ITT: present your original fantasy races

At least the most prominent ones.

Also, how do they live with eachother? I had that idea of certain sapient races being symbiotic, with one being nocturnal and the others being active on day

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/0PazXYvWs4U?list=PL0owwDn781aDV0k7TidVh9lvHoZs9Lfa3
pastebin.com/QTqWE9H8
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

My favorites were fungus people I made for a Stars Without Number game me and a few friends made once.

>Decentralized fungus creatures who grow from small, nonsapient spore creatures into eventually city and planet sized monsters.
>They technically can't die of old age, so much of the surface of their planet is covered in very, very old people having a nap.
>They eat everything. Everything. Including each other. And their young. Mostly their nonsapient young.
>They're basically luddites, most of their "technology" being a combination of growing their bodies in a specialized manner and using the totally-not-element-zero of the setting to do things.
>They never really invented pronouns. They refer to everyone by their full name and title always.
>Their entire government system is basically might makes right, since they regenerate pretty well and can't die easily. Someone will say they're doing something, and if anyone disagrees they fight.
>They are also fervent conservationists. Its no fun hunting and eating a species if you can't do it again next year.
>Their favorite international sport is war with each other. Winner eats parts of the loser.

They were heavily based on pic related.

Posted the wrong file. Here's the right one.

I was fond of an octopus folk race I made. They get around on land with the help of armatures, are vehemently anti-social amid their own race, and pass their name and identity down to their chosen child.

dwarfs reskinned as ant people
humans reskinned as crow people
elves reskinned as humans

>fantasy races

At this point, it basicly is

>Star Wars isn't Fantasy.

Oh, you poor miserable child.

Aw, what was it?

The Kuvald are a species of 7ft tall humanoids, with a thick hide and stag beetle like protrusions on their heads. They are often mistaken as insectoid, when they are most closely related to pachyderms. This misconception, along with their cultural and economic reliance on necromancy has earned them many inaccurate and ill informed slurs at their expense. To those unaccustomed to it, watching two dozen kuvaldi crawl in and out of the bloated undead corpse of one of many different giant flying creatures that they use as transportation can be quite upsetting.

Their lives in the harsh deserts is made possible through the labour of the undead. To die in kuvaldi lands is to sacrifice your corpse for the betterment of all. This can to conflicts with others, especially when a foreign dignitary is raised from the dead to till fields.

The kuvald naturally being a hardy bunch, with biologically expensive adaptations such as redundant organ systems. a layer specialized fatty tissue adapts to the stark changes in temperature between night and day through microfilamemt rearrangement of the tissue layers to regulate body temperature to optimal levels. This has the unfortunate side effect of requiring more food than what wild typically be available to a hunter gatherer society, leaving those with long memories to still view them as the locust like threat they once were.

Clever application of necromancy has now created an un-life cycle, where bodies are used to work fields until they can be cremated and let the magically infused ash be used for a myriad of applications. The three most common being a potent fertilizer, corpse glass, and the carbon used in making specialized steel.

The fertilizer is a mix of common nitrate rich material and the ashes. The results are crops that are naturally pest and blight resistant. Most other species find this too distasteful.

Corpse glass is primarily used as a control locus for undead, but it also makes for devious arrowheads and blunderbuss ammunition.

The excess carbon is also folded into steel production, as well as used in the heavy manufacturing of gunpowder. Access to plentiful potassium nitrate and sulfur sources makes them an economic powerhouse.

Hot

>>They never really invented pronouns. They refer to everyone by their full name and title always.
Can they speak English?

Pls explain

Kind of? Any time they would say "I" or "you" or "he" or "she" the instead use the persons proper name and title. They basically talk in permanent third person because of it.

Coincidentally because they are mushrooms, they also didn't develop a concept of gender beyond "sometimes these types of food are slightly different, whats up with that" so it made communicating with other, more traditional species weird as hell.

Octopus people who are naturally skilled with magic. Pretty dexterous due to 8 arms but also pretty squishy because no bones.
Have a big range in the oceans and also in bodies of water inland. Although they need water to survive, they sometimes venture on land with the aid of magic. They gather globes of water around them and hover above the ground in sort of magic fishbowl. Somewhat common to see them in coastal areas and towns, gathering or trading for things they can't get underwater. Rarely you'll see them further inland.

Fairly aloof and neutral towards other races on the surface. As far as they are concerned the seas are theirs and it wouldn't be worth the effort trying to colonize somewhere so inhospitable as the land. Vessels on the sea amuse them , rather than threaten, being seen a poor mirror to their own water bubbles. However any visitor from the land who manages to make their way down to their undersea territories are often treated with suspicion.

:'(

What? It was a happy ending.

A race of Nomadic and large wolves, made as a sort of mish mash of Nomadic African tribes and gypsies. They usually migrate across the land in set routes, to best take advantage of the climate changes year round. They also have a sort of herd animal they use as livestock, protecting them from more aggressive and merciless creatures in exchange for using them as food in ritualistic of festive scenario's.

All the various tribes get together near the largest lake in the country every 10 years to trade supplies, tricks and good area's to go to at certain points of the year to each other.

They have a loose relationship with most other races, if they aren't bothered they return the favour, only really communicating for trade and the like. They're also kind of selfish and apathetic, not really caring about most things unless it directly effects their race or their cattle. If for example a forest on a route they frequent was being threatened with expansion from another race, they'd rather change the route then try and defend it unless they didn't have a choice in the matter.

Interesting work-around for the whole "die with reproduction so they can't pass on culture" problem.

But what does he do? What are his likes and hobbies, and how do other people respond to him.

>A race of dryads/ents/tree-people that come into existence when the latent magic of a large and ancient forest congeals into one spot. The trees listen to travelers in the forest and therefore when the new sapient being comes into existence, it knows about modern and ancient history with large, comedic gaps in it's knowledge. The dryad also borrows the voices of those who talked in the forest and uses it when it communicates.

>A race of moth/butterfly men that can't "speak" normally and communicate through pheromones and body language. They're an amalgamation of all the myths and folklore about moths and butterflies

No it wasn't and you know it. A killer monster that happens to look cute is allowed to live and kill again. Next your gonna say that the vampire loli in Shiki doesn't deserve to die.

a race of beings that have numerous distant bodies of various shapes and sizes that are used for labor and other physical tasks, and only one original body with the brain. kind of like a hivemind i guess but not really since its a single being. they dedicate their life towards conquering territory and reinforcing the defenses in the location where their brain body is.

if a brain body is killed, the other bodies just exist chaotically until they are destroyed.

The opposite of nocturnal is diurnal, nyk

thats good to know

My best was probably the "Machine Ghosts"; which were basically a "race" of sentient magical souls. As they lacked a physical form they "possessed" either robots or living beings in order to meaningfully interact with the world around them. While they were naturally very capable of magic being magical energy themselves, the natural lack of a physical form restricted their ability to control/direct magic. They were capable of completely taking control of non-sentient organisms although the natural instincts of the host annoyed them. With sentient host there would commonly be a struggle for control of the body, the only exception being if the host was particularly weak willed, that mentally fatigued both the host and the ghost however if the host and the Specter agreed to collaborate the host would benefit from increased magical ability, heightened awareness, and greater intellect amount other benefits.

god, that anime fucked me up.

Fey creatures that are created as servants of the Fey Courts, with many ambidextrous and deft arms in order to clean and craft and work to their masters' needs, more skilled than any mortal beside those of legend. However, if one should be caught serving a mortal, they are expelled from the Land of Faerie by the magic that binds them, most of their skills are forgotten, and at most they can muster two sets of weak extra arms to set about whatever they manage in the mortal world.
They tend to be spiderlike, as their forms are crafted from the creatures. Their features still vary widely, as while some fey wish for their servants to emulate elven or human form, others cast them with a terrifying or pitiable visage, and still others have standards of beauty that are...disagreeable to most.

6-limbed humanoids that use the batwing appendages on their backs more for gliding, lunging, and climbing than flying.

Blood that they suck is shunted into a secondary circulatory system fed into the limbs, extracted of oxygen and plasma, then shot out of grooves in the forewings to blind prey. This necessitates an extra set of exposed non-vital "arteries" over the collarbone. Most warriors are unable to use this function due to past injuries, and among the common populace the organs have mostly degenerated.

They have large earlobes, commonly wearing earrings or even tattoos as cultural symbols.

I named them Nichtrem, but I'm starting to think I was high when I thought of that name.

What is this?

I like this. Got more?

youtu.be/0PazXYvWs4U?list=PL0owwDn781aDV0k7TidVh9lvHoZs9Lfa3

The Sonadin are the Princes of the House of Air in Locus.

They are tall and long-limbed, wide-eared with long lobes, thin eyes, and a wide and deep mouth. Their skin tends toward a yellow-gold. Their voices are melodic. They wear bells and chimes on their person, so they make music as they walk.

They live largely in theocratic harmonic societies where each knows their place and time known as the Chorus. This lifestyle is enforced largely by their faith, a belief in the Song of Spheres. Those who refute the harmony are known as Din. The Din are treated as folk-heroes, vagrants, and demons.

Since Convergence, the Sonadin have found a place in Locus as a prominent part of the Akasian Empire, with their philosophy of living in harmony being conducive to empiric living, and their tonal instruments which are capable of playing melodies of Killing and Sending.

>A fungal infection of the blood that which also enjoys a gestalt mind.
>Dozens of people need to be thoroughly infected for before sentience can manifest.
>A single infected individual operates like a standard zombie.
>After a few are infected they can coordinate like wolves.
>Once enough bodies have been infected to grant sentience/sapience, things get bad in a hurry.

Each colony of fungus becomes it's own distinct individual mind so it's possible for minds to meet through their thralls.

Reminder that best girl won, if you think otherwise you're a faggot

A race of sentient automatons given life by creating artificial souls out of pieces of willing "sacrifices". They offered a memory wipe for anyone who asked and took a tiny piece of their souls to make a new automaton. While they all operate with a pseudo hive-mind they have varying personalities based on who their soul was crafted from.

I've been working on these guys little by little since grade school and I will finally be able to use them in a upcoming game and I'm really excited to see if my players like them

My setting's custom races:

Human mutations:
Daomu Zhe (Chinese for Ghoul/Harmful Spirit) are the most common of the human offshoots. From birth they begin developing scar tissue on the top of their skin, which builds up over time. The top of which calcifies into numerous hard plates covering the body. They can't sit still for too long because the plates will begin to grow together, this will happen if a Daomu is bed ridden. They also shed hair, teeth, and nails constantly, and are normally nearly bald except for hair coming out of their oversized ears (one of the few things that don't scar as badly). They have roughly the same physique as humans but are often perceived as shorter due to having a hunched look because of their plating giving them a bulbous back.

Xingxing (Chinese for Ape) are the last one. Take a human, make it stout and pot bellied (essentially giving a human the shape of an orangutan). Give a set of long muscular arms, each with a second set of elbows allowing for better movement (these joints are all double jointed with free movement). Their faces are much more ape like than normal humans, with large lips and flattened nose. Xingxing are often employed as engineers due to the fact their arms can easily reach into holes normal humans could not reach at all.

Mifeng (Chinese for Honey Bee), which are what would occur if you made humans aquatic. large and blubbery like a manatee, grey skinned with many folds. Nearly no nose, and instead prehensile nostrils they can open and close. Large eyes with black irises, making them sun sensitive, and a second set of eyelids to close over them when underwater. No ears, just holes in the side of their head which are also closeable. On their arms are large fleshy flaps that are fairly rigid and used for movement in the water, and their feet are longer and flattened.

Shetou (Chinese for Tongue) are taller and more lithe than humans, base humans describing them as "skeletal". Their originally developed and lived in caves. Their eyes are beady and also light sensitive. They have no lower jaw, instead a single massive tongue that hangs heavily downwards (making them prone to dehydration in hot climates). Their speaking patterns are warped due to an inability to use a lower jaw.

Unstable Human Mutation:
Guaiwu (Chinese for Monster) come in a wide variety of physical forms. They are often born to those exposed directly to the Shattered Lights. While the parents will not change their children are often born in freakish forms. Many can not take care of themselves or simply are still born. One in a dozen lives through infancy and one in a hundred live to adulthood. Those that do drew the lucky lot that their mutations have proven in some way useful.

Other:
Xiyiren (Chinese for Lizard Man) are a number of humanoid creatures that appeared inside the continent from beyond the Shattered Lights. They are physically light and slight, having seven limbs including a prehensile tail with webbing between all seven. They use these to glide and fly on thermals. As a cost for their flight they are physically weak compared to humanity. When contacted by humans they refuse to speak of the home they left and how exactly they came through the Shattered Lights, or if they can return to them safely.

Setting pitch:
Several hundred years after an occult fueled apocalypse North America has finally become livable once more. Settlers from mainland china live in city states along the west coast, now having declared independence from imperial rule, and struggle in constant conflict with the barbaric tribes to the south and their rattling smoke belching motored vehicles. Dotting the landscape is pieces more valuable than gold. Rubber, chemicals, perhaps even preserved documents on how to make them lie buried beneath the landscape. The California coast has become hostile, and in recent time the city states unstable after breaking away from control of the Imperial Dynasty. With beasts twisted by strange energies, black oil barbarians, and greedy abhumans abounding how can one make their fortune in this new land?

In summary, chinafornia.

pastebin.com/QTqWE9H8

W-worth it?

>Xingxing
>猩猩

>Mifeng
蜜蜂

>Shetou
舌頭

>Guaiwu
怪物

>Xiyiren
蜥蜴人

The only one I can't figure out is Daomu Zhe. What are the characters you're using?
>盜墓者?

IMO something sounds off about 怪物 for 'monster' but to be honest it's perfectly fine as a translation.

My homebrew has;

Sapient AI that isn't hivemind based (uses a quantum singularity to power/anchor itself to reality)
Sapient AI that IS hivemind based (think Geth but less comunial and about who's strongest)
AI that learned to program reality and became the BBEG when it went out of control
An insectoid race that is effectively feral if the only other species that's interacted with it is another insectoid from the same race
'Human' Aliens that came about because pure bred humans existed a fucking long time ago

there's a few.

Me and my friend are designing a table top system, the vanilla is a sky pirate world, where civilizations have taken foot atop mountain peaks and don't travel below the (low sky) cloud line, cuse it's filled with horrifying monsters. Magic is kinda wired in that it either isn't very strong (sorcs are a thing, but arn't world enders and generall rely on catrips and thelike), or requires you to sacrifice something (human magic sacrifices time through ritual, as an example)

The three races besides human, you can be are
>Voral
Bird people, magic through singing, isolationist and tribal. They make up the population in the most remote regions, don't have a large navy, but can fuck your day up with their singing magic (works like bard buffs, but more intense)
>Ursus of Sal
Super intelligent bears (for a bear, human level int) that have evolved an opposable thumb. The currently occupy the largest single land mass (giant continent sized plateau), magic is based on sacrificing flesh. They hold possession of the strongest navy, use what are effectively flying islands as ships, and have a isolationist society.
>Medua
Squid like beings from below the clouds. Telepathic (weakly, only for communication) alien, and magic-less they are the tinkerers and mechanics of the setting. They don't think in words, but in more of a picture based thing (a specialization they can take is 'Wrench Bucket' which lets them pretty much create unique and mad scientist level shit

That's just the PC races there are strange NPC races too.

A race of sentient skeleton people who can incorporate any bones into their body, provided their previous owner's soul has passed into the afterlife.

Taught me to never send skeletal dragons after my players

I have:

Native American Cenobites
Musical Indian Buddha statue people
Toga-wearing mechanical engineers.
The mechanical puzzle-men creations of the mechanical engineers.
Blinged out nuclear physicist Bedouins.
Nega-Buddhist Ooze People
Memory hoarding scholar monks.
Chimeric Mammal People
Chimeric Bug People
Chimeric Bird People
Chimeric Marine People
Sororicidal Psychic Potted Plant Slavers

Don't have a name for them, closest thing I can think of is Terrestrial Coral:
>Start life as symbiotic polyps growing inside their hosts
>Fuse to their nervous systems, enhancing cognitive ability/reaction time
>Induce craving for minerals, using them to improve host's natural armament
>Grow larger and supplement host's natural musculature with additional fibers
>Spread interlocking mineral fibers under skin to improve defenses
>Eventually replace host's entire body with their own, brain being the last
>Mind shared then used as blueprint for the polyp's own
>Polyps evolved to match the rate of their hosts so as to not shorten their lifespans
>Eventually become a structurally identical copy of the host
>Develop further, using mineral fiber as a substrate to develop armor
>Live, eat, grow, and mate in this form for decades
>Eventually, protective shell becomes restrictive, at which point maturity is reached
>Polyp finds a safe spot before extending pre-root tendrils into ground
>Shell fuses into a solid piece, becoming a single solid object with small pores
>Small pores used as exit points from which the polyp can secrete mineral slurry to build up the shell
>Nutrients extracted from ground and stored genetic material used to produce polyps
>Polyps dispersed into the air to begin cycle anew
>Coral does this until the shell grows too large and collapses under its own weight
>Added bonus, the polyps' symbiotic benefits are well known and attract various animals/peoples
>Knowing the improvements that the polyps give, their parents are protected and cultivated

If you are into monster girls then yes

>Reminder that best girl won, if you think otherwise you're a faggot
You are mistaken this wasn't a contest, all of it was "just as planned".

Need I remind you people that according to Japanese mythology all the things that happened were just the natural order of things?

Humans exist only to be food and maybe entertainment and pets for the supernatural gods and spirits. Even if humans became the dominant animals of the planet, they are still merely basic animals compared to the incomprehensible forces around them that they don't even know to exist or won't believe to exist.

It ended exactly as it "should have" end.

Sentient glass that occurs when lightning strikes the sand of the beaches of what is basically the magic dead sea. Often made into jars and given as novelty gifts by locals

Dwarves.

Largest creatures to walk the earth. Also the oldest.

When the world was younger, they compared themselves to what they could. Namely mountains and redwoods and such. So they found themselves dwarved.

Hence the massive dwarfs

Well, one of my proudest creations is "Helplings", a race of creatures who are driven by their instincts to find a master for themselves that they will help for their entire lives. I actually wrote pretty extensive details about their lives and biology.

Pic related, artist's rendition of a helpling.

HI ITS MISTER MEESEEKS

From that short description, similarities are there, right? Though of course its hard to believe but I created them back in 2008.

im stealing those squid people

Fun fact, another unique ability is called 'Squishyredwigglything'

Basically, they use their tentacles to become a controlling parasite in a host. It's horrifying.

They are also effectively immortal, reverting to a polyp state when severely injured or eaten. They do not lose mass during this process, and can float so they get big. Like kiju dwarfing big (lore hints that they are they old ones, in actuallity they ate them). The bears declared them bears because they couldn't deal with them when they settled on Sal.

They terrify the bears.
>they terrify the bears

So like Minions, but actually interesting.

I made a race of snake/worm like creatures with psychic abilities. They would coil around larger creatures to absorb heat & energy. They could telepathically communicate with their host, boost their reaction times, or even temporarily take over their kind.

Hopefully sci-fi counts
>Reptilian insect crossbreed aliens
>2 Arms can split into 4
>They destroyed and consumed the race that created them
>Taking their creators technology to further they're species
>Very fast metabolism
>Consumption of organic material increases healing dramatically
>As for culture, they are a warrior race that abides by a matriarch
>Basically space ants
>Different tribes follow different matriarchs
>War is very profitable as they have a proficiency for it
I'm working on a currency but other than dealing with they other races' economy I can't think of one

They made me think of the heptapods from the arrival

Not a high bar to jump over, but hopefully atleast that much.

They are naturally nomadic, operating on a twice yearly loop around their lands. Different holy sites are mostly scattered around the coasts, each serving as pilgrimage point as well as a functional step in the life and death cycles of the Kuvald.

The kiln of ruvesh is one such site, where bodies that have served their time, or are too damaged are cremated. The kiln itself is a massive clay oven, burning day and night with a combination of an arcane power source in the setting, as well as a stolen spark of power from the nearby volcanic island chain. The city built around it, and the other sites are much like a combination of Mecca and boom town Detroit. A city built to serve a singular purpose, with a massive influx of population regularly happening for a holy event. The semi-permanent tent cities on the outskirts are ever expanding, with more permanent structures expanding in a slower inner circle.

The whole nomadic track's purpose is mostly to scavenge precursor tech, as well as collect dead creatures and sapients for workers or transportation. The harsh desert is full of lost ruins and remnants, with the ever shifting sands revealing new sites and burying old.

The Kuvald have little use for much of what they scavenge, seeing it as dangerous. They instead trade it for preservatives (both for food and bodies), wood, and volantium (a power source). They mostly trade with the Rahkshasa only benign remnants, bits of art and collector's items. The human empire of Brenzik however, is constantly hungering for blue prints, weapons, armor, anything they can use to learn from the precursors. Their wealth is also limited by their big imports of fresh water, food, textiles, and metals.

All right, I'll drop the reference sheets and detailed writeups for three of my races. Unfortunately, the artist I was commissioning stopped having the free time to work with me, so the air race hasn't been concepted.

And the relative size chart. The black silhouettes are humans, and the white silhouettes are the undeveloped air race.

How have we gotten this far without mentioning Moleste Maggee OR Fivecabbage?

I've been playing with a sort of tripedal race for a while.
General body shape is sort of a shape like WoW's horde symbol with the dot being it's head placement and arms on the middle spikes.
Skull and spine are connected with a thick bone plate protecting their top and upper back, head just sort of sloping into the body without much of a neck.
Three legs with some heavy muscles, the sort built to carry lots of stuff. Thee fingered hands, a thumb, a muscular middle finger, and a dextrous little finger.

Evolved to be clever and rely on building traps and structures to survive instead of being fast or having the best weapons. So in modern times they'd have some of the larger more well built strongholds filled with defensive traps and turns that would lead you away from important people.

>Evolved to be clever and rely on building traps and structures to survive instead of being fast or having the best weapons.
Like humans?

Probably more so. Humans did have a period of running animals down, these guys wouldn't of.
Like pre-stone age ones would've done things like wait on cliffs holding boulders or make crushing traps. Around the time humans were chasing mammoths into traps these guy would've been using mammoth sized pit falls and traps that roll logs over things like horses and bears without need for manual input.

She didn't deserve to die. The villagers were filthy Communists.

My Dwarves, Elves and Gnomes all are descendants of Stone, Crystal and Metal elementals respectively. Said elementals were formed by the sapient energy field of the planet in response to Aberrations and other planes travelers attempting to subjugate it's resources. While they all eventually kinda fell into their tropes, the most keenly different were the Duergar who I altered quite a bit.

Duergar were basically the missing link between Dwarves and the initial stone elementals. Their stats haven't changed but their culture is more or less steeped in their initial purpose of killing aliens.

>Names do not traditionally exist in Duergar culture. They are given a number and a rank though Duergar who deal with the surface world may take an informal name which is to never be used outside of negotiations with other races.
>Duergar specifically ban any form of worship, to gods, ancestors or otherwise. Notable heroes of Duergar history are never named within their records.
>When a Duergar comes of age, they're trained for years before their last test which is going into the Underdark and more or less navigating to the other end of the planet, on foot, surviving the Aberrations that still dwell within. Very few survive.
>Only species to widely use firearms and they viciously guard their use and manufacture to the point of sinking entire surface towns on the rumor of pistol sightings.
>Shoulder the burden of keeping the monsters of the deep from reaching the surface.
>The Feywild once invaded the material world, only to have a battalion of Duergar storm a portal and begin viciously murdering Fey with Cold Iron bullets.
>There is now a Duergar stronghold within the Feywild which is isolated. They could have kept a portal to home open but stranded themselves due to protocol and their animosity for outsiders of any kind.

>Crystal
But that's just a type of formation that both stone and metal display.

Huh, crud. Would Glass be better?

>Communists
>Hate Immigrants
>Pro-Gun
>Anti-Gun
>Super Atheist
>Anonymous

I-I can't tell! Are they /pol/ or anti-/pol/!?

Maybe I'm just a weeaboo faggot, but a different species came to mind first.

Weeboobs are not very original but you can populate your realm with whatever you want.

In that case I would fluff them as mutants or otherwise degenerate race.

And forgot to mention; you're still kinda playing with apples and oranges here.

Reminds me of the serfs from conduit, what else do you have for them?
They amuse me, so it works.

Very interesting, what were you going to use them for?

I put together an alchemically created race of rabbit-morph creatures that use a bit of Lovecraft Mythos and Goetia. Slave race created for all your usual minion labor needs. Used them as a throw-away enemy or villains minions in a few games and got a how-to guide for growing them. Debating getting more stuff done, eventually planned to have an encyclopedia type thing done that would have examples of all 72 breeds based on the demon involved and so on.

You know, I want to see the Hiigarans on Star Trek now. I don't care that crossovers almost always suck.
>Heptapods are a cargo cult made up entirely of precognitives.

>Give them a pile of random mechanical junk. They wouldn't know how any of it worked, but they could assemble working machines by looking ahead to see every potential future where they stick the pieces together randomly, selecting the future in which the randomly assembled junk coincidentally takes the form of whatever machine they wanted, then repeating exactly what they saw themselves doing in that future so it ends up being the future that actually comes to pass.
>So, the Pakled, but interesting?

Im working on making a race of whale people with slight ties to cthulu like mythos but so far its just an idea

No feedback on this?

No, no feedback on your list that contains barely more detail than the session notes for a mid-management meeting in an accounting firm.

We need details to give feedback with or to prompt other questions.

I have an Idea about a race of 4 armed slime like humanoids that have a shame based society.
>race originally started as progenitor race attempt at creating life
>created a small slime that mimics nearby insects then violently consumes them after integrating
>after repeated tests with the creation the scientist lose control of a few
>mass panic ensues as it spreads and the slime starts spreading, intergrating, mimicing, and consuming all animals and eventually the progenitor race after awhile
>Once civilization is destroyed, slime race is stuck resembling the progenitor race.
>eventually intelligence reemerges within the slime hybrid race.
>their society revolves around worshiping the progenitors races exploits and technology.

>Reminds me of the serfs from conduit, what else do you have for them?

Quite a lot, but unfortunately its all in another language and I dont have the chance to translate it right now. And of course I dont remember it from the top of my head as I made them almost ten years ago. I would also have to explain bit about the world they live in to explain why their need to help people is so important and that is another can of worms to be opened.

Alright then. Right off the bat you should know the world they're all in is composed of a multitude of other worlds that survived the Convergence, a collapse of all Timespaces into a single world. This world is called Locus.

>Native American Cenobites
A people who favour the element of Body, who exalt the flesh and worship Living-Corpse Gods. Their practices glorify their bodies and require them to use all the materials of that which they kill. Their bodes come in all shapes and sizes, but their teeth tend to be pointed. Ritualistic piercings and scarification are also common.

>Musical Indian Buddha statue People
A people who favour the element of Air. They worship the Song of Spheres. Most of their kind live in a faith enforced harmonious society, but there are those called the Din who play their own tune so to speak. They're regarded as folk heroes, vagrants, and demons. These people can sing magical melodies, and through an instrument project things like Killing Melodies like sound guns, or Sending Melodies like radio towers. These two instruments have made them a great force in the world.

>Toga-wearing mechanical engineers
These people favour the element of Earh, and exalt in the Mechanism. They believe existence operates by a mechanism created by the Prime Mover and Grand Designer, the Monad. Their philosophy extends further, but working material and elements, they make it more holy.

>The mechanical puzzle-men creations of the mechanical engineers
The result of trying to mechanize the element of Mind. Initially designed as mere worker golems, the creation of a great mechanical mind in their Timespace tipped the balance and caused Convergence. Now with the elements all being strong and equal on Locus, they have discovered thought and reason.

>Blinged out nuclear physicist Bedouins.
These people favour the element of Fire, and wield it's power cautiously. Their cities are powered by mini-stars, and their reflective clothing is as much a show of affluence as a method of protection. Their Timespace caused Convergence on the eve of essentially what was nuclear holocaust. They guard their powers closely.

>Memory hoarding scholar monks.
A people who favour the Element of Mind. Once they had achieved in being a hivemind in their Timespace, and created a great record of everything. Since Convergence, the Hivemind has been shattered, much knowledge and memory has been lost. They compulsively record and collect information to reconstruct the Great Record, and store this information in the minds of ascetic monks, bound to be nodes in a vast telepathic information network.

>Chimeric Animal People
Types of people who favour the element of Body, but have internalized the other elements. All of them have a common origin of a single Timespace. There was a great battle among the beasts of their world, and from the pooling blood emerged four kind of beings. Each is a conglomeration of a kind of beast, who earned sentience. Even now they rival each other in Locus.

>Sororicidal Psychic Potted Plant Slavers
They are beings who favour Mind. Coming from a Timespace in which plant-life ruled over all, they achieved a super conscious and enslaved all other life on their world. Their wars tipped the balance into Convergence, and since they they travel with thralls of mind slaves. Many of the Chimeric Bug People have fallen under their sway.

I got two.

#1: Slime people. Their main shtick is that they're globs of goo in high temperatures, and can be sculpted into a form in freezing temperatures. They can build up biomass as time goes on to become more intelligent. Losing biomass means memory loss. If you shatter a frozen one you can revive it by melting it down in a pile.

#2: Racial Twin People. Every person in this race is born with a twin. When one of the twins die they are considered half dead. Similar to Asamar/Fallen Asamar that there are 'good' ones (both twins), and 'bad' ones (one twin dead).