Your party discovers a robe of the archmage

>Your party discovers a robe of the archmage
>But it's cursed and transforms everyone who wears it into an incredibly sexy girl

What do?

Other urls found in this thread:

desuarchive.org/tg/thread/51473352/#51492929
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Remove Curse

Your shitposting is casual. I give it a 3/10.

Remove Curse. Also our wizard is female anyway.

I stop playing and ask the DM what the fuck

My 50 years old wizard lady wears it and is happy?

>The spell backfires, turning the entire party into cute girls

Remove Curse can't really backfire. Even if it somehow does, you just remove curse again.

"cursed"

Wear it anyway.

My character's already an incredibly sexy girl, because if you've got access to PaO, why not give yourself a lot more comeliness points?

Get out.

>Whole party is sexy girls
>Only exception is the fuckboy healslut
I don't think we'll have an issue

Ask the DM not to put his fetishes into the game.

I kill my DM.

I try to dump his whale-like carcass in the lake but I can't move it and I don't want the papertrail that goes with renting a dump truck to carry him so I just leave it.

Nobody notices.

Pretty sure most wizards that are actually serious about arcane knowledge don't give that much of a shit about what they're packing between their legs. It's all about that UNLIMITED POWAH

Did this thread really need anyone to post in it? We all could have just ignored it.

I remind my DM that he can't just make up rules.

How powerful is this transformative effect?

Would it effectively conceal my characters spookiness?

> Veeky Forums
> Ever ignoring bait

Yes
Because Veeky Forums has to tell people how much it hates something even if doing so keeps it alive long enough for people who like it to show up

Veeky Forums has a long history of turning bait threads into something actually somewhat worthwhile.

Remove curse, or if I'm playing with a rando, leave the GM's magical realm.

This shit thread already has more posts than many better ones, solely because Veeky Forums has too many of its worst posters and ever fewer of its better ones.

A solid third of these are probably OP bumping himself til someone responds. Either way this is /v/-tier shitposting and if you faggots aren't saging and reporting you are the cancer.

No, that stopped being a thing a long, long time ago. Partly because of the increased bump limit, partly because of the catalog, and mostly because only idiots like yourself would pretend that it still ever happens, when at best it's a shitty thread turns into a less shitty thread while good threads get bumped off the board. More often than not, it's just a shitty thread gets more shitty while idiots try to derail it, and the troll gets a huge ego boost as the post number climbs.

It's a myth at this point. Report and ignore, and don't try to salvage shit threads. Put your efforts into salvaging good threads instead.

>while good threads get bumped off the board.
If they were on the last page, either they weren't good or they were generals that hit their bump limit hours ago.

So either way they weren't good.

>No, that stopped being a thing a long, long time ago.
I'd argue it's more due to that people stopped trying and overagressive moderation chased off many creative anons

>while good threads get bumped off the board.
If it's a good thread, what's it doing at page 11?

Veeky Forums has a turnover rate of about three hours during the day. That doesn't take much for a good thread, or a thread with a lot of good potential, to sink away.

And, if you want to try and say that a thread's quality is determined by how many replies it gets, you're really just falling into nothing but a troll's mindset and encouraging more stupid/troll threads.

>or a thread with a lot of good potential
That's the thing. On Veeky Forums, any thread has good potential.

>the DM can't just make up rules
Well that's where you're wrong, friend.

Not that I condone the scenario in the OP or the reply but...

Does a mind flayer still have to eat brains if he's turned into a hot human lady?

>If it's a good thread, what's it doing at page 11?

Being ignored because Veeky Forums keeps wasting its time with bait and trolls. There's a lot of luck involved into whether a thread manages to catch the right people's interest at the right time, and there's plenty of times where a really cool idea falls off the board through no fault of its own.

Hell, right now, we could be having a fun game discussion, but instead I have to educate you so you stop perpetuating these awful myths.

Then why bump a bait thread when you can bump an actually good one? If they all have potential, avoid the bait and bump the threads worth bumping.

>DM can't just make up rules
Have you ever played a Veeky Forums game?

I'd actually argue what makes a thread good is the discussion, not the subject matter

Then why bump a bait thread when you can bump an actually good one? If they all have potential, avoid the bait and bump the threads worth bumping.

Yeah, though a lot of the fun in a game can be ruined if the GM arbitrarily makes up rules that he doesn't explain to the group.

For example, say I take 'Remove Curse' or 'Break Enchantment' with the idea that I can cure my friends. I'm doing that under the assumption that Remove Curse or Break Enchantment work the way it does in the book.

If the GM has a houserule where curses have strengths, and a powerful curse can backfire on you if you fail to remove it, or that Remove Curse only works on curses of X level or lower, I'd feel cheated that he didn't explain that to me when I selected to learn that spell out of all the other spells in the game.

Because more interesting discussion can come out of bait threads. At least as long as some asshole trying to enforce his vision of what Veeky Forums should be doesn't crash the thread and derail the discussion.

As you did not specify whether or not the robes has any powers but specified that it is cursed, I will not bother with this item as it is clearly not worth the effort unless a party member or I have need to become a woman.

>Because more interesting discussion can come out of bait threads.

That's pure and simple troll logic, the bullshit that trolls spew out so that people don't just report and ignore their threads.

You can catalog that along with all the rest of weak fallacies trolls come up with when they're trying to rationalize the irrational.

If you honestly, genuinely think bait threads provide more interesting discussion, you should leave Veeky Forums and head off to boards like /b/, /pol/ and the rest, and enjoy the endless amount of bait you'll find there.

And, you can enjoy looking upon what happens to a board when they embrace your personal view.

>Then why bump a bait thread when you can bump an actually good one?
I do bump good ones, as well as any one that contains discussion that catches my eye, it's just between the two RP threads, three with 0 replies (for good reason), couple of anime thread and a few about games I'm not interested in currently on the bottom of the catalog, I see no reason to bump them

/b/ and /pol/ don't have the creative spark that you find in a board full of roleplayers.

Female wizard puts it on?

She spends most of her time in the chest cavity of an iron golem anyway. This is largely irrelevant.

>this thread again

Fuck off, and remember to sage boyos

Sell it. I'm a fucking knight, I don't wear pajamas into battle.

Find a rich but ugly princess and sell it to her. She might have to blindfold her future husband when she disrobes (heh) but that's her problem.

Only specified 'incredibly sexy girl'. Said nothing of species or anything like that.
Do mind flayers have gender? I forget.
If not, well, the op clearly states 'transform', not 'gains the appearance' or whatever, so if they can't be a female mind flayer, they'd now be a different species with a different metabolism.
Might still get cravings for brains, though.

Though in that case, the issue isn't with the gm making shit up, it's with the gm being terrible at communication.

Auction in to OPs.
They'll devour each other for it.

>Do mind flayers have gender?
Technically, no, they're monogendered
But as a larva they're a brain parasite that takes over a humanoid body and turns it into an illithid, so it's not impossible for a mind flayer to have a huge rack and junk in the trunk

Hmm...
In that case, might be up to GM interpretation whether the illithid is now fully a different species without any mind-flayer traits, or if the body being possessed is now just displaying more 'female humanoid' traits.
So, depends on the...er....you know.

The point is that the characters can't possibly know the rules and workings of all forms of magic in the universe, and there are bound to be situations in which they encounter magic they are unfamiliar with. If the only magic that ever existed was only what is described in the back of the players' handbook, the world of the campaign would be a substantially more boring place.

This may make sense with the One Ring or whatever, but it's about a robe who turns people into sexy girls turning the whole party into sexy girls when they try using remove curse, and unless you're playing a ERP game with people you know very well that just comes off as forcing your fetish on the players

Unless maybe it was made by some CN god of Magic and Trickery.

Literally remove curse.
It has no mechanic for failure, ergo it doesn't 'backfire'.
The WORST it can do is, you know, no remove curse.
This is like saying that failing to turn on a flashlight turns it into a fucking grenade.

I know which group you belong to

> transforms everyone who wears it into an incredibly sexy girl
What is "sexy", though?
One man's curse, another man's blessing, yadda yadda.
You've gotta give me the baseline, and I'm not even asking for a bassline.

>Wear it anyway
Hey, power is power.

is that a permanent curse, or does it go away, when I take the rope off?

>incredibly sexy girl
>get cha bonus
>exploit it to become necromancer

A good point is presented here. We are not told if it's supposed to be sexy by the standards of whoever wears it or by the ideals of the person who created the item in the first place, which might lead to some rather undesirable results.

>Yfw the person who created the item only finds 300lb+ sloth-girls attractive

Joke on you my character is already an incredibly sexy girl !

Can i wear it in real life?

Just say its an artifact and the curse is a part of it's artifact effects. Those things are already known to backfire spectacularly when tampered with.

Sell it for loadsamoney?

Wear it, I am a wizard why do I give a shit how I look?

My first idea would be to pawn it at the nearest pocket of civilization, because it's hardly any better than what I'm already packing.

On second thought, I might want to put it in a gift wrap and plant into the rookie's room. It might give her a leg-up and more importantly it will finally settle one philosophical question we've been pondering.

>implying my wizard didn't already look like one

OH LOOK, another thread in the format ">a thing happened" that is off topic BY YOUR OWN REASONING.

desuarchive.org/tg/thread/51473352/#51492929

>Ask yourself "is the core of this fetish bait" and "could this happen in anew actually existent fairy tale (switch for genre appropriate classic if not fantasy)"
>is the core of this fetish bait
It looks a lot like fetish bait to me, but because I'm not the one who posted it, I'm sure this thread will never be deleted.

Whenever you say "your thread was deleted because it was fetish bait", THAT IS A LIE, because other people can post fetish bait threads all day every day and nothing bad happens to them.

L O D E S O M O N E

LOADSOFMONEY!

>BY YOUR OWN REASONING.
Fuck off faggot, Veeky Forums isn't one person.

>cursed

IMPLYING
M
P
L
Y
I
N
G

What could possibly go wrong?

My wizard throw it away as he already has the Robes of The Mad Archmage. I superior artifact version.

The correct answer is to make it sentient and have it glamour itself as people's clothes and then teleporting away after they wear it.

Far to fickle and chaotic for my Lawful driven character.

>incredibly sexy girl
>sexy
>girl
Call the police cause GM is a pedophile.

??????
I don't follow. Are you implying that "girl" refers only to females under the age of consent?

>everyone who wears it
>"a girl"

Unfortunate wording on the maker's part, as you could use it to combine individuals bodies and / or minds by draping it over more than one person.

> Unfortunate wording on the maker's part
>implying that's not the original intent
>implying wizards have the sense of right and wrong

so it's a dress that makes sexy monstergirls

>not a dress that makes sexy reverse monstergirls
pleb
Who said the giy wasn't into bestiality?

well, it does say sexy girl, and not sexy beast.

>female mage puts it on first
>no effect
>relaxing at camp later
>lizard crawls it's way into her robe
>instant lizard girl
>she doesn't notice
>party debates on who gets to tell her

>literally no downsides