ITT: we come up with soft comfy and cute ideas for our campaigns

ITT: we come up with soft comfy and cute ideas for our campaigns

>The day is way too hot, and you're short on cash, find ways to cool yourself off

>A PC got a sudden case of fever and should stay in the base for a while, other PC's take care of him/her

>There's rumours of a beatiful aurora appearing soon, but nobody knows when, but it'll be clearly visible even in the day, so you'll have to wait till it appears soon enough

>Rain is hitting the house and there's nothing really important to do, but recurring NPC's keep appearing saying that they were nearby and wanted to say hello while the rain subsides

>The local ruins are inhabited by small monsters that are peaceful, and would rather trade with the party for whatever relic they need instead of fight about it. A miniature town for small creatures can be explored and running small errands for them can be sufficient trade, as the monsters don't value gold or weapons.

>A young version of a large, powerful monster has lost its way, and the party must find a way to bring it back to its family.

>The party is in a normal tavern or shop, but are somehow magically shrunk to the size of mice. They have to find a way to cure themselves.

>There's a festival going on today, the party can engage in various contests to win small prizes and gather rumors.

>campaign taking place entirely in a comfy house in the Japanese countryside
>players are all 10 year old girls
>campaign is a cute girls doing cute things anime
>final session is the towns summer festival
This would honestly be cute af.

bump

but... is it a game?

>A big, sleepy dragon rests deep beneath the city. Every decade he lumbers out of bed, lights an enormous bonfire in the center of the city, and eats the delicious food the people gathered for him. Then he goes back to sleep.

Oh, I have some preliminary notes from a past thread on Veeky Forums:

How would you make a campaign about a little orphan girl searching for her parents in a fantasy world? Can you make it so

she's the PC or must you be the adult that guards her around?

The players are Fair Folk tasked with helping her find her parents.
They are invisible to everyone but animals, infants and powerful magic users and they have limited ways to interact with the

world.

As a side note, the most adorable game I've ever played was "The Wizard is missing! You, as his animal friends - An owl, a

cat, a dog and a badger - must find a way to save him."

Kinda crossing into Veeky Forums territory here but I really want a fantasy story about a girl travelling a fantasy world.

I'd do it like Labyrinth or James and The Giant Peach or any of those movies where its a kid and their party of weird

sidekicks seeking something. One PC is the girl, and the others are The Bird Knight and Twindles the the cowardly goblin and

shit like that.

I love this.
Don't even tell the players up front. Let them find out the hard way that nobody can see or hear them and that they can't

interact with physical objects or people (punching a guy in the face results in him feeling a random breeze, if anything at

all) except this one orphan girl who can see them.
And then they have to find out why they are like they are.
Well, wait. They need to be able to save some kind of interaction with things in order to help this loli out. Maybe she can

touch things and doing so allows the PCs to hold/interact with the things?

Maybe they have an ability to interact with particular things that fall under their "domain". Like one fairy can talk to

animals, another can affect peoples moods, etc. The abilities could also be potentially powerful, but extremely specific.

Essentially the quest would consist of puzzles revolving around using their very limited abilities in creative ways.

Wow, crap. I didn't think Notepad would copy over so poorly. My bad.

Not yet it isn't.
I think we can fix that.
Assuming it's combat free, how would it play mechanics wise? I'm assuming there'd be a focus on small but very richly detailed environments, as well as interacting with the various townsfolk.

The Aurora one shouldn't just be about waiting. Find a good spot and reserve it. People are already laying down picnic blankets hours early...

I love these kind of things.

Mind if I steal all of them? Haha

These are really good because they can be readily inserted into *any* game pretty much.

These are a bit setting specific but still quite good as an interruption to normal affairs after some intense arcs.

I am not playing a Slice of Life *campaign* and I think seriously wanting to do so is a sign you need to reassess your social life. Something like Ryuutama where it ain't about violence is fine, but Ryuutama still provides some of the high stakes, conflict and adventure missing from modern life. If what you are missing in your life is hanging out with friends and doing stupid inane things, I feel for you, but it would be healthier for you to try and solve your deficit IRL.

If, against my advice, you really want this shit habbening in your life, consider that Azumanga Daioh RPG and its hacked variants, since that was the end result of RPG design by someone in that mindset.

Use golden sky stories!

dude, I play that shit for killing and looting, not to be comfy

>A party members familier or pet has disappeared during the night and its up to the party to find it. Will likely be found behind a butchers shop eating the scraps.

>A blind man has gotten lost and needs someone to guide back home.

>Theres a festival in progress with various contests of skills, games and treasure hunts, and a few fun prizes to win.

>Several books are overdue and the kindly overworked librarian needs help to get them back.

>A baby dragon is snoozing in the village blacksmiths furnace and he refuses to get out.

>The ghost of a dog is haunting a vilage graveyard, will only stop once his remains is buried in the same spot as his masters.

>A wizard has accidentally transformed himself into an owl and needs help transforming back, hopefully before his female owl familiar gets anymore erogenous.

>A village is being terrorized by the howls and screams of some giant monster and asks the party for help. The monster is actually friendly but has a terrible toothache because a magic weapon somehow got stuck in its teeth.

>A wizard got tired of carrying his heavy speelbook everywhere, hes the young man he used to be, so he enchanted som legs onto it. Problem is now runs around everywhere and he needs some help catching. It also doesnt help he had it enchanted with more anti-detection spells and magical enhancements than he can remember.

>An escaped fire and water elemental are playing a mix between hide and seek and tag. Causing chaos everywhere they go, much to the annoyance of the populace and the local constable.

>heavy SPELLbook
>hes NOT the young man he used to be.
theres tons of other mistakes.
the lesson here kids and anons is to always proofread your posts.
now excuse me while i go and sniff some glue.

I love the idea of having to figure out a way to coax a baby dragon out of the furnace while the blacksmith is tapping his foot impatiently

can I transform both owls into people

This reminds me of Kyousougiga
Fuck the beginning was so cute, I need to finish the last few episodes.

>I am not playing a Slice of Life *campaign* and I think seriously wanting to do so is a sign you need to reassess your social life. Something like Ryuutama where it ain't about violence is fine, but Ryuutama still provides some of the high stakes, conflict and adventure missing from modern life. If what you are missing in your life is hanging out with friends and doing stupid inane things, I feel for you, but it would be healthier for you to try and solve your deficit IRL.

But... user would be playing the game with his group?

well... i guess.
i think the lady in question would still have the mind of an owl though so... might be a suboptimal solution

>A dragon has claimed ownership of a local village. The villagers don't seem to mind.

A lord is a lord. At least the dragon isn't likely to burn down a village it owns.

Faggot.
That seems perfect for it. It makes me happy that someone else out there thought it was a good idea too.

>A PC got a sudden case of fever and should stay in the base for a while, other PC's take care of him/her
That sounds like something out of a Twilight 2000 game