/tgesg/ - Weekend Elder Scrolls General

Ancient Dagoth Brandy Edition

>Tabletop/P&P RPGs
[UESRPG - P&P RPG] docs.google.com/document/d/1pTgTN2aJUoY95JtquowagfUJLL7tCQYhzJKcCAcbvio/edit?usp=sharing
[Scrollhammer - Tabletop Wargame] 1d4chan.org/wiki/Scrollhammer_2nd_Edition
Discussion in #Scrollhammer (irc.thisisnotatrueending.com (port 6667))

>Lore Resources
[The Imperial Library] imperial-library.info/
[/r/teslore] reddit.com/r/teslore/
[UESP/Lore] uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Main_Page
[Pocket Guide to the Lore] docs.google.com/document/d/1AtsWXZKVqB4Q825_SwINY6z4_9NaGknXgeOknOCDuCU/edit
[Elder Lore Podcast] elderlore.wordpress.com/
[How to Become a Lore Buff] forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1112211-how-to-become-a-lore-buff/

>General Rules
This is NOT /tesg/ minus waifus, so behave properly.
Keep the squabbling to a minimum.
No waifus/husbandos except for Voryn Dagoth

Previous Kalpa

Other urls found in this thread:

en.uesp.nethttp://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:36_Lessons_of_Vivec,_Sermon_1
en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:36_Lessons_of_Vivec,_Sermon_18
michaelkirkbride.tumblr.com/post/79083487769/orbitaldropkick-zoss-master-of-the-universe
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Does the Green Pact only apply to the wildlife inside of Valenwood?

The Dreamer is Awake

IIRC because Y'ffre only applied it to his people, the Bosmer, who live in Valenwood

I understand everything here except magnitude. What is "1-1+1-1"?

1 through 1 damage per cast, plus 1 through 1 more damage every level

Holy shit thank you so much!

It only applies to the Bosmer. A deer can eat the berries off that bush and be fine. A dirty tree-elf tries it and gets divinely metamorphosized into a tooth-eyed murder-beast.
Now the more important question is Y'ffre; Yee-fray, If-re, Jephry, or Yiffer?

Jephre

Jason

Why must Morrowind be the only game with kickass armor designs?

If-rr

ESO has some really nice armors

plastic

The concept art is pretty good, but the in-game art is mostly flat, and looks like it's just cosplay spandex.

I can agree with that I suppose

The only one of those that even looks passable is the Argonian one.

Y'ffer.

Let's be honest here: The Thalmor did nothing wrong.

I disagree with their methods but I agree with their end goal

That doesn't really follow. If you're going full Gnostic-genocidal (versus the Nihilist-genocidal of the Dwemer) then what method could possibly be disagreeable?

killing talos worshippers and banning freedom of speech is ok to you?

No, but ending the material plane is to you?

as long as everyone becomes immortal in the process, sure, no need for it since everyone lives in Aetherius

I still hold that vanilla game didn't have nearly as much effort put into it as the DLCs on the account the initial release saw their team making designs for 10 races instead of just focusing on 1.

The difference in the level of detail when they were working on just one culture really shows.

For example this would have been easier to swallow if this was used for Imperial Armor instead of the basic 4th era crap we got.

Or the Orcs trying to revive Trinimac worship going all out with their designs makes for good looking sets as well.

That's probably definitely not really how it works. I mean, [the spirits that would become mortals] didn't/couldn't even exist before the Mundus was constructed. It's not lie everyone is magically going to float up into the sky and become immortal forever if the Thalmor destroy Mundus. The only reason the idea is palatable to them in the first place is because they think they literally are descended from the et'Ada and that means they'll somehow return to that state.

Which, like, almost definitely would not happen.

Even the Ra Gada style, which is less actual Ra Gada and more an exaggerated interpretation of Ra Gada based on what people see in tombs.

What's with the Hussar wings?

Like I said, it's supposed to be what the people of the 2nd Era THOUGHT they looked like based on what they see, which are highly exaggerated. So they take what was supposed to be ceremonial armor and use it and the real deal.

Okay, that makes sense. What I meant more though was what aspects of ancient Yokudan iconography is it derived from?

Like in Morrowind?

Ancient Yokudan Tomb Guards that are frequently used to keep the tombs of venerable Redguard families safe.

I think they fill that same category of stahlrim for nords, where it's an ancient burial right that no one really remembers how to replicate anymore.

Wow, that seems really similar to the concept of the family tombs of the Dunmer, which is interesting because of how much the Ra'gada hate anything that even smells like undeath (which I guess in this case it might not be).

Things may have been different when they first landed when magic was more abundant. After all, Tsun says it himself the Nords once respected magic users much more than the kind of aloofness you get in Skyrim.

Yiff-Fray

Is there an actual minotaur NPC in that DLC?

That's not what the process entails, user.
The Thalmor literally want to set the universe back to the state that was before the creation of the physical world. Reunion with the divine. In other words, mortal spirits will no longer exist.

Plenty, though they serve more as hard enemies. Rather than speaking with words, it's spoken with action, as you seldom find minotaurs anywhere except near or on ancient sites to Alessia or Morihaus, hinting there may be some intelligence but they just refuse to speak with outsiders.

What is the deal with the Order of The Hour, anyway? I've not played ESO yet.

They're a quasi-religious order that is essentially the Alessian cult if it was toned down a bit.

>Pro Akatosh, like holy fuck do they love Akatosh. Sometimes it feels like they love Akatosh a bit too much.
>Anti Daedra
>Regularly preach that the Dark Brotherhood is false
>Secretly get help from an ex-member of the Brotherhood that uses the Order to hunt down and wipe out DB chapters.
>Since Cyrodiil is torn apart by a 5 way war(The 3 alliances vs. Imperial Legion Defectors vs. Molag Bal) they also serve as a militia force to protect themselves and help the Kvatch guard keep the city safe.

It's the only game that constructed an original culture.

Do you ever think it's weird that there are whole "generations" of people who consume the lore who haven't actually read the primary sources and only repeat things they've seen other people say online?

Because Slavs are niggers

At least half of the lore shit people talk about these days just comes from comments MK made on forums or reddit.

half? you are grossly exaggerating

Which is fine. I said "primary sources" not "the shitty games exclusively." It would be great if everyone who wanted to talk about the lore was well versed in MK's forum comments.

What I'm talking about are people who say things like
>I don't think that kalpas are ever actually mentioned in the games
It's not malicious, so it's hard to get worked up over though.

>It would be great if everyone who wanted to talk about the lore was well versed in MK's forum comments.
"The world would be a better place if everyone was a nolifer like I am"

I don't even know what that means.

You're not very intelligent, are you?

Is this the equivalent of someone who, when beaten in a video game, throws down the controller and accuses the victor of "being a nerd, and video games are stupid anyway"?

They're only mentioned briefly, why would most people remember it?

Because it's a very important concept when talking about the lore. When there are people who write walls of text about metaphysics based on regurgitated internet opinions but who can't even name the handful of times the terms they're using actually appear, it can be annoying. But, like I said, not malicious.

Except I don't see how you won at anything by failing to understand an extremely simple message, do you have autism for real?

I'm not saying I won, I'm saying you might be clinically retarded for entering into a conversation about fantasy lore and then saying that someone who knows knows more about it than you has no life. I understood what you said, but "nolifer" isn't any slang I've ever heard and also sounds like some fucking stupid Twitter shit.

So it's official that Vivec and the other two murdered Nerevar, slaughtered Voryn Dagoth to take the tools for themselves, right?
And then because of Heart magicka fuckery, Dagoth Ur was able to reform over the years and eventually come back strong enough to kick Sotha Sil and Almalexia's asses and take their toys.
The Ash Vampires are basically zombies who can't really remember anything about things before (according to in-game dialogue from one of them.)
BUT ALSO
Dagoth Ur went mad guarding the tools, Nerevar died of his wounds at Red Mountain, ASV killed Ur and spun some bullshit about how they were right to become gods.
Both sides of the coin actually occured, correct? Or is the former the truth and latter some revisionist history that didn't really happen? From what I understand it only happened because CHIM, and I'm not sure what's in the game about that CHIM crap.

Yes, both happened/we don't know but for all intents and purposes both happened.

>playing Morrowind with Acoustic Overhaul and custom music

>2036
>Playing Morrowind with the mainland, Skyrim, Cyrodiil, Stros M'Kai and most of the Oblivion realms modded in
There ain't no reaction image for that.

CHIM has nothing to do with The Red Mountain conflict. I would say your summation of events to be as right as possible with the limited information that the game gives without contradiction. I, however, would not refer to the Heartwights as zombies. They are some of the most intelligent ash creatures.

> wanting to play the abortion that was Redguard
Opinion discarded

Well, I'm talking about the landmass being modded into Morrowind during the time period of the late 3E, not the game itself.

Aside from that, naw.

CHIM almost certainly has to do with Red Mountain.
Vivec used it to create world where the Tribunal were gods.

>Skyrim, Cyrodiil, Stros M'Kai

Which mods?

I've only got the mainland and Oblivion realms. Added my own music to Oblivion realms too. Feels good, man.

Cyrus was a pretty cool dude though.

That's from far out of left field, I'm not one dismiss outside of game kirkbride writings but I've never seen that before. Do you have a source for that?

MAO is great. I can't wait to play TR with OpenMW in 2027.

Skyrim: Home of the Nords and Province: Cyrodiil (both are hosted on Province Tamriel), and there are currently two (?) projects to recreate Stros, one is older and pretty much dead right now. There are a few other province mods on PT, like High Rock, but those are also basically dead.

That might be a reference to this quote from the Trial,
>But when Vehk the mortal reached into the Heart, he ceased to be anything except for what he wished to be. The axis erupted. There was an exact cracking, an instant of pure Aurbis, his hands burnt black by that ever-nil of static change, and Vivec the god who had never been had always been. A whole universe swelled up to legitimize his throne... as the old universe, where Vehk the mortal still lapped up Godsblood, warped itself to accept its new equivalent. And like all things magical it simply could not happen, could not Be. Red Mountain was the intersection of the Is-Is Not as it was of old, its center point, and it did not hold. And so the Dragon, having broken, saw fit to heal, turning into the world you know.

But it could still go either way, it isn't clear exactly when he achieved CHIM, and ultimately it doesn't matter.

Sorry, "Project Tamriel."

I though Home of the Nords only included the Reach and Province Cyrodiil only included Stirk.

Sums up Morrowind quite well.

So far, which is why I wrote
>2036

only the breton armor looks good

The only thing I don't recognize is all the green rats.

Which mod adds Oblivion realms?

What is the most Dunmer of melee weapons? Spears?

This is a problem affecting all modern fantasy games and some sci-fi ones too. It also affects art style in general. I really have no idea what caused it, but I blame comic book style of WoW.

That would be most Vehkian atleast, but it would seem that swords tend to be more popular choice especially katanas. Maces seem to be pretty common too. Scimitars seem to be oddly rare given that they regularly appear on concept art.

The Doors of Oblivion.

I want Harkon, Dagoth Ur, and Miraak to start a band.

that's just a thing the artist put in, it's not related to morrowind

so you didn't miss a reference, congrats user

>Miraak will never use dragon shouts for his metal scream.

Probably swords, although Dunmer seem to use whichever weapon they want, instead of a racial bias towards one specifically. Nerevar used a sword, has been pictured with a spear, and I believe used an axe and a bow.

He also has his ethos knife or something.

>tfw the Blades ceased to be in the 4th era
>tfw the last remnant of Akaviri culture got destroyed by Thalmor fucking shits

Where's that?

Cloud Ruler? It's in northern Cyrodiil.

Fucking scalie.

Oh, for a second it looked like Morrowind's Solstheim

Yeah, sometimes Morrowind and Oblivion can look really similar from afar.

Ignore Thalmor posters, hide Thalmor threads

Basically what this user posted
There are other hints
>For I have crushed a world with my left hand,' he will say, 'but in my right hand is how it could have won against me. Love is under my will only
en.uesp.nethttp://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:36_Lessons_of_Vivec,_Sermon_1

>In this world and others EIGHTEEN less one (the victor) is the magical disk, hurled to reach heaven by violence.
>The ending of the world is ALMSIVI.
en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:36_Lessons_of_Vivec,_Sermon_18

So the games themselves are Elder Scrolls, right?

That's what Bethesda went with at one point, as a joke. They said they had Elder Scrolls in their basement, and that they looked at them to make the games, but one of them was broken and that's why it's an imperfect view. IIRC.

Waitaminute. Is "Kill Six Billion Demons" inspired by Kirkbride's writing? Or is "reach heaven by violence" a somewhat common phrase?

i remember kirkbride saying that he follows the comic,i don't remember where though
also i think abbadon does take inspiration from morrowind

Literal "elder scrolls" would be the lore bible that does exist within Bethesda intranet.

lol

yeah
michaelkirkbride.tumblr.com/post/79083487769/orbitaldropkick-zoss-master-of-the-universe

thanks for the source user