Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Phone posters can't make new threads, edition.

>previous thread
>Duncan
youtube.com/watch?v=Cyrg1DaZ9ow

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android.
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!z4wmmJyR!jTfwLczhdFjV0q6nowtGag!qgZhmAhK

>40k rules reference in wiki format.
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Latest GW teases
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW FAQs.
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>List organizer picture book
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Offline list builder
battlescribe.net/

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

Other urls found in this thread:

anydice.com/program/20
youtube.com/watch?v=uMwIsQQEa4o
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

They got some pretty decent rules and a pretty good decurion.

"bumping" this for feedback.

What the? No First for [insert faction here]?

They have great infantry, but they sort of have a lack of good "heavy" stuff, which is a CSM problem in general.

Forgeworld sonic dread is pretty cool though.

reposting because last thread just died
Can i just get pic related, convert it to look 40k like and use it as a predator? Calling what it is before the game starts obviously.

Rate

FIRST FOR DA ORKS

For Guilliman's Eldar gf!

check with your opponents/event organizers beforehand
GW stores usually do not allow that, if you play in one

Posting my DKoK assault brigade list here in desperation, no one seems to be able to help me make it betterer.

i2

No chance. Could work as Imperial Guard tank but not as Predator. IG tanks are glorified tractors, Predators are way more high tech.

They have war machines and special weapons, what more do you need?

Isnt the point of having chimers because theyre dirt cheap? Id say go with no additional weapons on it and allocate those points somewhere else.

I don't really rate forge/maulerfiends very highly and heldrakes are total butt these days.

Predators and Vindicators are pretty okay though.

Why won't GW give us a normal LatD codex?

Delete commissar, use IG scions, use 55pts to something useful (dozer blade for russ and lascannon is not bad investment)

Kakaophi Blast Masters are pretty good. S9 AP3 Ignores Cover, Shred; if memory serves. Which is pretty damned good.

Sonic Blasters are Salvo 2/3
S5, AP5, Shred which is also pretty good. And well worth the point or two for the upgrade.

>exactly four jump packs
FUCK

I wanna make another assault squad but I need one more jump pack. Is my only option to buy more or should I just convert them all in to special characters or something.

What's the best model to use for GK librarian?

Tell me how shit my casual IG list is

Replace one of the grenade vets and the tempestus scions with a hellrain brigade.

What vehice could it work with? I dont mind spending money on a model i will use 1/20 games
My store's cool with replacements, not sure about pernament model i want to paint properly

help anons pls

anyone have a 2D6 gauss graph?

If you drop the 11 boltguns you can bring some more special weapons.

>tfw GW will inevitebly strike with classic 40k grimderp and make him kill her and bury all hope of defeating chaos
>tfw they will never kill Fulgrim together and hurt Slaanesh

I was worried about raptors/talons not being able to assault on the turn they come in, unless I slog them along with everyone else.

I was also worried about giving anything heavy to the champions, as I1 could make them die uselessly before even having a swing, especially with challenges.

With these things in consideration, what do?

Kakophani sonic weapons are only +1s if the formation contains 6 units of of noise marines. Since I don't play more than 2000 point games I literally never seen someone take that many squads of noise marines.

anydice.com/program/20

Like what? Boltguns are only a point each so I cant imagine I'd get much.

thanks user!

RIGHTFUL QUEEN OF THE IMPERIUM!

Anyone have an example of a melee weapon in 7th edition that has 2 alternate profiles you have to choose from at the start of combat each turn? I know the Emperor's Champion used to have that but it seems like it doesn't anymore.

Was anyone else kinda disappointed with how they portrayed Cawl in Gathering Storm? 50% of the time we get to see things from his perspective he's confused or angry or shit, I would've thought a 10.000+ year old near immortal half-machine badass would have better control over his emotions, if he felt emotion at all. He didn't really do shit in most fight scenes either

no one would buy it

well there's a few terminator librarians but you could also use a stormcast eternal and convert it

You choose which to use each time you use it.

I'm willing to bet money we get plastic Mortarion and deathshroud terminators

That doesn't have anything to do with my question, I asked for an example. Like give me a weapon which does this.

Who is the better engineer, Belisarius Cawl or Perturabo?

Celestine's sword can be a heavy flamer, idk if you mean two melee profiles though

Everything in Gathering Storm was bad, writing-wise. It was just nauseating.

Yes, two Melee profiles.

1 plasma
1 melta and 1 flamer/ grenade launcher
3 flamers
3 Grenade launchers

Does it seem Custodes are gonna work as a standalone army?

Yeah, he was kind of short-changed. He spends the first book following Celestine around like a puppy, and doesn't even vaporise himself some Black Legion.
Admittedly he did pretty much singlehandedly rezz Guilliman, "soul poison" bullshit or not, and he coordinated all the battles in GS3 while the writing was wanking Guilliman and Greyfax/Celestine, so he pretty much did all the actual work.

I'm hoping at some point we get a proper Archmagos character, since what they did to Cawl here was as bad as what they did to the Templars personality-wise.

Guilliman sword - he can choose to do 6 attacks with d on a 6 or choose to do number of attacks equal to number of models in contact

How much will him stand against a GSC patriarch with a squad of 20 genestealers?

no ranged support, 4 models (3 reskined), no psychic powers, no characters, less rules then any other ally armies, and 30k has more stuff.

they could probably do it, guilliman only has 6 attacks or he'd sweep 7 or so then get buried in rending attacks

glaive for succubus.

That's not two profiles, though, that's a special rule that overrides the standard rules of hit allocation in close combat.

God why are people only suggesting things from Gathering Storm?

Thank you.

Pretty sure old Rowboat would be fine. Hed kill half eaaily, then they have to chew through a 3++/5+++ even if they all rend. They also have to get 6 wounds with that, and there's a 50% shot he just gets back up right away

no one? :(

I... I don't know what to mf do.

Not an entire army of death riders/10.

But can he do the special attack in a challenge?

>Really fucking old
>Confused and angry all the time

Nope, seems fine to me.

I don't see any reason why not. Not that it matters much. Since that just cuts him down from killing 8 on a sweep to killing like 6.

Nah, senpai. By 8th ed, I bet Ynnari and Ultramarines being BB. Yes I'm stupidly optimistic

Shame, fucking unkillable primarch >:(

>Ynnari will be Ultramarines slaves
Fixed it for you

I'm going to go ahead and call bullshit on that. Here is a list that is pretty good with 6 Noise Marine Squads, that uses the EC Decurion and is pretty bitchen.

To throw out some numbers, the Genestealers get approximately 60attacks on the charge. On average, 30 hit, needing 6s to wound, dealing just over 1 wound after invuln and feel no pain.

Meanwhile, Gullyman lands 4 attacks in return assuming he doesn't sweep, statistically killing off 4.

The genestealer's damage drops after the charge, so it's likely they won't kill him before the game ends. Meanwhile, Guiilliman will kill them within 5 turns, or less if he can sweep a significant number.

Yeah I hate that none of the other factions will get characters in the Primarchs league at all. Fucking sucks knowing all the strongest characters from here on out will just be Primarchs

Glorious he is.

What about the Yncarn? Isn't he in that league?

I hope so.

Glorious con man
IKR. Stupid GW

Yncarne isnt in that league since Guilliman is distration carnifex that you can ignore and Yncarne will win games for you with his/her teleport bullshit.

Nah, s/he'll get smashed most likely by both.

Funnily enough the Avatar of Khaine beats 'em both, cause of Soul Blaze, but you can see its an Oversight by GW's so I won't be surprised if soonish the ability gets removed somehow, like the Avatar's Rule maybe next time around won't affect Soul Blaze anymore.

Besides doesn't the Yncarne die to a Culexus? Read that somewhere on here, not sure about it though.

To be fair we knew this was coming the moment Primarchs actually made a comeback. Its been GW fluff since 30k became as big a thing as it is that the Primarchs are the best fighters, artificers, psykers, seers, strategists, plumbers, fuckers in the galaxy for a while now.

I mean yeah it sucks for everyone who doesn't play Chaos or the Imperium that we gotta accept that we're all, at best, like 15th at whatever our particular skill is cause most of the Primarchs will be casually better than our best at it, but that's how its been for a while in fluff so I ain't surprised.

I mean Ahriman's already a stronger Psyker than Eldrad, Marneus already chops up Avatar's of Khaine, Ork Warbosses die like flies and such so obviously Primarchs are gonna be better than all Xenos Special Characters at everything, regular Marines already are.

So your saying it's fighting in the upper end of that league above GirlyMan?

I don't trust him. He's way to polite to Xenos Abominations and didn't kill them all when he had the chance to totally decapitate the leadership of the Ynnari.

That doesn't sound like a Loyalist Son of the Emperor, that sounds like some Magnus-tier heresy.

He is making a point about versatility and usefulness in the game, not about who'd win in a fight.

As for tiers; both Miniatures are still relatively new, it'd probably be difficult to make an airtight assertion about either's usefulness at this stage.

I don't think it's gonna be pure primarch supremacy around here, we're gonna see the other faction special get the same treatment

Ghazzy becomes fuckoff huge, beastlike in stature, makes ork armies fearless or something like that

Shadowsun gets a personal riptide and gives the entire army outflank skyfire interceptor rending 3d6 thrust move and tank hunter with twinlinked markerlights

The swarmlord gets fellated even more, the lore gets even more fucky and he'll be a death machine that costs 1000 points

Embrace the power creep

My tactic of 18 point psykers was a bad idea. The bitch kill her self on the first peril.

Then again I have terrible luck with psykers.

Maybe 2 Psykers and 2 Acolytes could work better, but Brotherhood of psykers kind of suck and it is 28 points.

Anything your opponent can't afford to ignore and can keep coming back like a fucking cockroach is going to beat a distraction unit.

>I'm going to go ahead and call bullshit on that
On what, my personal experience? So how does that work, exactly?

Regardless of whether or not

>Embrace the power creep
Is there even a choice at this stage? Meh

Anyway I don't really see what your saying. The Yncarne is weaker than both Primarchs released so far, so that means we can beat Craftworlds, Harlequins, Dark Eldar, Exodites (maybe one day) will have nothing on that tier.

Considering the Swarmlord's actually got a pretty lacklustre record of losing in a 1v1 fight to Marneus and doesn't have Eternal Warrior I doubt it.

No Tau character will be Primarch Tier (and I'm actually okay with this one).

Also I'd bet money Ghazz will never be as strong as a Primarch. Primarchs simply have far to much narrative power.

So yeah, I think from here on out Xenos can at best look forward to dying in droves (Orks, Tyranid), being sidekicks (Necron, Eldar) or being ignored (Tau) when Primarchs are involved.Whoopee.

Look Mr anonymous poster man, if you want to go ahead and claim full and complete knowledge of the usefulness of two new and disparate Miniatures based off your limited pool of knowledge, that's fine, but I just won't believe you.

How many sources of model removal are in the game though

DESU, the Tau are okay for now and will probably just get another Gundam or flyer if things need to be evened out. I don't think they need any super characters.

The Nids will probably get newer, bigger bugs whenever the next Hive Fleet hits/Leviathan evolves/whatever.

Ghazzy will return from Ocatarius at Ullanor levels at a minimum.

I honestly don't think it's that doom and gloom at this stage yet. Armageddon round 3 seems to be coming and that will be the best to show us which way things are going.

What.

Are you using the stats for Tyranid Genestealers instead of Purestrains?

They have 3 attacks base, Furious Charge with the Patriarch, and a 5+ invulnerable. All of your math is way off.

"Rumor is from the same source that this box set will be $130."
Is it worth in your opinion?

youtube.com/watch?v=uMwIsQQEa4o

Welp, forgot attention pic

>He actually used shit cheesecake shit in a real game
Absolute madman.

The only thing interesting in there is the terrain and that's not worth 80 bucks.

We'll see.

But if the Yncarne was made below their level I just find it unlikely Ghazz or the Swarmlord would be buffed to that level.

To be honest I'm assuming Amrageddon 3 will mostly be about Angron seeing as the Traitor Primarchs are now actually getting released and their is more demand for an Angron Daemon Primarch Miniature than a new Ghazz Miniature, not to mention all that build up in Gathering Storm that Armageddon's about to have a fullblown Daemonic Invasion.

If we're lucky Angron will kill Ghazz off.

First off, Emperor's Blade requires Hellhounds, so you can't take that formation with what you have. So you might as well just add those Vets to the CAD. You only have 2 HQ choices in a CAD, but the Cadian battlegroup detachment is 1+ HQ so you can essentially have as many HQs as you want with a Guard army. Next, drop the Vox casters in the vet squads, they probably won't be out of their Chimeras willingly. If they are, Creed already allows you to re-roll orders.

Next, you have your tank commander as a battle cannon, but then one of his buddies as a Vanquisher. That's a total waste of the commander's BS4. Make the tank commander the Vanquisher, then take a battle cannon buddy. Then take the 3rd tank and put it as your last heavy support choice.

Drop Kell. Everyone is leadership 8 or higher thanks to their Sergeant. His bonuses are a waste of points. With those saved points, get a Commissar or Priest for each Infantry blob so they won't run. If you really want the Regimental standard, you can still take it because you have spare points from dropping the Veterans vox casters.

Here's how I would change things. I added Volkov's Cane to the solo CCS from the Cadian battlegroup. Within 6 inches, all orders pass on everything except a double 6, so you won't need all the vox casters. With this you have 75 free points to add things. I'd recommend adding special or heavy weapons to the Infantry squads. At the very least go for Grenade Launchers or Flamers since they come with the kit. Personally I'd go for Autocannons since that's 6 for 60 points and they are an all rounder heavy weapon.

Also, you can take Imperial Agents Astropaths which are the same as the CCS Astropaths, just better and they are Independent Characters, so you can stick them in your Guard blobs.

I was thinking about it as I could actually use some more boyz and a few scouts but to pay that much for terrain I'll most likely never bring to a game...

I'll wait until people give their opinion on the rules included before I pick it up.

>unpainted and unbased

Can I remark that this isn't just a Xenos problem?
My Admech and the Guard, among others, have little hope that we'll be getting anything that can really compete. Sure, Cawl is damn good, but we still have nothing that can kill Guilliman or Magnus bar 8 KatDs with BS5 twinlinked, and even then he may just keep getting back up again. And now we have him, we've blown our "New shit" slot, so we don't even have hope for a better counter in the future.

Watching Primarchs casually make our commanders, strategists, accomplishments and faction ideas seem completely useless in comparison isn't fun for us either, speaking as someone with one named character that has done all he ever will without sucking off Guilliman at every turn.
My local shop had four Guillimans on the table yesterday, one of them killed a Knight and a Librarian Dread in one round of combat with his 7A base, and none of them would shut up about how awesome he, his character, his rules and his stupid overdesigned model are. I like Cawl's rules, but I don't have to think every aspect of the guy and his schizophrenic fragile model are perfect.

Is this the future?

I'm thinking about using pic related as a objective marker for chaos army

That is the most sinful thing. Wish I had more disposable time.

The wonders of playing in the third world banana republic is people don't give a damn about tits on a miniature.

Guilliman overwatch with hand of dominion

What are those minis from?

All I'm hoping with the new edition is that GW can start releasing updated stats and abilities faster so we don't end up with rules/codices not being updated for YEARS.