EDH/Commander General /edhg/

Blow Shit Up Edition

Previous Thread: RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

CARD SEARCHING

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
magiccards.info/

>>Thread question
What's your favorite MLD?

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/perpetual-motion-machine-1/
youtube.com/watch?v=wvDBtjE8i04
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/baral-chief-of-the-goyim-know-shut-it-down-1/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/aislings-song/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/prototype-vengeance-of-zendikar/
strawpoll.me/12552755
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I should have this deck just about watertight, but before I finish buying cards, what does /edhg/ think of it?
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/perpetual-motion-machine-1/

What's an MLD?

Mass land destruction, board wipes hat specifically destroy lands.

Ruination. Ruination their shocks, duals and shit for DAYS

Thirst for Knowledge fampai

One of these days I will pull off a World Gorger Dragon into Obliterate. One of these days.

Also Whir of Invention.

I believe in you

Maybe try world gorger + apocalypse because it's slightly less mana?

Post em

Need to update this, Darien is officially a deck now.

I've been looking at both of those (also Time Sieve and Scourglass, if I feel like splurging), but what would I replace for them? I suspect that I probably only need one source for thopters, so I could drop the Spy Network (since Sharding Sphinx is protected by Padeem and the Forge).

Also, no Sol Ring because they seem to be sold out fucking everywhere.

>Better thread question
DECK SONG?

Fucking kill yourself.

>Being this mad

Fucking kill yourself..

youtube.com/watch?v=wvDBtjE8i04

>Karrthus
How do you deal with people copying your commander?

>le sold out everywhere meme

Have you tried literally any online store?

they're sold out on isleofcards senpai

I do it all the time, and it's a awesome as you think it will be. You don't know the meaning of fun and salt until you do.

Have you tried literally any other online store?

>isleofcards
you mean the store with the incredibly inflated prices??

Fuck, it's too bad that they're the only place on the entire internet you can buy cards

Out of curiosity, what stores would you recommend? Just from browsing tappedout, they have better prices than TCGPlayer, and I'm new to card-buying.

Promise not a shill but my order of operations is:
LGS site (if applicable)
TCGplayer
Cardkingdom
StarCity
ABUgames

ABU is usually on the more expensive side but they have a knack for having older cards the others might be missing. Also, if you care about graded cards, they sell those too.

Generally the turn I play him is the turn I win.

Here is my new Baral deck. Runs low ramp due to low curve and lots of lands because of how much I can loot/filter. Thoughts?

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/baral-chief-of-the-goyim-know-shut-it-down-1/

Post some cards with synergy you didn't think about until you happened to have both of them in your hand.

Turns out this is a solid win condition.

I didn't even realize this made infinite mana until someone pointed it out when it was on the board.

You also need at least two artifacts in your hand.

I use Starcity, but that's largely because I've usually got a ton of store credit and I'd rather pay slightly more for the better service.

>Friend refuses to buy from MCM because he wants to support local stores
>Ignores the fact that there are plenty of professional sellers in our country who still sell for almost half the price his preffered local online store does
>See him again today
>He ordered a fuckton of cards from cardkingdom for ridiculous prices, paid like 60 euros of import tax
>"I want to support youtubers user, prof is having a really hard time"

Has anyone ever met a cuck like this? He doesn't even buy cards at physicial game stores, only "local online" stores.

I mean, I'm absolutely fine with prioritizing a local store over other sellers, because CFB or TCG or wherever aren't providing me a place to play and events and shit. I'd pay 18 dollars for a 15 dollar card for the convenience of having it in my hands right now, and supporting a store.

But yeah, that's just flat out stupid, considering Prof makes 10k+ a month on his Patreon.

>Have all these cards in kozilek but never used it
A whole new world just opened up in front of my eyes.

Worldgorger is ultra secret tech in ZirilanI love it so much.

>prof is having a really hard time
FUCKING ADJUNCTS
i fucking hate that autistic fucking "prof"

Super duper top secret tech right here, don't let it fall into the wrong hands

It's totally fine to support local game stores more than online, brick and mortar is much more expensive to operate than online, and if they go the hobby dies too.

>>Thread question
>What's your favorite MLD?
Boil or good ol Strip Mine + Crucible

The thing is, he never goes to play at gamestores in his life, he just buys cards online for retarded prices.

It is, but it can also be Countered.

>Dark petition for Notion Thief
>Cast Windfall
>Hold priority and cast Notion Thief
>Play a pile of fast mana
>End of opponents turn Intuition for YawgWill, Paradox Engine and Doomsday
Post feelgood plays.

Hold off for at least a few days until the next one.

TCGplayer from reputable sellers. Leave feedback on all of your purchases. If any seller gives you a card of lower quality than your purchase, you can pretty much demand a refund with little to no strings attached.

I would never buy singles worth more than a dollar at an LGS because anything they list as NM will almost always be more Lightly Played or Moderatley Played.

I need help friends.
$50 budget
Have some staples already but no vast collection because precon.
Great Snake Mistake or some other meme deck to try and snake a win at my LGS casual commander night?

SNEK
N
E
K

>$50 budget
>wanting to win
>snek tribel XD XD XD XD
pick two

I didn't necessarily overlook it, but I didn't realize how convenient it would be.

Jhoira's Toolbox or Welding Jar?

>

It's either that, buy another precon, or convince my pals to draft MM with me. Don't have a lot of cash to drop on magic and they're really trying to push me further into it. All I have edh-wise is my atraxa precon and a super budget infect deck.

Jar. Toolbox is too easy to kill, too narrow, and if you need to protect a specific artifact creature, Lightning Greaves or Swiftfoot Boots are better options.

Jar also works with cards like Artificer's Intuition, Auriok Salvagers, and Trinket Mage.

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/aislings-song/

I'm picking up what enchantress cards I'm missing; but elsewise, I could still use any advice or criticisms I can get on my Rubinia Soulsinger enchantress/steal yo shit deck.

Asking mostly for the eventuality that I get hit with mass removal (and don't have darksteel forge up), since it hits through hexproof/shroud. I could also go Metallurgeon-- Doesn't regenerating untap the target? If so, could it regenerate itself, then immediately regenerate another artifact? The only other artifact regenerators I saw were Loxodon Mender (too expensive), Pteron Ghost (can't recycle with my current deck), and Clockwork Gnomes (Metallurgeon but shit)

Oh fuck, I forgot Artificer's Intuition existed. I might actually replace Trinket Mage with that. Is the body on the Salvagers worth the price/not being an artifact/hitting with Ashnod's Transmogrant?

Salvagers takes a lot to be good, but when he's good, he's great. It takes a certain kind of artifact deck to appreciate him, since he doesn't work well as general purpose recursion if the only thing putting artifacts in your graveyard is an opposing Krosan Grip.

Basically, you need to be abusing him to be using him.

>Doesn't regenerating untap the target?
The exact opposite.

> Doesn't regenerating untap the target? If so, could it regenerate itself, then immediately regenerate another artifact?
Nothing about this is correct. Regenerating something TAPS it, not untaps it, and even if it did untap it for some reason, you can't regenerate, untap, and then activate the Metallurgeon during the resolutoin of an ability.

buy from the wise cardboard's sages of the east

What's everyone's Sunforger Toolbox look like?

I've got Oblation, Enlightened Tutor, Deflecting Palm, Mirror Strike, Comeuppance, Wear/Tear, Return to Dust, Boros Charm, Lapse of Certainty, Master Warcraft, Orim's Thunder, Swords to Plowshares, Chaos Warp, Final Fortune, and Path to Exile.

His sponsorship with CK basically comes down to receiving free shit. I fail to see how buying from them supports this guy.

You know what fucking motives people? Poverty does.

senpai, if ur running Final Fortune you're doing yourself a disservice by not also running Angel's Grace

Also, get Tithe so you can get mist veil for the complete cycle

Imprisoned in the Moon/Song of the Dryads + Vesuva/Thespian's Stage

Doesn't they enter just as a basic forest or waste?

NOPE. It's a very fun trick to monoG clever impersonate.

Tokens don't count as permanents, right? e.g. if I made an arbitrarily large army of token creatures, then got Cyclonic Rift'd, I'd still be able to swing/block with them?

They are still creatures or artifacts, which are permanents.

Pretty sure they do count as permanents, even though they are exiled if they are put in any other zone then the battlefield. I think They'd all be exiled by cyclonic rift.

Vesuva and Thespian's Stage copy the actual card. The creature is made a legal target by the enchantment but since what it's copying doesn't have the enchantment attached it is the creature.

Works with all nonland permanents except with Planeswalkers since the land doesn't have any loyalty counters and immediately dies.

Tokens get hit by rift and are exiled do to their replacement effect.

Damn, figures. So basically the only ways to reliably deal with Rift are to either counterspell, immediately Rift them back, or immediately kill them with fireball/exsanguinate/allahu ackbar them with Aetherflux Reservoir.

Yeah. There's a reason that is not very well liked around these parts.

>allahu ackbar them with Aetherflux Reservoir.
Dick move against dick move, I like it

Vesuva would be fine copying a planeswalker, just not Thespian's Stage.

I mean if you have goblin bombardment or something similar, you could sac them all for a win.

I should have specified that sorry. Loyalty counters are essentially an etb effect that doesn't use the stack so Vesuva would work fine since entering will allow you to "trigger" the loyalty effect.

Pretty sure vesuva would get loyalty counters, since it enters as the planeswalker I think it would get those put on it.

They are permanents, they just cease to exist after they move to any zone other than the battlefield as a state based action.

Zada is just a bunch of commons and uncommons throw together.

When are state based actions checked?

>their replacement effect.

No, no. As said, it's a state-based action that causes tokens to vanish. This is important, because a replacement effect would prevent a token from "dying", but the SBA allows them to die and then gets rid of them afterwards.

For a practical example, say you controlled a Blood Artist, a Spirit Token, and Progenitus and someone played Wrath of God. Blood Artist would see that itself and the token died, but Progenitus' replacement effect means that it did not "die" and so would not be counted.

The more I think about the card, the more I love it, especially since I run life gain-- it's the goddamn Sword of Damocles
>you can do whatever you want senpai but spook me and i swear to god i'll fucking kill us all
>spooking me includes trying to remove aetherflux reservoir and trying to cast platinum angel

meant for >tfw the fag who runs it in my group always casts Teferi first so you can't counter it

>704.3. Whenever a player would get priority (see rule 116, “Timing and Priority”), the game checks for any of the listed conditions for state-based actions, then performs all applicable state-based actions simultaneously as a single event. If any state-based actions are performed as a result of a check, the check is repeated; otherwise all triggered abilities that are waiting to be put on the stack are put on the stack, then the check is repeated. Once no more state-based actions have been performed as the result of a check and no triggered abilities are waiting to be put on the stack, the appropriate player gets priority. This process also occurs during the cleanup step (see rule 514), except that if no state-based actions are performed as the result of the step’s first check and no triggered abilities are waiting to be put on the stack, then no player gets priority and the step ends.

So, for instance, if a token with four toughness has four damage marked on it, it would die as a state-based action. Then, because something died, it would immediately run through the state-based actions again and see that there was a token in a zone other than the battlefield and remove it.

Even then, there's not really any room to do any shenanigans with tokens, if you were hoping to be able to flicker them or something, because:
>110.5g A token that has left the battlefield can’t move to another zone or come back onto the battlefield. If such a token would change zones, it remains in its current zone instead. It ceases to exist the next time state-based actions are checked; see rule 704.

I built this a long time ago wanting to be budget, and I've now grown so attached to a lot of the jank that I can't bring myself to cut it.

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/prototype-vengeance-of-zendikar/

Need to know what can actually work and what just needs to be substituted out for better stuff, and what that stuff could be.

100% of his deck techs are copy and paste tournament winners someone else made, or in the case of commander, "I went on edhrec for a half hour"

How badly fucked up can I expected a "moderately played" card to be?

I use channelfireball. They give out some discounts on orders if you keep ordering from them for periods of time. I paid $20 for a LP Singing Tree.

>Cards in Moderately Played condition are allowed to have flaws visible to the naked eye. Cards in Moderately Played condition can have border wear, corner wear, scratching or scuffing, creases or whitening, minor dirt buildup, or any combination of mild examples of these defects.

The most severe thing a Moderately Played card can have wrong with it would be a crease, but it can't be a significant enough crease that the card would be considered "marked" if it's in a sleeve, and it typically won't be a crease that covers the full length of the card.

Thinking about this made me wonder

What is the best mtgtuber in your opinion?
Seth, proooooobably better known as SaffronOlive

No ingot chewer or fertilid?

strawpoll.me/12552755

To give an example of what the poll talks about, Boros is commonly considered to be the worst color pair by far due to not having any native ramp or card draw, which a vast majority of Commander decks need.

>What is the best mtgtuber in your opinion?
AlphaInvestments

HANDS DOWN

Also bane of progress is a no brainer

If I hit a Bane of Progress with Ashnod's Transmogrant/Liquimetal Coating as it hit the field, would it kill itself?

Dude, no Reroute? What a shame for sunforger.

>Ashnod's Transmogrant/
Yes, Bane of Progress' trigger goes on the stack, then you turn it into an artifact and the ability goes to resolve killing itself.

Asceticism, enchanted evening, bane of progress

You could possible regenerate your creatures, but Wouldn't that destroy all your lands?

Yes
Now all boards are empty except for a 30/30 bane of progress