinting and tripping and whatnot. I know BM fighters have it of course, but not everyone wants to be a fighter.

So, I've worked out a short list of shit you can do in combat and how it works mechanically. R8 h8 masturb8.

Feint
>Costs all of you movement or an attack if you have multiple
>DEX check opposed by target's WIS check
>I use DEX over CHA becasue I feel that it should rely more on speed and finesse rather than your fucking personal confidence
>If you win you have advantage on the next attack you make until the end of your next turn.
>If you lose, the target can use their reaction to make an AoO
>If you attempt to feint the same target repeatedly within 24 hours, target has advantage on his WIS checks

Trip
>Costs an attack
>Make an attack, if you hit the target takes no damage and makes a STR saving throw equal to 8+Prof+STR or DEX depending on what you attacked him with
>If he fails the throw, he falls prone. If he succeeds, nothing happens.

Disarm
>Same as trip, only if they fail you fling their weapon 5 feet to the left or right.

Power Attack
>You have disadvantage on the attack roll, but if it hits you add double your STR or DEX bonus to the damage.

Cleave
>You have disadvantage on the attack roll, but if you hit you may make another one with disadvantage against a different creature within 5 feet of both you AND the target. All of this counts as one attack, so you can make multiple cleaves a turn if you have multiple attacks.

Tumble
>Can only tumble a total of 5 feet, but costs 10 feet of movement
>Make an Acrobatics check contested by target's attack roll, if his attack roll beats your check then he can make an attack with advantage.