JumpChain CYOA Thread #1394: Maximum Smug Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

goboiano.com/the-14-popular-dere-types-in-every-anime/
pastebin.com/u26SLK0X
docs.google.com/document/d/1rg_ebCDDrdFhHW-y5PtYWRCJMXrF3i1fSl9Mmm8FTn0/edit?usp=sharing
twitter.com/AnonBabble

What does your jumper do for St. Patrick's Day?

So, jumpers.

We talked a lot about being faithful to those we love. But how possessive are you?

Turn the sky green during the day, and the Moon green during the night.

Hm. Wanted to leave this in the last thread, but I was a bit too late. Apologies.

>One, citation please.
Exalted Core, page 81. The end of mortal character creation.

>Two, I think you are reading a section about starting your (PC) character is a mortal in a prologue.
It's not quite for prologues (preludes are a different thing), as much as it is for converting any mortal into an exalt in play.

>That is so going from mortal to exalted in play does not cost you, the player, starting charms.
This still holds though, as it is intended for PC.

>Three, the books are inconsistent (and even PC backstories) on that matter. the starting charms a PC has can be stuff they got by initial exaltation. Or they could have just manifested one the few they needed to survive whatever made them exalt, and developed the rest after exaltation but before the campaign started.
Charms are rarely ever mentioned directly in character fluff anyway.

And what PC backstories? Those are up to the player anyway. Do you mean the 'can have been exalted for a day or a year' bit for a starting character?

>Fourth no, NPC's and PC are NOT treated the same. PC's have XP for one, which in not tracked for NPC's. They have their stat block, regardless of if it would be legal for a PC.
...No, that's what I just said. They don't track XP. That's the ONLY difference between a NPC character and a PC.

Tell you what... If you can point me at even one example of any character having less than the starting amount of charms, I'll concede the point to you. Sound reasonable?

No comment on the non-charm stuff though? That seemed much more interesting to me.

Magically put a harmless green filter in front of the sun, so that everything's green for the-

DAMNIT.

...why am I always late?

Finished version of Shokugeki no Soma.

Knock yourselves out. This is jumpable.

I'll look into adding more OC content later, but this is basically the core I wanted to setup.

Someone in Persona is just going to get a heart attack, user.

Party, probably. Is there a point to drinking if there is no hangover, I wonder.

Heh. You guys are great. Reading!

Awesome.

Excellent now to get some devil booty.

This is true. You know when I first wrote the perk, I never thought people would take advantage of Self-duplication the way they have. It's interesting to see, and also slightly worrisome.

...alright, so. I just noticed that I jumped the gun really hard and forgot to include a canon character update. As well as remove the limit on Longinus purchases.

Whoops. I'm gonna go do that now. Uh. Leave any other suggestions on this post while I'm touching that bit up.

Why do the Longinus have a mandatory drawback? Isn't finding them supposed to be a huge deal for everyone? Why should anyone notice or suspect you if you don't display anything out of the ordinary?

>Not Very Bodacious [+200]
You son of a bitch, I love you.

>Someone in Persona is just going to get a heart attack, user
?

Well, I mean... Green moon is bad times there.

>Not Very Bodacious
Not really worth 200cp.

From a romantic standpoint? Not at all. It would be ridiculously hypocritical of me to get all worked up about my wives/girlfriends/whatever sleeping around when I am a not insignificant amount of manwhore. As a result, we have a don't ask; dom't tell policy. It mostly works.

From a physical standpoint, even though they are functionally immortal, the easiest way to get on my bad side is to hurt them

It's possible to sense if someone has a Sacred Gear in them, especially if it's a powerful one. That's why Raynare kills Issei at the beginning of the series, she doesn't know what he's got but she knows it's a threat. Kind of foolish of her, if she had taken the time to investigate further she could have extracted Boosted Gear for her own use, instead she killed him because "fuck this kid, I'm not going to spend any more time than I need to on him". Anyways, presumably supernatural agents would be able to sense your Sacred Gear, even if they wouldn't know what it was.

user, when I say "green", I mean straight up emerald green. They're not going to mistake that I hope.

Not very. I wouldn't be a good person if I was a possessive shitbag and acted on it.

Okay, let's try this again.
0.2: Removed mandatory drawback and limit on Longinus purchases, added canon character purchase.

Noticed is a minor drawback and it doesn't really fit into the price scheme of the perk. Besides, if you've got one, people are going to sense in in-setting normally. Fiat enforcing it is kinda silly, in hindsight.

>The final two Longinus, Innovate Clear and Telos Karma, have yet to be revealed. Should that day eventually come during your stay, you may purchase them with this option as well
I understand why you put this here, but it seems kind of silly as written. They're presumably going to "be revealed" during your stay, because you're not "staying" in a world bound to the conventions of a random manga somewhere, and thus not limited to a reader's viewpoint. It might be better to come up with some OC, or at least put this passage in the notes, which is less egregiously immersion-breaking.

Reminder that the best way to go through this jump is to turn yourself into a rat and secretly puppeteer another student.

But yeah, it looks interesting and I intend to read through it more thoroughly in a little bit.

>Fiat enforcing it is kinda silly, in hindsight.
Not him, but I just kind of assumed that people would have detected something in your background, before you got any concealment perks. Kind of immaterial, regardless.

Neat. I don't think I'd purchase more than one Longinus, I can't really afford it outside of my unofficial Daydream Chain where I have infinite CP and never actually write down my build. But it's nice to have the option. I'm sure someone will use it, probably.

>tfw when I left that name on

Holy shit I'm salty, Fairy Tail is such a shitshow. I really don't know why I read that crap any more. The third strongest enemies just killed himself because Marashima couldn't find another way of dealing with him, and I bet the other two are gonna get the usual friendhip package.

wat

Awesome, thanks for doing this!

Does the Choicest Cuts item also work for seafood?

Yes

I think I Send My Sword is a really cool perk. the ability to know who could be a major figure in history if granted power is something that has a lot of subtle but useful applications.

Wait, isn't that the best way to do every jump?

if you think There is a best way you're doing it wrong.

What do you have against Red, bancho? You just described her style to a T.

>a lot of subtle but useful applications.
List some of them, plz. All I can think of is using it to find people who will be important.

Explain further, but I'll go ahead and theorize, the mangaka is incapable of focusing on anything that's not fanservice at this point so he's rushing it.

Extremely. Being yandere is one of my flaws.

Surprisingly little fanservice compared to it's worse actually. Pretty sure it's likely either him having the same poor pacing as ever, since there's lots of hyped fights that ended instantly in shit ways like this before OR it's a bleach thing and they're cutting the manga soon so he has to get to the final fight sooner then planned.

And now you know how a certain someone felt.

If it's a Bleach thing I hope that doesn't become a trend, might hit something that's actually good eventually.

Okay, yes, that's the only thing it actually does. But what I mean is that I can think of a lot of uses for that information. Like granting people power so they have the potential to be important, then taking it away from them at a critical moment so as to break them. Or finding someone who can be important and shaping them to be your tool while they're still inconsequential, so that when you empower them they'll be loyal to you. Stuff like that.

How many of the DC jumps have perks that let you pull off a secret identity with just a pair of glasses?

Arrowverse and G:tAS.

Rolled 1 (1d8)

177 Neverwinter Nights
Mask of the Betrayer
Divine
Yuan-ti Pureblood -100
Age 72
Communion, Divine Blessings(Channelling)-200, Arcane Pact(Fey Warlock)-400, Eater of Spirits -600,
Wallet, Priestly Garb, Amulet of the Gods Favoured -200, Scroll Collection -200,
A Dreadful Case of Protaganism +0, Spirit Eater +300, Choo Choo, Mother +200, Curse of the MMO! +100, Camera Issues +100,
Well, it's time to put my fancy eyes and transportational abilities to the test as I have a soul to find. One of mine even. Still, not much difficulty in getting this job done. A dimension of caves and tunnels.
Mask of the Betrayer: Nibbler of Spirits
Continue
1 F.E.A.R.
2 Kamen Rider Ryuki
3 Captain N the Game Master
4 Dragonball Multiverse
5 Disgaea
6 XMen Movies
7 Gargoyles
8 Spider Man trilogy

which kind of dere is it where she wants you to smack her around?

f.e.a.r. yay. I'll need a new 1.

Sadere-masochism

Siren: Blood Curse

Sounds about right.

Reference
goboiano.com/the-14-popular-dere-types-in-every-anime/

been there, got the eye tricks to prove it.

Well I tried this last thread but it didn't exactly work out. I am looking for suggestions for what jumps to add to my list of jumps to roll for. Here is a list of what I have taken pastebin.com/u26SLK0X and here is how the list stands so far. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

1. Stranger Things
2. Persona
8. Free Choice.

Kekkai Sensen

Gravity Falls

Shovel Knight.

Dark Souls
Dark Souls 3
Demon Souls
Bloodborne
Armored Core.

From pls ensure the upcoming DLC doesn't suck like the first one.

Wow awesome, Thanks. Ok everything will be added and the extras will be put in reserve.

Tron System Jump

Looking for some perk and Warehouse suggestions
Pet comment if you have any ideas or something you want that I missed

docs.google.com/document/d/1rg_ebCDDrdFhHW-y5PtYWRCJMXrF3i1fSl9Mmm8FTn0/edit?usp=sharing

queued

Tron style warehouse mod that lets you alter your warehouse within its current setup via touching the floor and using an interface that comes up like you were flynn. Lets you move, situate, and flip through your current warehouse mods on a digital display.

92. Young Justice
Origin: Drop-In, Race: Human, Age: 11
Skills: Manipulative, Stealthy, Smooth Talker, Gum Up The Works, Removed From Context
Super Powers: Most Common Superpower, Required Secondary Superpowers, Drain No, Incomprehensible, Toggle
Items: Costume
Drawbacks: Just A Sidekick, Never A Dull Moment

I wish to Super Powers responsibly, and this is the best way to do it. Jumpchan picked me a world of trouble for it, but I don't mind all that much. I like keeping busy.

The real problem is that no one actually listens to me, except when they need a good source of encouragement. Which is all the time because we're all fucking exhausted. I keep up the teams spirit and am the official group healer/anti-mage. My attacks cut through magic and I still have JAM, and that turns the table on most magic-based enemies. I can't solo Klarion or anything, but the Helmet of Doctor Fate took a few more years to graft itself to a new host. I feel bad for Aquagirl, but she was going to die and this seemed a decent way to put her extended time to good use.

I mostly took advantage of Not Dumb Luck, Dumb Skills, Slapstick, Numb-Minding Brilliance, and other underestimation/dumb but successful perks to actually get changes going. Robin noticed how "lucky" I was, but he was always too distracted by the mission to take advantage of it.

I do a terrible job at being possessive. Most of my "relationships" are just two people repeatedly seeking each other out for comfort or excitement, combined with a strong friendship. Like, when I do hook up with someone I'll still try and play matchmaker with them, and have a couple times used "You two fuck like you'd be good at fucking each other" as a reason for people to get together. The only exceptionally long-term thing is Zeke, and in that case we're more like comfort food after a break-up or bad night on the town.

A "User" perk that allows you to manipulate the "data" within jump documents so you have more build freedom.

...that would be horribly broken.

It's bait, user. He's asking because he's gonna start bitching about a jumpmaker at any moment.

Yeah, gonna take that and add a few bits of data to my starting CP, just a few zeroes.

You were one digit off from having...septiles? Is that what they're called? I mean, you got quads, but still.

There's always "Creative Mode" over on SB. I'm sure Heavens can tell you all about it.

Oh, come on. You know damn well not all jumps are flawless masterpieces.

>Jumper spams forbidden techniques that decrease the user's lifespan because they only have to survive for 10 years

And why do you need a perk to let you rewrite jumps when you can do it yourself?

Because only some of them are open to replacement.

It forms the basis of my jumper's entire powerset.

Pls don't nerf.

Red has him in her pocket. Of course he's going to nerf it.

They are only technically open for replacement. If anyone actually tried the thread would either not allow it outright or set impossible standards.

>Tron style warehouse mod that lets you alter your warehouse within its current setup via touching the floor and using an interface that comes up like you were flynn. Lets you move, situate, and flip through your current warehouse mods on a digital display.

Thanks that is just how I was looking to flesh out the Grid theme

Why did you decide to from +1500 cp to +1000 cp for the drawback limit? Cause holy shit there is a lot of stuff in this jump.

>Jumper spams dangerous forbidden techniques that decrease the user's lifespan because they're immortal

Not true. Sailor Moon got with barely a peep.

Which is a better Immortality effect? Zombie from 7DS or the option from Lost Odyssey? Only going to buy one and need to decide which.

You don't have to share your replacements with us, user. You can make a replacement for any jump you want.

IRC bullshit.

Looks good.

Do you have to buy Polar Star Dorm to become a member of it?

The Ultimate Shokugeki drawback is pretty cool.

He didn't. It was always +1000CP.

>Jumper spams forbidden techniques that are supposed to kill their user because they are both the author and the MC

Sssssh. They're ramping up for their hourly bitchfest.

Have a few drinks, because the tradition of the day demands it, serve up green pancakes, green eggs, and green ham for dinner. Then I usually head out to a dive bar and pick a fight with the biggest bastard in the place with all my perks turned off.

Raven dislikes this tradition, but is willing to patch me up and lecture me the next morning.

I try not to be too possessive considering the unique relationship structure my Companions and I share. It's not always the easiest thing to do, I'll admit. So, probably a 4/10 with occasional spikes depending on the situation.

It's bait, user.

They're getting themselves wound up to start a screamfest.

Yeah, buying your full perk-tree, you'd only have 200 CP left, and that's not even accounting for racial costs.

>Muh irc conspiracy.
It has been over 3 damn years do you guys never get tired of this?

I admit that I do like the idea but it would be broken.even as a capstone. Maybe word it so you can get one item from setting cp backed that is not in jump doc. perk would cost 600cp and in future the item you choose whether it be a sandwhich or spaceship would cost 600cp.

What do people think?

anything on the updated eve jump? I only need like, two ships.

Why am I the only one who seems to care about this? EVE is the king of of fuckheug ships and no jump is complete without an armada of ultramassive ftl capable vessels.

Are pure-blooded Devils stronger than Reincarnated ones?

You only need to buy it if you want to take the building with you. Otherwise feel free to join

That sounds stupidly meta and like an excuse to get something from another jump because you don't want to settle for less. That's dumb.

>Jumper spams lethal techniques because they used a literal interpretation of a drawback that said they were guaranteed to encounter a certain foe
>Since they have a drawback enforced encounter, they are fiat protected from dying before said meeting

The truth is out there.

People got a bit tired of huge ships after the Biggest Dickus formula was applied to the Asgerd.

Never put in stuff that alters other peoples jumps man. Its way too meta. Just give stuff from tron.

A tron building by programming perk would also be awesome, as in you program what you want and can digitize a hardlight construct of what you program.