Yugioh Thread: Link summoning is gonna ruin the game edition

Link summoning, discuss

Ojamas gonna wreck

It won't wreck the game, as long as they don't, after a few sets, begin introducing super-duper fast Links so that all the bad spam comes back with a small Link Engine Tax.

Synchros replaced Fusions because you just needed two cards instead of three. Xyzs replaced Synchro because you didn't need a tuner, just matching monster levels. Links will replace Xyz because you just need monsters. I do not know how Konami is going to power creep Links but it will happen eventually somehow. Pendulum is dead because most of them cannot survive with only PS one monster from the ED per turn. Synchro spam decks are dead in the water unless they turbo in CWSD. Fusion isn't really hindered by this because those decks weren't very fast anyways and Xyz only needs one Xyz at a time. Zoodiacs get Missus Radiant too so expect them for quite a while now.

If Zoodiac get hit here like they did in the OCG, then I don't think we'll see much of them in Links format.

I wonder what the star grails are going to do.

I was hoping that the flavor text leaks would be hinting at a lore inclusion for effect monsters, but I still think that's a pipe dream at the moment.

Need help with making a deck
>Me and a friend of mine have been playing yugioh for a couple of years
>He bought 2 dragon decks from 4 years ago
>I'm using the same deck I had growing up.
>getting real bored of playing with the same cards and playing against the same card
>if i can coerce him to start buying cards, the shame will go away and I'll buy cards too

My main strategy is to drag out a game for as long as possible, use skull lair + Gren Maju Du Erza (x400 attk/defense for every card in your removed from play) or Skull Lair/Inferno Tempest + return from a different dimension.

Just buy new cards if you're tired of playing with your old shit. If you want to coerce your friend into buying new stuff tell him about the Rise of the True Dragons structure deck, since it seems he likes dragons.

Just because it's easier to make doesn't mean it's "powercreeped". That logic doesn't make much sense. I personally think Xyz was the perfect balance but I'm a huge fan of the mechanic in general so I'm a bit biased. Links will be prevalent but only because some decks will need to play them, and because of the nature of the new extra deck monster rules, they really SHOULD be easy to make or it's kind of bullshit.

Are main deck monsters PSed from the extra bound for the extra deck slot? I was under the impression they weren't.

I really dislike the art of the vanilla and the bit of the link we could see. I like the design of the link but he art style of it reminds me of Shurit's art which I really dislike, and the Miko's design is just bad. And neither really gives us any idea of what they do.

I don't think we know yet? My personal guess and preference would be that anything properly summoned from the extra deck does to the extra zone, but it feels weird mechanically that they would shit on pendulums that hard. The mechanic isn't even that great in general, so I think the decks that actually can abuse its only real upside (besides I guess modality of monsters) should be allowed to do it in general.

I'm pretty sure you'll be able to xyz change a monster in the extra zone (just like you can tribute summon on a full board), but I also want you to be able to link, say, Link Spider in the extra zone, then summon Honeybot using the Link Spider in the linked zone opening up 3 slots at once, but that would kind of contradict the previous rule.

page 10 save rave

main monster zone is all the ojamas can lock

ghostrick socuteboss can get the extra however

Hi. Pendulums ruined the game.

Pendulums barely did anything.

I just took out my synchros and tuners from my warrior/equip deck, been seeing how it works and I could stand to add a few cards to it now that I took out Colossal Fighter. Then again, I'm not really a competitive player, I'm just in this for collecting and casual dueling.
>Would love to have a Link monster that is Warrior support.

I wonder how many people said they were gonna quit the game after this was announced? Don't they just come back?

You shoulsnt take out your synchro or xyz support even with the rules change. The new rulws will only hurt your deck if your primary strategy revolves around putting multiple extra deck monsters out at once every turn. If you play a dexk where you just occasionally summon them, it will barely affect if you. And even if you do, the starter deck links are a decent engine for doing it that you just have to splash for (like gofu or the new draconet) , then there missus radiant and gaiasaber in COTD.

Well surely get Link warrior support at some point since warriors are so widely supported.

I like it, and I'm not even a nostalgiafag. A soft reset is a great way to shake things up. I was getting bored of the current state of the game.

It's been confirmed that anything summoned from the extra deck, including pendulums, have to go to the extra monster zone. They shit on pendulums hard.

>Majespecter is dead