Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Worldbuilding edition: What's been your favorite piece of worldbuilding? In your own setting? In a published setting? In a setting you've played a game in? Tell us about it!

Avowed Playtest 1: drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Avowed Playtest 2: docs.google.com/document/d/1rV7kaF9JL2gw9xQalkEnlEDL9WXtbsaCqNABm_pLIgc/edit?usp=sharing

Spheres of Might previews:
Part 1: docs.google.com/document/d/1aLaYQEFAWU4zQBx58boJPPaySLgJc0Emmw9eKyIJeGI/
Part 2: docs.google.com/document/d/1pyLq03W2ju58PcKOUq5YXoFowf_weBNzuWtjCMdINXk/edit
Part 3: docs.google.com/document/d/1-LAt9Ti5pcnvHY4KnFRuItCjqtGM-YJC5r_0zXiKKUk/edit
PS: Outdated, playtest should be out next week but that's not a promise.

Bloodforge Infusions updated playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1GvwMclLSw15slYI7D5xLdjMzr-Nau92hNha9Sx0LOk4/edit#

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/hAfKSnWW
youtube.com/watch?v=zWNAx-lvdZI
youtube.com/watch?v=9dpNQFpeo6U
youtube.com/watch?v=c0jDZBOQ94M&t=2768s
m.youtube.com/watch?v=3iZ9JRVmJ5o
youtube.com/watch?v=fYGARF3OoEU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

where is the playtest

>tfw I can never make an internally consistent setting because my ideas never fit properly together

It burns.

What would be a good class to make a treasure hunter that isn't an Archaeologist Bard?

So! Who all's excited for the weekend? Any big plans, game-related or otherwise?

Occultist

this math seems wrong, you missed two premises

first off

Searing blasts are d8s

second

Empower Spell not only increases dice, but increases the bonuses to those dice as well, as per the SRD

16d8+16 empowered should be 24d8+24 = 132, putting it just over the edge of killing a CR10, in reality killing most, while leaving the rest in easy kill-ability by a follow up from a party member

A single target blast would be much more brutal, at 24d8 +48 putting it at 156, which i think can kill just about anything CR10, and since that would be a touch attack, is almost certainly going to hit and obliterate it unless its packing resist

Its probably packing fire resist as thats the most common, and a more realistic damage scenario is 24d6+48, which is 132, as per the area blast.

These are pretty good damage numbers, and you'll likely be punching well alongside a level 10 martial, who will also have trouble dealing 130+ damage

>OP forgot the repository link!
Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/hAfKSnWW

I would love to, but my GM hates psionics with a burning passion.

Do you have any other suggestions?
All 1pp is allowed, but not much else

I'm just tired Fennec!user. I'm so goddamn tired all the time. Think you can dump some pics in thread?

>soon(tm)

I'm finally gonna get motivated and flesh out Blood Mountain to a playable state- right now, it's mostly just ideas floating around! By noon tomorrow I should have all of them jotted down and worked out to a reasonable degree.

Psychic Magic =/= Psionics.

Occultist is 1pp and was released by paizo.

Occultist is psychic, not psionic, but if he's against that too, just go Unchained Rogue.

the Paizo Occult Adventures Occultist.
Its not psionics, its just reskinned normal vancian casting

Has the puella review user gone over all of the apps yet?

I accounted for that in my other post, keep in mind that's the most common resisted element in the game. Quite a few monsters are resistant to fire at that point.
>A single target blast would be much more brutal,
Using that many spell points on a single target blast is a waste for a myriad of reasons. Even the fucking destruction handbook points that out.

No. He's taking a break.

Is there any rule that says you can't use Silver Crane and Black Seraph on the same character? If there is, is there any way to get around it other than Discordant Crusader?

I have bronchitus

I'm super excited! So excited! I get to kill sinspawn and hang out with a cool collection of characters!

I'll certainly try.

Glad to hear-for the most part, it sounds like quite a fun premise.

I just want the wait to be over so the GM can tell me I'm dumb and that I should go home

Need help in this thread.
Need speed increasing stuff for pathfinder characters.

>BIMBO

Hmph.

i agree, blowing like what, 3 spell points on a single target blast is a pretty big mistake.

The realistic damage scenario is actually the d6 scenario, which will leave you not killing most equal CR enemies

This is why its preferable to use blast types that also apply conditions in many cases

Another choice is to use Thorn Blast, as it has an effective +1 per die in bleed damage, but then you have to worry about DR and Bleed immunity

wew lad.

I'm digging the gods of Puella Librum Daemonicum and how relevant they are.

Oh so it is. My mistake. I'll give it a look

Gonna get my first mythic level ever in WotR. I built for shirtless grapples though so I don't know how much actual mileage I'll get out of it.

>That new Celestial championship app
Holy fucking shit. I thought that Puella would be the edgiest thing that I saw char-wise but fuck.

Are you saying your girl's not a bimbo? The girl that keeps a portrait of her rival in her pocket at all times?

www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/c/cheetah-s-sprint

Yeah, but as was said. This is the "powergamey autist 2hu build" with Incanter and Sorcerer dips and you're barely killing enemies by the skin of your teeth.

>Slow withdrew Araderion

Delete this

Oh? Anyone you're particularly excited to work with?

Please user, we can easily take that blast to EVEN MORE D6s

You're simply not going retarded enough with your spell points and activating your inner megumin.

Simply put, we add arcane empowerment, overcharge, and metamagic expert to the base spell, which scores us a cool 21d6, and then we empower that for a hot and nasty 31d6

without arcane empowerment (and thus wasting EVEN MORE spell points), we can still take it to 19d6, which gets us up to 28d6

which on an AOE blast would give us 28d8+28, a beautiful 154 damage, aww yiss. (170 if you go full retard)

0/10 APPLY YOURSELF

Okay folks I need a good soundtrack to listen to while worldbuilding.

I've been bingeing on Mastodon a lot recently. Anybody got good suggestions?

Tav, you and Forrest's Monkey's Paw game is too strong for me. I'm wondering how you'll deliver on the next thing people asked for at this rate.

Our game was cancelled. Again. Because one player wants to play Breath of the Wild instead. Again.

You know it, poster of adorably fluffy and cute desert foxes! I've got a gaggle of people, from Corwin to Valeriya!

>Items
>Small painting of Irmatysseth on canvas
>Darts x5

Well, I thought it was funny.

She was smart enough not to immediately jump into the portal nobody knew anything about.

youtube.com/watch?v=zWNAx-lvdZI

The perfect background music for whenever you need to buckle down and write shit.

Ennio Morricone composed the music for all of Sergio Leone's films.
youtube.com/watch?v=9dpNQFpeo6U

Not sure that counts as bimbo, seems more of catty diva starlet

Bimbo implies stupidity.

Eh, "FUCK YOU MOM AND DAD" are pretty modest as far as character goals go. At least he has a legit reason to become a god.

youtube.com/watch?v=c0jDZBOQ94M&t=2768s

In keeping with your "Weird Wild West" world building theme.

>tfw the closest things to voices of reason the party has are the happy go lucky disney princess and the calculating jazz diva

m.youtube.com/watch?v=3iZ9JRVmJ5o

The highest int in your party belongs to a chuuni weirdo what did you expect?

Memedog's first instinct is to TOUCH THE DANGEROUS -LOOKING MAGIC SYMBOL

>arcane empowerment
Require multi-classing
>Overcharge+Metamgic expert
I try not to take drawbacks and traditions into account. Though the original build did account for overcharge.

Also, whats up with your math. Like the end result is the same, but everyone I know would mark it as (21d6+X)*1.5 as opposed to empowering the number of dice directly.

youtube.com/watch?v=fYGARF3OoEU

Boot his ass out.

You flake without good reason? We don't need you.

Help me get my head around PoW here, I think there are a handful of disciples that benefit from jacking their associated skill to insane levels. Scarlet throne comes to mind, probably others. Do you actually take feats like skill focus to help this? Are there items other than the basic master work tool equivalent that does the job?

Tips would definitely be great so I can make the most of it.

>Require multi-classing
Into another subsystem you aren't going to use as much as another level in Elementalist. That's probably preference though.

At least that's a good game, user!

Because its just how i think it through in my head. Its easier for me to think it out that way. Dunno

Why would arcane empowerment require multi-classing? Its a feat?

Am I missing something?

LISA is a great soundtrack for all purposes.

Recommended tracks for background music:
>Beehive
>Bile
>Burning Sunset
>Bath Boys/Devil's Bath Boys
>Death Lingers
>Deep Inside Me
>Go Home Johnny
>Goodbye Baby
>Muddy Waters
>My Lord, My Wally
>The Art of Flesh
>The Highway King
>Live in Joy
>Buddy's Theme

Give it time, I'm sure you'll figure out something hilarious you can do; it's mythic, after all.

What is Casca's intelligence score?

This guy gets it

10. Same as her Wisdom.

>Spell pool, the ability to cast arcane or divine spells.
Sphere effects aren't arcane or divine. And now that look at the feat, it doesn't work on sphere effects at all. It's "use sphere stuff to augment spells" not "use spells to augment sphere stuff".

It's a feat for people who multiclass Vancian/Sphere User.

a solid average 10

>tfw did not get in
>tfw will never play with that
>tfw Rory will

JUST

My table has a "if half or more of the party can't make it, cancel the meet".

Guess what, we play every week. One game I run on Sunday. The other, a rogue trader game my bud runs, on Friday morning.

Isn't that kind of dumb by dragon standards?

ah, makes sense

Anyone got a link to that broom flying spellburst savant archetype?

Indeed. That feat is ONLY for empowering spells. If you're using the sphere sytem to make spells that tend to cost multiple spellpoints to use, then that works, too.

>tfw pick a lewd photo for my char art cause it just fits perfectly, but it's the only version of that character the artist drew
>even after cropping, it's VERY obviously lewd
>either have to spend hours or days searching for new art, or accept that someone might recognize it as lewd and think I'm a perv

>tfw haven't even used the human form yet

Look let's not worry about the details, okay? Those inherent increases from True Dragon are coming.

You're on /pfg/. Just use the damn art, everyone here's some variety of perv.

not for a Red of her age

>You're on Veeky Forums. Just use the damn art, everyone here's some variety of perv.

It's a roll20 game. Since I'm tired of losing the popularity contests on /pfg/.

For a Red of her age category no

>Int 10
>Wis 11

POST IT.

He should be confronted about it, then. He shouldn't be allowed to stall the campaign just because he apparently won't bother to play video games on his own time.

>post lewd
>get 72 hr ban
N-no thanks.

ah

its not just 'lewd' then is it

I'm not. Longest running game I had official got taken out to pasture with nothing to replace it.

Put it in an imgur link

Post the cropped version! It's fair game here if there ain't nips!

Mods can be pretty schizo in terms of what they enforce.
I'm pretty sure that's the guy who apparently got banned for just posting a pastebin.

What pastebin, if I may ask?

For stuff like Golden Lion, which can make Diplomacy based counters. You don't take Skill Focus, because it's shit, and if you do want to take it you take it as the human alternate racial that gives you three Skill Focuses. You can buy an item that grants +5 to a single skill for 2,500.

Mods only give a shit after about 10pm PST. Rather, I think one specific mod is active in those hours and specifically monitors /pfg/.

Have any of your characters used djezet skin armor or psychoactive skins? Or, have you played an aegis using astral skin? How did NPCs react to your character?

What item is that?

THAT pastebin.

Which one is that?

Oho, THAT one, I know which one

I don't actually know, which one was it really?

2 jag-offs from that dragon game ERPing each other.

can we not?

Lich with fake skin as armor might be cool

I was gonna be coy, but this guy went and ruined everything. Yell at him.

That's just the general cost of a +5 skill item. Eyes of the Eagle, Goggles of Minute Seeing, Boots of Elvenkind, Gloves of Larceny, Healer's Gloves, Cloak of Elvenkind.

It'd be a custom one since a +5 Diplomacy only item doesn't exist.