What's the best way to find an online D&D group?

What's the best way to find an online D&D group?

The Veeky Forums Gamefinder thread.

If you reddit, /r/LFG

Roll20 has LFG listings

There are dozens of other sites that you can find if you use google.

F-list, unironically.

I found my group in the Spoony forums. Generally you can find a solid group simply by looking in more niche places because they are more dedicated to start with.

We have 4 core players and finding 1-2 more isn't hard.

You can even make a thread in /r/playdate.
That's where I found my group.

Roll20

Roll20 is a good place to start but the % of the game getting anywhere is really low in my experience but the chances of a game not falling apart gets higher (hopefully) the more vetting and such the gm wants but I'm not sure honestly on that part.

Veeky Forums gamefinder is can be hit or miss because you still can have the people who would stop gming 2 weeks in ALONG with people who will post up a AD just to shitpost and never do anything with the game not to say that this doesn't happen on roll20 either, you also have the people who don't want to rp anything but just scream "meme" because they think it will help to fit in.

I never really looked anywhere else outside of F-list once and that went no where

You can't just say that and not elaborate.

Through friends of friends and other players. Going to a Gamefinder is basically a dry well unless you're a GM and you're not gonna have a great success rate, but once you find a good player or two you can ask them if they know anyone. This person will then be double vetted and probably pretty decent as well. Repeat until group is formed.

Everytime I've posted in Game Finder Ive got a response

It's been pretty dry lately actually. I WISH someone would run a semi-lewd game there.

There are different gaming rooms on f-list's chat. Veeky Forums has one specifically.

I'm new and I can't seem to find a game for the life of me ;_;

An online D&D group is easy, as with The real struggle is trying to find an in-person group. Let me know when you find a good way to do that. Thanks

Grow old.

Your real life friends move away or don't have all have the right schedule to do a weekend game, so you agree to do short weeknight games online because it's far more convenient.

I got invited to three separate games over the course of a week after posting in the Veeky Forums GameFinder, so it can work out. The #1 issue that stops things happening is timezones.

OP, might be worth just starting a game yourself and posting invites for others. Grab a D&D module and post an ad in Roll20/Gamefinder/Reddit/Whatever and mention you're a new DM. You'll never be short on players.

Join a group. Watch the game dissolve and break apart. Join another group. Watch it break. Repeat a few more times, each time remembering one player who was a total bro and getting a way to contact them.

Eventually after about a year you'll have a bonafide group of players that you have already vetted. Introduce them to each other and start playing.

>Introduce them to each other and watch things you thought were minor cause the group to not gel.
FTFY

>Open Skype, Facedit, or whatever social media you subscribe to.
>Go to contacts, friends, etc
>"Hey want to play some D&D online?"
>Get best schedule matchups
>Play.
I have like 8 contacts that are real people and not just bots I added because I'm a lonely fucker and this works fine for me.

> not playing DnD with chatbots

Look at this scrub.

How did you acquire these people in the first place?
Are they just people you played with before and decided to keep in contact with?

>how do you have friends and acquaintances
We can't help you, you're too far gone

The Deep Web.

Hire several assassins and make them play DND with you.

Enjoy the sight of several armed men sitting in a circle playing rogues trying to backstab each other.

How do you acquire these bots?

Cast Divination.
Or, you know, Google.

Best chatbot coming through.