How do you feel about a player's modern values clashing with the setting's?

How do you feel about a player's modern values clashing with the setting's?

Example. Some noble hires a few dozen adventurers, including your party, to fuck the lesbian out of his daughter. This is considered perfectly socially acceptable and the standard treatment when a young noblewoman doesn't seem to like the dick enough. Only the women involved consider it torture.

Or you know, imagine a non-sexual example.

Ah, a lazy bonfire thread.

On first look, it seems almost innocent enough, but just a few choice phrases is all it takes for this thread to be filled with inane squabbles absolutely unrelated to the professed topic and ultimately unrelated to any traditional game.

>modern ((values))
It's a scientific fact that normalfaggot degenerates don't value anything through their worthless slave mentality, and everything they do is inherently weak and merely a precursor to a festering breeding ground for true, unadulterated chaos and evil. He want's to go into a fantasy world that is just the old world his cloistered lifestyle slashes with? We'll he's in for a rude awakening.

I bet you fucking DM/GM for losers who who complain that their sugar daddy Skyrim treats them better.

You fucking Tax the elves because they live longer and their accumulastion of wealth can fuck over everyone through usury and other issues Darren.

So, you're not even going to try to resist obvious bait. Or, are you just the OP phone posting to try and start things off?

Didn't even try, did you?

I'd be impressed if that was a phone post. The length and use of fancy words often not found in the spec check would make my flip my shit half way through.

>You fucking Tax the elves because they live longer and their accumulastion of wealth can fuck over everyone through usury and other issues Darren.

This is hilarious.

That's discrimination. Elves might live longer but by that same logic they also contribute more the economy over their lifespans on an individual level.

Besides, dynasties will hoard money either way. Why does it matter whether one person hoarded money over 300 years, or whether 8 successors did the same?

>Or you know, imagine a non-sexual example.
No, OP. You tell me a non-sexual example that came up in your game.

Implying this isn't bait and OP actually runs/plays in a game.

I don't care about the player's values at all.

If they want to start shit in game, they better back it up with force in game.

You're danm right it is, you want to know where your extra earning go towards? Public services, and this massive "Cosmic Elf Fuckup Fund". Yes, we literally have a fund dedicated towards when you knife-eareed cunts mess up and ruin everything for everyone in the realms as you periodically do, and don't even try to fucking pass this one off, because I can list this shit.

Elves are responsible for:
>The creation of Vampires at it's very core due to laziness, and a mass censorship campaign to get every deity to obscure the writings of racial creation myth as hide this
>The Drow
>Everything that happened in a nubmer of Neverwinter Nights 2 Campaigns
>Opening the fucking waty to the Far realm
>Letting a number of Elder Evils in
>Letting in a mass Elf Soul eating walking behemoth that pops in every 100 years
>Pissing of Grummsh forever and causign modern Orc bandit raidign culture
>Making stupid macguffins
>Training the netherse to be as haughty and stucukup as they, leading to the Karus folley and the ban on Magic

Shut the fuck up, you literally go through a college slut phase on an ecological standard, and there was once an elf who split into her good and evil halves, one moon elf the other a fucking Drow, and when the fused back they went around the realms suck more dick than any other elf, and this is canon, read the forgotten relams comics, hoyl fuck that bitch was the ultimate THOT

You're danm right it is, you want to know where your extra earning go towards? Public services, and this massive "Cosmic Elf Fuckup Fund". Yes, we literally have a fund dedicated towards when you knife-eareed cunts mess up and ruin everything for everyone in the realms as you periodically do, and don't even try to fucking pass this one off, because I can list this shit.

Elves are responsible for:
>The creation of Vampires at it's very core due to laziness, and a mass censorship campaign to get every deity to obscure the writings of racial creation myth as hide this, said vampire deity proceeds to do nothing as his domains are subverted by Ocus and a piece of his divinity stolen accidentally by a Lich who accidentally became a god this way when he was transforming into a Lich
>The Drow
>Everything that happened in a nubmer of Neverwinter Nights 2 Campaigns
>Opening the fucking waty to the Far realm
>Letting a number of Elder Evils in
>Letting in a mass Elf Soul eating walking behemoth that pops in every 100 years
>Pissing of Grummsh forever and causign modern Orc bandit raidign culture
>Making stupid macguffins
>Training the netherse to be as haughty and stucukup as they, leading to the Karus folley and the ban on Magic

Shut the fuck up, you literally go through a college slut phase on an ecological standard, and there was once an elf who split into her good and evil halves, one moon elf the other a fucking Drow, and when the fused back this omni slut elf went around the realms suck more dick than any other elf, and this is canon, read the forgotten relams comics, holy fuck that bitch was the ultimate THOT, every issue she runs itnoa boy toy, because her phermones are the combination of both surface and underdark elf and she had even longer lifespan and slut-mode puberty

Not OP and i know the thread is obvious bait but still.

Slavery.

World is on ancient social level. Slavery is perfectly normal and is 99% about menial work, sexual stuff isn't even brought up. It's also eaay mode since slavery is not based on race, so another controversy and sensivity is avoided.

Yet still players tend to all be raging abolitionists 2 thousand years ahead of their time

>Slavery.
>sexual stuff isn't even brought up

Yeah, that's believable.

That's actually one of the advantages of having a group full of 40kids, they give a fuck.

Correction, don't give a fuck.

>mankind has several thousands of years of practicing slavery
>slavegirl fucktois were always insignificant fraction compared to slaves used in mining, construction, agriculture, household maintenance, or even fucking book keeping
>eeek slavery must equal bdsm magical realm
KYS

I find it annoying. Besides slavery, the biggest one I've seen crop up in historical/old fantasy games is players not understanding the significance of social class. Like, stop fucking interrupting/insulting the local ruling lord as a mercenary thug, holy shit.

Why would it be normal for people to attempt a hentai style mind break instead of just making it clear that she owes her husband an heir and a spare and that when she's done with that, she can go back to doing what she wants?

It's not like her husband is going to be that interested in her, he's been in love with a cute maid since he was 8 years old, and is going to view this marriage as a chore just like she is.

All things considered, a lesbian is probably the best thing ever for a political marriage, since you won't have to wonder about the legitimacy of your children.

Make her a nun for a fertility god.

Well he ain't wrong

Fucking potte-
>You fucking Tax the elves because they live longer and their accumulastion of wealth can fuck over everyone through usury and other issues Darren.
Okay, that part was legimately funny

If you want players to try to RP within the context of a setting's moral norms you need to get with them ahead of time, explain your desire, and then explain said norms.

If you can't be bothered to do that, you get your handful of "State assassins are legal here, outsider" and "don't mess with my slaves, n'wah" moments and then you become the shitty DM complaining about badwrongfun

Who are you quoting?

>I'd be impressed if that was a phone post. The length and use of fancy words often not found in the spec check would make my flip my shit half way through.
Get a better keyboard app?

I use SwiftKey and I'm constantly impressed with the obscure words and phrases that it has on file.