Acquisitions Incorporated

I'm honestly kind of surprised that I never really see anything about Acquisitions Incorporated on Veeky Forums, positive or negative. (I would mostly expect negativity, because, you know, Veeky Forums.)

So, do you have an opinion on it? Are there any other "RPG shows" online that you like?

>Pros
Wil "That Guy" Wheaton is gone, and so is fatass
Perkins seems like he'd be a fun DM to play with
Has probably helped bring more people to tabletop RPGs

>Cons
Has probably helped a lot of "Those Guys" to tabletop RPGs
Gabe's pandering to the audience
The relentless shilling and spinoffs

It feels a bit forced in the 'wacky adventures haha haha' department to me.

I like some of the earlier critical role stuff because it actually felt, and maybe was, just some people playing the game that were kind of OK and doing it for fun.

Acquisitions just seems like it is a bit forced with people competing to be odd and funny.

Not that critical role isn't there now as well.

Adventure zone is the only fun D&D production

Prove me wrong

Does Pathfinder count? Thrilling Intent.

Perkins needs to learn the damn rules. That bald point nosed fuck needs to stop being so cringe. The slut needs to read her fucking character sheet and stop being a whore.

Jim is just great

It's the TG version of professional wrestling. People who want to talk about the characters and story have their own places to talk about it. If you're into the game itself it can be a bit lackluster because while all the "performance D&D" shows are quick to toss the rules the moment they get inconvenient Chris Perkins takes that to the next level, so there's very little "game" in their game.

Is that the blob in the top there?

^ This right here is why Veeky Forums isn't big on Acq Inc. TG thinks the rules are more then guidelines to a good GM. Veeky Forums is wrong of course.

Adventure Zone is pretty great, just started it earlier this week.

Did anybody catch the first "C Team" game?
Any good?
I had a thing so I'll have to wait until it's uploaded to youtube.

thrilling intent is pretty ace
thog is the best character

I enjoyed the entire videotaped season. Watching people who are professional writers be funny in a context I enjoy is great.

>but rules
See

What even is the "C team"?

Tabletop Talk a GOAT

oh jesus, I just looked it up. Acq Inc. spin off with one of the character named "Walnut Dankgrass", and Wil Wheaton as a character that yells a lot. Plus some other people. This does not look good.

Nevermind, no Wil Wheaton. Just a bunch of people I've never heard of. So....... might not be bad?

Wil Wheaton is not a part of it, but I guess Kris Straub might look kind of like him from the wrong angle in bad lighting.

Acq Inc is one of those things you simply watch to enjoy the characters and the story. Rules can't be contested a lot because they have limited play time. Rules Lawyers are assholes anyway, the game for most is about having fun. I think we don't make Acq Threads often because its something a lot of us enjoy, and all Veeky Forums wants to do with anything is shit on it. No one wants to go on a thread you already know that the first few posts will be, fuck those guys! Who is this even? (Even though they know exactly who it is)

In the non-live acq-inc shows Chris sticks far closer to the rulebook, the fast and loose style in the live shows is to save time and maximize entertainment value.

>"Non acquisitions Inc shows"
What other dnd shows does he make?

Non live shows
the series they did on the penny arcade channel has him be more serious with the rules

Well, you misunderstood what I wrote there BUT he does do a show called Dice Camera Action on Twitch on Tuesdays.

Was it video, or audio only?

video on the penny arcade youtube channel

Scott Kurtz. Actually has a genetic disorder that makes him that fat, sterile, and some other stuff.

There's also the on and off podcasts that they started doing in 2008 and are now collected on the acq-inc website.
Though those span multiple editions if you're just in it for 5e.

I don't see it. Kris Straub is very handsome.

I was just trying to be civil for mistaken identity user up there.
As I felt calling him a blind fuck was over the line.

I would be perfectly willing to back your assessment of user as a blind fuck, if you'd like?

That's very kind of you user.

I hate the constant pausing for the "laugh track" and pandering to the audience.

>GEE, LOOK AT HOW ZANY AND HI-LARIOUS I AM BEING RIGHT NOW!

That's not roleplaying, that's pantomime.

I miss the early early AI. When it was just an audio recording of Perkins running a game for Gabe, Tycho, and Scott.

It was entirely a publicity stunt to show off 4e but it was actually entertaining and convinced me to try getting some friends at college to try tabletop.

The later sessions that have been done at various PAX cons are different beasts. I still enjoy them but they're condensed and simplified for sake of the audience.

I was trying to say basically the same thing earlier, but it ended up kind of word salad because it was late and I was fried.

The AI podcasts are far superior to the live shows. No audience means no requirement to force entertainment, they just play and let their own comedy show in a natural way.

There has been a couple of utterly epic live shows though, Jim's reading of Grandads will was one of the best for role-play and fun.

Wheaton (fuck him) left because the fat guy (without the beard) was mean to him.

The fat guy left because he wanted more money.

I thought Kurtz left because he wanted to do his own spin-off with the character, like a less sad Knights of Draconia.

Yeah. Because he wanted more money.

Well...he is a dwarf.

I don't mind Scott as a dude, but it's distracting how unhealthy he looks. He looks sick all the time.

I don't see the appeal in AI, you can just play the game yourself.

He is unhealthy, an actual factual glandular condition.

He's like a unicorn.