Warhammer 40k General - /40kg/

Why does she wear her underwear over her head Edition

Previous Thread
>Duncan paints Sister:
youtube.com/watch?v=s3rV1-x9RyY

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android.
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!z4wmmJyR!jTfwLczhdFjV0q6nowtGag!qgZhmAhK

>40k rules reference in wiki format.
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Latest GW teases
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW FAQs.
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>List organizer picture book
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Offline list builder
battlescribe.net/

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

First post for Yvraine the New queen of the IoM

>reposting from end of last thread

Any Guard players got any thoughts on improving this list for 2000 points?
Versus mainly Craftworld Eldar and Tau.

Anyone ever used the Zone Mortalis rules in 40k? How did it go?

Bumping because new thread

Any early Codex Custard leaks?

What do we make of the list?

Bringing this to a local friendly tourney.

I wanted to make something fluffy yet relatively strong.

What do you think ?

I want to start a Sister Army.

What codices should I get?

Wait until they get a codex with their new plastics later this year.

I mean yhea, that's a lot of flamers but what are you hoping to kill besides orks with this thing ?

Any proper gunline or mechanized army just rolls over your list. As IG, you need long range or you will get crushed.

I would can the entire Fast Attack slots for one more Wyvern and a couple of Manticores or Basilisks.

I would lose the Platoon entierly and upgrade these vets Chimeras into Valkyries too, and lose the Heavy Flamer on that melta squad, it serves no purpose.

You should have enought points left to get yourself another Leman russ too.

If you REALLY want to play blob guards with mortars and shit then try a Krieg list. But be aware, that shit costs a lot of money and your turns will last half an hour.

imperial agents. if you want to use the new celestine just print out the rules for her from the fall of cadia book we got uploaded in the OP

Why bother with a command squad when you could take one more biker squad and mount your HQ on bike instead ?

Use Battlescribe or at least try to format your stuff correctly.

I decided to not go to a tournament today in order to sit and paint my Imperial Fists.

Any suggestions for how I can fluff my army fighting other loyalist space marines in the future? So far I've had them fight Space Wolves overtaken by the Wulfen curse and Dark Angels for a cache of geneseed secrets written by a Fallen Angel. Also, here's a picture of my Grey Knights.

why the fuck did they cast veridyan in resin

holy fuck i hate resin

>Any suggestions for how I can fluff my army fighting other loyalist space marines in the future?
They found that Ynnari resurrected Guilliman and declared him traitor.

So any of you use any AOS things to proxy stuff in 40k? Besides chaos things of course.

I use Stormcast Eternals for TH/SS Terminators.

Imperial Agents. DO NOT waste your money on the SoB e-book codex. Absolute trash.

21th for fuck GW

PLEASE drawme a fa/tg/uy!

Sorry but BattleScripe is too spacious imo. I'll work on the formatting tho, thanks

Don't do IF, paint them as Marines Malevolent. Problem solved.

Nah, thats gay as fuck

He's talking about his gray Knights user

>said user every year

You asked for Marine on marine, that's by definition gay.

>posted my question in the old thread
01010010 01000101 01000101 01000101 01000101 01000101 01000101 01000101 01000101 01000101 01000101 01000101 01000101 01000101

MAGNETS

>EVER taking the Phosphor Serpenta

Just glue the macrostubber down with the strongest adhesive you have, you will never need to take it off.

There is only one thing good in the 6e Codex and those are the non FoC priest.

That's a shame, the serpenta is so A E S T H E T I C

How fucked is the Ork player?

The Mystic are Psykers from the Inquisition Codex
The DCA and Crusaders are in the same squad since they are Henchmen.

Repressor are Repressors that is a nice surprise, still having the shitty IA separated units instead of the glorious single unit from Inquisition

>How fucked is the Ork player

He plays Orks. This alone should answer your question.

New boyz models when? I want to start running an Ork army but gorilla-butts look like a shit

Any of you gits got the new Codexes for the two new 40K factions?

nah user, orkz are sexy, though their spines are kinda scari

oi the boys got that dakka in the trunk

Alright, I got this so far, total would be 1750.

Questions from a beginner:

1) Is this even a legal list, so far?

2) If so, how fucked am I? I'd play it online, no need to be a WAAC army, just want to have fun and not lose every single match ever.

Obs: Uriah would deploy with the meltacunts in the metal box. Interrogator deep strikes with one of the terminator formations.

3) What toys should I kit the Interrogator with?

4) Wat add or remove to make it okay?

Reposting from last thread:
Looking to sell some models. USA only. Most of this is NIB with the following exceptions:
-The Dark Eldar Wyches, Warriors, and one Raider are open but complete
-The Dark Eldar incubi are partially build but complete
-The Eldar Cloudstrike Squadron (the 3-Falcons box from Apocalypse) is open and one model partially built
-One Catachan battleforce is open and missing a few pieces (used in a Cadian/Catachan kitbash from half a decade ago), but the other is unopened.
-The Leman Russ is open but looks complete.

The Cadian boxes are all of the older 20-count packaging, NOT the current 10-man format.
I'm not sure I'm willing to get rid of the Russ or Chimera as I could still use them.

Shoot me an email at
[email protected]
if you are interested.
Prices negotiable.

how you end up with that semi-random ass shit. you some store that went out of business?

You missed something

gross, orkz are pure(well, mentally pure) and "noble" race. Or bunch of man-children getting excited over basic shit

Why do you have flamers on 2 units that are walking around?

Alos why Jacob? The bastard is only useful with a melee unit like any priest. If you want the stubborn just get a normal priest for much cheaper.

Ork Buff
>We da best! - Give your army fearless for one turn. When your turn is over, you lose the game.

kiek

Emailed

I thought of a way to buff horde armies like Nids and Orks through a global rule :

>The turn an unit makes an assault, if this unit is locked in combat with another unit counting less models, then each model of the assaulting unit gains +1A. If the assaulting unit counts twice as much models or more, each model of that unit also gains +1S.

just got back from my local GW

dude that owns the store is saying there are very significant rumblings, basically confirmed, of plastic sisters coming down the pipe this summer or possibly winter at the latest. Veridyan sold way better than they were expecting.

get hype bros.

Elite command squads say you're fucking wrong.

Also, having a priest as a legit HQ is a nerf because before you could take up to 5 priests whereas now you're limited to 2 and have no other HQs. However, you can ally a priest I suppose with its solo formation.

They have 2 official codexes, both of which are legal. The 6th Ed Adeptas Sororitas Codex has rules for old Celestine and more priests with a proper henchmen squad. Imperial Agents is mostly the same except Command Squads are elite, which is awesome, Rhinos and Immolators are solo FA options, and the henchmen have been split into solo squads.

There are 3 formations in IA:

>Priest Delegation
Literally a priest and up to one elite. This give Shield of Faith to the formation.

>Vestal Task Force
Alternate CAD that requires HQ, 2 Troops, 1 Elite. Instead of ObSec troops, once per game, you get to reroll all saving throws of 1 until your next turn. It's shitty.

>Ecclesiarchy Battle Conclave
3-10 units of henchmen and a priest that all form one mega blob and have Shield of Faith.

Wanted something for a bit of fun with the lads.

Would you operate with this list?

user, you have a better chance of hurting yourself today then plastic sisters coming out

So I'm thinking of getting back into warhammer and rebuilding my Tau collection. Is Tau basically just entirely Battlesuit spam? Because thats literally every list I see, and I never see any gunline tau with vehicle support.

I was thinking about some anti-blob measures, but you're right, it's kind of pointless if they don't have the mobility for flamers anyway.

And I heard he was bretty gud, but okay I changed it for a priest who still lets me reroll hymns and acts of faith thanks to his litanies and costs a lot less.

More suggestions?

Should I do 30k Raven Guard or 40k?

new space marine with mk.XIII?

Image from Space Marine Heroes Collection

Mechanised Tau are a list I've always wanted to try. Carbines would be fun against non-fearless armies.
Suit spam is brainless point-and-click play that gets shut down when markerlights start dying.

Dante book epub anyone?

Exactly why I don't want to play Suit spam. From my recollection gunline benefits from markerlights and can generally shit out more of them, but doesn't immediately become useless once they die off. Its easier to protect your markers too.

Anyone, please correct me if I'm completely off in my recollection.

I said 6e you twat.
Non FoC priest is the best thing

IA has elite Command squad, with Castellans they are HQ. You can have a squad as your HQ no idea why but you can.

Priest are good and Jacob is good, but they are not very good outside of Melee squad or squads that you know they are getting assaulted. (IG blobs for tarpiting, priest are awesome there)

Veterans are a hit or miss. Most of the time they are not worth it. You can give them a Storm Bolter for extra 24" dakka.

30k in beaky armor.
You can count them as 40k if you want, too.
A few 40k kits to round it off, be alright.

>dude that owns the store is saying there are very significant rumblings, basically confirmed, of plastic sisters coming down the pipe this summer or possibly winter at the latest
Store owners don't hear anything that far out, like ever.

If this is "basically confirmed" point to a rumour-monger with a successful record who can verify, because those guys hear stuff like this way before the redshirts.

>more sisters soon! For reals!

Until I see the official statement from GW, believing SoB rumors is retarded. It's Deldar all over again.

>Questions from a beginner:
>1) Is this even a legal list, so far?
Yes
>2) If so, how fucked am I? I'd play it online, no need to be a WAAC army, just want to have fun and not lose every single match ever.
I can't speak for the Deathwing portion, but the sisters side is getting you nowhere. The biggest problem is the troops not having a transport. If you can't get immolators, get rhinos.

>Obs: Uriah would deploy with the meltacunts in the metal box. Interrogator deep strikes with one of the terminator formations.
You have a priest, I'm sure this is a mistake. Uriah shouldn't be with a suicide unit, which is what melta doms are. He isn't needed, really.

>4) Wat add or remove to make it okay?
You need a transport for those troops, and you don't need or want the extra body. Keep them at 5 because there is no benefit. They're cheap enough that even if you go to 10, you might as well take another unit for more weapons.

>pretty good
Jacobus is a meme from 5th edition when they changed how faith worked. You don't need a priest by any stretch of the imagination. If you really want to reroll faith, pay 10pts for loud Hailers on your tanks.

Speaking of, your troops still have no ride. Changing them to SB/HB makes them tax units. If that's how you want them, don't expect them to accomplish anything but sitting on an objective and dying.

I really hope they don't add that collar to all the new sets of armor. I hate painting faces around that thing.

Thank you for the feedback, back to the drawing table here.

Planning a 1500 pts Raptors army for some casual fightning versus a broad range of armies. Thoughts?

Issodon is Warlord and gains Master of Ambush. This'll let me infiltrate EVERY non-vehicle unit.

Alright, how would you guys round out/fix this list?

It's happening, see the Guillimarine leak.

Reminder: Eldar are the most powerful race in the galaxy.

>most powerful race
>still no Exodite Eldar codex

Why paint faces in the first place?

too smug for their own good

but if you don't do skin then how will you ever get good?

First page of Codex Astartes: Always wear your helmet.

You don't really need to go back to the drawing table. Celestine, 2 HF/F troops in rhinos, melta doms in an immolator, and 2 exorcists is a solid starting point for sisters. Rhinos aren't ideal because immolators are a cheap upgrade, but they're still fine. If you want to reroll faith, Loud Hailers are 10pt vehicle upgrade that lets everything within 12" reroll failed tests. You can take 3 them for the price if a naked priest and will do a lot more for faith.

Glorious he is.

Help with my DKOK assault brigade list? Im very new to the game, been painting these for less than a year now and wanna get into the meat of it. Should i drop something and get earthshaker cannons?

By following the word of Duncan and believing.

I love Black Library.

Hey /40kg/, newbie here. Hope I can asks some questions:

What's the difference withing Skitarii and Adeptus Mechanicus Codex? Can I just get the Skitarii one or is the other one important too?

I understand they are just a branch of the A.M. , but are they anything else lore-wise?

Shamelessly self bumping for advice.

Definitely some of my favourite art in this book

The two codices have entirely separate lists. They're built to be allied together, but work perfectly fine separately. If you just pick up the Skitarii side, you'll be fine; same with the Cult side.

Nigga that's just an Ultramarine in MkVIII.

kys

Lovely, Danke.
Really like the aesthetics and lore, now my only worry is me fucking up the painting process, they seem hard.

How's this Ork KT list I made for fun?

Blood Axes Kill Team, 200

Elites
-Kommandos, 50
+Boss Nob, 10
+Power Klaw, 25

(Does not take space on Force Org Chart)
-Boss Snikrot, 60

Fast Attack
-Stormboyz, 45
+Boss Nob, 10

200 poimts

>just got back from my local gas station, dude says major rumblings up top, expect fission powered dildos, get hyped everyone

20 points left over, anything particular I could still add ? I'm a bit worried about flyers but perhaps the gatling gun will cut it.

As if a Sisters' underwear would be that clean...

Kek

That being said, I'm legitimately thinking about adding some SoS to my sisters army. I have my squad from BoP, but I do want more. I just wish I could start embarked inside something.

nope blackpack and front plate is mark 8

Any good books about the Raven Guard? I know they got shit on at the Dropsite Massacre but know nothing really about their lore

>tfw anons don't know that VIII is 8

Help with my DKOK assault brigade list? Should i drop something and include earthshakers? Thanks. Im very new to the hobby apart from painting them, so any advice is appreciated.