/CofD/ & /wodg/ Chronicles of Darkness and World of Darkness General

Apocalyptic Revelations Edition
Previous thread: >Pastebin:
pastebin.com/xrKUUi0A

>News
theonyxpath.com/release-roundup-january-2017/
paradoxinteractive.com/en/white-wolf-partners-with-focus-home-interactive-for-a-video-game-adaptation-of-the-world-of-darkness-storyteller-game-werewolf-the-apocalypse/

This week's Monday Meeting Notes:
theonyxpath.com/whats-the-deal-monday-meeting-notes/

>Question:
So, Network Zero gets their big wish and the Unspoken Masquerade is broken. Humanity finds out about the monsters in the shadows and majorly chimps out. Monsterdom, in return, decides "fuck you all; if I'm going down, I'm taking you with me!" and lashes out with everything they got as people try to wipe them out. How bad do things get for humanity?

Exarchs dispatch Ochemata back in time to brutally excise from existence whatever it is that let the cat out of the bag.

With the cat now firmly back in the bag, your regularly scheduled reality can continue.

Humans win because we have God on our side.

Doesn't mean the world can't take one hell of an ass-reaming before the monsters go bye-bye, though. Freshly woken Mummies can call down meteor strikes and make earthquakes. Hell, werewolves just need to throw up their claws and open the border gates between Flesh and Spirit and humanity will be drowning in hostile spirits.

>How bad do things get for humanity

It depends on whether humanity treats mages as monsters or their saviors/overlords.

Let's go with the most likely answer and say "monsters". Then what's your answer?

So I'm playing a teenage Thyrsus girl who doesn't get into trouble. Have a bestie sleeper friend who is quite the rebel and she got knocked up by her deadbeat boyfriend. One day I find my friend lying on the floor bleeding. She wanted to keep the baby but the boyfriend didn't and beat her badly. She bled to death before I was able to get any decent healing spells in. However the unborn child was still barely alive. On an impulse I cast a spell to make by womb ready for pregnancy and used another spell to transfer the fetus in me. I am no carrying my friend and that asshole's daughter in me. How will I be able to hide this pregnancy from public? Here am I, still a virgin and already pregnant! I still live with my folks and I am an honor student. The bastard is still out there somewhere too.

This isn't Dresden Files/Night Watch mate. Exarchs/God Machine can slap humanity back into stone age if they want to and there is shit humans can do about it

God just undoes that even quicker than a blink of an eye. God takes a shit on all the monsters and makes them into merchandise to be sold at the nearest mall, their sentience forever entangled with the fluffy things.

I don't even know what you guys are discussing. oWoD and nWoD don't take place in the same universe.

Then explain answers from anons like - are they for real, or just damn deluded? Because everything I heard everywhere is that one of the biggest differences between OWoD and NWoD is that humanity went from being everybody's bitch to being capable of curbstomping the occult underground if it woke up.

Mages would still probably join up with the humans. So would the hunters.

This might be a shity bait thou

Oh, so you're talking nWoD? Ignore my God-posting then.

Hunters are humans. Why would mages join with the sleepers?

>God

Don't forget that Archmages are also potentially in the same league as Big G. The humans win this disgustingly easily.

Mages are also human, albeit altered.

Both Exarchs and God Machine are embeded into the nature of CofD world. It's like trying to punch out the planet or the universe. Only you can't even touch it

>Mages are humans and have humanity's best interest in mind

Ok.

Let's be honest, in nWoD normal humans are perfectly capable of learning paradox-free magic specially made to hunt monsters (Benedictions, etc.), grafting monster body parts to people to turn them into super soldiers without making them monsters and building techno-magical WMDs. Monsters are completely screwed, even mages.
Ind oWoD it's less clearly cut. Vampires are toast unless the antediluvians wake up, but non-technocrat mages may have a surge in power if the Consensus turns in their favor. I'd imagine the Technocracy would also initially side with them, but who knows.

If she actually exists, Gaia too would be heavily embedded. Not sure about the Principal.

>Let's go with the most likely answer and say "monsters".

The Pentacle joins with the Seers and demonstrate with extreme prejudice to the stupid monkeys that ignorance was truly bliss.

So what Attainments would Uratha Wives Thyrsus Legacy have? What would be their 3rd ruling Arcana?

>even mages

This is literally impossible when you consider how Archmasters deploy their magic. The war never even happened, period. It just doesn't.

Oh yeah. Forgot about those two. Also True Fae are likely outside of humanitys range and as long as they exist so will changelings

>in nWoD normal humans are perfectly capable of learning paradox-free magic specially made to hunt monsters

The Harry Potter wannabes don't stand a chance against directed werewolf gifts and rites and vampire blood magic, no less the power of Awakened magic. If archmages decide to enter the fray, human resistance would best be described as laughable.

>True Fae

The Gentry aren't exactly embedded in anything other than their own personalized realities. The closest thing to that would be the Wyrd, which isn't actually an entity, more so a semi-living force of narrative.

>How bad do things get for humanity?

After the human resistance fails miserably, the last ragtag remnants of mortals will be ushered into camps. It will not be pretty.

Yes but I'm thinking more in a way of "How would you even fight those" and to beat them you would have to cut them off from earth so they starve themselves out

>So I'm playing a teenage Thyrsus girl who doesn't get into trouble
I read that as "doesn't want no trouble".

You know, honestly, there have been times I've wondered what it'd be like to run a Vampire Hunter D inspired "post-apocalyptic World of Darkness"; a ChroD setting where the Masquerade came down, the monsters fought desperately to survive... and, to their surprise, found they won. Only problem is, they kind of fucked the world up in the process and now they've got to figure out what to do.

This thread is not making the idea less appealing.

Humans would only stand a small chance if the various supernaturals suffered from significant infighting or a major splat sided with mortals.

If the humans are smart, they will bargain with mages, the most powerful splat and those closest to baseline humans. Sadly, as a group, humans often choose very poorly...

>Archmasters
>Caring about anything but themselves
They'll gladly let the others burn since they can't be affected by the "puny mortals", right? That's the argument you people always bring up whenever you have to wank your favorite splats.

Archmasters care about their obsessions and projects. An apocalypse-level event could very well interfere with their omens, thus warranting their intervention lest they face a minor inconvenience.

That's the entire point of the Pax Arcanum.

>supernaturals suffered from significant infighting

You mean like arguments between vampires and mages on whether the human insects in the internment camps should be treated as food cattle or just work slaves and experimental subjects?

The outing of all the supernatural to humanity would either effectively nullify the Pax or, if the humanity is very lucky, result in a few archmages simply resetting the timeline/reality and purge the offending people and material.

In the CofD, humanity is generally not "lucky."

What if a group of archmages' pet project is destroying all monsters? Anyway, humanity will win, simply out of sheer numbers and VALKRYRIE's super-science becoming mainstream. Anyone who argues otherwise is a clearly deluded magefag/vampfag/whatever.

>arguments between vampires and mages on whether the human insects in the internment camps should be treated as food cattle or just work slaves and experimental subjects

Don't werewolves and other splats get a say on the disposition of the human vermin in the camps?

>What if a group of archmages' pet project is destroying all monsters?
Then the vast majority of the other Seekers annihilate them rather promptly. This is an explicit consequence / punishment of the Pax.

>Anyway, humanity will win
But they don't, sorry. They're up against gods here. Gaia is the actual planet, the God-Machine is the brain of the planet, Archmages bend existence to their will, and the Exarchs are the living fundamentals of reality.

This isn't up for discussion.

>Anyway, humanity will win, simply out of sheer numbers and VALKRYRIE

You mean the underfunded, PTSD sleepers of TFV controlled by vampires? LOL

Humanity's numbers can be culled with astonishing ease. Have you seen the capabilities of the Arcana at 5 dots, no less the Imperial Practices. A few plagues and atomic incidents, interspersed with some liberal mind control, zombie attacks and general Fate mayhem, and the remaining human refugees will almost beg to enter the camps...

>Wolves :Whelp back to pangea I guess
> Changelings: What did just happened?...OH SHIT HUNTSMEN
>Mummy: Back to sleep. See how it pans out in next 2000 years
>Angels/Demons: Just put them in cubicles. 2 meters high. 3 meters wide. With entrance pointing South-West

Humanity has their own gods and supernatural patrons who explicitly aren't from the main splats or support them in anyway. Are they considered monsters or not?

You are fucking retarded.

>VALKRYRIE

TFV actually has some idea of the capabilities of many supernaturals, and will know just how fucked humanity will be in any open confrontation.

They will be the first to accept their new (mage) overlords in a bid to prevent humanity's extinction or worse.

What happens if mages remain neutral or if some support the mortal resistance?

I don't even know why I come to these threads. All you people do is wank Mages even more than the devs do and pointlessly circlejerk dumb supremacy memes. It may have been fun once or twice, but it has been stale for months, maybe even years. Barely anyone talks about their games, almost no one asks for advice. You've driven everyone away with your childish bullshit.

Then the Pax Arcanum gets all clunky. Godlike beings are going to wage war on behalf of their associated splats. Archmages, Oracles, Exarchs and other ascendants fighting against various high rank spirits & ghosts, the God-Machine and countless Gentry, among others.

I would still bet on the Mage team, just because of how Imperial magic works. They overrate anything. It wouldn't be fun to be in the middle of it all, as Archmages don't fuck around.

If OPP released more good material, there would be more substantive discussions.

Instead, the very little we get is crap like ex-Amish bloggers who can defeat archmasters with a cell phone cameras.

>but it has been stale for months, maybe even years
Mage supremacy has been around since 1993

Also, you ever think that some of us actually like having theoretical discussions about the Mage setting? Don't blame the fans, blame our numbers.

That is like one section of Hurt Locker. Other than that book is alright. Liked it more than Secrets of the Covenants anyway

>Mage supremacy has been around since 1993

Kneel before Voormas!

How can you enjoy having the same discussions every damn thread, without new arguments? Wouldn't you rather talk about the cool things happening in your games or give advice to other players?

>Liked it more than Secrets of the Covenants anyway

The first Requiem 2e supplement, taking years to release, and it could best be described as crap. Such a waste.

Hopefully, A Thousand Years of Night will be significantly better, but I'm not optimistic.

Well I often get like one response or get completely ignored. People enjoy their stale memes

I would give them 3$ for the rules and toss the story section into garbage. Compare this to first edition clan books or covenant books. Just sad

It's going to terrible. Super elders are the thing I hate the most about Masquerade, and now we're getting a full supplement for them in Requiem.

They're not going to be the Archmage equivalent for Requiem.

>They're not going to be the Archmage equivalent for Requiem

From Rose's comments and spoilers, it seems ATYON will be all about flashbacks and ST advice.

I'm preparing for a Secrets of the Covenants-level disappointment.

>I would give them 3$ for the rules

The new rules even sucked. Despite the years in production, I don't believe a single one was ever playtested.

Some were meh but I admit I loled when I read "Oath of the hard motherfucker" because I always imagine this cultured, polite invictus elder saying

>Now young neonate! Upon your blood swear the oath.....OF THE HARD MOTHERFUCKER!

In the event of the global outing of the supernatural, I'm curious if DaveB thinks humans will treat mages as monsters or potential allies and/or whether mages will choose to back the humans in the inevitable conflict?

>Oath of the hard motherfucker

I find ghetto vampires so uncouth.

This does kinda suck. Outside of rules I look for plot ideas but If this book is going to be filled with shity stories I'd rather buy more Night Watch books or something

There is also Fuckin Thief merit in carthian section.

Carthians are uncouth by nature, but I expect more from the Invictus.

Well I do have Invictus NPC who was a street thug before the WWII and carried his mannerism into the unlife. This does peeve a lot of other members but they can't question his skills and loyalty. On official occasions seneschal is always within earshot of him to smooth out his blunders

Don't ask questions you don't want to know the answer to.

What level of Forces would be required to upgrade Forces Mage Armor to also act as ballistic armor of the same level? Similarly, what Practice would be required to create a "shield" to downgrade lethal attacks to bashing?

Nobody answer this.

The question is probably to cross-over-y for Dave to want to respond.

>Nobody answer this

Why? It's a basic spellcasting rule question, and it doesn't involve mega-level mage abilities.

DaveB is the best though. Perhaps if we sacrifice thirteen virgin Komodo dragons he will appear before us.

>what Practice would be required to create a "shield" to downgrade lethal attacks to bashing?

Since full Shielding requires 2 dots, I would say such an effect would be a 1 dot Compelling spell.

>if we sacrifice thirteen virgin Komodo dragons

No, such an act would incur his wrath, and it would be terrible indeed!

I believe the old "say his name three times before a mirror" worked in the past, but Dave is a truly fickle god.

I'd say it's Forces 2. One level of lethal downgraded to bashing per dot of Potency.

Forces 2 Shielding can render a mage immune to all kinetic or other energy damage. It would seem something as simple as downgrading attacks would require a lesser Practice.

>implying mages would side with humans
>implying the humans wouldn't be lynch mobbing every caster in sight

Is Quiescence still in effect?

The Pure collectively go 'told you so'.

That sounds pretty boss actually. A vast wasteland with monsters ruling openly- but having to deal with horrible devastation and a lack of usable resources.

Vampiric enclaves, offering mortals protection in return for blood

Werewolf patrols desperately struggling to keep the spirit world from going full shit

Mages acting as independent agents, what little organization they had dead along with the need for secrecy.

Mummy cults preserving settlements via fear of the awakening of their master

Changelings are still fucked though. Especially the ones kidnapped before the End- they're gonna be really fucking surprised.

Nobody tells stories about their gaming experiences. And any questions that get asked get one answer at max, and are lucky to get that.

/wodtg/ is worthless. I don't know why I come here.

Tell us more. He sounds interesting.

Crawl back to the OPP forums, you degenerate!

Yeah, because actually talking about playing in a WoD game or helping people with questions is against /wodtg/ standards.

So guy was a thug in pre-war Warsaw. Mostly running protection and simple robbery he was actually motivated by getting money to pay for medication and treatment of his ill wife. But than war came and he had to switch to something else. So he figured I'll smuggle Jews out of ghetto, safe house them then move out of the city for money.

All went well until one family he placed in a safehouse was sold out to the germans by some asshole. Than ghetto upraising came. Our hero growing desperate decided to at least salvage some stuff from emptied buildings. And there is where he found the guy that ruined his last run and caused him the loss of source of income. Not thinking much about this he decided to exact his revenge and this is where
>Forgive my curiosity my good man but why are you drowning my servant in a puddle? Also I think he already choked on the mud

Just had my first session with Mage. Mages are really the most powerful splat, but all this power goes right up to head, and they fuck up themselves with Paradox pretty quickly. Then Time mage fucks up "rewind time" spell...

>Forgive my curiosity my good man but why are you drowning my servant in a puddle? Also I think he already choked on the mud

Go on...

So during the war all vamps who could(and every other supernatural) moved to the countryside or at least out of town. Invictus seneschal was the one keeping tabs on what is going on. And then when he is supposed to met his informant he finds this guy beating the shit out of said informant. Long story short our hero gets hired to replace guy he just killed and few years later gets embraced. After that he begged out embrace for his wife as well. Long story short some 50 years later they are both still leaving in a nice small house in a middle class district, own two Yorkshire terriers and he breaks bones for invictus while she keeps their neighborhood nice and tidy.

During the course of campaign he got cought by Cheiron group while protecting one of my players investigating something and got badly fucked up due to their experiments. In and offscreen event he got pulled out off trouble by prince himself as
>On today's news: Pharma Industries facility that were recently bought out by international Cheiron Group were burned to the ground due to what was reported as lab accident. Out of 40 or so people that were inside only survivor is Mr. Derleth - member of Cheirons Directors Board that was just visiting new facility.

>Invictus Vampire
>our hero

Pick one.

Hero in terms of being protagonist of the story?

>Uratha Wives Thyrsus Legacy

Apocalypse talk:

Why are the Garou so dumb? Why can't they realize the Weaver is the true enemy, and not the Wyrm?

Also,

Gaia > Triat or Triat > Gaia?

Why isn't there a strength table for lifting/pushing/pulling objects in 2e core? Hurt Locker has merits for increasing the amount of weight you can move but it doesn't give me a weigh of ball parking how much people can move in the first place.

On Mage 2e, can Prime be used to defend against mental control or attack, and id so, how?

Hunter 2e, any advice for runninf non-traditional monsters? Want to run an east asian invasion story, with gods and chinese demons.

Prime spells often times trade depth for breadth. A specific arcana is usually better at protecting you from effects under it's purview.

More specifically you can use Prime to increase your withstand trait against mental domination/anything else and Prime armor will protect you from all magical damage like a Mind unraveling spell but not an affect like Mind control.

It's better to be proactive and counter spell hostile magical effects.

I'm trying to think of a creative way to use Prime to counter a vampire's use of Domination or Majesty?

>In the event of the global outing of the supernatural, I'm curious if DaveB thinks humans will treat mages as monsters or potential allies and/or whether mages will choose to back the humans in the inevitable conflict?

Dave claims he often posts here without his tripcode. He may have already answered your questions.

Assuming the Quiescence is no longer a factor, my best guess is that Dave would believe mages would be viewed as monsters, but close enough to "pure" humans, and with enough redeeming (and very powerful) qualities and abilities to warrant a cold alliance of convenience. I would also guess that most mages, even the Seers, would side with the humans. For the Seers, they and their Exarch masters don't want to rule a pile of post-apocalyptic rubble, and the Pentacle is just generally more optimistic about the human condition. However backstabbing by ostensible human allies would be SEVERELY punished.

>Dave claims he often posts here without his tripcode

Dave is a sneaky bastard.

I'm going to play VtM soon, what are the most broken merits, disciplines and stats?