Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Celestial Creatures Edition

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/hAfKSnWW

Avowed Playtest 1: drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Avowed Playtest 2: docs.google.com/document/d/1rV7kaF9JL2gw9xQalkEnlEDL9WXtbsaCqNABm_pLIgc/edit?usp=sharing

Spheres of Might previews:
Part 1: docs.google.com/document/d/1aLaYQEFAWU4zQBx58boJPPaySLgJc0Emmw9eKyIJeGI/
Part 2: docs.google.com/document/d/1pyLq03W2ju58PcKOUq5YXoFowf_weBNzuWtjCMdINXk/edit
Part 3: docs.google.com/document/d/1-LAt9Ti5pcnvHY4KnFRuItCjqtGM-YJC5r_0zXiKKUk/edit
PS: Outdated, playtest should be out next week but that's not a promise.

Bloodforge Infusions updated playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1GvwMclLSw15slYI7D5xLdjMzr-Nau92hNha9Sx0LOk4/edit#

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/9jt1ZJzH
d20pfsrd.com/basics-ability-scores/ability-scores/#Ability_Score_Damage
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Frankly, I don't get why people say they have a hard time with skill points as a human fighter.

Like, I get it, 2 + int + 1 bonus is low, but assuming 25 PB and you're gonna wear heavy armor, then a pre-racial spread of 15/12/14/14/14/10 is pretty possible, and that gives you 5 skill points per level before favored class bonus if you're into that. Put that +2 in strength and that's a respectably array desu.

If background skills are in play, that's 7 skill points! It's still low, but honestly? There's not much you're gonna get out of those skill points regardless.

Deleted old thread:

What options do I have for a low-strength, high dex pre-made fighter?

First for thank you janitor

Why not just move the STR to 16 and the Int to 12?

>If background skills are in play, that's 7 skill points! It's still low, but honestly?
It feels really low, yeah. Anything below 10 feels super low.

Pre-made? Not a whole lot, considering it was pre-made.

Because he wanted skill points, baka!

The problem is that ducking Barbarians get more skill points while also being better at the fighter's job than the fighter without sacrificing his scores

>anything below 10 feels super low

I see you are a fellow fan of Investigator

I'm probably gonna be dex based and just go:
8/18/14/14/14/12

But odd stats anger me.

Not my choice. But I wonder how can I level her up to make her decent.

Why was old thread delet?

Because over your career, you only get at most up to 5 bumps to an ability, and the bump to int ain't so bad. There's no point in not having an odd stat.

There's also Versatile Training which nets them effectively two more skill ranks/level, although that's a bit more costly. Cunning isn't bad either, considering how many feats Fighters get so dropping one to get more skill ranks isn't bad.

Not even trying to be on topic shit posting.

you can't abandon ship

Hi anons, I know this is going to sound a bit silly but I'm really liking a specific character sheet that's in the preview section on pcgen, but when I go to output my sheet into pdf, I can't find the same sheet for the life of me. Has anyone else had trouble finding the yellow and red colored Fantasy_Character_Sheet.html ?

What level and what are the current stats? Also, what's available for use?

Odd stats, though, don't cause a penalty if you only take 1 damage. And you can boost them with just a single stat increase.

Irrational anger!

Ability damage, by definition, doesn't do anything unless you take 2 points of it, even if it lwoers you to an odd number.

Is there literally any way to make combat expertise practical to use in combat?

>Thursday
SoM playtest 4 W H E N?

Someone got triggered, which invited /pol/ and the two of them made a bigger deal out of the OP than it should've been

Puella review anonif you're here whenever you get the chance can you go over Sonja. I completely reworked her story.

My current character gets 13 skill points per level and I'm still struggling to keep up with all the stuff I want to do skillwise.

What's best user?

16 strength and 14 int at level 4, or 17 strength and 12 int at level 4?

To me the choice is pretty obvious.

Crane style if you stay 1pp

I'm going to give Pathfinder Society a try to get to know one of my worst enemies, and I'm planning on coming with a character who's just right to trigger the spergs but still be playable.
Completely unoptimized, heavy on the backstory, extremely light on the Mary Sue/dead family members front and a halfling who's neither comic relief nor an edgy CE assassin "deconstruction".
It's still unfinished, and I'd like to hear anything you have to hear about the character. Anything, really - if you get mad, that also tells me a lot. If it's literally bad to the point where I won't be able to do shit, even if I roleplay at my best for the whole session, I'd like to know that too.
I'm not ashamed to say I don't know the rules or the setting very well yet, so all corrections are welcome.
The profile is fucking long because I write all the stuff I think of down just to have a reference when I play. Also, I have a history with the oWoD.
pastebin.com/9jt1ZJzH

1st lvl. Very high dex, but almost no Str. The GM has only Core, but I have easy access to whatever I want so long I can convince the GM.

>Doesn't do anything unless you take 2 points of it
>14 (+2) - 1 = 13 (+1)
>15 (+2) - 1 = 14 (still +2)

It's not looking good this Friday; we're finally getting people to converge on things, but with everything I have to do, it's looking rough.

Some things to look forward to are drawbacks, and if I can get them finished in time for the playtest, basic archetypes to allow other classes to sphere might.

>Hisses in Spanish

Working on an incanter in a Spheres of power game.

What are some good options to go battlefield control in spheres? I'm planning to specialize in telekinesis for the most part but branch out as needed.

d20pfsrd.com/basics-ability-scores/ability-scores/#Ability_Score_Damage

"For every 2 points of damage you take to a single ability, apply a –1 penalty to skills and statistics listed with the relevant ability."

Learn to read user.

Nanite Sphere, Jolly?

No, ability score damage doesn't actually do anything until it gives you -2 because Ability Score damage is weird like that.

believe the best BFC spheres are Nature and Weather, but don't count me on that.

Not yet, if you want content like that from me, check out magitech archetypes with the machine element, which does involve nanites and such.

I like it, but if you're trying to trigger some spergs than I don't know how well this will do it.

War has good options, especially in latest Handbook.
Nature also has a good amount of control options, as do either Light or Dark

Since this is a non-deleted thread, can Review user or Review user 2 please take a look at the Hell's Rebels applications now?

What kind of relationship with family do your characters have, /pfg/? Do they appear anytime during the adventure?

Wow, that's kind of fucking stupid, who would ev-
>Paizo
...oh, yeah.

play a gunslinger

which book is that???

Yeah, I got that. I want to look forward to something

Background skills with a human inquisitor. 12 int.

I sort of want to play an adventurer who is a mom and the husband stays home to take care of the kids.

I just need to find a GM who won't wreck the family at the first opportunity, you know?

Magitech Archetypes

Who was Elsbeth's mom, anyway?

If you can use Path of War, start taking Warlord levels and take the Deadly Agility feat for dex to damage.

Isn't Pathfinder a girl's game?

eh...what job would that be? Just want to be sure we are talking about the same thing before I start a fight.

is there a way to play a quadruped as a pc that isnt wild shape or synthesist?

ye :3

Stop trying to cover every single damn base? You don't need to be face, rogue, knowledge, and whatever the fuck else is eating up your 13 skill points.

I mean. Why have them if you're not going to do your best to protect them! That's part of the fun~

Lysander
>Born a nobody, joins the army.
>Commander finds a Tome, and goes crazy
>Rebellion happens, he's dragged into it
>Finds golden armor locked away
>Puts it on, accepting a pact with the Fey Queen
>Kills all the monsters, but loses most of the soldiers.
>Now he's happy because... he can take revenge?

A kid caught up in events far beyond his control, who makes a deal with the devil to get out alive.

Good:
Strong connections to the lore on multiple fronts, makes this an easy character to pull into various subplots.

The lore bit at the ended is neat and adds a lot of flavor to the armor. Reverse image search comes up with nothing, so... kudos.

The first usage of "tormented Ex-Something, but still inexplicably 20" that's actually believable. Kudos.

Bad:
>"And he learned how to smile again, even as revenge lay burning in his heart."
Huh? When was his degrading mental state established? You *could* infer that he's sad due to the mutiny and generally shitty situation, but if it's one of the lines you end the app on, you need to actually establish it.

Other than the guilt and brashness (and *maybe* the importance of family), nothing from his personality is reflected in the backstory. Hell, the line I brought up in my previous point actually implies he's *not* cheerful, he just likes the idea of taking revenge.

Kinda hard to slot into a party, considering all he does is damage and face skills.

How is the Fey-Pact affecting him? He's had time to go meet with his family and travel south, that's more than enough time to formulate some thoughts on it.

Can people here try to be less degenerate and disgusting? Please?

Does anyone have Kineticists of Porphyra IV? I couldn't find it in either of the Troves.

Where's the hook? The concept is kinda generic; it could really use something to make it stand out. All the best apps coming out of /pfg/ have had some kind of X-Factor that makes them memorable; this one doesn't.

Overall:
>Appeal 4/10, The character isn't bad, but nothing makes me *want* this character in my party.
>Backstory 7/10, Competently put together, good potential plots for the GM, and neat lore bits.
>Compatibility 6/10, good god, why does so much of /pfg/ want to make pure DPS characters with no utility? This one at least has a grab and a single debuff, along with some face skills, which pushes him above most. Personality has no obvious conflicts that I can see.
>Sexual Potential 6/10, Slender animu fuccboi that no one cared about until he put on the mask. This is definitely someone's fetish.

Also, unrelated to the app, but the bit in the opening where it says a random guy "created a unified theory of physics" really sticks in my craw. I'd like to know how he did that without electricity, accurate time keeping, etc., ya know, the things that are kinda required to understand the building blocks behind a unified theory.

You'd have to get the GM to okay a race, that's basically the only thing I can think of.
Permanency some polymorph spell?

Check the request thread, user. I will put it up for you.

My half-elf alchemist's got his mother, an Elven Professor at an alchemist college, who stores some of his stuff for him. She was the one who kicked his ass out of the house and told him to sign up for adventuring. She may or may not be exceedingly eccentric, because part of the reason for that was because she hoped he'd find a girlfriend while out adventuring.

>he is the only male PC in a party of 4, and 2 of the girls are cha-based
>when they went to get something at his place, his mother assumed that SURELY he must be banging one of them on the side
God damnit, mom

Thanks babe.

There's a 4th book in the series? Nice.

>why does so much of /pfg/ want to make pure DPS characters with no utility?

I'm afraid of ruining campaigns by being the utility bitch. It happened once.

I've played plenty of PFS, and I guarantee you no one is going to give a shit about your character.

The only way to "trigger" people is to actively attempt to sabotage to the mission, fuck over other PCs, or generally act like a cretin ooc.

Ya know, the stuff that would piss off any normal tabletop group.

See, that's where you've proven yourself not a sperg.
I tried to fill it with little elements that I've only seen autists get mad about, such as defying racial stereotypes, having long backstories, writing characters with complex personalities, being unoptimized, writing the stats around the character and things like that.
If no one gets mad over those things, the Pathfinder Society has officially redeemed itself in my eyes. I've never seen anything good come out of that - as expected from a community that attracts people who don't have RL groups and can't play at game stores anymore, all I've seen has been edge, elven waifus, Male Human Fighters, fursonas with metaplot-spanning backstories at level 1 and of course people who loathe everything that makes them have to think about their character or make them something else than themselves.

Play a kitsune, spend most of your time in fox form.

Add the yokai kitsune racial trait for extra fox, because then it's your "real" form and what anti-shapechanging spells return you to.

You're failing to take into account that many campaigns will end before level 20, and even the ones that don't will only spend 1/20th of the campaign at level 20.

I don't understand how that's relevant to my post.

I want to believe you.
I've seen Pathfinder groups in my area, though, and I cannot believe you no matter how right you might be.

Are you the one doing puella reviews too?

1) Convince them to use Weapon Master's Handbook to allow Advanced Weapon Training
1.5) Also Armor Master's Handbook for Advanced Armor Training, plus some of the other splats with options (Magic Tactics Toolbox, Blood of the Beast). Also see if they'll allow Combat Stamina from Pathfinder Unchained.

2) Considering your Dex, probably go for TWF-based feats and weapon finesse. Grab Trained Grace (AWT), Effortless Dual-Wielding (AWT, from Blood of the Beast), and maybe look at the two-weapon weapon tricks from Weapon Master's Handbook.

Also, grab Agile Maneuvers if you want to go into combat maneuvers. Not a great option, but it's an available one.

They show up when we stop back in Absalom, which is pretty often. (It's a neutral port that doesn't give a shit about Chelish piracy bounties.) She always stops by to give them some cash that they don't really need, a book that they appreciate, stay for a meal where they avoid talking about her job, and then get drunk and debate politics and literature until they pass out.

I'm not failing anything here. Even at lower level, I feel like there's more of a benefit to it.

As I've said, I'd often rather have 16-18 str/14 int at level 4 than 17-19 str/12 int.

PFS groups are, surprise, as diversified as real groups. They just limit themselves rather than enjoy 3pp or full rules.

He's doing it as a favor to the guy who's doing Puella reviews.

We did, that general got deleted

I am not.

I'm doing this because I promised to do a review for Puellanalysis user, as a thanks for their contribution.

Elsbeth's mother is an Oracle (Friendless) who was a noble of sorts who fled to Lhazaar during the tail end of the Last War, but a round of chance decided that she'd have a kid after a night of heavy drinking. With her Oracle's curse pitting an emotional gulf between her and her own flesh and blood, Æoriel simply decided to quietly return to Aerenal once Elsbeth went off to mage's college.

Presumably she's spending her time in the lap of luxury of her former life style and not being able to fully enjoy it due to being more alone after leaving her child behind. Æoriel often refers to herself in the third person when in direct conversation, utilizing performance in an effort to circumvent her curse as much as she can, often making her come off as simply pretentious as opposed to hated. However, that's had varying results.

That's why I tried to create a character that I like.
If I play the character and don't face any spaghetti hurricanes either IC or OOC, you're right, but all my experience with Pathfinder and especially larger-scale games with a once- or even twice-removed organizer tells me both are a magnet for unspeakable sperglords.

It wasn't that bad yet

Maybe he's one of those virgin faggots who's "totally not gay" (at least until his midlife crisis, just you wait) but is totally triggered by "Breeders" because sex with girls is so icky~I mean immoral and unethical and anti-world!

Hey did you finish reviewing hells rebels?

I dunno where all of /pfg/ plays to get these horror stories about PFS.

I've played and run games for people from all corners of the globe, and in that time, I've encountered *maybe* four people that were actually toxic. Two of them have since been permanently banned from PFS for generally being pricks, one is blacklisted by every Con/Game day within 100 miles, and the last one is legitimately autistic, but is trying their best to get better.

I've had far, far worse times with online homegroups than I have with PFS.

I never started.

Any news on the monster hunter handbook? Can use dragon teeth, random shell bits, and a shiny rock to make curved swords?

Hey Buildposter, if you're still around. Think you can link to your DPR calculator? Seems like it was much more dynamic than mine.

If not, think you can run the numbers on a build for me?

>Gain a +1 morale bonus on saves when fighting defensively or using the Combat Expertise action. This increases by +1 at 6th level and every 6 levels beyond that, to a maximum of +4 at 18th level.
Think this is too much, as a replacement for Combat Expertise?

Hey, Katapesh GM, are Mondays/Tuesdays the absolute only days available for the actual sessions? Or does "subject to change" leave hope for a weekend slot?

Are you giving Combat Expertise as a free feat? If so, what are the prereqs?

Weekends aren't looking good, but Wednesday or Thursday have a chance of being a thing.

I still wouldn't want to fight defensively for that. -4 to hit is pretty harsh.

I would love you forever if you did start!

Game is using the Feat Tax rules, it's being suggested as a substitute for Lore Warden's Combat Expertise bonus feat, since everyone just gets Combat Expertise and Power Attack for free anyhow.

Yeah, that'd be fine. As a Lore Warden you're not really looking to Combat Expertise very frequently, and that bonus scales slowly enough not to be broken.