Which system has the best barbarians?

Which system has the best barbarians?

Pathfinder, hands down.

One of the Conan and/or Riddle of Steel RPGs. It's definitely one of the Sword and Sorcery RPGs.

Pathfinder, for one reason.

I RAGE TO SWIM BETTER
What?
I AM ENRAGED!
I
SWIM
BETTER!

"Before you sits the mighty walls of Koranthur! 300 feet high and jagged, an ascent none could manage!"

>FUCK THIS WALL, FUCK IT SO HARD. I'M GONNA CLIMB THIS SHIT OUT OF ITS PUSSY ASS!

GONNA BEAT THAT WHINY WATER INTO SUBMISSION!

Barbarian should be handled as a race or racial modifier.

Actually now that I think and remember a bit, second edition had the best concept.

They published 'complete books' for each class. In the books were 'kits' that modified the class slightly. So in the fighter book you might have a kit for an 'amazon' fighter or a 'barbarian' fighter or a 'caveman' fighter, etc etc.

And that was the best way to handle it. Because they (barbarians) are still a basic race and still a member of a class, but they express those things differently than other 'standard' cultures.

5e. If we're going to pretend that barb = tribesman, we're going to need better build diversity than we've usually been handed.

>IM SO PISSED OFF, I BREAK THE MAGIC AWAY! ROLLING TO SUNDER!
And this one Rage Power is the reason why Barbs are the best martial in Pathfinder

The barbarian should have just been an archetype of the fighter class and called the berserker.

I actually did like the 4th ed version, with the different takes and primal magic.
>I AM SO MAD I CAN VOMIT LIGHTNING
>I AM SO MAD I CAN SCREAM AND MAKE HEADS EXPLODE
>I AM SO MAD ABOUT TOO MUCH MAGIC SO I JUST HIT THINGS BUT I'M ABOUT ON PAR WITH THOSE PREVIOUS TWO, ISN'T THAT AWESOME

>tribesman

In 5e isn't that just the Outlander background and then pick whatever class doesn't clash too bad?

Even in DnD humans of different cultures aren't treated as different races, they need to be altered by magic or something first.

Depends on if all you want the class for is Frenzy builds. If yes, then absolutely. I like the idea of a non-armored defensive character who can opt to unlock great powers in short bursts.

Legend. Even if you play the class without swapping out a single track it's a brick wall of awesome.

Yes, but 5e still has a bit of a mis-match between what all the different things that the rules allow and what people expect the rules to allow. There's a *lot* more options in the rules than actually get played at table.

GURPS

WHFRP 2ED

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOOOOD!

A berserker archetype barbarian in 5e could mechanically represent anybody who doesn't wear armor and gets really pissed off.
Like, go with a sage or acolyte background and you could just be a LIBRARIAN who just gets super peeved about late or damaged books.

Totemic archetype is a bit of a different story.

>Ctrl F
>Barbarians of Lemuria has zero hits
>Thread is about Pathfinder

Be the change you want to see faggot.

W;tA... Everyone is a barbarian on top of their regular jobs.

>gets really pissed off
Why do you say that? Flavor text suggests, but rules I think don't.

You could use the barbarian to emulate any number of things where anger wasn't the cause. Hell, it could be a dance/trance of some kind.

>dance/trance
Sounds like a Hassassin. I approve.

Literally any except d&d

More so since I'm pretty certain next edition they will give barbs a spell list for....reasons

Dungeon World.

Seriously the most Conan-like barbarians in RPGs. No rage bullshit

One Barbarian archetype can already cast spells as rituals in 5e.

Barbarians of Lemuria

IRON. FUCKING. HEROES.

When everyone is a barbarian, the system has the best barbarians by default.

I rest my case

Well stealthzerker is a pretty solid build with both evasion and uncanny dodge increasing your tankiness.

Not saying your choice is inherently wrong but your reasoning is pants on head retarded.

No, I'm mostly wrong, but I had a really, REALLY good experience with the game because I had a god-tier GM.

Iron Heroes fixes 3.PF by just taking out all the problem stuff. It's not GOOD, but it is relatively balanced.

I am also very drunk, which is the proper state of mind for discussing barbarians, so I think I'm right, either way.