Warhammer 40k General - /40kg/

Due to popular demand: NECRON EDITION

Previous thread: >Actual Daily Dunkan because he deserves it:
youtube.com/watch?v=efMsWE8Uz4s

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android.
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!z4wmmJyR!jTfwLczhdFjV0q6nowtGag!qgZhmAhK

>40k rules reference in wiki format.
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Latest GW teases
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW FAQs.
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>List organizer picture book
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Offline list builder
battlescribe.net/

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

Other urls found in this thread:

1d4chan.org/wiki/Warhammer_40,000/Tactics/Renegades_and_Heretics(7E)
wh40klib.ru/codex/Imperial_Armour_Books/IA_XIII_War_Machines_Of_The_Lost_And_The_Damned.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>I2

FIRST FO DA ORKS

Second for CRUSADING

thats a lot of necrons

Is that Templar possessed or something?

>tfw I2 meme has faster initiatiative than da Orks
Oh the irony.

Not enough spikes for that. Just a very stylized Chaplain.

Fuck 2 initiative, what kind of "close combat" army has 3 strength? ABSOLUTELY PATHETIC.

ORKS IS BEST!!!!!!!

>Veeky Forums what happens if a squad of FMC's needs to make a grounding test? Does only one get grounded, or the entire squad? Or do they take the grounding test and die instantly since the rest of the squad is swooping?

Who gives a shit, you stupid nigger? There's no FMC squadrons in the game.

It has a sword so it's definitely not a chaplain and look at that spawn mask, definitely corrupted.

I have Death Masque and Warp Spiders, what else would be good to flesh out a strong Eldar army?

Magnus, Magnus, can't you see
Wolf and tau need to hang from trees

Caplains don't need to use their Crozius. They can take other weaponry, just like any other high ranking Marine. Also has the bone toes on the feet like the Terminator Chaplain has.

Reposting this from the last thread since I didnt get any replies:

So from lurking around and playing some kill team at my local store I know the new rules are coming out for Eighth Edition.

I've played two games of Seventh with my friends Dark Angels and I enjoy Kill Team.

Usually I borrow teams from my friends or the other regulars that are all good people.

I want to start collecting Dark Eldar as I like fast armies and I understand they arent doing too hot right now but am I safe with buying models or do some go obsolete with the change of core rules?

So far I have 5 Mandrakes to try my hand at painting and making my own Kill-Team but the shop's owner said he would sell me the Start Collecting box and two boxes of Reavers for $110USD which is a pretty nice discount compared to Games Workshop Prices.

Not sure if I will pick up the codex until the new edition but so many models should take me forever to paint.

Thoughts on using an Imperial Knight to shore up the weaknesses of a Grey Knight list? (Weak against vehicles and blobs)

Gun

Yes there are.

On a scale of 1 to 10.

Does this look like a 6?

The Emperor only hears devotion, not excuses, heretic.

Model count my dude

A friend of my boyfriend also fudges the dice. We let him get away with it because he doesn't really have an army outside of a few Tyranids, but it's always funny that he thinks he's being sneaky throwing the dice into the buildings and such so we can't see. Especially because other people are occasionally standing behind him watching.

Also, I asked last thread but no one responded. How do DKoK play differently than normal Guard? Or is it mostly just a model change?

If I mixed Guardian and Kabalite bits would that pass for counts-as-Corsairs? I really hate the FW Corsair kits.

Also that.
But I like low model counts.

Makes it easier for the quintessential /Your Dudes/ experience

Help me decide, what do I do next?

World Eaters, or Skitarii?

>take knight
>its blows up turn one
>every fucking time loving every laugh
Start collecting box is ok, you always will need warriors and raider, bikes will probably be even more meh. Also box comes with formation.

I wish renegades had some models that didn't look just ruined and dusty. I get that they're supposed to be the 'bad guys' but that doesn't mean everything needs to look bad. Like, shouldn't they look like normal Guard for the most part? It's not like their equipment just vanished.

Save your money and buy 3 knights, then run them with a Librarius conclave or Psykana division with Commissars.

Shit, is it that much of a distraction carnifex?

I guess it should be obvious, then

Well, what do you want to play?

They're pretty much different ends of the spectrum.

Personally I run mine under Bloody Handed Tyrant as blood pact and use DKK models then shave off any imperial markings and place the tiny khorne symbols from the etched brass sheet on their helmets.

Also, their stat lines are baseline lower than cultists'. There's a reason they look so scruffy.

The infantry is basically fearless against shooting, and can hold out alittle better as a tarpit.
Deathriders are actual worthwhile rough riders.
And then tons and tons of artillery.

Atleast for the siege list, i have no experience using the assault brigade list.

Krieg stubborn platoons with fnp ws4, artillery in heavy support and elite, no transport
Guard anything you want

>bikes will probably be even more meh
Could you elaborate?

I was really hoping to have a more jetbike heavy army as painting the Radiers seems like a nightmare and they aren't my favorite models.

My friends are playing:

Dark Angels (Mostly "Greenwing" Tacticals and Devastators with some "Ravenwing" squads supporting them with bikes and speeders.)

Orks (With well over twenty bikers and Meganobs in their Battlewagons)

Imperial Fists which is really similar to what the Dark Angels run only with Centurians instead of the landspeeders.

Nurgle Daemons/CSM (mostly daemons but again rocking bikes)

There are other players but the above are the people I will mostly be playing with and if they arent playing kill-team they stick at 2000pts.

The only armies I havent seen at the store are the two Eldar factions and Tyranids.

My friend has the Eldar half of Death Masque he was going to sell me for $75 but I told him I would wait and see and he isnt in a rush to sell them.

Reaver jetbikes are the best unit in a pure Dark Eldar army.

Back in 4th ed Chaplains, at least BT chaplains, could take any power weapon to count as their Crozius so you could have one that used an Axe as their badge of office. It didnt matter since they were all "power weapons".

How long until based Duncan delivers me from suffering? I'm too scared to paint guilliman on my own.

That's because the codex was out of date and released before power weapons were divided by type. The fluff since day 1 however is that a chaplain always has a Crozius and a Crozius is some sort of mace.

I love the berserker aspect of World Eaters and their close combat prowess, but I love the theme of Skitarii and their Cyberpunk feel to them. I can't decide

Thoughts on Custodes inc to 40k?

Love the models, and they're pretty cool in general, but it feels like they'll get most of the same strengths and weaknesses of grey knighs (sans psychic stuff and daemon hating), just turned up to eleven

Furious Charge

....ass

Reavers literally the worst bikes in game. Bikes were buffed hard in 6ed, and will be probably nerfed in 8ed.
One knight pretty useless. Only when there 3+ of them, they become serious threat. If you survive first turn, maulerfields, termies and dreds will shit on you in melee. Even fucking tac squad with fist is threat.

World Eaters are far easier to paint but older models and you want FW berzerkers rather than plastic ones.

Skitarii are awesome but hard to paint.

So strength 3.

How should I equip Boyz?

With guns.
Since orks aren't a cc army.

Make your own Khornate warband with some Dark Mechanicus bits and kitbashes?

Dark Future Gaming has a stunner, just Google 'Dark Mechanicus'

Yeah world Eaters are more tipping the scale for what I want to do. If I were to start them, what should I buy first?

Dammit, why can't the Dark Mechanicus get their own rules?

>Furious Charge
Blood Angels have Furious Charge *and* a Strength above 3 :^D

There's Dark Mechanicum stuff coming for Horus Heresy, at least.

They do have rules.

in 30k. Use those.

Just speculation here, but maybe this whole Cawl&Girlyman fun time on mars thing is actually something to deal with the spread of the warp?
I mean that's what the pylons were for right? And the eye of terror needs to be stopped, it's not enough to just get bigger marines.

I play CSM and have tried for a long time to play a world eaters list. As in classic world eaters (zerks+kharn)
While the new formations are good, you're still bringing a knife to a gunfight. And in the end, not THAT big of a knife, especially if you stick to a no psyker khornate doctrine.
So either go for KDK, and accept that you won't probably be playing a zerkers list ever, or wait for 8E to see if melee gets some kind of buff.
(if you want to see what I mean try the world eaters from Traitor legions, double formation kharn+decurion with some spawn. Then run it against any generic tau gunline with supporting fire and markerlights shenanigans. Laughable.)

Sisters of Silence are the real breadwinners from the Prospero kit.

All-or-nothing deathstars.

Deodar are rarely updated, 1.0 codex was from release to 2010, the 3.0 codex came out in 2014. The only real update in rumors is that all Eldar will be merged into one book in 8e with the force org charts allowing you to take different sub-factions...and save paper/bookshelf space.

I will remind you this faction requires you to know your stuff just to play adequately.

As far as what to start with: two boxes of kabellites, two venoms, one raider, and one box of reavers. When making label liters you can cut up the shredder and blaster pistol to make an extra blaster.

From the above you should have two squads in venoms, one squad in a raider, and three jet bikes. This is a good and vanilla starter 500pt army that isn't too hard to figure out how to use and the units will see use a lot of use in larger points games.

From that core...just experiment and come up with things while playing around with the modeling.

I dunno. Grab the CSM Codex and Traitor Legions, then write up a list. Can't go wrong with basic CSM though.

Lass.

I think I'd rather run a chaos warband for world Eaters since basic marines have furious charge, rage, fearless and adamantium will

Imperial Armour 13 because CSM are shit without FW stuff.

The models that FW made for Renegades were meant to represent an ill-equipped militia force. You can totally use more normal guardsmen units with some head-swaps. I actually use Tempestus models with minimal modifications for my Veteran grenadier troops.

I'm also going to second the start collecting box. From that all you'll need will be an extra set. of kabellites or wyches if you feel adventurous/need more difficulty, and some venoms to make a 500pt starter.

A noose to hang yourself

>Another bro who uses Bloody Handed Reaver
My n word.

Um. How?

>Making gun models
wow nobody's ever done that before. Come back when you've graduated to knives :^)

Welcome to Veeky Forums, newfriend! Sometimes we say nigger here!

I didn't make it, I just found it on google.

I'm hearing a lot a about renegades... Are they any good?

Shootas are Assault 2 S4 for 1 point each, so they don't seem that bad. Gain a shooting attack in return for a melee attack. I dunno though, 18 versus 36 attacks on the charge with WS4 versus BS2 is something to consider.

Given the Ynnead-Aelf climate going on, is it a silly idea to start a Slaaneshii Daemon army?

>is a consistent tournament winner good?

I'll give you one hint as a friend. The Realspace Raider detachment's real bonus isn't the shitty inferior cover save you get. It's the fact that you can take 6 FA units. If you're not doing that then just take a CAD instead and enjoy fast obsec skimmers. Remember, you're not getting stealth, you're just getting a 6+ or 5+ cover save that doesn't stack with jinking. Your venom already has 5+ invuln so that's wasted. Your reavers can jink for 3+ at any time and they're not really shooting units anyway. Your kabalite warrior raiders are the only thing really getting the advantage, and even then it's only for one turn and is still slightly inferior to jinking. You're giving up Obsec so you can have your raiders get one turn of full BS shooting from your raiders.

>3pt infantry that respawn on a 2+ and enter Ongoing Reserves with Outflank
> Quad Mortars as Troops and Earthshakers as Elites

Yes

>tournament

but thats a forgeworld army

>trying this hard to fit in

What the fuck. How do I start Renegades?

>using google image search
wow nobody's ever done that before. Come back when you've graduated to making gun models :^)

Which book are they in?

With FW pulling the majority of the books it's a nightmare to try and build their armies.

Siege of Vraks, Part 2.
1d4chan.org/wiki/Warhammer_40,000/Tactics/Renegades_and_Heretics(7E)

That's really sad.

wh40klib.ru/codex/Imperial_Armour_Books/IA_XIII_War_Machines_Of_The_Lost_And_The_Damned.pdf

Imperial Armour 13, there was an older list but it's no longer legal.

And a lot of FW resin.

Keep in mind the artillery as troops and elites thing is no longer legal and doing it meant you didn't get aforementioned reserves on dead units.

pretty sure my mega nobs are strength 9 on the charge

...ass

What units would you use in a solid 2000pt Dark Eldar list?

>Bikes were buffed hard in 6ed, and will be probably nerfed in 8ed.

Well damn. I may need to rechoose my army then...

I'm a sad person.

>I have an expensive CC unit in elites

So do IG, what's your point?

Why are they no longer legal?

Not him but I would start with two CADs with 4 units of reavers, 2 Razorwings, 4 troops in raiders, 2 blasterborn and go from there.

>What units would you use in a solid 2000pt Dark Eldar list?

Not him but have you even looked for yourself? At the very least check 1d4chan for tactics.

The older list is still legal, and it is in fact the one with all the broken shit in it. Siege of Vraks, 2nd ed.

>tfw your favorite unit is crap
Are there any ways to make Terminator lists viable as Blood Angels? We have the "charge out of Deep Strike or Shoot twice" formation, but charging straight out of Deep Strike feels a tad cheesy to me. Any other ways to make them half decent? I don't want to be a dick - I just want to have a chance.

>my Elites choices are just as good as your Scouts! Take that!
Duly noted, shitposter-san.

Oh sorry, my mistake. My local league just outlawed it based on the fact they felt the updated version of the list superseded it. As you were.

Terminators aren't good enough to make you feel bad about using the one formation they're good in.

Only our ork player uses a flyer unless the Daemon Prince(s) count. So I could probably only bring 1 Razorwing.

Blasterborn are just Kabalite Trueborn with blasters? (I am guessing)

I like the Trueborn and I wanted to use Venoms more than Raiders so they will definetly find a place.

>Not him but have you even looked for yourself?

Not many people seem to bring pure Dark Eldar to tournament (though I guess I need to be open to Harlequins at 2000pts).

>At the very least check 1d4chan for tactics.

I was specifically told to avoice the tactics on 1d4chan because:

"It is just whichever ass hole that wants to spend the most time on the site's opinion"

Ive used it for fluff though.

Take the core formation that let's you deep strike first turn but not charge. Take the scout formation with teleport beacons as auxiliary. Your entire army will be terminators though. Very likely that you will end up with your whole army wherever you want them on the board turn 1, so if they survive the enemy's turn, then turn 2 will be a massive shitfight.

Yes blasterborn are trueborn with all blasters, you can put an archon with a Webway portal with them as a very expensive, but very effective drop pod if you want. You can mix and match venoms and raiders to your taste really. I personally prefer raiders for 3+ jinking since I mostly use them to capture objectives rather than shooting but both vehicles are great.