>General's Handbook pdf
mega.nz/#!DxRGmTZL!x_L0eobCjr4qrF7enhVlZ2DffTtRa3hdDrc5RctcAbE

>army builder
scrollbuilder.com

>Current Rumors
tga.community/forums/topic/217-the-rumour-thread/

Old thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/AoS_Warscrolls/aos-warscroll-celestial-hurricanum-en.pdf
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Khazalid_lexicon
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First for the Kharadron Overlords!

Bow down to King Brokk Grungsson!

Cogfops are a mistake.

They worship Balthazar gelt

>not playing destruction

literally why

Man, apparently getting two releases is most of them. Wow, how hard is the self-projection.

Not really. Black Templar's are blinded by their faith, meanwhile Hallowed Knights will not mind forging alliances with other entities, such as undeath and ironjawz.

Tempest lords are a nobiliary stormhosts, but they also are very down to earth. Astral templars may be closer to Space Wolves but it doesn't come quite close, since they put a different emphasis on the "barbarian" angle.

I mean, if you want to make such a balance with just a line of fluff... be my guest I guess.

I'm pretty sure you're trying to make a point there. But you're a clear example of wrote something yet said nothing.

They don't get flying steamboats for one.
Well, not yet. Maybe. Goblin skypirates might still become a thing.

floating cephalopods are objectively the best pet dwarfen sky pirates can have

>Hallowed Knights will not mind forging alliances with other entities
Just like BlackTemplars
>Tempest lords are a nobiliary stormhosts
So as Dark and Blood Angels (also I pretty sure sow mention of DeathCompanies).
>different emphasis on the "barbarian" angle.

Because..?

Ah... so you're that assblasted faggot that goes around making mental gimnastics about everything being supersoldiers, wasn't it? Well, don't know why I wasted my breath, again.

Now watch as he resonds with 'Lolwut' again.
Don't worry about it, ignore him. He won't go away, but maybe a mod will wallop him again for ban-dodging. Not that that will have any effect, either.

>Goblin Sky Pirates

>Well we might have lost to Chaos, but at least we don't have to fight those fucking Goblins ever aga-

What's the best way to play elite armies?
I feel like I'd struggle to play the objectives game as I can just get tarpitted.
However my guys should be able to melt through any enemy units without a worry, so do I just form a few blobs and march them onto objectives?

This is literally why Sudden Death objectives exist.

Alright, I'll check through my handbook. Sorry for the stupid question user.

There are good rumors Cthulhu Aelves are coming. If you watch the beginning of the Kharadron video look at the art of the ships and the tentacles slowly creeping in. Hasting says it's possible it's them and he says they are supposed to be coming this summer sometime.

So I think we'll have some sky competition.

My headcanon is that the aether-gold is a red herring, and those spheres are actually boilers full of tea.

They run on Nuln Oil and Tea... I want that to be canon too.

Just like Duncan.

Anyone ever faced or ran a grot/goblin army in AoS? It seems like fun but at the same time I was told to avoid the older armies as they will have little to no support.

Fuck goblin sky pirates would be the hypest shit. I don't even give a fuck anymore.

Is there an actual source for that or are is this just wishful thinking?

>hastings

Not true, Flesh Eater Courts, Sylvaneth, Bonesplitters and Beastclaw Raiders are all old armies and they have full battletomes.

They are mentioned once in the fluff. Might be a thing, might just be wishful thinking.

Started a Durthu, I can tell this thing is going to take absolutely forever to paint.

What if it's tentacle goblin sky pirates?

Sylvaneth are partially new, though.

They've actually been mentioned thrice, on three different books.

1 out of 4 got some new models as well as keeping the old.

That supports they will be supported, not that they won't.

No, nobody has ever used goblins before, user. You are literally the first person to think of that.
More seriously, Moonclan are good and offer a shitload of denial as well as very cheap hordes. Lack of a BT is not an issue, really. We might still get one as various other old forces got them as well, and even without we're pretty decent overall.

>going to take absolutely forever
Wecome to Sylvaneth. You'll be here forever, so make yourself comfortable.

Instant chubby

Which faction would fit my requirements best?
- Fairly cheap
- Good in 1000pts games
- Not as "swarmy" as Skavens but I don't mind to play with plenty of models - just don't want to run 50+ of them
I like all factions aesthetic and fluff-wise so it's all about cash and model count

You can probably find some high elf models from that boxed set that came out a while ago. It was dirt cheap and you can probably find the elf half of the set on e-bay if you dig around a bit for very cheap.

It wasn't said that no one else ever has used grots/goblins, it was just asked if anyone here had used them or played them in AoS. If I thought no one had ever played them I wouldn't ask others about their experience playing with/against them.

There's not a huge amount of armies that aren't good in 1k.

If your main concern is price, Ogres are always the cheapest.

>Flesh Eater Courts
One of the VampCunts core troops and fairly uncommon Strigoi line retooled to be cursed and deranged !Bretonnians.
>Sylvaneth
Basically a new line.
>Bonesplitters and Beastclaw Raiders
Fair point. But then you've also got to add in...
>Fyreslayers and Kharadron Balloonmen
Which are pretty much completely unlike anything resembling their old faction.

Not to disbelieve you, but can you say what books?

I'd like to read more about flying gobbos.

Why do I see people online talking about using a hurricanum to buff thier order armies(high elves and shit) when it clearly states on the battletome it only effects freepeople units? Was it changed or is everyone but me retarded?

Hastings DID correctly predict the timing of the Kharadron release. I don't see why not to trust him on this one.

I'm not disagreeing with you, just saying that Sylvaneth ain't an entirely "old" army. Neither is Ironjawz. I think that AoS will do a three-pronged pattern:

1) Do new factions (SCE, KO, KBB)

2) Update and re-skin factions (FEC, BCR, BS)

3) Take a concept of a sub-faction and expand up ont (IJ. Sylvaneth, DoT)

Time, of course, will tell us which approach they'll favour.

I checked it yesterday and just a second ago as I wanted to start a free people's army.
"you can add 1 to the hit rolls of any ORDER units" not free people, order. That's from the most recent website PDF.

Maybe the scroll is outdated on your country's webstore? or you have an old warscroll saved? or if it's in the physical order book it's probably outdated honestly.

Guys, how many of you wouldn't mind be smitted by her hammer?

Just downloaded it and it still says freepeople my dude

Stormcast are shitu, troll hag a best waifu.

Not either of you -- however, second user is right and it's all Order units -- but I kinda love and kinda hate the Hurricanum. Plus, my theoretical Freeguild are definitely not Chaos renegades. No, no, not at all. But if one were to place the Hurricanum beside the Chaos Warshrine, would the sizes be about the same for the same of kitbashing?

...also, wait, shit, that means the Hurricanum works on cannons, too.

Says order for me. Strange. If you want this version use the UK webstore and print it out, that way you can run it for all of order instead of just free peoples. I agree with you that it should just be free peoples though, doesn't make sense that lizardmen get buffed by a bunch of empire wizards but those are the rules I've got.

Snipped the date too, to prove I'm not fucking with you.

So your waifu is a celestial hurricanum? I'm pretty sure you've misquoted.

Well, ain't she a cutie.

heroes hit evil guys with hammers to make them more in line with justice
things hit by a hammer get flattened
flat is justice

Wut? This post has nothing to do with my waifu. The pic is of the hurricanum rules and the post doesn't even include the word waifu? Did you reply to the wrong post user or is my Veeky Forums fucking up?

Making Snorecast vs Boretide the posterboy conflict for AoS is what almost killed the game

Dude, you're quoting a post speaking about a hag-troll being the best waifu. I was just kidding about that fact.

Fucking bizarre, well at least you can use the ORDER buff warscroll if you want to cheese I guess.

They are normie bait mary sues

Here, just re-downloaded it. Germany, if that helps any.

Fuck, I'm tired user lmao. Replied to my old post by mistake. Sorry for my autism.

Mine was just downloaded too though
Why would mine be different lol
Maybe the link on the mobil site is fucked?
Only thing I can think of

>Freepeople instead of Order
>Order instead of Collegiate Arcane
What the shit is going on here?

Ogres, Ironjawz, or monster heavy Seraphon.

>troll hag
>best waifu
>No pic

So I cracked open the Seraphon battletome, and what do I see on one of the first pages, but this.

Post more AoS reaction faces.

Direct link to the GW site:
games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/AoS_Warscrolls/aos-warscroll-celestial-hurricanum-en.pdf
...says "Order".

Is the AoS floating dimensions thing all a setup to merge 40k and AoS, ala Warmahordes? The answer is yes.

alright I found whats happening
I was using the entry in the empire pdf which I guess must be out of date? The direct hurricanum one is showing order for me too.

Well, It's not looking like the other shitty animu pics - I would ask for more

Given the rumors seem to indicate a major change to 40k rules in the next edition while they are currently undergoing the 40k equivalent of the End Times? I really, really would not be surprised.

I doubt you'll see the settings merge like I think you're implying, but I strongly suspect the core rules will be nearly identical. Shit, they can even use the Khagamaga Ollymadoos as a test for handling transport vehicles and flying vehicles at the same time.

Those are the old ones, yes. Not per se out of date as you could use either, but not the newest one.
I'd generally recommend using the stuff from the old compendium only when you have to.

>Khagamaga Ollymadoos

user, come on.

TELL ME ABOUT YOUR DUDES

Sorry.
>Kharadona Ollymadoos

One of them is literally an english word, user.

How are you fucking up the word Overlord?

Come on, now!

And it's Kharadron, it's not difficult or overly strange for a fantasy name. You can do this!

They died ages ago and were replaced by guys with misspelled versions of their names.

DARK ELVES WHEN!?
REEEEEEEEE
And yes I realize they will be called aelven shadow exiles or something, I dont give a shit
I WANT MY EVIL FLAVORED ELVES

Sorry.
>Khali Mah Ombomadons

Well you know, if you could point me towards existing beastmen fluff and lore and fucking content, I would.

I have nothing to work with, I don't know if they're exactly the same as the old world or if they're different.

Someone give me something, here.

What books are they in, if anything?

I don't want to drop money on the Chaos alliance book just for one small part of it.

That name of Khagamaga Ollymadoos has made me think of a possible concept on how to introduce "Bretonnia" again.

The Kingdom of Sunthaamar.

"Honor is all"
"Chivalry is all"

This words are spoken as a spiel amongst the loyal knightly circles of the Sunthaamarii. These noble beasthunters strive for martial purity and perfection as they ride their exotique beasts.

These words hail from the Ur-Paladin. Jerrod the World-Stryder, He who strode the last charge of the World-That-Was and broke its last lance against the fell forces of chaos.

Basic Units: demi-gryph knights an footmen.

"Scouting"/"Pariah" unit: the Rough Riders, units riding gore-gruntas (an unknightly steed) and wielding axes and bows (unknightly weapons)

"Fast attack units" a unit riding gryph-chargers "Wingless-Ussarans" and a unit riding some bird-like creature "Ikarea-Lancers"

Heavy chargers, have them ride dracoths or some very mean critter. "Tiamathia Chargers.

Heroes: lady doing magic (self-explanatory) Paladin riding a fast steed and another riding a big critter.

Unique Hero: [Insert Cool Name], King of Sunthaamari. Rides one of the dragons that the bonesplitters are hunting in their battletome, wields Jerrod's weapon.

OH MY GOD user

It's simple English!

Kha ra dron Over lords

I believe in you, you can do it. It's not that hard!

Disciples of tzeentch has beastmen, you know?

IIRC mortarch of Night or Lord of Undeath features them.

King Olly Mandoos.

Actually its pronounced robo-dwarves

>aelven shadow exiles
>aelven siadow aexiles
fix'd

They aren't Brayherds or Warherds, they're a different faction to mine.

But it's a start, I guess.

And thanks for the other two.

>Kha ra dron Over lords

It's also fucking despective from this dude.

Kharadron is literally a word that existed in old world lexicon so he's basically mocking WHFB too.

Sorry.
>Cogfop Drohnenon Omnisah Laddy-Lickers

What did it mean, because google isn't giving me anything.

Wow this must be harder than I imagined, there's two of you flunking Fantasy Names 101 now!

Okay, let's go back to basics. Repeat after me!

Duardin!

>whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Khazalid_lexicon
Huh. Interesting. I didn't realize there was a non-existent word for nothing. Khazalid is pretty meta.

I wonder if the fuckers actually made a typo in naming the army. Because Dron does translate as Thunder, but Khara is absolute gibberish. Maybe Karakdron for Mountain Thunder? Or Khazdron for Clanhall Thunder?

>Dorf-din

>Retarded
>Sloppy
>Chapterhouse
I'm trilingual, so I gave it three tries.

Khara was ship.

See

Thundership? Not bad.

Source? When even the autistic lexicon doesn't have it, I'd like some evidence.

>Dorfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff-din

different user here.

Lexicanum is a 40k site mainly, their coverage of fantasy is generally dreadful, don't take it as gosepel

See