Warhammer 40,000 General

Late night /40kG/ blues edition

>previous thread
>Actual Daily Dunkan because he deserves it:
youtube.com/watch?v=efMsWE8Uz4s

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android.
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!z4wmmJyR!jTfwLczhdFjV0q6nowtGag!qgZhmAhK

>40k rules reference in wiki format.
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Latest GW teases
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW FAQs.
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>List organizer picture book
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Offline list builder
battlescribe.net/

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/1tUdG_-gtL7yPm9kxh0e7QOMTdW2NDBG4pAJ0MMtpFuI/edit?usp=sharing
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Wasnt there supposed to be a big 40k reveal this week?

If the pylons on Cadia could shrink the eye of terror always why didn't the necrons just do that ten thousand years ago?

Threadly reminder that if you're not loyalist space Marines, games workshop doesn't give a flying fuck about you.

I'm thinking about selling all my necrons, and my chaos marines to buy a shitload of Genestealer cult models to play them 'competitively'.

What do you think Veeky Forums?

>what is the Armageddon new boxed game? For 40k points

Not enough time and the aeldari were at their prime

Stop being so asshurt, everyone is getting some goodies for the 8th edition. Why don't you pull the stick out of your ass and be patient.

Threadly reminder that Vanilla Terminators are now pointless since tartaros does their own job better.

30k the aeldari were at their prime?

C'mon nigga. Szarekh or whatever his name is even met with Sanguinius at one point.

>Be patient
>Just like with cataphractii armor
>Because it certainly wouldn't take GW only 5 minutes to make Chaos rules for either of those

Share your dudes!

Here is my Tau sept, rate but pls no h8

>docs.google.com/document/d/1tUdG_-gtL7yPm9kxh0e7QOMTdW2NDBG4pAJ0MMtpFuI/edit?usp=sharing

>big

FUCK YOU GW

Then throw the CSM a fucking bone and let them have the rules because it's their wargear. Loyalists already have fucking cataphracrii. Them having Catas and CSM having Tarts would be a cool dynamic, but nope. Fuck anyone who isn't a loyalist Marine player.

We shouldn't have to guilt people because GW is biased.

>t. loyalist Marine player

Aren't crons very good competitively? I haven't been to a GT yet but I always struggle against them at my flgs. fuckers are hard to kill. that being said, the GSC/nidzilla player is also always a tough match up for my ad mech.

Keep in mind that I am still working on it, and english isn't my first language either, so if you see any spelling/grammatical errors then please tell me

The Eye didn't exist during Necrontyr days. The pylons were made to simply cockblock the Old Ones' access to the psychic powers of the Warp.

I'm just bored. They can be real good competitively, but they have maybe two ways to really do it.

Yeah but it existed ten thousand years ago.

And some necrons were awake then.

For I2 .

in 30k the necrons were still sleeping. he was talking about the war in heaven era.

They struggle against the very tip top of lists as they don't care that much about necron durability.

They won't do it because they don't look "chaos" enough, sorry bro knowing GW it won't happen.

If you're asking why the metal Necrons didn't shrink the Eye I'm guessing it's because they were too few and too preoccupied with other things like "FUCKING C'TANS STEALING OUR BODIES".

It's not like the Necrons all woke up at once and went "Oh, Chaos is the bad guy, we better go stop them, guys".

Couple things stand out. Firstly, the name for that capital city is quite long. I would consider shortening it to a simple two words.

Secondly, I am fairly certain that by definition Septs are centered around a single solar system. That's why most of the sept symbols in the book are representations of the sept's sun, most notably in the one with a binary star.

I always figured that a sept was either a single star or multiple systems. But I might be wrong, thanks for your input by the way.

They did it for Imperial Knights, and the Tartaros terminators were on the Chaos side in the damned box game anyway.

The real stupid thing is that they gave them to loyalists at all.

Necrons aren't competitive at all, but they're hard to play against regardless. Since they're entirely too slow to play Objectives, any faster army can just run circles around them and win by the points. AND EVERY ARMY is faster than necrons.

They're also neither fun to play nor play against.

Their decurion is really good.

No overwatch allowed and everyone in combat with them suffer -d3 to some stats.

You play them by having nurglings infiltrate for cover, plague drone move up with an icon for no scatter deepstrikes while heralds footsloggers and summon behind them. Use a musician to drop the GUO turn 2 while the deamin prince has his wings and can do what he likes.

go for it then, but while I am biased I would definitely suggest you look at ad mech if you aren't married to GSC. Ad mech really reward good strategy, and none of the other shooty armies play like them. plus we should be getting more toys this year I hope

"Competitive" 40k is a stupid idea.

Sure, you can do it but the game really isn't designed for it.

Order has: One primarch on life support, half-awakened god, damaged Phalanx
Chaos has: Three active daemon primarchs, three to come, Macragge's Honour, Vengeful Spirit, Blackstone Fortress.

Hey user, what do you think of my flesh hounds

Pretty good if you're using them in an otherwise Tzeentch army

Isn't the War Convo the only really "competitive" way to play AdMech?.

>Everyone is getting some goodies for the 8th edition
How about the dicks at GW give the Orks BACK some of the goodies we had a few editions ago tha they TOOK AWAY? Like actually looting shit instead of bland 'Deffguns'/'Looted Wagon' models.

Mah Boyz are long overdue for some major buffs/upgrades. CSM can get in line behind the greenskins as far as I'm concerned.
'course, the Orks are behind the Bolter bitches in terms of 'wanting to kick GW's shit in because they keep getting ignored/abused...

Because chaos needs to be covered in spikes all the time...

I'm fine with Orks getting stuff. I just want GW to go through the incredible low-effort it would take to have give the models they advertised as being for both loyalists and CSM as having rules for both loyalists and CSM.

Which Chaos God has the best daemons

Nurgle

Slaanesh. Daemonettes do everything the other gods Daemons can do except summon.

it's the big dog, but I've been experimenting with an onager/vanguard spam with distraction dragoons and kastelan robots that I think has some real potential. We have a few truly fantastic units. Once I get my Belisarius Cawl I think I'll sweep our local monthly tourney.

Nurgle
Slaanesh
Tzeentch
POWERGAP
Corn

Not sure about you guys but after my career is taken into account, I have very little free time.

Most of that free time is spent doing various things but a certain amount is dedicated to minis.

Most of mini time is spent assembling and painting.

The rest of mini time - maybe 5% of my time involves actually playing the game.

How much of your time is involved actually playing 40k to the point that an army's relative "competitiveness" in the current meta is a concern for you?

Fluff wise?
Greater daemons, Tzeentch
Heralds, Khorne
Lessers, Khorne

>having rules for both loyalists and CSM.
Wait, you're telling me they have models for both sides, but they only have rules for the loyalists?!

Zoggin' GW and their Ultramarines favoritism horseshite.

I'm not the user you were trying to sell on AdMech originally but I'm curious as to how you deal with eldar jetbikes. Last time I took my admech against a bunch of them I got shit on because my vanguards could never get in range and my neutron lasers couldn't kill enough before the sheer volume of S6 fire fucked up my vehicles.

>This multi-part plastic kit contains the parts necessary to assemble 5 Tartaros Terminators, ready to be added to any Space Marines or Chaos Space Marines collection.

Straight from the website, but loyalists get shiny new rules to go with them.

Now that Tzeentch daemons give easy kill points to your adversary, I guess it's Slaanesh.

Necrons aren't slow.

No, they weren't. The first Necron dynasties awakened during the Great Crusade.

reposting!

Does it look fun? acceptable?

I have a pathological obsession with darkshrouds and command squads

They are, and they are not. It depends on what you are bringing to the table. They are 'slower' than other armies built around the same concepts, but faster when they start teleporting shit across the map.

>mfw people actually say "Aeldari" and "Astra Millitarum" now

40K can just End Times and die now I guess,

Chaosfags need to understand something; you chose Chaos.

Chaos ain't the Imperium.

It's not fair for you guys to want Chaos Marks, Icons, Daemon allies, Daemon Engines and still want all the stuff that loyalists get.

Be grateful that GW gave you Renegade Knights, Khorne Daemonkin, Black Legion, Crimson Slaughter, Traitor Legions, Traitor's Hate, and Wrath of Magnus.

It's not like you don't get attention. You just want to be Loyalist+Chaos stuff.

They have plenty of fast stuff, the only thing they suffer from is a lack of range.

It may be nice to spam GW's facebook like we did to get our dreads to get 4 attacks like loyalists :)

Haven't actually PLAYED a game in years, just started getting back into painting/assembling my old minis from when I was really active, so I'm not too concerned about how competitive my Boyz are. I'm more entertained by the fluff at this point.

That said, I do want my Looted Vehicles back Partially because it originally made one of my core army units.

Ok Grandpa.

Onagers with Icarus Array.

SONOFABITCH!

Hey anons, i was browsing a pdf of the rules for gangs of commoragh, and i couldn't find where were the points value of each character and items, are they in another booklet? do you know where i can find them?

There is no problem for loyalists to get new stuff, like the razorback, centurions and different patterns of common vehicles.

But for loyalists to get the HH stuff, like the old terminators armor, while CSM do not, that's lame favoritism.

Chaos fag here: agreed.

The thing with Tartaros and Cataphractii is that we ran into the warp with that shit. It's weird that we *wouldnt* have it later on.

True, and a lack of dedicated transports. Immortals and lychguard would really benefit from a ride.

Night scythes are a thing.

So are stormravens, but we both know those aren't a replacement for a rhino.

>mfw my race doesn't have to deal with this trademark bullshittery.
Bitching about Aeldari I get, but Astra Militarum's been a thing for a few years now, right?

So?

Tartaros released as CSM first, and Imperium gets rules

Also they get Oblits (centurions) and Autocannon, more fliers and shit.

iradleA

chaos players chose to be crap when they chose to turn their back on the Emperor.

Also there were the sins of the 3.5 codex. Everyone knows it was game breakingly powerful, far worse than the Eldar are now.

it makes perfect sense actually

you see, chaos marines have no supply pipeline, so their old armor is ten thousand years old with no replacement parts to fix damage. Their old suits have literally fallen apart, and they have only the crappiest equipment left.

If you want a fluff reason here it is, Chaos marines run out of equipment. It's one of their biggest problems. The fluff even states that the traitor legions are constantly fighting with each other and scavenging arms and armor and chaos marine armor is mostly a hodgepodge of different marks usually taken from other marines they've killed.

The imperium has access to vast resources and caches of old weaponry and armor.

And yet, this was a completely new model without 40k rules, designed as a thousand sons unit from the heresy, equipped with one of the few signature weapons CSM actually gets.

And then they give it to loyalists and not us?

I'm fine with us having our own stuff, but that requires GW actually give us our own stuff instead of tossing it all to vanilla marines.

Necrons don't have a rhino equiv in the first place.

But Chaos does produce things. The Dark Mechanicus explicitly produces machines, and they'd probably be more likely to still have old knowledge than the AdMech.

>Being cancer

End thyself.

You already got CSM Tartaros

>still want all the stuff that loyalists get
No, we want HH era stuff if Loyalists get it. I don't care about Centurions, or whatever else they get. I only care about getting HH stuff if it survived for the loyalists. It makes no sense for Chaos to not have drop pods, to not have the HH termi armour. There is zero reason for it, other thank favoritism.

That's true sometimes. We still have the Dark Mechanicum to bargain with, and they DO have replacement parts.

Imperial Armor 13 goes into a lot of detail on this. Equipment and vehicles from the heresy are really fucking rare, but they still exist in the Eye.

Ghost ark. It's a land-based dedicated transport our infantry can start the game deployed in.

>Muh chaos is bad at maintaining Legion gear

Explain why Chaos can get something like a Relic Sicaran tank, and adding a Warpsmith to the army allows them to take 2.

Is that what we need to do to get nice things? Promise to only take one squad unless we have a warpsmith?

>waaah I want marks of chaos and chapter tactics and grav spam and free rhinos and 1st turn double shooting

It's also three times the price. a Night scythe is only 25 points more than it.

>Word Bearers are CSM

>Tartaros were invented as a Thousand Sons unit

Kill yourself.

I meant for the boxed game you dolt

Fall of Cadia has provided AdMech lists with a massive power boost.
With the introduction to Cawl, the new OP artefacts he unlocks for tech priests and the much more flexible Grand Convocation allows you to remove tax units
I genuinely think GrandCon is superior to WarCon and might actually be S-tier.

>Daemon allies
>Hur hur see guys it's okay! Cause you have one allyWell, two if you count Renegades. Even though Space Marines get like half of the other armies as allies.

If you want loyalist stuff, play Loyalists. It's pretty simple.

I'm a Blood Angels player, I'd love to have +1 initiative every round of combat like Mark of Slaanesh but I can't have it. BECAUSE I PLAY BLOOD ANGELS.

I want to see a reverse-end times for 8th edition where the big-e comes back to life, the galaxy is stabilized, and the forces of the Imperium, the Filthy Xenos, and Chaos do battle in the ever shifting Daemon worlds within the warp, and around the places in realspace where the barrier around the immaterium is weak.

It barely changes anything. The Guard are still Imperial Guard. The Eldar are still craftworlders and Dark Eldar.

Adeptus Astartes are called Space Marines. Astra Militarum are called Imperial Guard. Eldar before the Fall were known as Aeldari.

This is literally getting upset as the difference between "armor" and "Armour".

>chaos marines have no supply pipeline
>Chaos marines run out of equipment

Stop with this meme bullshit from the 90s.
Read a freaking Imperial Armour or some 40k books.
Chaos has a vast supply line (including geneseed), plenty of ForgeWorlds in the hand of the Dark Mechanicum that forge new shit all the time and rich black markets.
Emperor's Children, one of the most broken legion, have an entire up and running Forgeworld just for them.

There are no Chaos Space Marines in the Burning of Prospero box set.

>I'd LOVE to pay 3 extra points per model
ok

I bring 6 onagers to the table in any 1500+ game. 3 have neutron lasers and are in a unit for that great emanatus shield save, I just walk them up the table usually getting linebreaker from them if my dragoons are all dead. the others are individuals, and I throw the Icarus arrays on those 3 if I'm facing an army with a lot of fliers (nidzilla) or skimmers. Icarus array is practically guaranteed to kill whatever it's shooting at and is scary enough to force jinks even if I didn't kill it somehow. Never had any problems with skimmer spam because I blast them all off the table by turn 3 if they try to approach me.

>What is, Orruk
The End Times are coming user, I hope you're ready.

>If you want loyalist stuff, play Loyalists.

I don't want loyalist stuff. I want this very clearly Chaos Space Marine unit to be given Chaos Space marine rules.

Daemons is the second best army in the game, below only Eldar. Space Marines have no allies that are equal to or better than themselves, let alone Daemons. The net comparison of CSM + Daemons vs. Space Marines + any BB ally is in favor of the CSM.

They made HH era Tartaros. They can't give it to Chaos Space Marines in the present because it looks nothing like the rest of the range.

They weren't chaos marines at the time the box set was set in.

Good thing I didn't say 1k sons were CSM. But they sure as hell ain't loyalists.

As much as I like the Grand Convo I feel like free wargear and immunity to gets hot from the War Convo is better. Last game I played I never even got to roll for IWND thanks to my vehicles all dying before I ever could. The only real benefit is more flexible list building. But I guess time will tell as the detachments are experimented with more.

Isn't the only OP relic the Memento-Morispex? Everything else just seems like it's either "kinda nice" or just "meh".