Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Why is your full caster not a Stargazer? You get a lot from being a Stargazer. Even an avowed can be a Stargazer and lose basically nothing!
pathfindersrd.com/classes/prestige-classes/other-paizo/s-z/stargazer

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/hAfKSnWW

Avowed Playtest 1: drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Avowed Playtest 2: docs.google.com/document/d/1rV7kaF9JL2gw9xQalkEnlEDL9WXtbsaCqNABm_pLIgc/edit?usp=sharing

Spheres of Might previews:
Part 1: docs.google.com/document/d/1aLaYQEFAWU4zQBx58boJPPaySLgJc0Emmw9eKyIJeGI/
Part 2: docs.google.com/document/d/1pyLq03W2ju58PcKOUq5YXoFowf_weBNzuWtjCMdINXk/edit
Part 3: docs.google.com/document/d/1-LAt9Ti5pcnvHY4KnFRuItCjqtGM-YJC5r_0zXiKKUk/edit
PS: Outdated, playtest should be out next week but that's not a promise.

Bloodforge Infusions updated playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1GvwMclLSw15slYI7D5xLdjMzr-Nau92hNha9Sx0LOk4/edit#

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/72295/wild-weird-west
d20pfsrd.com/feats/general-feats/charnel-soldiers/
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/67687/sultanas-and-raisins
app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/4786503/
app.roll20.net/forum/post/4496339/can-i-join
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/71197/spheres-of-might-unofficial-playtest-the-harrowing-modified
twitter.com/AnonBabble

What would you recommend when it comes to miniatures for your characters?

>Starfinder is now a thing
>There is not going to be another crossgenre AP for Pathfinder like Iron Gods
>Distant Planets material is never going to be used.
>You will never visit Aballon, Versex nor Eox with your culture shocked primitive murderhobos.
>StarFinder is going to bomb and if not the MMORPG will be the kill of Paizo
>MFW

I print off sheets of paired images and fold them over to make little paper-mini arches. Works well, stores easy, dead cheap.

>Paizo will crash and burn in the next few years.
Sadly, I think they will survive both.

How are the 3D-printed miniatures from Hero Forge? I'm considering getting one.

I expect Starfinder to do very well and I am going to hate it.

Sincerely I am shocked that Paizo didn't burn sued by 20Th Century Fox for plagiarism after doing a copy-paste of the Alien franchise's xenomorph.

Hey if you guys are looking for another weird genre game, I just opened up char apps for wild weird west, give it a look and apply if you're interested, there's lots of latitude for adding some homebrew stuff in if you're feeling creative too.

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/72295/wild-weird-west

Wait, xenomorph rip off? What is this? where is this?

>every other week

Horror Adventures.
One of the monsters stated in the book's bestiary is the xenomorph (it even bleeds acid), facehugger and queen included.They even dare to mention they were created by the Annunaki as a reference to the Engineers from Prometheus.

I got a build idea around double weapons, but double weapons look fucking stupid. Anyone have pictures of one that looks decent so I can get my head out of my ass?

>FA:NV plot
Oh come on user, this looks like a blatant bamboozle!

Maker is in dragons2 and HV can they afford to bamboozle? I think it's legit

Double weapons are fucking stupid.

Unless that's ALSO a bamboozle and they're in CAHOOTS.

IT'S A DOUBLE WEAPON OF BAMBOOZLING.

Can pfg even survive a bamboozle of that magnitude

No, but then, there probably isn't going to be one.

What's REALLY going to kill /pfg/ is when one of these games inevitably falls apart due to internal drama--from there, the community we've been forming will start drawing battle lines, allegiances will get called in, friendships will be broken, and we'll essentially degenerate into a social equivalent of World War 1.

Can't we all just take on new identities if that happens

I suppose we'll have to, but that assumes a majority of us have the will to do so rather than get drawn into the conflict.

Let's face it, /pfg/ isn't really good at ignoring bait. The Roryposting fiasco should be evidence enough of that.

I've always felt that the natural progression of /pfg/ games would just be extinction once people started connecting to players and made regular groups. Didn't really consider the possibility of drama and reputations forming.

Ur not wrong.

I guess the only thing we can do is be excellent to eachother

We've already seen some low-level versions of this happening--mostly just salt and attempted witch-hunting.

Occasionally a personal conflict will spill from the Discord into the thread, or vice versa. Sometimes a person will make a particular point of being a shit when they're not chosen for a game. Usually, we all laugh it off or find a way to bury the hatchet.

For this doomsday scenario to happen, it'd need to be something dramatic. It'd have to be the kind of That Guy story that makes people call bullshit and claim that it couldn't possibly have happened.

The rate games are getting hosted is pretty unbelievable these days, it feels like a statistical certainy that this would have to happen eventually

I would say it'll be a manufactured story from one of the rejected players that brings it all down, but the Discord and Roll20 kind of insulate us from that.

Ok so
I want my lich to have s SWARM of skeletons
But how to make this actually high CR thing?
Skeleton with troop template is still kinda weak

Apocalypse Swarm template, on burning skeletons. Not because it's effective, but because I've always wanted to see the Apocalypse Swarm template used, and burning skeletons are neat.

If a Paladin cast Detect Evil near a tiefling, does he detect an evil aura regardless of the tiefling's alignment?

Tieflings do not have the (Evil) subtype, so no.

d20pfsrd.com/feats/general-feats/charnel-soldiers/

Aww, time and date doesn't work for me. Oh well.

Hey /pfg/

I need your help.

I need weapon, shield, and armor qualities that are very... standard. Things that are just commonly nice to have. Impervious, Stanching, Comfort, things of this nature.

How essential is Power Attack? Should you always pick it and have it always activated even if you are not a Str-based character?

not always activated but you should almost certainly have it available

I'm gonna be a Myrmidon Lore Warden Fighter. I plan on using a Dueling Sword. Should I go Mithral Current and Scarlet Throne. I'm having a hard time deciding.

The other discipline I am focusing on in Golden Lion if that effects the recommendation.

I also know that DSP has released a bunch of new disciplines that you can switch for without having to take a trait, like Fool's Errand. What are the others besides Fool's Errand? I think one might have been Chimera something?

Glamered for both Weapons and Armor is a pretty big one.

Plenty of people - players and GMs alike - enjoy the fresh experience of playing with new people, even if they don't have any problems with their current group.

They're all pretty solid but honestly, you're only ever going to focus on one discipline and maybe minor in another. Both Mithral Current and Scarlet Throne are solid choices and there's some good dips from Golden Lion.

Fool's Errand is nice if you want to play a lockdown character. The rest of the random disciplines are usually centered around a mechanic or theme (Chimera Soul is natural attacks, there's an undead one, etc.)

Yep, I've got that one.

Basically, I'm having a crack at redoing Armorist.

One of the bigger changes is that they now get Advanced Techniques as well as Arsenal Tricks. The two are gonna be sort of like a Vigilante's Social Talents and Vigilante Talents. Arsenal Tricks are the FUN ones, while Advanced Techniques are just... nice to have, really. Littler things.

Advanced Techs I've got so far are things like 'all your armor has Comfort', 'all your armor has Stanching', 'all your guns have Reliable'... things like that. And then also 'pick a new quality to add to your list of things you can apply' and 'pick a weapon, you're now proficient in it'

>armorist

Oh no

I'M DOING IT, user.

DON'T TRY AND STOP ME.

Friendly reminder that Sultanas and Raisins has less than 10 hours to go.
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/67687/sultanas-and-raisins

Friendly reminder that Doug is getting into the game.
app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/4786503/

Friendly reminder that this REALLY IS DOUG.
app.roll20.net/forum/post/4496339/can-i-join

Can someone explain the Doug meme?

he's doug

A guy applied to a game with just a 'can I play'

His name was Doug.

Ah, makes sense. Thanks.

>Rothschild bow to Doug
>In contact with aliens
>Possess psychic-like abilities
>Control france with an iron but fair fist
>Own castles & banks globally
>Direct descendant of the ancient royal blood line
-Will bankroll the first cities on Mars (Dougengrad will be be the first city)
>Own 99% of DNA editing research facilities on Earth
>First designer babies will in all likelihood be Doug babies
>Is said to have 215+ IQ, such intelligence on Earth has only existed deep in Tibetan monasteries & Area 51
>Ancient Indian scriptures tell of an angel who will descend upon Earth and will bring an era of enlightenment and unprecedented technological progress with them
>He owns Nanobot R&D labs around the world
>You likely have Dougbots inside you right now
>Doug is in regular communication with the Archangels Michael and Gabriel, forwarding the word of God to the Orthodox Church. Who do you think set up the meeting between the pope & the Orthodox high command (First meeting between the two organisations in over 1000 years) and arranged the Orthodox leader’s first trip to Antarctica in history literally a few days later to the Doug bunker (the Dunker) in Wilkes land?
>He learned fluent French in under a week
>Nation states entrust their gold reserves with him. There’s no gold in Ft. Knox, only Ft. Douganoff
>Doug is about about 7 decades old, from the space-time reference point of the base human currently accepted by our society
>In reality, he is a timeless being existing in all points of time and space from the big bang to the end of the universe. We don’t know his ultimate plans yet. We hope he's a benevolent being.

What else is there? Chimeric Soul is in the Lords of Wild playtest. Unquiet Grave from Lords of Night. Fools Errand and what else?

What's the best class to waifu the Shepherd?

Which /pfg/ game do you most want to see succeed?

dragons2, because it got off to a rough start but i like most of its cast

Avowed, celestial betrothed pact.

If you can persuade your GM to give you an aspect of the Shepherd then you can woo them directly.

Do people not use maptool because they don't know about it, or because r20 has features i'm not aware of?

Roll20 is easier to use.

Shit, man. Arsenal tricks sound cool. Get any inspo from Iron Titan? I should crack that open again and refresh my memory.

From my experience, maptool is a piece of shit that requires you to constantly check to see if you've unsynced or DCed.

I will be running a Spheres of Might playtest game once the full playtest is released soon. Since N. Jolly would prefer "mid-range" optimization rather than high-end optimization, I have implemented some measures and restrictions to better enforce such a power level for characters.

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/71197/spheres-of-might-unofficial-playtest-the-harrowing-modified

Of note is that the schedule has opened up. In UTC+0, these are the available time frames:

• Sundays: 11:00 P.M. to 11:59 P.M.
• Mondays: 12:00 A.M. to 11:00 A.M.; then 11:00 P.M. to 11:59 P.M.
• Tuesdays: 12:00 A.M. to 2:00 P.M.; then 11:00 P.M. to 11:59 P.M.
• Wednesdays: 12:00 A.M. to 2:00 P.M; then 11:00 P.M. to 11:59 P.M.
• Thursdays: 12:00 A.M. to 2:00 P.M.; then 11:00 P.M. to 11:59 P.M.
• Fridays: 6:00 A.M. to 2:00 P.M.

Additionally, I have opened up a thread in the Roll20 listing for general interest.

Roll20 lacks all the version mismatch bullshit and IP routing shit that maptool often involves.

Roll20's architecture is superior, for all its flaws.

Well not that Asari bitch that's for sure.

Those are just side-effects of it being provided as a service and not a program, not due to better architecture.

>Those are just side-effects of it being provided as a service and not a program, not due to better architecture.
The user end experience is the most important thing. It's easier to get a game up and running with roll20 than it is with maptools, and therefore roll20 is vastly superior.

I don't want to have to walk my friends through downloading hamachi and trying to verify what settings have to be done and tech support them for 3/4 of an hour per person, and do that every time someone accidentally formats their computer or buys a new one. I'd rather just tell them to get on roll20 and play.

Are there any VMC rules for the occult classes?

>tfw you can't romance Wrex

Fucking shit game

2hu you where litterally the only person who ever needed it.

what?

Games sucks. Game sucks. GAME SUCKS.

GAME
SUCKS

I'm not 2hu, I just like parsee pictures.

2 is my minimum per thread, though, lest I get accused of avatarfagging.

Who is Parsee?

She's a jealous girl from Touhou, that's about all there is to know. Oh, well, she's cute with Yuugi, so there's also that.

Man, I remember the pre-roll20 era. It was hell. That was NOT a rare occurrence at all.

Parsee Misuhashi, a Bridge Princess, a youkai monster and guardian of the bridge to the Forgotten Hell, is a character in the Touhou Project 2D curtain fire vertical shooter game Subterranean Animism.

She embodies jealousy, and her theme song is Green Eyes of Envy. Also kind of easy to beat down. She has been mildly popular as a minor character in the series.

>tfw you'll never have a soulmate like Miria.
>will never be half of a perfect couple like Issac and Miria.
>you'll never even get to pretend to be a perfect couple cause no GM accepts joint apps
I don't want to live on this gay planet anymore

So form your own power couple between PCs.

Of course, it's probably best to do this in a non-lewd game(so probably not viable with /pfg/ games), because people don't want their characters to get into relationships that are gonna cut into ERP opportunities.

I'll be your Miria, user.

Don't tease me user.

Are there any full bab options that grant you an animal companion outside of ranger?

Mad Dog Barbarian if you don't mind eating a lot of your rage powers.

Cavalier
The horse gets full animal companion levels

Thanks. I'll look into it
I'm not looking for a mount, but thanks.

You don't HAVE to mount it...

This.

Just put some barding on it and train it to be a strong independent battletank that don't need no rider.

No, he only detects a bootylicious aura

Yeah, but I'd rather not use a horse.

If you're going to do that, though, you should go Beast Rider archetype so you have better choices than a horse.

Beast Rider cav and Huntmaster both got non-horse/camel options

Paramilitary Legal Division question:

How likely is it for a teenaged Nightwalker to survive physical contact with a Tomed-out psycho monster?

Thanks.

Last question. Does Rage fuck with Sphere Effects? I'm assuming yes.

Because she's a Ley Line Guardian with the Endurance patron, and therefore a int based spontaneous caster who can spam Miracle.

Not very in the slightest. It typically takes four Nightwalkers to handle a Tome manifestation.

Not the GM but I'd say:

Depends on the monster in question, but I don't think they'd win an outright fight, even with a Moonsilver wep. Best might be if the Teen was somehow removed from the fight without the monster able to deliver a killing blow.

Surviving physical contact will depend. If the teenaged nightwalker is trying to get away, it's possible if there are a lot of other people around.

If it's the tome monster and the nightwalker solo, odds go drastically down especially if the tome monster wants them dead (they might want them for other purposes)

Oh, I know she'd lose the fight. I mean is it possible to survive contact without guaranteed corruption overload?

Wasn't around at the time, what was the rough start?

>Available Races
>Minos

Gosh hecking darn it user don't you dare

>they might want them for other purposes

We have a winner!

I doubt it? She's probably already been beaten up fairly badly for losing the fight, so unless there's some reason like she gets rescued at the last moment, she's the monster's corruption dump.

A few hits/pumps, maybe. If she's especially resilient maybe even a full load of warm sticky monster baby batter. Again, best bet would be if there's someone else to distract the monster before it can go for a second helping, long enough for her to be removed from the fight. And then the Teen is unconscious most if not all of the following day. Since sleeping all day removes all Corruption.

user, it's already canon that Monsters typically eat or murderize humans, but Nightwalkers don't trigger their immediate "I want to eat that" instinct and instead compels them to fuck it.