Warhammer 40,000 General

>Big reveal
>it was fucking nothing edition

>previous thread
>Duncan
youtube.com/watch?v=VxZc-KHW7KI

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android.
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!z4wmmJyR!jTfwLczhdFjV0q6nowtGag!qgZhmAhK

>40k rules reference in wiki format.
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Latest GW teases
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW FAQs.
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>List organizer picture book
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Offline list builder
battlescribe.net/

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hQLsb7Zm_MI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Good ally take for Tau? I'd love to have some psyker capabilities, but I don't know what to take. Seer Council?

First for the Dark Eldar! Long live Commorragh!

FIRST FOR DA ORKZ

I'll submit myself to the nearest Haemonculus...no need to tell me...

>that fabulous Blood Angel

bless that art

Eldar is the easiest route. The downside is that most psyker buffs won't work without being battle brothers.

I'd almost suggest you go for Space Marines. They have a very wide array of powers to choose from, and it should be easy enough to keep them far enough away from the rest of your force one way or another.

Played 1500 Space Marine vs Kriegers today. Lost pretty badly because this was his deployment zone, plus a deathstrike missile behind the structure. Funny game though, especially when I got into close combat with his infantry squads.

>tfw Snikrot has compasses on his Teeth of Mork
Oh man, he's my favorite Blood Axe in the codex. I'm excited to start my Ork army once I figure out what I want and how to paint up Blood Axes.

Does anyone have any tips on how to paint them, and what's fluffy for them other than Kommandos and Stormboyz?

10th for Cadia!

Whoops, didn't mean to link.

Also had a 500 SM vs purestrain genestealers game in which I was wiped by turn 3.
This happened on turn two when he rolled a 6. 68 attacks total, 14 wounds dealt post armor saves and feel no pain rolls.

Yeah, I was just lamenting the inability to share buffs. Grey Knights?

If 40k is unbalanced and bloated, why do you still collect and play?

If your army isn't "competitive" right now why do you still play it?

tip from last thread if you start collecting them: look out for revell ork raider sets. deffkopta, boss, nobz and boyz for 35 bucks

>use eldars
>cheap farseer
>use as many scatbikes and wraithknights as you can along your riptides and stormsurge
>win

Hurry up and feed yourselves to Ynnead! Its the only way to stop Slaanesh from eating you!

Probably better off with a standard Librarius council.

it looks cool

An alternative I saw is taking a few SoS for anti psyker abilities instead.

I like playing my faction more than I like winning. Im not a WAAC and genuinely enjoy playing the game.

CADIA IS DEAD. DEAD!

CAN SOMEONE summarize Gathering Storm 2 please? thanks (to bored to read it (h8 eldar))

I love working on the models and I love the models, the fluff is whatever I want it to be and winning isnt all.

40k has always had horrible rules. But no other game has such a wonderful setting.

Your going to want ork weird boyz

The Eldar summon Ynnead who's supposed to kill Slaanesh, turns out Ynnead is Slaanesh and eats Eldrad + Biel Tan. Now some croneworld witch is running around cammoragh and the craftworlds recruiting people to feed it.

It's fun and every day I smile I contemplate killing myself a bit less that night

B8 harder faggot

Cadian dogtags should be round, like British ones.

Holy fuck no, that's completely wrong. And I think you know that.

>turns out Ynnead is Slaanesh and eats Eldrad + Biel Tan

Slaanesh ate Eldrad again? Seriously?

>getting into 40k for the rules

Look at him

Look at him and laugh

How many techpreists does it take to screw in a lightbulb?

I like modelling and painting them because it gives me a false sense that I've achieved something.

I like looking at the little plastic men and imagining stories about them as I roll dice.

Eldrad's gambit to awaken Ynead didn't fail in the Deathwatch Codex, but instead was somewhat successful.

Mary Sue Eldar bitch levels up in a Dark Eldar Gladiator fight, causing Commoragh to get swarmed in now-freed tyranids and daemonic invasion as the Gate of Khaine busts open from the Mary Sue connecting to the now-stirred Ynead. She goes on a journey to collect some swords of power to awaken Ynead fully, and draws Chaos (who knew of this disturbance) towards Biel-Tan. The craftworld gets fucked and bans her from setting foot there, while some Biel-Tan people join her. They go on a magical journey through the webway, blue-ball Ahriman, and show up on that ice world on the outskirts of the Cadian system in order to help out Cawl and the Gang.

All because of psychic visions of the future and destiny and shit.

kek

I hope that actually happens. "HAHA TURNS OUT THEY WERE ALL JUST POSSESSED BY SLAANESH, EAT A DICK SPACE ELVES"

Despite 40k always having crappy rules the game itself is still fun and enjoyable which is why people like playing it but most realize its not that great.

Such menial tasks are below the Omnissiah's priesthood, that's what servitors are for.

In the most elite Dark Eldar arena, Lilith Hesparex, a succubus named Yvraine, and some other people are fighting for the crowd's amusement. During the climax of the fight when a horde of captured tyranids are release, Lilith stabs Yvraine in the heart, and Yvraine is then killed by another witch in the arena. At the exact moment of her death, however, she's resurrected because that was the moment Eldrad's attempt at awakening Ynnead failed. Her ressurection causes a bunch of shit to happen though, the tyranids start to run rampant and the Khaine's Gate is breached, leading to a demonic invasion of Commoragh. In the confusion everyone tries to start killing Yvraine, including Vect's cabal. She decides to escape using her old Corsair allies, and during her run to their vessel she meets up with the Visarch and his Incubi. She, a contingent of her wychs, the Visarch, his Incubi, and some surviving corsairs are able to escape into the webway, where they encouter Slaaneshi daemons. Harlequin save them from being slaughtered and guide them towards Biel-tan.

>collect some swords of power to awaken Ynead fully,

It is important to note that she did not actually awaken it fully. It's a fragment of Ynnead that is awake, much like Khaine is but a fragment of actual Khaine.

>that image
>mfw
youtube.com/watch?v=hQLsb7Zm_MI

Its stats are the exact same as a keeper of secrets, of course its Slaanesh, or some aspect of Slaanesh. How many warp entities do you know that hunger for eldar soulls?

Also looks like Fulgrims coming back to finish what he started with Girlyman. 8th edition isn't gonna be Age of the Emperor, its gonna be Age of Slaanesh.

Trying to put together another Castellans Black Templar list over here.

I was wondering if taking a Techmarine and a Rad Grenade Inquisitor might be a good idea.
A Chaplain or Priest seem kind of obsolete, since I always felt that the Hatred half of Zealot was the most important one anyway and stuffing a Techy with Harness into my main LRC doesn't seem like a terrible idea, considering how bad an unfixable Grav-hit usually is for them. The Harness is also a decent weapon, even if it costs like a Fist.

Thoughts?
My main issue is getting the core down to actually make use of my Land Raiders and large troop blobs.

What is the likelihood of there ever being a tv series based off of 40k? would gw consider this?

BUT THE GUARD IS FOREVER!!!

You two faggots have been posting the same dirty tech preistess picture for months in reply to eachother, just fuck already

>[...]She unfolded it and then leaned in toward the receiver. “How many Techpriests does it take to install a lumen orb?”

>“Installation of a single lumen unit would require a negligible level of physical and intellectual resources from any given member of the Cult Mechanicus,” interjected a Dark Techpriest seated to the left of the stage. “I calculate that it would require no more than 0.12 of a Dark Techpriest. However, the obviously impractical nature of requisitioning a fraction of an individual for a single, discrete task necessitates rounding up to a whole digit. As such, the only logical answer is one.”

Ok, seriously, what's the story with this cunt's giant sword?

Fuck GW for blue-balling me further with fucking GS3. What's so bad about the sword that it can't be allowed into the Golden Throneroom?

What would it even be about?

I'd watch a show of an Inquisitor investigating Genestealer Cults and Heretics and Xeno-tech Smugglers and trying to get his planet back into order again.

Switch it to chaos cults and youve got a deal, we want antagonists that actually have flavor, after all.

The thing I'm listed excited for with the release of DoW 3 is more macha fan art

should i have bases on my vehicles

i saw some dude do it and it looks so nice.

It's the Lion's.
That part wasn't even obfuscated, hell, they listed it on the community site.

Perpetual killer probably

No one can enter to the throne room unless it's allowed by the Emperor, the sword is allegedly the Lion's sword.

Personally I think a high school girl "slice of life" anime set in a hive city would be delightful. They'd do cute things every day and have interesting personalities. Then they'd be hacked into pieces by a Slaaneshi Marine in the last episode and turned into human-based cocaine. Awesome!

It'd be utterly, utterly shit.

I refer you to Spehs Muhreen, the only other time GW has attempted something in visual media.

Oh, of course a Chaos Lord on the rise would be the main antagonist. Genestealer Cults could make for mid-season villains.

You should watch the anime, Speedgrapher.

Meanwhile Biel-tan mobolizes for war as the seers determine that the Slaanesh Masque is going to attempt to invade the craftworld using a big-ass portal on a Maiden World. With Skarbrand's help she is successful in gaining access to the craftworld and she is even able to infect the craftworld's Infinity Circuit when Yvraine and her train arrive at the craftworld turning to shit. Speaking to the gathered seers, exarches and autarches Yvraine claims she is able to bring Ynead to life, but to do so would kill the craftworld. This nearly gets her and her entourage killed but Jain-Zair and the Visarch step in to protect her. By damaging the wraithbone core of the Infinity Circuit, Yvraine brings the Yncarne to life. Some think it's a Slaaneshi demon and some think it's the real deal but in the confusing they don't murder Yvraine. As a large group of believers rally to Yvraine, Ulthan and Ulthwe farseers open a portal to Biel Tan and usher them through

Thanks for the advice!

What Start boxes have the best value and which are the OP sets?
I can't really tell looking at them

>Spehs Muhreen
Do you mean Space Marine, the game? That was arguably one of the better things GW ever sanctioned. Dawn of War were also excellent games, albeit the story was all over the place and more amusing than deep.
Or do you mean Ultramarines, the movie?

It used to belong to a (((((loyalist))))) primarch

the space wolf, tau and skitaarii boxes give you the best models.

everything else gives you trash.

why not base it off of something that is already somewhat popular generally well received, like gaunt's ghosts or eisenhorn or other good books like that

Skitarii saves you almost 55$. Nurgle is also around that point. Just google "Start Collecting boxes savings" and you'll find a full list.

Well yeah, it's fuckheug and has Dark Angle insignia on it. But why wouldn't the Lion's sword be allowed near the Emprah?

That was my guess but then why can the Lion's sword kill Perpetuals? It was forged in the Emperor's own armory, doesn't seem like a sensible thing to make and then hand out.

Cypher was about to enter the Throne room, but then Girlyman stops him and has him thrown in the Custode's inescapable prison because he recognises the sword and won't allow it near his father.

the eldar box is good too. forgot about that one.

the movie.

senpai, i need input.

based entirely on looks, which should i go with?

going to get two each of whichever i pick but honestly, i can't decide

Everything you need to start your own scatbike force!

>that aegis wall placement

you let him run illegal fortification setups?

Because the Lion was a dirty heretical traitor and his sword is probably possessed by a greater daemon and not any better than Abbaddon's sword.

Ulthwe's seer council demands that the group assembled stay until they decide what to do with them, but during their debate a bunch of Eldar from Altansar show up, including a warlock with the Gryinx, who kills herself to Yvraine can eat her soul and take her cat in order to guide her to her destination on a Crone World. Yvraine's entourage now includes Altansar Eldar and Ulthwe Eldar and is a pretty damn big army now.
Going to the Crone World in order to discover the third of the Crone Swords she needs to max out Ynead's power, Yvraine and her group are attacked by Homunculus forces, who are defeated after they learn the Yncarne can perma-death them and their clone bodies at once, but then the group is attackd by a massive Slaanesh army.

Everything from Caliban is tainted by chaos

>Flying Dreadnought Brick
>Almost an actual plane

I'd go for the left myself, but I'd say the right is better overall.

get two thunderbolts instead

Eldrad's ritual fails at the same moment Yvraine dies in a gladiator fight, comes back from the dead as a prophet of the Eldar God of death. Demons invade Cormorragh, but that's just Tuesday for the deldar. She's joined by this possibly undead guy called the visarch and tries to escape to the web way. Several demonic incursions later she gets to bel-tian.

Bel-Tian finds out she's coming, gets invaded by demons, tHey start eating the infinity circuit, Yivraine purges them and goes on a quest for some old Eldar swords to empower her God.

Eldrad gets locked up for Eldar heresy by the Eldar inquisition after he does something to bring the death God and his avatar to ulthuan. They go into the eye of terror to look for more swords. Haemonculi and demons get owned.

Finally they go to Iyanden, it's invaded by demons, they kill prince yriel but nurgle's a swell guy so he is resurrected by his spear which is the last sword.

They travel to some ice moon in Cadia, Ahriman hears death God and wants his ruberics resurrected so tries and fails at coercing the ynnead. Everyone meets at ice moon and decides to go to ultramar.

Now there's a suicide death cult of Eldar running around trying to death level their God. And Lilith left vect, commerragh is going to have another war between malus and vect the rest of the Eldar don't know if Yivraine is an Eldar arch-heretic committing Eldar heresy or not.

Left

The Tau one seems bad though?
Thanks, yeah the Eldar ones seems WAACist of them all

i already have 1, this purchase would be specifically for my SM armies however.

i know what you mean but something in me loves the flying dread brick

>What's so bad about the sword that it can't be allowed into the Golden Throneroom?
>why can't I bring the 40k equivalent of a tactical nuclear weapon into the golden throne's room?

>I already have 1
yeah but you could have a proper wing of three

the tau one is decent for a starting force, you save a fair bit of money with it and you can run it as a farsight list out the box as well. the price of the crisis suits and the ethereal separately is more than the box itself already, so there is some saving

Yeah. The only reason I want a flying dread brick is as a way to run a Dreadnought in a space marine army that prefers going fast, like white scars.

wow, thanks for the cliff notes guys. imma start gathering storm 3 (just came in the mail today)

LEft by far, the right one looks like a potato.

During the fight the Yncarne is killed and is reborn by claiming the third Crone Sword, and the group is then saved by Iyanden Wraithknights, who take the group to Iyanden which is being attacked by a Nurgle-Infested Plague Hulk. During the fight Prince Yriel boards the Space Hulk and kills the Demon Prince controlling it, but is then in turn killed when he gets hit by an Iron Girder (yes that actually happens. It's as sudden as that sentence makes it). His body is recovered and brought back to life because the Spear of Twilight is the fourth Crone Sword. After that Yvraine uses her death-powers to help awaken a fuck-ton of wraith constructs that then follow her into the webway with her really-goddamn big army

true, but i can get these cheaper than two more bolts

In the webway they encounter Ahriman who tries to kill them and fails, but also the Pheonix Lords come out to lend their support, and the group moves onto the world of Klasius where they rendezvous with the Imperial Remnants of the Fall of Cadia as per the first Gathering Storm book, and the book ends with them striking an alliance with them to move onto Ultramar

And I'm pretty sure the 5th Crone Sword is the Dawn Blade

FW flier isn't just overpriced but it's a terrible option.

as i mentioned, it's based on looks alone

>the 40k equivalent of a tactical nuclear weapon

Do you know something about the Lion sword we don't?

As much as I would like that, I'm leaning more towards it being a Necron artifact based on the appearance alone.

It's GW. You know damn well that they'd be up for such bullshit.

maybe, but the model was made before the story was concocted so it would just get retconned to be Eldar. It seems like a good candidate though

Still, GW way above.

they mention where the 5th is in the book