Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

How do you play Eastern characters in Pathfinder? In a cool way? A cute way?

Avowed Playtest 1: drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Avowed Playtest 2: docs.google.com/document/d/1rV7kaF9JL2gw9xQalkEnlEDL9WXtbsaCqNABm_pLIgc/edit?usp=sharing

Spheres of Might previews:
Part 1: docs.google.com/document/d/1aLaYQEFAWU4zQBx58boJPPaySLgJc0Emmw9eKyIJeGI/
Part 2: docs.google.com/document/d/1pyLq03W2ju58PcKOUq5YXoFowf_weBNzuWtjCMdINXk/edit
Part 3: docs.google.com/document/d/1-LAt9Ti5pcnvHY4KnFRuItCjqtGM-YJC5r_0zXiKKUk/edit
PS: Outdated, playtest should be out next week but that's not a promise.

Bloodforge Infusions updated playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1GvwMclLSw15slYI7D5xLdjMzr-Nau92hNha9Sx0LOk4/edit#

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/71197/spheres-of-might-unofficial-playtest-the-harrowing-modified
youtube.com/watch?v=Wy75Ys0IBgk
app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/4783380/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

If I were to play a character that is specifically asian, I'd probably have to make them a FOOOOLISH SAMURAI WARRIOR.

By throwing the character sheet in the trash and starting over with a western character.

Gotta get back, back to the East.

WIELDING A MAGIC SWORD

What's the verdict on Ironfang Invasion going by the Player's Guide?

user... He lost the sword.

Oh shit didn't know that was up, going to get it right now.

fuck

STEPPED FORTH TO OPPOSE--

--shit.

It ain't fuckin' Tia hobs. Wgaf? Big oppurtunity lost there.

In a warsaw-pact way.

I will be running a Spheres of Might playtest game once the full playtest is released soon. Since N. Jolly would prefer "mid-range" optimization rather than high-end optimization, I have implemented some measures and restrictions to better enforce such a power level for characters.

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/71197/spheres-of-might-unofficial-playtest-the-harrowing-modified

Of note is that the schedule has opened up. In UTC+0, these are the available time frames:

• Sundays: 11:00 P.M. to 11:59 P.M.
• Mondays: 12:00 A.M. to 11:00 A.M.; then 11:00 P.M. to 11:59 P.M.
• Tuesdays: 12:00 A.M. to 2:00 P.M.; then 11:00 P.M. to 11:59 P.M.
• Wednesdays: 12:00 A.M. to 2:00 P.M; then 11:00 P.M. to 11:59 P.M.
• Thursdays: 12:00 A.M. to 2:00 P.M.; then 11:00 P.M. to 11:59 P.M.
• Fridays: 6:00 A.M. to 2:00 P.M.

Additionally, I have opened up a thread in the Roll20 listing for general interest.

It's also made by the same person that gave us Wrath of the Righteous, Book 1.

Which explains why the cover looks like a Player's Guide for a Sargavan campaign more than a Nirmathan one.

Bizarro world time

Puella isnt a lewd game, just Berserk with monstergirls.

WHATS YOUR APP

It's all too likely I wouldn't.

Unless they're A MONGOL.

No change.

But your art has visible labia and nipples!

... have to check, those times are cutting it close if UTC...

>Berserk
>Not lewd

Stupid sexy lesbians.

Fair enough. This one or the one on the app, then.

Literally the exact same thing, though possibly with a male character instead.

You should be dead my dude.

She isn't a lesbian!

I'm playing a campaign where my character was set up as a member of a race that was being hunted down by paladins.
We're like 17 sessions in and we still haven't had a encounter with any of them.

What do you feel like wyvarans should look like?

What about kobolds?

What is your character afraid of, /pfg/? Is it a particular kind of creature? A place? Something more personal or abstract?

Man, these traits are all really cool. Happy to see that they've avoided mass combat. Tons of detail to work with here, fantastic player guide even for recent years.

Now to see if the actual book is shit.

I really like your character, she's a tough bitch and a badass with huge soft potential!

>still have to be a fuccboi
Still won't playtest

She will be

>not getting jealous about all those other monsters paladins are giving their attention to
>not hunting down paladins to force them to confront you

youtube.com/watch?v=Wy75Ys0IBgk

>have to log into paizuri account to acess players guide
>forgot password
>try to reset
>no fucking email
>it's been thirty minutes
Fuck, can I get a tl;dr on traits or something?

Kobolds are ugly little lizard things and Wyvarans are oversized kobolds.

Only one correct answer.

He's afraid of silver, people discovering his identity, and being eaten.

The complete annihilation of his culture and everything he has ever known being destroyed.

1/2

So is Mystic Assault actually playable? I was thinking of making an archer-caster of some sort.

He's afraid of losing his loved ones!

please define playable

>wyvarans
a mistake
>Kobolds
like runty dragons with long tails and bony facial features. virtually no sexual dimorphism save for females have slightly wider hips

>being rendered powerless
>the inevitability of his life love falling into the arms of someone else.
>what he's going to do with himself afterwards

2/2

SH@ THA R@

Dying without ensuring a legacy
Failure

Just because you go for monster and futa dick doesn't mean you aren't a dude playing a lesbian.

>The aesthetic under which I GM places a heavy emphasis on cute anime girls, as well as cute and effeminate anime boys. To that end, you can safely expect all humanoid-shaped NPCs to be cute anime girls and cute and effeminate anime boys, and for many monsters to take on the appearances of cute anime monstergirls and cute and effeminate anime monsterboys. I would like for all players to create PCs who are, in fact, cute anime girls or cute and effeminate anime boys.

>To be clear, "cute anime girls" and "cute and effeminate anime boys" do not necessarily mean characters who are in their race's equivalent of 14 or less years. They can certainly include characters in their race's equivalent of 15 or more years, possibly even buxom anime girls.

>Expect many a shamelessly anachronistic aesthetic in terms of clothing and architecture.

Thanks dude.

Man, 2hu should just kill himself already.

Worth a feat for a mid-caster?

Fuck those fucks fucked it up. Where the fuck is my Tian love?

What do you mean?

You're a disgrace.

Not even actual dogbolds, but just weeb 'human with dog ears'.

0/10, apply yourself.

>I would like for all players to create PCs who are, in fact, cute anime girls or cute and effeminate anime boys.

Who fucking talks like this

The hobgoblins in the new AP. So easily could have been cool.

Weeb aside, it was only around 3E that they became lizards, right?

If you take the follow up and the energy blade destruction talent its pretty solid, its like being a Magus if you're a ranged char cause rapid shot.

its also got utility beyond that but i'd argue without rapid shot its garbage

Yeah, Kaoling's great and all, but how the fuck could they have gotten all the way to Nirmathas, and more to the point, why would they bother when they've got more juicy targets right nearby?

someone with actual autism

We knew from the start that they weren't Tian hobbus, it takes place in Nirmathas.

>Tian's
>in Nirmathas
>Where there's not eve a direct route to or from Tian Xia into the place
Unless your character has a REALLY DAMN GOOD reason for being all the way out of the way in such a foreign land, and you can actually play said character and motivation well, you probably shouldn't be playing as a Tian.

Go back to your home nation, kill the Hobs there

No. They were always scaly little faggots, it's just that the Jap translator read "dog-like head" as "head of a dog".

But user, what if he don't want no trouble?

Nah dude, they needed to focus on a fabricated enemy in a place that already has in-setting foe potential because nobody wants to play as slant-eyes gooks in their liberal fantasy power hour!

They were described as having 'doglike' faces, but were ugly goblin-like bastards. They were never actually dogpeople at all.

They weren't "lizards" in that they weren't anthro, but they were always scaled mutant goblin things with muzzles. Japs read the muzzle bit, and went one way with it, while westerners doubled down on the scales.

Before D&D though, they were just germanic sprites no different than goblins or gnomes

Well, the traits actually look pretty good. In particular, most of them are useful for both martials and spellcasters, and since there's a fairly wide set of them, the ones that have a specific history aren't as annoying as in other APs.

But user, are you saying a Tien does not have a right to be in Nirmathas?

What, are you going to say they shouldn't have Mwangi either, or half-Orcs shouldn't be in LotLK?

Don't push me cuz I'm close to the edge.

Fucking lawful orcs. Shit. Pure shit. Fuck all that noise. We finally had a chance to make hobs interesting.

He has as much right to be there as the player making the character has the actual effort and skill to give him a proper and sensible reason to be there.

Now shoo, your bait is stale

Again, nobody wants to play in Tian Xia because that's a filthy xenophobic land of shitlords where everyone are Chinese and they can't give a reasonable reason to include Dwarves or Tieflings!

>tieflings
Fiends are everywhere my nigga. If there are people there, there can be tieflings.

>implying that Chinese people are better at not fucking demons than the rest of us

The same.

Oh boy

>you get tieflings from sex
Nice meme.

Tieflings are literally defined as "humanoids with fiendish ancestry".

Where do you think ancestry comes from?

Point is there's a reason exactly one campaign has Tian Xia in it and it's a goddamn case of Mighty Whitey, Paizo hates Asians because they don't fit their carefully constructed narrative.

Try not to lose your head.

Oniblood and whatever..some midget fucking retards. How about all them eastern archetypes people keep trying to shoehorn in cuz there ain't a proper origin for them?

Tieflings can be the result of a fiendish deal or just general magical fuckery. You don't necessarily have to be genetically related to a fiend to be one.

Fiend shit is like magical agent orange or some shit.

But demon fucking is better.

*Butt demon-fucking
FTFY

And there isn't a proper origin because Paizo just sorta threw them in there because fuck it.

AHAHA NODACHIS ON EVERYONE

My point exactly. Who the fuck wants to play kensai, samurai, ninja or kunoichi withoit hopping thru backstory hoops.

Literally the same.

>Not naginata

>implying those things NEED to be eastern to work

Kensai is just an unarmored magus
Samurai is just a dude on a horse who's hard as fuck instead of being teamwork oriented
Ninja/Kunoichi, you're a rouge who learned how to tap into Ki manipulation powers.

>How do you play Eastern characters in Pathfinder? In a cool way? A cute way?

Former Amanandar militia member imprisoned for some serious crime like offing some loser, gets out and goes full-mercenary thug with caravans and shit to wind up wherever he or she has to wind up for the campaign.

>Cool
It's a Magus

>Cute
It's a 15 year old girl

user, stop culturally appropriating their classes.

app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/4783380/

>someone actually playing a blinkling

Is she a good dog?

He's afraid of disappointing the Inheritor. He's also afraid of hurting his waifu.

Yeah and that is pissy well great. Explain katanafags and shurikenfags. I'm just saying, Tian hobs would gave opened up whole new memefaggotry.