Warhammer 40k General - /40kg/

If you play any of these shit armies, we will bully you to death Edition

Previous Thread
>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android.
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!z4wmmJyR!jTfwLczhdFjV0q6nowtGag!qgZhmAhK

>40k rules reference in wiki format.
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Latest GW teases
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW FAQs.
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>List organizer picture book
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Offline list builder
battlescribe.net/

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

Other urls found in this thread:

bloodofkittens.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/Tj-Lanigan-12th-Overall-Adepticon-2016.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Did somebody say feedback?

I can't bring myself to hate any ork player because they're normally a barrel of laughs to play against. Even if you end up stomping them. I unironically hope the army gets better in 8th.

As SM, is it worth allying in an Astra Militarum Platoon as a meatshield?

GW pls give us a new Armageddon campaign that includes formations and models for orks, and a set of formations for the Black Templars that don't require $120 in non-Templar models, as well as a plastic Grimaldus

No because your shit is always better.

Why have a meat shield when you can just pay for units that actually kill other things?

Because Tyranids are an apocalypse army. The larger the points the better Nids get

Exalted Sorcerer has a Force Weapon instead of a Force Sword and may replace
all of his wargear except for his Force Weapon and Aura of Dark Glory with Chaos Terminator Armor and an Inferno Combi-bolter for 25 points

Keep in mind this is the same price a normal sorceror pays, while the exalted does not gain the 5++ due to having it already

Tzaangors
All models have Auto-pistols and Chainswords by default
make them cheaper but dont take an option you can build with the kit (i.e. 2melee weapons) away. its bad for compatibility

Oh hey, I looked up rules for GT's and other tourneys like Ard Boyz and FW greater daemons are allowed to be used as generic greater dameons as long as they're on the 100mm base
I don't have to use shitty GW models!

Skitarii Vanguard are better screens than guard blobs

Do you really go to so many tourneys that it matters?

I'm not playing pick up games with a Kairos Be'lakor doublestar list

Vanguard aren't just screeners, they outright kill shit on their own.

Some people ONLY have tourneys as a viable local scene to play with. I know my area is mostly tryhards that literally do not enjoy casual play or unsanctioned matches.

I agree but with marines you can only really afford to kit out one squad with two calivers and another squad with arc rifles with the rest bare

With the way the power creep is recently i wouldn't be surprised if you had to.

All these new Cult Mech and Tzeentch players really don't understand and are confused when games against my Nids end in tabling by turn 3.

I might have to take 3 FHT and 2 Crones just to have games.

I feel sorry for those people.

Do whatever the fuck you want dude you play nids
If I fielded doublestar against Nids I would 100% let my opponent take an extra 500 points and if they didn't have it they could proxy with my own models

That's completely wrong though. Nids scale really badly at high points values.

They aren't so bad with GSC allies... :[

bloodofkittens.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/Tj-Lanigan-12th-Overall-Adepticon-2016.pdf

Isn't completely terrible if you want pure 'nids.

I echo though, GSC even if its just Purestrain spam is useful.

I never take less than 2 hive tyrants and a hive crone in any game.

>Isn't completely terrible if you're in the top 2% of godly Warhammer tacticians
Fixed that for you

desu 40k is kind of a braindead game half the time, especially in casual settings. Especially in ITC where the maelstorm objectives are castrated and standardized.

If you're not focusing on running the flying circus it isn't. Yes the flying circus at its point level is the most effective use of points and win games. It's also the most boring use of your points, but it wins.

However the apocalypse formations and the amount of points you get to just throw out. Especially at Dakka Carnifexes in broods. Their relics are less of a killing blow to your bottom line. You can actually justify the Swamlord and Tryon Prime without auto losing.

They're just boring units. Uninteresting play as you thumb your nose to units without Sky fire.

>mfw I love Screamers and Tzeentch daemons and sorcerers on discs and LoC and the Magnus model

>im a horrible powergaming faggot if I ever try to take them together

I know that feel.
Just don't take Magnus

To be fair Magnus is a Lord of War and you have to calm down and not blow that load everyday.

However doesn't everyone have a Knight now? Not even being sarcastic.

Maelstrom is terrible and you should feel bad if you like it.

I don't even have the model yet, but I playtested him and it made some folks salty as hell.

I accidentally have three knights and I didn't even mean to get Knights in the first place.

>And Tau, Necrons, Ad Mech and Eldar overlords look down upon the lower tiers as they fiddle their new play toy they're so fond of

So I should rather throw two units of Vanguards in a Skitarii Maniple and give each unit either Arc Rifles or Plasma Calivers? Anything else worth taking while I'm already fiddling with Skitarii? Ballistarii, Dunecrawlers?

Their stupid bi ped walkers are have a crazy damage potential, low price and super mobility.

Dune Crawler is the best AA in the game.

Dunecralwers are pretty great with either the Neutron Laser or Icarus Array. Depends on what you need though, if you need anything from them at all. Ballistarii are meh, Dragoons are pretty good though. It's pretty funny when they get locked in combat with units that can't hurt them.

Plasma Calivers are pretty powerful but they're expensive and have a pretty high chance to kill their user unless you're using Imperatives to boost the shooter's BS or have them in a dominus maniple for twinlinked shenanigans.

You know, I don't hate the eradication beamer vs infantry blobs. Obviously you can't kill a tank with it, but sometimes you know you're not against any tanks.

How's a Kill Team of Kommandos with Snikrot?

Also, Boss Snikrot was actually BUFFED in the 7e codex, unlike most other units.

It's not terrible, but generally I can put out enough hurt with just Vanguards or even taking the extra heavy stubber along with the Neutron laser to kill blobs pretty easily. Though if you know you aren't going up against anything with a lot of armor or toughness the beamer is probably a lot more point efficient.

Do you allow forge world rules in casual games?

Everyone says "but user, it's balanced and legal" if it's so balanced then why did you have to special order it from the UK when there are perfectly good models in your regular codex?

I play CSM and Blood Angels actually.

;_;

>if it's so balanced then why did you have to special order it

>implying 'vanilla' 40K is balanced to begin with

kek'd and checked

Cute sluts!

>6666

Shieeeeeeeeeeeeet chaos magic

>if it's so balanced then why did you have to special order it from the UK when there are perfectly good models in your regular codex?
Several codexes don't contain any Lords of War at all, other armies have either old or outright bad codexes populated almost entirely with useless garbage and have to look to forgeworld if they want to be equivalent to actual good armies.

I'm talking about stuff like the Sicaran and Storm Eagle.

these are nice quads

>when you are so new you don't know any of the old 40k meme characters

Because Rape-Murder-Torture Eldar are 2edgy and Chastity-Ritalin-WAAC Eldar are not edgy enough. But Pirate Eldar? Just right. Oh, so right.

You said "forgeworld", you didn't specify anything.

a friend of mine quit 40k, and let me have some of his models..

So, i've almost finished assembling the models in this list and about to run it for the first time on Friday. What do you all think? Any improvements?

I only see cute filthy sluts!

Doesn't the Cadian Battlegroup have to have one of the core formations?

I remember when an entire board would get triggered by simply mentioning memes. The fuck happened?

Yes, and the Tank Command is one of the mandatory choices. Taking it alone is fully legal, to my knowledge.

What is more unacceptable, a sicarian battle tank or Ynnari?

I thought you guys were meming that Nids are shit.

Jesus fuck, even the codex makes fun of them and all of the lore is just them losing over and over again.

Apparently you can take just one "command" choice and 0-3 core choices for each command choice. Which is... weird.

Yeah, exactly. Heavy AT for the list with no tax. Sounds good to me.

>Tau'nar Supremacy Suit gets added to TTS
>it looks like pure ass
a-at least I won't have to proxy it anymore

So a friend of mine is giving me his khorne daemons to paint and assemble his ultramarine army.

I'm getting 40 bloodletters, a deamon prince, and a bloodthirster plus the khorne deamonkin codex. Assuming I'm gonna play 1850, what would be a good next thing to pick up for tournaments?

Now try building a tyranid army list then come back and report your findings.

Riptide Wing

Tzaemons

thoughts?

Noted. How much do Captains/Chaplains pay for Terminator armor?

As far as Tzaangors go, it's either the Autopistols cost points and will therefore never be taken, or they don't cost points and they're always taken. One option is obsolete either way.

Why the two extra rangers in a squad?

had 25 points to spare

Drop the rangers for more vanguard, each vanguard should have 2x arc rifles+omnispex.

Destroyer better with plasma, and Sicarans with the Omniscience mask instead of Pater radium.

Why aren't you playing Age of Sigmar? If you care about balanced tournament games it is clearly the better choice compared to 40k right now.

Then spend them on more special weapons on the vanguards and maybe an omnispex.

Or drop them all together and take more vanguards.

Basically Vanguards are significantly better than rangers.

why arc rifles instead of plasma, wont that create problems against dudes with good armor saves? i mostly play against orks and guard so i genuinely dont know

>play Nids in AoS
>they are still shit
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW

Ynnari, a Sicaran is just a cool tank and something Chaos desperately needs while loyalists have stronger stuff anyway.

Having one squad of vanguards with plasma isn't terrible, it's just that the plasma calivers are expensive as hell and you've got the kataphrons to fuck up guys with good armor saves. Plus vanguards shit out wounds so at worst you just dump wounds on them until they fail their saves. If you're really worried about guys with good armor saves keep the grav on the kataphrons and swap out the icarus array for a neutron laser. The Icarus array is really good but it's only good if you know you're fighting someone with fliers or skimmers.

I play infinity if I want a tournament game.

>tfw my favorite armies, aesthetics and lore-wise, are either mid to shit tier gameplay-wise

Current 40k is balanced if you only play Demons, CSM, Eldar, Necrons, SM, or Tau. You might make an argument for removing Demons and Eldar from the list for being too strong.

If you're playing any other codex, you're only in it for the lore, miniatures, sunk cost fallacy, or the hope that next edition will throw you a bone.

>Welcome to the CSM side of 40k

Cute, but no looking for kdk advice, I've seen that goretide seems to be the hot thing to usually take 30+ fleshhounds and some bikes, what else is recommended beyond that?

>tfw DEldar, CSM and 'nids

end my suffering

This is the kind of retarded opinion that you get when your entire perception of 40k is based around Veeky Forums shitposting.

On a Knight Crusader is it better to take the Thermal Cannon or Rapid-Fire Battle Cannon?

>Ork and IG

I'll end your suffering if you end my suffering.

>Necrons, Ad mech and Tau
>Not Daemons, Dangles and Vanilla Marines

I think this pretty much settles the answer to the question of forgeworld balance in casual games.

If people are allowed to take shit like Ynnari everyone else gets to take forgeworld shit.

Tzeentch Daemons are only problematic when you spam summons and/or run a 2++ deathstar. Everything else is perfectly fine for casual games. Oh, and don't use that dumbfuck new Split rule (as if real people actually own the scores and scores of Blue and Brimstone Horrors necessary.

Just save Magnus for when others bring Lords of War.

Unfortunately it seems we can only kill each other if the game lasts more than 6 turns and we roll perfectly on every single turn. Fugg :DDD

Chaos already gets Sicarans, just grab IA13. You also apparently get FIRE RAPTORS.

>problematic

has anyone tried Eternal War?

glad i didn't drop the full 60 on it to get early access a year ago, because as of today the game is still unpolished as f****

>Only nids
Someone please end mine before you get started.

Eternal Crusade is okay, its gradually gotten better but it definitely shows that it was an Early Access title forced into launching live a year early.

It's okay to use words even if people you don't like also use them.

>getting triggered because someone used a word that's also used by people you don't like

>being triggered because of a word people known for being triggered like to use

I think it's because TTS rips models and textures from Dawn of War II where the Taunar doesn't exist. You're not looking at a Taunar, you're looking at a nightmare Frankenstein hodge-podge of Tau parts mashed together in an attempt to approximate a Taunar.

Blood Angels player - is it better to use drop pods or fast vehicles?

Drop pods go where you put them but leave your units exposed.

Fast vehicles cost more but shield your units and jump pack guys as they advance up the board.

Does this mean I can say nigger again?

There's actually a number of custom models for TTS. There's just only a handful of people doing them.