philipsibbering.com/wh40k/11-00-bolter.shtml
youtube.com/watch?v=cQYp9fOJ9VI
youtube.com/watch?v=qnrsvUanLfU
youtube.com/watch?v=GYZq5frO4rk
youtube.com/watch?v=Xxi3w3Q866s
youtube.com/watch?v=1TA09JjBwZc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>250x187
Did you take that picture with a 20 year old cell phone?

Your goddamn right

COUNT THE PIXELS, COUNT THEM IN HONOR OF THE ANCIENT AND HOLY MACHINE SPIRIT

HAIL THE OMNISIAH!

>Click the image to enlarge it
>Oh.....

they looked more like dildos or buttplugs.

There

i tryed

Not to shit on your work, but aren't bolts supposed to have armor-piercing or explosive tips? Those seems a little too plain if you want constructive criticism

stick them in your peehole, for the emperor user

Thank you, i couldn't find anything to use as a tip.

They dont have a flared base so im afraid they will slip in.

I imagine you'd need to hollow and thread the tip to screw something else in, but I don't know if you have access to the kind of tools that requires. What did you use to make this out of curiosity? Base looks like a 12g shell but what about the main body?

just push them back out, you're a strong boy user

Also since there pistol bolts i think that they wouldn't have the diamond tip due to cost.

Frankly that gaping hole between my cheeks consume all. Its like my asshole is the event horizon in a black hole

I thought bolts were universal until you got to heavy bolters, or did they change that?

Wait, it's 40k, there's probably 8 different contradictory answers. Let's go with your explanation.

Have you tried your puckered sphincter?

Yes heavy bolters use 1.00 inch shells, bolters use 0.75. Plus theirs 1,000,000 (1000 chapters of 1000 brothers) space marines, and billions of impguard so all those commissars gotta shoot something. And dimondium or whatever the fuck plot metal bullshit they tip normal shells with aint cheap. That is basically my reasoning

P.S. I failed to mention there for a bolt pistol prop.

Yes, also it fits.

diamond is cheap to make even for us today.
I wouldn't think thats a limiting factor.

also the fluff specifically picks out bolt pistols as rare among non astartes because of high ammuniton and maintenance costs.

1. just posted reason for no tip
2. its a 10 gauge (high) brass because 10 gauge is .77 inch witch is the closest i could get to .75 without making a custom case
3. some mild steel i lathed to fit

Bolters are supposed to be rocket propelled grenades - so yeah, explosive rounds, but also gyrojet style shit.

I modeled the tip after the bottom one
also good job spotting the gyro jet tip!

>14:20
>4:20

bolts aren't pure gyrojet. they're more comparable to rocket assisted munitions.

They still have a relatively conventional initial charge that fires them, the rocket kicks in in flight for improved range, accuracy and stopping power.

Thats what the brass is for!

Whell this thread was fun but ill be back tomorrow!
Goodnight Veeky Forums!

LORE ACCURATE is difficult. I would go with 'plausible', the best case of is this one:
philipsibbering.com/wh40k/11-00-bolter.shtml
>The Bolter is not an assault rifle or sub-machine gun. In modern terms it has more in common with the 40mm Mk 19 automatic grenade launcher and the shoulder fired 25mm XM25, blended with an RPG such as the 66mm M72 LAW or 64mm RPG-18 and finally a dash of some gyrojet technology.

>projectile fully enclosed inside the casing

Oh Sibbering, when will you stop confusing people with your fanon?

Yes ive seen alot of clips (like boxes on storm bolters) filled to the front with brass but i thought it was just cuz it's easier to mold

First
>clips

Also they proyally adjusted the lore to fit the fact that it's easier to cast them that way

> In modern terms it has more in common with the 40mm Mk 19 automatic grenade launcher and the shoulder fired 25mm XM25, blended with an RPG such as the 66mm M72 LAW or 64mm RPG-18 and finally a dash of some gyrojet technology.

It's nowhere near an AGL or RPG though. Bolters have no shaped charges and aren't area weapons.

Wow I never knew I mom was a Warhammer fan. She kept one of these in the top drawer of her night stand.

Yeah i saw that two! (When i came over to fuck her)

Not a miniature hydrogen bomb, you failed.

>89x94
Am I getting tricked again?

Eh, only in appearance does the bolter resemble any of these weapons. In being cased, it resembles all the American stuff, while being a rocket the RPG. But it doesn't have the same explosive capabilities to all except the XM25.

Most bolter round are essentially 12 gauge sized rounds. So like youtube.com/watch?v=cQYp9fOJ9VI + youtube.com/watch?v=qnrsvUanLfU + youtube.com/watch?v=GYZq5frO4rk , except for heavy bolters which are one inch (so close to the 25mm), which would be youtube.com/watch?v=Xxi3w3Q866s + youtube.com/watch?v=1TA09JjBwZc

You guys are replying to a fanon which admits it doesn't conform to canon, mainly because it tries to make sense.
>My aim was to introduce a reasoned, and where possible scientific, premise with these concepts to illustrate the structure of the universe. In doing so, I also hope to reinforce the image, and horror, of the setting by making it harder to dismiss. I wanted the extreme nature of 40K to seem ‘reasonable’, even possible or go so far as to engender the feeling it could be probable. More can be found in my old forum signature disclaimer.

>Is Black Library fiction canon background material?
>The BL editors work with the GW studios to keep the fiction the way that it should (very hard might I add! – RK), though due to the sheer volume of detail involved there can be the odd discrepancy here and there. If you want to consider anything “canonical” then both BL fiction – be it novel, graphic novel, art or background book – and GW fiction – be it White Dwarf, Codex, Army book or rulebook – are such.
>Keep in mind Warhammer and Warhammer 40,000 are worlds where half truths, lies, propaganda, politics, legends and myths exist. The absolute truth which is implied when you talk about “canonical background” will never be known because of this. Everything we know about these worlds is from the viewpoints of people in them which are as a result incomplete and even sometimes incorrect. The truth is mutable, debatable and lost as the victors write the history …

That said, the thing in the link does have shaped charge, airburst and the bolts for the space marine bolters are 35-45 mm. The good thing in this is that the Philly dude doesn't look like it would make that silly mistake with land raider armor.

>most bolt are 12 gauge size rounds

bolt shells are .75 i used 10 gauge witch are .77 12 is .72

Bolts can be loaded into shotguns, as seen in Necromunda.

and are those shotguns 12 gauge? there does exist many 10 gauge shotguns you know.

No those are "bolt Rifles" there makeshift guns that are super illegal and will get ya executed (even harder than usual)

>clip

All hail Australian Satan, he even gets his trips upside down.

Found the /k/ikes

Why do you sully this thread with your bullshit?

all forms of categorization are manmade concepts purely for our own sake, and irrelevant to objective reality. Truly, what is the difference between a "clip" and a "ham sandwich"? What are these things but piles of atoms we have put into one category or another? If a clip is made of bread and ham, is it not also a ham sandwich? And if I shove my ham sandwich into my gun, does it not become a clip? There are no objective boundaries between these things, and so they are the same things.

>t.liberal arts major