media.wizards.com/2017/downloads/magic/Plane-Shift_Kaladesh.pdf

>Official /5eg/ Mega Trove v4b:
mega.nz/#F!z8pBVD4Q!UIJWxhYEWy7Xp91j6tztoQ

>Pastebin with resources and so on:
pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

>5etools:
5egmegaanon.github.io/5etools/5etools.html

>Previous Thread:
Updated OP; remember to give feedback on the previous UA.

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/12550821
strawpoll.me/12536012/r
strawpoll.me/12498055/r
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>remember to give feedback on the previous UA.
It's shit

Then tell them. While we know Meals reads these threads, we still need to give feedback on UAs, good or bad.

strawpoll.me/12550821

Remember, this is a multiple option poll.

The options in those poll were gathered from the most highly voted options from other polls.

>While we know Meals reads these threads
How do we know it, again?

>How do we ""know"" it, again?
Ego.
>we did it reddit XDDD

>Wild Magic

am I being memed

Nope. You voted for it.

strawpoll.me/12536012/r

No I fucking didn't, kys

Out of curiosity are people voting for they favorite for flavor, fun or power? I can't see how Battlemaster's the top for anything but power.

My three were Stone Sorcerer for flavor, Tempest for fun and Tempest for power (Because the Theurge isn't in there).

frig off dad

Battlemaster's probably top because of concept. It's a sign of how martials should have been from the beginning, in the eyes of a lot of people.

GOOlocks are probably voted up based on flavor, because muh Cthulhu.

College of Lore bards are third probably because of their sheer power though, yes.

Stone is pretty powerful in its own sense. Only reason I don't like it that much because I feel it adds too much for the DM to deal with.

>Oath of Devotion

Reminder that the user who unironically hekatonposts is an autist whose opinion is shit and who you should always make fun of

GOOlocks aren't bad, and can be cool. The 5th time you have someone wanking over their "Incomprehensible abomination" pact it gets old though.

Honestly Bard's have flavor but not their Archetypes. It's all about being slightly better at a bard thing and lore's just the best at the best bard thing.

Battlemaster... I honestly don't like. Most of the options can already be done in combat (Trips, disarms and stuff) and the rest you should have been able to do. Just feels like it does those things but adds more damage to it.

True, it can do some powerful things without ever casting a real spell as well. Being able to quicken and twin for 3 Booming Blades and teleport to hit people as a reaction's frighteningly effective.

So cool backstories for a high elf Nomad mystic. Main part I thinking of is mentioning the characters family thinks he is a failure for not being able to become a mage.

Why is Loremaster so popular compared to other traditions? I haven't really looked into it

So guys, I want to show my party that they are not invulnerable. We are playing the Strahd adventure and they pretty much killed every encounter with almost no problems. Is Level 4 too early for them to fight Strahd in a short battle? I'm afraid he will kill them,
I'm a new GM by the way.

It's blatantly overpowered. Force damage fireball from a mile away, ho!

Because you can change the element and/or saving throw of every spell at a whim.
Force Damage Meteors that need a Charisma check? No problem.

It's a loved or hated archetype.

>You can overcome any resistances or immunities to spells you cast by changing the damage type.
>Strength saving throw Hold Person.
>Spells with a range of a mile.
>Any spell of your choice from any book once per day.

The list goes on.

>I can't see how Battlemaster's the top for anything but power.

It's the only non-magical fighter that has fun decisions to make in combat. And it's not like fighters are good at anything else.

It's nerd power fantasies given flesh.

Guiding them to Yester Hill is probably ideal. If you want to really spook them, there's also the Vallaki event.

>they pretty much killed every encounter with almost no problems
Either they have crazy stats, you gave them magic items too early, there are too many of them, or you build encounters/use monsters like an idiot.
How did they handle the shambling mound? Have they been to the Old Bonegrinder yet? Vampire spawns in Vallaki should cause them some serious pain. Werewolves are a serious problem, unless they have magic weapons.
Shit, even druids with some wolves/dire wolves should wear them out.

Also, I have an unrelated advice. There are many subplots in Curse of Strahd, such as Izek subplot and lady Wachter subplot. If those antagonists stay alive until lategame, you absolutely should buff the shit out of them.

For example, on level 9 my party fought lady Wachter with stats of Fiend Warlock. Her cult then consisted of Cult Fanatics, Priests, Veterans, Hell hounds and Succubi.

True. Knight and Sharpshooter also fit in there as well though, Knight is really fun in a combat heavy game.

Can I get some feed back on how to have my character's flaws be better displayed, and maybe some suggested changes or additions to his faults? Curenlty he is:
>Greedy for power in any practical form. Gold, magical items, knowledge, ect
>Impulsive
>Weak as hell, -2 mod for str

They just roll really fucking good. They killed the shambling mound in like 3 rounds with four or five crits. They even critted the hags to death after setting fire to the mill. The only magic item they have is the cloak of protection from the death house.
I will try those subplots though. Some of them sound really fun.

Vallaki Event? You mean the festival of the blazing sun?

> Piercing Sight (3 psi; conc., 1 min.). As a bonus action, you gain the ability to see through objects that are up to 1 foot thick within 30 feet of you. This sight lasts until your concentration ends.

Boobs plate are less than a foot thick right?

This is 1 inch thick steel. Any armor that isn't worn by a giant is gonna be less than that.

Also you wear clothes under armor.

Honest work is overrated. You're all about get-rich-quick schemes. Play games of chance, cheat the shit out of them. Find the thievs' guild, try to rob it. Use your magic powers (you do have magic powers, user?) to create the church of Scientology. Convince your party members to run scams with you - you could create hoax monsters and "defeat" them for a reward, watch Scooby-Doo for inspiration.

Not a DM myself but from what I heard in here Strahd is a push over in a straight fight. His stats are weak, he is suppose to ambush and set up trap and use coward tactic like hit and run or kidnapped and dominate a party member.

>They even critted the hags to death
Crits or not, they fought a coven of night hags. On level 4 or earlier. They should be fucking dead.
How did the battle go? Did you pull punches?

> objects
No one is safe from mystic.

>after setting fire to the mill
Did they forget about child hostages the hags have? Did you forget?

made a stupidly OP char using 20 str 20 char palidan war cleric and barbarian that at leve 10 deals over 150 damage to fiends and my DM got so tired of this character that he literaly did rocks fal you die

> roll for stats
Your DM deserve it

First they set the mill on fire, which made the hags come out one by one. Then my two paladins both rolled a crit and smote two hags pretty much two death in the first few turns. I rolled pretty bad for their spell attacks too and so the whole fight was over pretty quickly.

I knew about them, but they didn't. I guess they burned to death. They would have known if they didnt set the fcuking mill on fire and entered it like a normal person.

Surprised how badly Valor is doing, both bards I've had in my group chose it and seemed excited.

I always liked the whole "Warrior Poet" thing.

Currently he's a level 4 Arcane Trickster. The Schooby Doo thing is clever and I might try that, but if I wanted to rob a guild I'd want it to be one with out thieves sense they know how to do all the boobytrapping.

And you didn't describe the children screaming in the background during combat? You didn't tell them they found a newly burnt corpse of children in the hut and make them realize their mistake?

That sound like a good RP opportunity.

Your int must be garbage, he should have looked into creatures that capitalize on that and pushed you.

>but from what I heard in here Strahd is a push over in a straight fight
dude has triple digit HP, regeneration, and can potentially kill any character level 4 or under in one round, not to mention he's also a spellcaster he might be a push over when you are actually supposed to fight him, but any time before that, he should be able to slap the shit out of the party.

>Just feels like it does those things but adds more damage to it.
That's the point.
You get to do the actual fun combat options without sacrificing damage.
I always have a printed list of actions available to players in combat out on the table and nobody ever does anything but attack or cast a spell because doing something else means they aren't keeping up their damage output, regardless of whether it'd pay off in the long run (like climbing on to a giant to get advantage).

Like I said, I'm new to DMing and DnD.

Valor isn't bad.. Lore is just too good...

>It's everything that I ever wanted in a wizard but turned up to 11.

as a battlemaster I picked it cuz it's just fun as shit

pew pew look at me roll hella dice and attack hella shit

rolling dice is fun

I guess that's it, given the usual discussions here

>No Eldritch Knight
What is this awful poll

You can still do it now. Have the villagers send someone after the party for murdering their children or something. Send in a weak frail old man who want to avenge his grand daugthrr if you want to make them feel extra bad.

This sounds pretty cool. I think I'm gonna do that. Thank you. I could make him extra miserable.

Got voted out in an earlier round because it's shit

strawpoll.me/12498055/r

If Battle Master wasn't voted for so overwhelmingly, it might've gotten over 20% and gotten a chance.

>I rolled pretty bad for their spell attacks too
user, they had magic missile at will.

Give one of children a name and personality and list of her favorite activity and make him recite that.

If your party doesn't care then... you have a murderhobo players. Only loots and exp will motivate them..

>You can still do it now. Have the villagers send someone after the party for murdering their children or something
But user, children in the mill were sold to hags for meth. There's nobody to take revenge for them, since their own kin betrayed them.

My DM let my rogue have a immovable rod. What ways can I use this effectively in and out of combat?

I do NOT understand why Oath of Ancients is as popular as it is. Please, somebody enlighten me.

All the cool Paladin toys plus the best aura. Whats not to love

In combat, grapple enemies and pin them with it

Out of combat, bring it with you when you climb to high places or make difficult jumps and attach a rope so your party can follow

Use it to save yourself from falls

Fey are cool and it's something a little different to the typical LG knight type

It's fucking good. It's flavorful, plus it gets Warding Aura.
It's a bit of a bummer, since my favorite's Devotion, but it's not undeserved.

I dislike playing a Paladin because there only real trick is Smite harder when you crit. If I can convince my DM to let me use a bow with smiting I play Ancients because spells are the most worrying thing from the back lines.

>It's the only non-magical fighter that has fun decisions to make in combat.

Try playing an edition other than 5e. Literally even 3.5 had fun decisions for fighters to make in combat.

>grapple and get hit in the face
>bullrush and get hit in the face
>do anything besides full attack and get hit in the face

>4rries continue stealthily shilling their edition
Nobody likes your game. There's a good reason it failed, and there's a good reason 5e has nothing in common with it.

First question... Is reskinning legal in 5e without slipping into the homebrew shitstorm? Is it allowable in adventure league?

Second question... I want to play Alucard from SOTN and I'm planning on playing a noble undying chainlock that is a dark elf reskinned as a dhampyr. Everything seems to fit asides from the racial magic, but that can just be brushed off as additional magic from being a warlock.

Crazily enough we're talking about 5e archetypes so even if your point wasn't retarded it still wouldn't be relevant

>Is it allowable in adventure league?
As far as I know, no. AL is no fun allowed zone at every level, and the only people who play it are those who can't find a party of their own.

>Second question... I want to play Alucard from SOTN and I'm planning on playing a noble undying chainlock that is a dark elf reskinned as a dhampyr.
Kindly neck yourself.

>and there's a good reason 5e has nothing in common with it.

LOL... yeah they have nothing in common. Except second wind, healing surges (hit dice), 1/day action surge shit, etc etc as well as a set bonus by level for all classes (proficiency / 1/2 level)?

At least in 4e, your AC fucking improves at some point so you can't be easily hit by a level 1 fucking orc.

IIRC you're allowed to call stuff whatever you want in AL as long as it's recorded properly on your character sheet (so for your example just make sure it's clear your mechanical race is Drow)

Crazily enough, maybe I am implying you should stop playing 5e and play 4e which was objectively better for fighters.

That's okay though, have fun rolling for your hit points like a fucking moron.

> fighter gets tons of feats but I won't use even one on specializing in a combat maneuver because fighters should be able to do everything without using any of the feats they are given because I am an entitled faggot, so I play 5e where my combat maneuvers still don't mean very much but they make me feel cool and spceial even though my maneuvers have jack shit effect on the actual outcome of the combat, or really any tactical relevance at all besides extra bookkeeping.

>Second wind
Oh no, fighters can regain a bit of hit points. So much like 5e!
> healing surges (hit dice)
Not even close. What are you doing in /5eg/, if you don't know about the system?
> 1/day action surge shit
...no?
> so you can't be easily hit by a level 1 fucking orc
A feature, not a bug.

Also, I recognize you from another thread. You were just as retarded there.

Hit dice really aren't all that similar to healing surges beyond the general concept.

Also bounded AC is something the people like about this edition. Remember, Boromir was strong as shit and he got killed by a mob of Uruk.
I guess being hit by low level enemies shatters your dreams of being an ebic anime hero just like Kirito though.

>Kindly neck yourself.
For someone who shits on adventure league for being no fun, you sure seem opposed to people having fun.

>fighters get tons of feats but if I don't spend them on the tax feats my character literally will not function at a basic level
fixed

>Session tonight
>Level 17 party
>Fighting a pair of homebrew super dragons
>One gets low on HP, starts to fly away
>Oh no you don't
>Pair up with an ally, Dimension Door on top of its snout, turns out flying 200 feet away wasn't far enough
>Flip myself into the dragon's mouth, end turn
>Dragon chomps on me, survive, get swallowed
>In the dragon's stomach, I reach into my pack and pull out a small magic item
>Daern's Instant Fortress
>Throw it back up into the dragon's throat, whisper magic word
>Two-story tall magic fortress erupts right inside the dragon's throat
>Dead
>Climb out of the dragon's corpse, covered in blood and spit, but victorious

That was fucking epic.

You actually have a point, but your character is still cringeworthy weebfaggotry impersonated.

Orson Welles really let himself go.

Basically a lot of people here dislike anime stuff. Myself included.

GitP and Reddit are the better options for help with that character. Not insulting you but they seriously are going to be more help then being called a weeaboo faggot on Veeky Forums

Did it fail its Dex save? DC15 isn't that high and dragons tend to have Legendary Resistance

Hit dice are basically healing surges in the way they structure healing because Wizards fags were so butthurt about the existence of CLW wands they had to add more bullshit arbitrary structure to a game. Also Merals could not balance for shit so instead of balancing casters, he made ALL the classes casters (fighter in 4e IS A CASTER, ranger in 4e IS A CASTER, and if you say otherwise you are full of shit because they use once per day abilities which ARE SPELLS) and he carried that over into 5e while bringing back shitty vancian casting, as well as hit dice to pander to grogs who don't even play D&D anymore.

>Remember, Boromir was strong as shit and he got killed by a mob of Uruk.

Boromir is only 7th level at best. A 20th level fighter in D&D is a literal god.

Fuck off, Virt.

Instant Fortress can only be summoned on the ground
>You can use an action to place this 1-inch metal cube on the ground and speak its command word.

I wish people would stop posting DM Fiat dragon-killing stories that are "totally epic" in these threads.

I was tired of it when it was a Drow soloing a white dragon and I'm sick of it now.

Not him but even if it didn't the DM most likely thought that was awesome enough to fly. I personally would've.

> pointing people to invest in trap option that won't work past level 5.

> fighters get tons of feats and if I spend literally one or two of them I can do something the average person can't which is what feats represent
> i am a triggered fuck who thinks martials should be able to do everything by default as reparations for the Martialcaust of 3.5
> give me affirmative action NOW

this is what you sound like. We are not restructuring the game because you are too butthurt about your role in the game. That's how we ended up with 4e.

>A 20th level fighter in D&D is a literal god.
I have my doubts about other editions but definitely not in 5e.

20th level fighters might be legendary, but they can still die.

That really isn't epic at all. Also the fortress should not have worked because there was not room to expand, so basically you made up rule of cool bullshit to feel good about yourself.

>No fun allowed

lol

It's cool because while connected to the fey, it is also the enemy of the fey as they fall under being Unholy.

Shhh you will wake up the neckbeard who think their hobby is superior to the other hobby. Despite posting in a chinese based internet message board made for discussion mango and animus

Whats the most POWERFUL Gestalt you can make, anons?
Remember, the rules for gestalt is: Every level, you take the features of two different classes. If two features conflict, take the better of the two.

An example is being a Champion Fighter/Hexblade Warlock gestalt. You get the fighter's hp since d10 is superior to d8. You get two classes for the price of one level, so you can reach the capstone abilities for both if you dont go fully insane by gestalt multiclassing.

>ending fights instantly by using a magic item is fun