>mtggoldfish.com/metagame/modern
>DATABASES:
>magiccards.info
>gatherer.wizards.com

Other urls found in this thread:

mtg.gamepedia.com/Protection
magic.wizards.com/en/game-info/gameplay/formats/pauper
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Thoughts on unbanning Dig Through Time? I think it'd be a good way to give blue decks some power without fueling degenerate shit

nah man. DTT is restricted in vintage for a reason. The card is busted as all hell. Blue does need some help, I'd like to see more control in the, meta but DTT is too powerful.

Puts Scapeshift back to tier 1

Honestly it's fine in my opinion. I'd rather use my yard for snap, goyf or delving real threats. Seems decent in control but I don't think I'd concede to a dig or be all too butt flustered

>Chinaman edition

Already off to a great start.

>Playing?
Bant Spirits
>Hating?
The usual suspect- Tron.
>Favorite shitbrew to stomp?
Snow Red, anything with Blood Moon really

>Snow Red
It's called Skred you sjw cuck

>implying greedy spirits doesn't get blown out by a moon

what's the best way to play BUG in modern? I want to try BUG Chord-Evo but the 4 drops in BUG seem so lackluster compared to Rhino

Rhino is lacklustre. Play kalitas

Price of Progress gets printed in a Modern legal set. How does this effect the meta?

Everyone plays burn or mono coloured decks. The format dies because of it

Just started to get into magic playing maybe 4-5 matches total with some friends.
>babbies first
>fucking casual
>lrn2play
>etc
Any kind user want to clarify or explain how this should have worked in one of games?
>playing enchantment prison
>against affinity
>slow game down enought where I'm not just dead
>7 to attack me cause of ghostly prison, sphere of safety etc
>thinking I'm pretty close to locking my friend down
>plays etched champion with protection active
>at first both not sure if he still needed to pay to attack
>after some Google see something about etched not being effected by stony silence
>still unsure but friend has played for years and says because it has protection from all colors doesn't need to pay, okay..
>proceed to lose
Thinking about it now stony silence shouldn't have affect the champion anyways since it's a static ability, but how does the static ability of my enchantments work in this case? They aren't directly targeting or enchanting the champion..
Should I just view my enchantments as an extra set of rules until the get removed? Sorry for wall of text

he still has to pay your friend is a little bitch

Dtt can be unbanned if they band SSG. Pushed Ad Nauseam too far over the top

I remember when I first got into modern and played affinity my friend who played the game longer would pull the same bullshit so he could win.

>Would block etched champion with Boros Reckoner.

Your friend is a fucking faggot and cheated you out of a win. Protection does not guard against global and/or non-targeted effects. Ghostly Prison doesn't even directly interact with creatures anyways, so he was really abusing your lack of game knowledge there.

Read this and don't let it happen again: mtg.gamepedia.com/Protection

Stony Silence doesn't effect it because it doesn't have any activated abilities to stop. Based on what you said, your friend knew 100% that he was cheating, and you should probably both call him out on it, and stop playing with him if possible.

The basic summary of Protection is "This can't be blocked, targeted, dealt damage, or enchanted by anything." Ghostly Prison reads "Creatures can't attack you unless their controller pays 2 for each creature he or she controls that's attacking you."

Notice that it doesn't actually meet any of the conditions for Protection to take effect. It isn't targeting the creature, it isn't dealing damage to it, and the enchantment isn't enchanting it. It's obviously also not blocking the creature.

The short of it is, as other anons have pointed out, your friend is a cunt and a cheater, and you should absolutely not take his word on ANYTHING ambiguous about the rules, ever again.

Any effect that does not directly target a creature with protection like Wrath Of God as an example completly ignored the protection since it protects from direct interaction with the creature aka stuff that says target.

Stuff like target player has to sacrafice X also ignore protection on creature since the effect does not directly affect the creature.

TL;DR your friend is a cunt and got a free win due to your lack of knowledge.

blue is already too op in legacy, specially u/b with tasigur

Wew! Chinaman!

In modern I play obliterator rock.
In legacy I play manaless dredge and high tide.

Wow. How can you be so wrong?

People come into this thread and say shit that's not true all the time, how is this a surprise?

You're fucking autistic

No u

I'm not sure I understand Delver decks. It looks like Burn with a side of Blue, namely blue creatures, plus a third color tossed in. So RUx Burn essentially.

Is the appeal that it brings a way to deal with big creatures, which Burn (e.g. Naya) generally does not have access to? Which would make the deck slower but able to win longer games?

There's got to be more to the appeal of Delver than that. The changes seem so surface level. Delver over Goblin Guide, Snappy instead of Bolts 5-8, etc.
What am I missing here?

>Ad Nauseum would only be fair of you ban the mana requured to cast the win condition

Delver generally has some kind of tempo like remand or other ways to gain advantage while applying pressure. Delver is obviously an aggro deck but it's much more flexible than Burn and doesn't roll over and die to sideboard hate as hard.

Play a deck that isn't degenerate or live with the possibility that it gets banned, it's your call

>What is Lotus Bloom
>What is Pentad Prism
>What is Gemstone Mine
>What is City of Brass

Potential ban candidates.

Which of those generates mana when your tapped out and your life total is negative?

I'm really not sure how to respond to such a stupid post, so just have a reaction image instead.

Veeky Forums in a nutshell

Odd.

In modern I play tron and burn. In legacy I play Manaless dredge and MUD stax. What does that say about you?

Why would you cast add nauseam with no way to cast lightning storm?

How the fuck is Ad Nauseum a problem deck? Just remand that shit

T. Tron player

remember kids;

No changes to any format

Thats what the SSGs are for

Fuck SSG, card deserves to be banned

Stop replying to the bait

>Build Bant Eldrazi as my first modern deck about a year ago
>No matter how much I improve, my FNM record is consistently 2-2 every week
>Switch to Tron a few months later out of frustration
>Either go 4-0 or 0-4 every time
I don't know which is worse.

Tron ban now!

Personally, I'd be fine with an SSG ban because it would make the card much more affordable.

>i'm too poor to afford a cheap card so it should be banned
kys

I bet you bitch about blood moon, too. Faggot

that was mean, user. I apologize

Hey man, it spiked to 11.50 a few days ago. That's more than some planeswalkers.

Seriously. Who doesn't have 20 bucks to spend on a hobby

How many of those see competitive play?

The 4-drop Sorins are pretty good in BW tokens, if that counts as "competitive."

Pact of negation, moron

Is there anyone here who constantly practices on xmage?

>more than some planeswalkers
Wow a completely useless metric to evaluate a cards price and worth. Pro tip: SSG actually sees play in a decent amount of decks as opposed to most of the garbage walkers that get printed.

>11.50
That was just an attempted price spike since he isn't being reprinted and those always backfire on the jew since you can't artificially create demand. We've seen this happen with stuff like the moat and LED buyouts. He's 8 bucks now and that's perfectly reasonable for a card that's key in a few strategies and was printed in planar chaos.

If you seriously can't afford a playset of mana monkey you should probably consider a new format to play desu. I hear pauper is pretty cheap.

>Playing
Naya burn
>Hating
That there's no burn spell with delve
>Favorite shitbrew to stomp
Does grixis control count? Because that's EZPZ
Any tooth and nail players here? I want to build it but it seems like all the ramp dudes die to all the removal and eternal witness can only put in so much work getting them back. Help?

>I hear pauper is pretty cheap.
But that's what I want SSG for. It would give me more mana to dump Burn with, same as Infernal Plunge.
Otherwise, what kind of logic would it be, to ask for a card ban in order to see a price drop? Price doesn't matter if you can't play it, but Pauper is immune to bans.

It suffers from a lot of the same problems all ramp decks face in that it is full of air but if your meta isn't full of discard I'd say go for it

I just bought the Nissa vs. Ob Nixilis Duel Decks to play with someone who just started to play MtG. My Ob Nixilis Deck seems way stronger, how do I buff up the Nissa Deck a bit with a couple cheap cards.

I do but I'd rather not play with tg autists

>but Pauper is immune to bans.
Except when cards get banned??? Idiot

>ssg in burn
Top retard, wasted quads

>pauper is immune to bans
>cloud of faeries
>cranial plating
>drake
>invigorate
etc

Nothing in Pauper gets banned, except what deserves it. Excuse me.

The same cannot be said for Modern.

Hey buddy you got the wrong thread, Kitchen table thread is two blocks down.

would you guys be interested in a discord server for mtg?

No. Never.

>T1, mountain and SSG, suspend two Rift Bolts

Hold on. This might be some super spicy tech we're talking about.

Nothing deserved the ban except drake desu. The format would be fine with plating and invigorate

No.
Now, Mumble, that would be fine. Open-source, good text-to-speech, but the emphasis is still on voice communications. Voice comms are the best and only way to keep it from becoming an awful circlejerk, because it allows the trannies, foreigners, children, and aspies to be identified and mocked as soon as they open their mouths.

First of all he's talking about pauper burn, second of all hurting burn's redundancy is retarded not some "super secret spicy tech"

T1 ssg, ssg, manamorphose filter double blue (draw card), quicken (draw card), serum visions (draw card) scry 2
Holy shit. Can burn finally splash blue for more gas????

are you seriously expecting to find someone who isnt one of those things on Veeky Forums

No. Who would ever want to talk to anyone in this thread?

The bitter old men who have sold out of MtG three times and only own Unhinged cards, but insist on lurking at the LGS during FNM certainly has some sort of presence on Veeky Forums.
They're too post-ironic not to.

me I'd love to have a Veeky Forums discord server dedicated to mtg but the cons are that if it catches up it probably kills the thread and people get identities so it can also become a circlejerk

don't those just fall under the aspies category

This. I hate every one of you.

>T1 ornithopter, ssg, ssg, infernal plunge, kuldotha rebirth, goblin grenade, goblin grenade, goblin grenade
>still has one untapped mountain and three ssgs left in the deck

playing on the draw, that could be a T1 win if the opponent was playing DSJ.

>Implying Cloud of Faeries wasn't busted as fuck

How Delver has dodged the banhammer is beyond me, though.

there are some real autists on xmage but personally, i'm probably already one of the nicest people on there and i'm not even particularly friendly or anything

i just never bitch or complain or even really say anything unless I need to

>T1 ornithopter, ssg, ssg,
> three ssgs left in the deck

Dude, Peregrine Drake dodged the banhammer.

Cycling is not gas unless the card being cycled is doing something else relevant at the same time. See: Remand, Electrolyze, Cryptic Command.

>Delve Bolt

Are you trying to seduce me?

No it didn't, it's on the ban list right now.

magic.wizards.com/en/game-info/gameplay/formats/pauper

>Cucked Bolt
>4R
>Instant
>Delve
>3 damage to target creature or player
There you go.

Yeah it's on there now, but it did dodge the banhammer it was supposed to be banned in. Then they backpedalled and emergency banned it a week later.

>not running several basics and fetching for basics when against red
>not mainboarding 1x engineered explosives
>not holding queller t2 or t3 for cheeky red fags
ishyggidydiggidydoo

What tech do you use for Tron? I'd board in Ceremonious Rejections but that reduces my creature density for CoCo. So far I have 2x Gaddock Teeg and Stony Silences to stop their eggs/o-stones

I'd take it

Counterspell is made modern legal. How does this effect the meta?

More mana more damage and then we have a spell desu

XRR
Instant
delve
Deal X damage

It doesn't effect the meta, it affects it

Better than Lava Spike, honestly.

Holy fuck dud that would be broken as fuck

You want to print a Harvest Pyre that goes face? Do you have any idea how retarded you are?

Endless complaining about Blue, while the Blue players wordlessly slot it into their deck. Things proceed as normal and Blue remains to be bad.

But, because Blue just had a major "buff," WotC can justify not printing/unbanning anything else good for another two years.

It's ok since it costs double red as opposed to harvest pyres 1R :^)

I'd like to see something like

XXR
Deals X damage to target creature or player
Delve

Still broken. My delver deck can turn 2 a mandrills. Given a few more turns and I'm doing some serious game ending damage

Empty the Pits is XXBBBB and doesn't hit face. It's a garbage Standard card, but it does add perspective.

Print an enchantment that gives your cards delve. Make it a 10 drop with 2 green or black and give THAT card delve.

I think the XX makes it to costly desu.

I'm totally not a burn player guys

How about
XRGW
Delve
Target opponent gains 2 life, deal X damage to both players.