MTG Modern General

>Whatcha playin'?

>Whatcha hatin'?

>Super Secret Sideboard Tech?

>What decks are just waiting for a card or two to be competitive contenders?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/nSF7eySM2Tc
youtube.com/watch?v=NmJ_74snrjk
mtggoldfish.com/articles/budget-magic-67-13-tix-modern-mono-red-burn
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

"And that's all there is to it! Please remember to check out CardKingdom today!"

You finish your prepared speech and sit in silence, staring at the camera as you find yourself doing too often these days. You reach into your jacket and grab the flask again. The camera is rolling, but fuck it. You can just edit it out later. Edit out the constant drinks like you always do. You get the odd comment about a jump cut, but you know that you've established yourself well enough that negative opinions will be shouted down by your "fans". Oh, the fans. How you've grown to detest them. Sure, the $5,000 check from YouTube ads and the $15,000 check from Patreon is nice, but nothing fills that slow, gaping hole in your chest from selling out. They even fired you from teaching, thanks to that bitch reporting your "inappropriate touching". She was asking for it anyway. You realize that you've been gulping from the flask throughout your inner rant, and that the flask is now long empty. You lower your arm and gaze longingly at the bottom drawer of your desk. A smile tugs at your lips as you consider your next video: "Many Magic the Gathering players ask the question, is pulling the trigger as easy as it sounds?"

You think this is clever? Autism

it's just pasta that showed up last night

Are these cards considered the archetypes for their colors? Not sure how path to exile would be played since i'm a noob

Also if you want to tell me OP combos with these cards or how they're used I love to learn

Calm down and step away from the bottle, Brian. Against all odds there are people that care about you.

Those are cards in Modern Masters 2017 you filthy plebeian.

>Lightning Bolt
>MM17
At least you tried

I want to build landfall zoo and play Renegade Rallier, Knight of the Reliquary, and Tireless Tracker but I'm afraid thats too many 3-drops. opinions?

>he didn't get the buy a box promo
Filthy plebeian.

>one day he is going to be playing commander with his wife's son
>he is going to be wasted out of his fucking mind because the secondary market has gone completely out of control
>one of his dragon sleeves for his liliana is going to split mid shuffle
>he will then fly into a drunken rage and start beating his son while screaming many magic the gathering players ask the quesition who's fucking kid are you

what the hell are you talking about

You got triggered you old faggot!

Is Skred still a thing?

What should I cut from this deck? The point is to delve into fatties, and then if need be evolve them. I run 2 Griselbrand, just because he's always decent to have, pretty much wins on the spot if you play him against aggro decks. There's also Iona, who can only be cast off evolving a Gurmag, but regardless she still wins against any combo deck you might not think you're winning the race against. Like a gurmag, a couple lands, an evolution and a draw spell or 2 is good enough to keep against any combo deck, cause they just cannot win through Iona. Another thing I like about Griselbrand, is outside of their Planeswalkers, Eldrazi Tron and Death's Shadow Jund have literally no way to beat an early Griselbrand. Also we run Death's Shadow to just burn through our deck with life and fetches and thoughtseize, and then play him as an additional beater, yeah he's not good with Griselbrand but if we have a Griselbrand and are attacking with more than 13 life we're probably good. It's pretty fun cause you're just burning through the deck, and Delving out guys so fast and then Death's shadowing, It's pretty great. Also Manamorphose helps fuel delve, it cycles, and I use it to fix for GG a bunch. Anyways I need to cut 4 cards off this deck, Also the removal I think will be 4 cards, not sure which 4 cards, I'm thinking some combo of Push, decay, and dismember. So let me know what you think
Land (19)
2x Breeding Pool
1x Island
4x Misty Rainforest
2x Overgrown Tomb
4x Polluted Delta
1x Swamp
3x Verdant Catacombs
2x Watery Grave
Creature (19)
4x Death's Shadow
2x Griselbrand
4x Gurmag Angler
4x Hooting Mandrills
1x Iona, Shield of Emeria
4x Street Wraith
Instant (12)
2x Abrupt Decay
2x Fatal Push
4x Manamorphose
4x Thought Scour
Sorcery (14)
3x Eldritch Evolution
4x Inquisition of Kozilek
4x Serum Visions
3x Thoughtseize

Yeah, they're generally considered the defining cards of their colors.
>Path to Exile
This is good because it's perfect spot removal, and quite a few decks have few if any basics. Usually the decks that would play aren't too concerned if their opponent does fetch a land.
>Snapcaster Mage
Usually used to repeat an earlier spell, like forcing your opponent to discard another key card, countering a spell from the grave, or closing a game with a Bolt-Snap-Bolt.
>Liliana of the Veil
Usually used in Black/Green strategies where they don't mind discarding their own cards(or gain an advantage from it), and the second ability helps them keep the opposing board clear.
>Lightning Bolt
Very versatile spell that removes a variety of creatures, can help swing a combat by dealing damage to a tougher creature, or bring your opponent's life total down.
>Tarmogoyf
With the variety of spells played in Modern his conditional size is rarely a drawback, and he epitomizes the best green has to offer(creature beats).

This brings up a question I have: are ANY of the other snow-covered basics used in Modern in any way? Or is it all Skred all day.

Gifts decks use snow-covered plains and islands to guarantee land drops if they can't go for sword+thopter/unburial+fatty combo.

Do a split of 4 Knights, then 3 and 2 of the others at most. 2 and 2 or less would be ideal.

Nothing in Modern interacts with Snowlands beside ColdSnap set cards, and Skred really used the best of them. They don't really have a use other than to look pretty in other decks.

First off, TappedOut is a thing. Use it.
Second, the deck looks cute. Makes me think of Kiki - Chord style toolboxing. You can cut an Inquisition, generally a total of 6 inquisition/Thoughtsieze is best, and DS favors seize. Also, you can easily cut 1- 2 Mandrills. Then I would probably cut a Serum Vision, but I'd have to play the deck first to make sure.

Yeah, I guess cutting 1 inquisition is reasonable. I don't like cutting 2 Mandrills though, maybe just 1 I could see, but I have honestly never really had the problem of not being to delve hard enough to cast all my fatties. Maybe I could cut 1 though, seems like an okay place to start. Lastly, I like the cantrips, they set up the draws really well, and sorting an Iona or griselbrand the fuck away from your hand always feels nice. If anything I'd cut manamorphose, but I really like having that one too. So right now I think it's definitely reasonable to cut an inquisition and probably 1 monkey, and a cantrip is probably correct, I'm going to see which helps me more, morphose or visions, and even though it seems obvious that serums is better morphose does help me fix a lot. So that'd leave me with 1 more card to cut, I'm still debating. But thanks very much for the input, I agree with a lot of what you said.

>buy MM3 box
>one mythic (Bonfire of the Damned)
>no fetch lands
>no Path
>no Inquisition
>no Damnation
>no Blood Moon
>3 (three) Stoic Angels
I've become so numb.

Post pics

Pics or it didn't happen

>tfw have to wait 6 more weeks for Preordain to not get unbanned

Fuck this gay earth

youtu.be/nSF7eySM2Tc

Here's a blast from the past to be your theme song.

I think you meant
youtube.com/watch?v=NmJ_74snrjk

>six weeks

That's a weird way of spelling 'never' there, user

This is my current Bant Eldrazi list. I'm pretty happy with it overall but I'm not sold on the MB Blessed Alliance. Does anyone know what else I could fill that slot with? I already tried dismember and I wasn't a fan.

You could play a French copy of Delay to express yourself.

Cut Reality Smasher

Anyone wanna be my daddy and pay for my MM17 drafts? It'll be fun!

>cut a 3 or 4 mana 5/5 trample haste which is almost always card advantage
Lmao

pulled a venser and foil cavern on my first MM17 pack, don't think i'll be buying packs any time soon

mtggoldfish.com/articles/budget-magic-67-13-tix-modern-mono-red-burn
how much better does this deck get with full sets of guides, eidolons, and swiftspears?

Post boipucci

Seconded

>offer to take son out to draft MM3
>"Sorry, Dad. I'm going out with the guys tonight. I think I've outgrown card games."
Cat's in the cradle, lads. ;_;

I don't have any BP pics (will take some for daddy!)

Modern Master Race runs Mana Tithe as a fun-of to fuck with people.

>leddit tokens

m'lady

>getting btfo by your chad son
Lmao

time to beat some sense into him

How terrible do the foils look?

I like that. Maybe I'll try a Stubborn Denial MB.

cavern is pretty good, but i think it's cause of the art

k SO wheres my fucking dad????

I wanna draft MM17 all weekend....

Kill yourself faggot

shitty traps don't get MM17
maybe if you trimmed some weight off you'd get a daddy to buy you MM17, fatty
1 pack for every pound lost, that's my deal

you're turning me on so much but you're just memeing me....

tfw no abusive daddy to call you fat and make you work for his money

Does he really shill for card kingdom after getting 20,000 a month for making youtube videos?

Maybe it's just the angle but that looks gorgeous. I would beat my dick against the wall to pull one of those.

Has anyone seen any other foils with new arts?

Damn, that is a nice foil. If I didn't already have a playset of original caverns I'd consider trying to get a set of those foils.

yeah dude the hands sticking out and glowing is really sick

people have been giving foil snap praises but haven't seen one yet

Should I buy 4 misty for 100 dollars or will it go lower

Are you a 20 something qt Japanese girl who will sit on my face?

That's really good if the Misty's are at least LP

19 something qt white girl (boy)

Trap?

>girl (boy)
das it mane

Bets on anything in Amonkhet being modern viable?

I'm hoping they push the fuck out of Nicol Bolas

How's your ass?

Curses hopefully

Zombies

No. It'll be another set with pushed as fuck standard mechanics that aren't quite good enough to justify playing in modern.

Nicol Bolas may be pushed enough. It will be pushed enough to ruin standard, that's for sure.

I really want Amonkhet to give us something good enough to push zombie tribal into being an actual deck.

Revolt is modern and legacy playable. Fatal Push is a thing.

>yfw no zombies in amonkhet
>all mummies

Disregraf colossus seems poised to be really great if zombies ever become real

>mfw Amonkhet pushes Zombies to be on the same level as Spirits

Wizards JUST THIS ONCE DON'T FUCK IT UP

Spirits are fucking cancer, CoCo decks in general are fucking retarded

Stat me.

Liliana the Last Hope tier

7cmc obviously

The only good member of the gatewatch/10

>le Mary Sue faec

>Buy "masters" set
>pull pretty much jack shit

What a fucking surprise, I'm glad I just order singles for my legacy decks

Agreed

If Nissa's views towards other races were still /pol/-tier I would be down.

>Shitpositng in the modern general
surprise surprise

Man I'm a young trap, any question you ask about my appearance is gonna be met with self esteem issues and insecurity and comparing myself to other people!

I've been told my butte is nice but I hardly post it because of said self esteem issues .//.

Now wheres my dad to pay for my MM17 drafts? I'll do anything you want. Take any pics, anything. Abuse me!

I bought a Masters box for 180. I am three booster packs in and have 80 in value from the rares. Am I doing good?

This is the state of modern general

Jesus, wouldn't those boots get uncomfortable in the desert? At least Gideon changed out of his plate for Amonkhet.

A E S T H E T I C S >>>> anything else

>modern general
>full of people who bought into the modern meme

What did you expect? Everyone knows the good general threads are for Kamigawa Block Pauper Tiny Leaders. Obviously the best format.

You'd think they'd try to fit into their surroundings more, instead of Liliana wearing her purple princess dress, and Jace his belts and hoodies.

That's why I'm moving to EDH

>if you 3-0 tonight at MM3 release you get boipucci as prize support

So, this was Maro's plan to save modern, eh?

Lel

Where else do I go to find someone to pay for my MM17 drafts?

I'm not catfishing or anything, I'd go as far to say that I'm looking for something long term! Be my daddy and buy me stuff :>

Lol! There are definitely some cute spikes at my LGS I wouldn't mind giving my virginity to~

If I had to choose between a playset of goblin guide and a playset of eidolon of the great revel, which is better

Goblin Guide. Way more versatile and will never become unplayable. New art is fun too.

Goblin Guides, all the way.

U/G card that isn't shit

I may be doing ok.

Yeah the new art is great

I hope you didn't spend $240 for that box.

>he actually spends money on cardboard rectangles
Lol just buy from the chinamen like everyone else in this thread.