JumpChain CYOA Thread #1397: Pupper Power Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZFo8-JqzSCM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Okay so updated Skyrim again based on some stuff from the other day.

Changelog:

Companions got (for want of a better word) a section of their own. Mostly amounts to the same thing as before but with a bigass picture, an option for companions of your own design and most importantly a considerable reduction of cost for companions with CP (i.e. there's now no cost as long as you've paid for the import).

As there was a space in the Gear section I stuck in Meeko, a dog that levels with you.

So jumpers, after adventuring around the multiverse, you have probably picked up some pretty neato pieces of armor. What does your armor do?

Provide a barrier between me and damage without Impeding Magic.

Right now? Something like pic related.

are you planning on similiar updates for say Harry Potter? cause I must admit the full 600 cp for companions limits my builds immensely

Oh, shoot, I forgot to mention what it does. Uh, aside from providing a boost to strength and durability, it also enhances my speed and psychic powers.

/JC/

I need a quick sanity check because I just figured out some bullshit. Some straight up and down, complete and utter bullshit.

So what do we know about the COMPs from the Devil Survivor and Shin Megami Tensei series? They are computers that some how summon mythological beings that have been contracted by their user.

Now, according to the SMT Jump's Capstone of the Normal Persons origin, this can be extended to similar beings outside that universe, adding their copies to one's Compendium.

Now, what happens when that same Jumper travels into Digimon Cyber Sleuth and gains access to a Digivice and associated technologies? Do captured Digimon count as minions? And if so, are they afforded their full power when summoned through the DSP? Furthermore, just how much work would be needed to merge the technologies of the COMP and the Digivice, and how would it affect the Compendium?

Would the Jumper be seeing all those in the Compendium acquire the capability to imitate the Digivolution Process? Temporarily super-charging or even outright changing their capabilities or even adding more gear associating with their origins?

And I'm not even sure I want to even think about the implications if the stuff that Digimon Tamers comes up with gets added to that mess. I mean, fuck, Biomerge Capabilities? With something like the White Rider for instance?

So, yeah, like I said. A sanity check.

Lets see in no particular order
1.I started with the symbiote from the Spiderman movie
2. fused that with my Kamui in KLK
3. gave it spell resistance via Harry Potter dragon hide
4.turned it into ever-evolving armor trough Akame ga Kill
5. upgraded it to power armor in Metroid
6. in A:EMH gave it Uru enchantments

I feel like I am forgetting something important
have I missed an obvious armor secton?

Aren't Digimon considered partners, not minions? As for COMPs and Digivices, combining them could work, but it could also fucking explode in your face because COMPs are magitech madness. I'd advise you to use the Devil Survivor perk tree that's based on Naoya, as it should give you the knowledge on how they work, or at least enough that you can actually figure out how to integrate them. Now, as for the Compendium, the digivolving function should, in theory, be able to work on the demons, though you'd still have to summon them for it to happen.

As for the Biomerging thing, be careful. Usually, merging with demons in SMT either leads to something like the Chaos Hero from SMT 1, where you are permanently fused and your personality has been altered, to something like SMT IV, where both you and the original demon are erased to that a new one can be born. Ego death, in other words. Maybe having the Biomerge feature from Tamers would help make this less risky, but still, be careful.

May well at some point. Previous attempts at standardizing companion stuff across my jumps have been a bit of a farce though and it'd probably be when I next update it as I have a small addition or two planned.

>No canon companion option
But why tho?

>And if so, are they afforded their full power when summoned through the DSP
Never subject anyone to the DSP

Who would you even want to take in Skyrim?

Related to updates, I've incorporated the feedback from yesterday into the Old Kingdom jump. The main points are that bloodline exclusives got changed to bloodline discounts, the capstones moved to 600 cp from 800, and Tenth Bright Shiner got replaced.

I grabbed all of Naoya's Tree, the Song, and his notes. On top of the Programming tree from Code Lyoko, the Magitech Perks from Lyrical Nanoha, and few other cheat perks, like Innovative from AtLA and Artificer from Tsukihime.

So I think, emphasis on think, I should be good.

You're right about the possible dangers of Biomerging though, trying to think of a solution to that, but I won't be too broken up about it if it's too dangerous to attempt. I'll wait on word from that side until I plan more for that aspect, such as the Digimodify Function.

The minion bit, I read over the Digimon Capture item, and it seems like all it does is that it creates a copy of the scanned digimon for the User's purposes. I figured that they would count as minions.

Normally, I'll agree with you, but:
> So, I have designed a replacement for this element. In this jump, the COMP and DSP will work as usual. After your stay here, your COMP will gain access to a demonic compendium where copies of the demons you’ve turned into your minions are stored. If you acquire multiple minions of the same race, only the strongest specimen will be saved. While you can store a limitless amount of demons, you may only summon up to five of them at any time. The copies are as strong and smart as the originals, but lack any real personality or independence, and can not be considered real people.

The relevant snippet from the Demon Summoner Perk in the SMT Jump.

M'aiq would make a most wonderful companion. M'aiq is an expert on other worlds.

We lost another one.
youtube.com/watch?v=ZFo8-JqzSCM

Favorite in game followers?

There's a digimon capture item in the digimon jump? Then again I think most people poured all of their CP into making themselves a XROS super digimon.

Cicero.

No, not really. Actually, I'd take Maiq the Liar and Babette.

Yup, 0 CP even on Page 32

Who doesn't want to hear someone wax eloquent about human god-kings and the elven menace forever?

Aela? Lydia? Serena? Fem-Dovakhiin? Brelyna Maryon? Mjoll the Lioness? Onmund? J'zzargo? Babette? Freya?

Fair enough, that should be sufficient for your goals.

Oh yeah, caution is best here. Merging with a demon in SMT is not something a sane person would do, and it usually ends poorly. Who knows, it might turn out well, but still, not something I would advise.

Hmm, maybe. I think you would have to have defeated it or gained its' loyalty/service before you did so for it to count as a minion, but it should work, again, in theory.

Fair enough.

Thanks!

Now J'zzargo can learn ALL the destructive magic!
J'zzargo is pleased by this

You fool! Don't give destruction magic to cats!

M'aiq thanks you.

Now I need to go to Morroblivion and introduce M'aiq to M'aiq.

Something I would consider for demonic empowerment:

With the various demonic splicing perks (DMC, Devil Survivor, etc) and the way for absorbing demonic souls (Demon's Souls), on top of the Jakyou Manor in SMT and Gouma-Den in Soul Hackers? On top of Demonoplasty from Dota 2? You could just summon the demons, start fusing/splicing them to add to your compendium, then use the Jakyou Manor to summon versions that don't contain the spark of consciousness to take their flesh/blood to start placing into yourself while devouring their soul/spiritual energies to demonize yourself properly with the traits you want. It's not a true merge and you might have to tinker with it to get the results you want, but it would be safer than a flat-out merge.

So apparently Ninjago is receiving another season featuring two users of the Time element and some additional tricks of Spinjitzu related to the other elements.

There any chance of an update for that?

Thanks for the offer, but I was thinking about something more temporary.

Kinda was figuring out how to make one of my companions, Io, more bullshit than she already is considering that she was capable of calling on Lugh's power as a relatively normal girl. So I figured that, Io the Myth Tamer, would be a good start. Then I found myself reading the Cyber Sleuth Jump and thinking crazy thoughts.

I have a feeling this end up the same way it ended with me and Mystic Codes. Magitech bullshit.

More specifically, Io summoning Magitech-themed Mythical Beings.

No, the jumpmaker is gone.

>M'aiq in a Borderlands style Title Card
I didn't know how much I wanted this until just now.
Holy Shit. I need to move Borderlands farther up my chain to get that perk ASAP.

What are the most bullshit special Libraries in the chain?

Cause I recently had my jumper go through the Black Library in warhammer and am now wondering what else is out there?

Daedalus from Generic Greek Myth, and the magic index from Hero BBS

I've been working to knit together an armor set from the various suits I've picked up so far.

>Chinese Stealth Armor (Fallout)
>Pressure Suit and Helmet (Titanfall)
>Jumpkit (Titanfall)
>Advanced Rebreather Suit (CATastrophe)
>Hard Taping (Railgun)

With these I've got superhuman speed and strength, broad spectrum cloaking, an independent oxygen supply and enhanced movement thrusters replensiable both above and below the water, limited self repair capability, and effective bullet resistance aganist 5.56mm rounds. I also like wearing my Red Sweater from Distant Sky over everything, because its the comfiest.

Oh. Well herpa derp derp, that's my bad.

If the demons are still going to be data/programs, you could make them executable programs and then use 'Sufficiently Advanced EtherScience' from Gunnerkrigg to use the data programs/functions from any distance. Then 'Uplink' from Code Lyoko to make sure someone's always connected to that computer to modify the programs as needed?

SCP universe has the Serpent's Hand, and they have a badass library outside of space and time, IIRC.

Just get someone to replace it. The jumpmaker's gone and told us to fuck off, so why should we respect the jump?

Note inserting this right before Sailor Moon

"Generic " Dungeon Builder Jump by DungeonBuilderAnon
Glitchy +100
Unpopular +200c
Metacritic+200
Innefectual+200
Mating Octopi+200
core free it's free and things are expensive here
Jumper´s Theme free
Newton nightmare -200
the floor is lava -150
flooding -150
Binding-100 I kill lots of monsters. It's a thing
Monster Safety-50 need this
Special Qualities:Floormasters,Status Haxers,Ethereal, start at first floor -200
true maze -150
tech integration -200
magic integration -200
House of leaves -250
The Magnetic Absortion Spikes tm-100
The plan: this old dungeon with Bob Vela, I walk through my mazelike dungeon explaining how I did everything and the theory behind it, along with the improvements I'm making.

Friendly reminder that SB would rather have something like the old Bleach jump than the current Highschool DxD. What fucking cancer.

And also that optimal jumps are five pages long :^)

I'm a tech based jumper, so I have an armor for every occasion.

In general, all my armors have multiple layered shields, Phase Shift, integrated flight capability, life support/environmental systems, and varying degrees of strength enhancement.

My light armors look like clothes, and even those can survive re-entry into an atmosphere, so long as they have a full battery.

user, if you care so much about SB then just stay on SB, you don't have to be tsundere about it all the time telling us all about your crush.

So I've heard. He'll be missed.

>A Not-As-Bright Shiner with Return to Chaos
EMANCIPATE MAGIC, WIZARD WAR NOW!

What did you do?

What happens...when /you/ are the tsundere, anons?

>He'll be missed.
Wow, the mental gymnastics needed to think that, let alone say it... Holy shit.

Misquote?

Those are some pretty sweet options too. Some really, really sweet options.

Gonna save that for a possible answer to a digimodify expy, especially when linked with the Primal Common Tongue and the Maleficum. Sadly, I already jumped Code Lyoko so that ship has long sailed.

However, I'm working on a Device for Io that will basically serve as a better COMP in every respect and a more refined DSP. Was also thinking of making its Intelligence base its responses on whatever summon she has designated as "Active".

If I'm the tsundere, it's usually because I'm a Saturday Morning Cartoon Villain who's grown fond of his enemies but refuses to admit it.

>I'm not helping you because I like you! I'm only doing it because...because...because I want to destroy you myself! Yeah, yeah that's it!

What

No really what

I'm being baited am I.

God damn near everything,i have upgraded it with damn near every transformation gimmick I can get my hands on,along with the perks to make more of them,plus, I developed a power that was basically a miniature ACU that formed upgrades for itself that could be designed on the fly by the pilot and fed it to that one,and this isn't even counting the Boosts from the evolution,correspondence and magic Gaiamemories

>Not being sad about Chuck Berry being dead
>Not missing Chuck Berry
The fuck is wrong with you?

The smiley face didn't give it away?

The SB talk didn't give it away?

Actually only Poor Dick really believes that.

Regardless, yes. You did get baited user.

Well if you don't mind the OTB aspect of it, you could always install a COMP into the Tower from Ar Tonelico while putting a Quantum Chip from Webmage into it to double the processing power? Then use something like the PDA from Gears of War to always connect to a single computer, which in this case would be the Tower... then use the PDA as the Device's Standby Form to link said Device to it, which in turn links the Device to the Tower. Since said Tower is a massive computer with its own Cosmosphere and everything, it would give a lot of utility for you. Then that combo in Generic Video Game Developer that makes your codes evolve and improve itself over time so you get better summoning programs.

Oh, sorry, yeah. Thought we were talking about Wakfuanon. Now that's actually someone worth missing, though it's hardly relevant to this thread.

They are computers?I've just been using them as speakers/Arcologys

Thanks Red!

>I thought we were talking about Wafkuanon
>The original post is clearly responding to a post about Chuck Berry passing away

Magic deserves to be free!

He's being an ass either way. Stop feeding him attention.

Isn't this kind of thing why he got 300% mad and left in the first place?

That and thread's insistence on feeding the Red shitposters attention and (You)s.

There's pretty much no way in hell Wak will ever come back.

where do you get your raw materials for your weapons /jc/?

The First Magic.

I use the First Magic. Required a lot of training and effort to reach the level needed, but it was worth it.

Cloning soulless and mindless bodies, strip-mining asteroid fields and copious use of Ark: Survival Evolved's Unlimited Resources + Europa Universalis' Background Knowledge.

>making materials with the First Magic
>not just making the fucking weapon out of First Magic to begin with

STEPS WERE MADE TO BE SKIPPED

I transmute random junk into usable materials. It's quick, it's easy. Why would I do anything else?

It takes tens of millennia to make EX-rank NPs with the first magic. Getting the raw materials to make them on your own should take way less time, a few centuries, even.

Laboratory, Magic, Hunting, Stand.

KEEP PRACTICING THEN, MOTHERFUCKER.

either from creating matter via supreme commander generators,benefactor insured replenishing supplies,a terraria world full of infinite liquid generators* , my crafting based devil-tiger exalted charms,casting wish or grinding in an instant dungeon via the upgraded version of gamer's loot with illusion technician.

*Protip:if it's solid, it has a point where it will either melt or burn, most metals will melt before they burn.

But that's boring, and besides, I have perks that buff my crafting abilities. So I can make a much better weapon by actually forging it myself.

Touché good sir. That's actually fair reasoning, although one could argue that with First Magic being the act of creation, the perks would boost that as well.

But fair enough.

Not only that, but if it's matter at all, it has a liquid state.

yeah but if it's not metal sometimes you have to do tricky stuff with air pressures, dissolving it In acid, etc.
and I'm like I already dug all of this 500 foot deep by 3 foot diameter pit and filled it with a bigger on the inside box open on one end Am I really gonna go through the trouble of isolating his environment and setting up all these vacuums to just the right atmosphere?

Alchemy and Gardening.

So I'm taking the forgotten realms jump and becoming a juvenile Red Dragon.
I also get a 3.5 D&D class, what should I take guys?

Healer.

Swordsage. Be the weeaboo dragon samurai of the mountains.

It depends.

Mass produced stuff: Asteroid mining and manufacturing facilities set up in space. All the raw materials I could ever want, all for free.

Personal stuff: Thanks to Savage Salvage and Bloody Magical my own bones, scales, teeth, and claws make awesome weapon materials.

I took both Monster Hunter blacksmith capstone perks, so I can make damn sure my gear is top-notch.

Dragon Rider.

Ifyouknowhatimsaiyan

Sorcerer stacks with dragon for casting, wizard, into ultimate magus can be fun, factotum is always fun, psionics are always fun.

>Sorcerer stacks with dragon for casting
Wait, it does?

Ever jumpmaker that didn't just disappear left for pretty much that reason. It's just that we get enough new jumpmakers to replace them that it doesn't change much. We'll get another jumpmaker like wakfu, or innomine, or dirge, etc.

This is looking really good.
I have to say, it's come a long way from its original iteration.

But what does "Taking this perk will override your bloodlines" mean?

It's all pretty much Red's fault, really. They would still be here if not for her.

yep, dragon casting is essentially racial sorcerer casting. Except when it isn't(but thats pretty much only gem dragons in the same situations that illithids are psionic)

Essentially that you can't buy bloodlines, since you formed spontaneously out of magic and aren't descended from anybody. You're not the first person to raise objection to that, though, so I'm considering letting it work anyway by Jump-chan fiat.

>Steel Weapon
missing CP cost

>Meeko
A leveled doggy, nice.
Needs a discount for Drop In or Thu'um/Dragonborn. Or something else. All the other items are discounted somehow.

>Hail Companions
Might want to mention they get to choose a standing stone, unless they are supposed to find them in setting to choose one.

>gains 500 CP to spend on skills
This is awesome. PS, If you chose 500 CP so they could not buy Thu'um, might I suggest a 550 CP budget to enhance the "so close, yet so far" effect. If you did not intend to block them from that perk, you should raise their CP to 600 CP.

I like the new images you added.

>They will however have all known words unlocked regardless after the jump is over
Are Thu'um/Dragonborn powers fixed or freeform? Like are the word combinations you can use limited to ones shown in the game itself, or can you figure out others in time, or get a dragon (like the one at the throat of the world) to teach you more then just the ones from the word walls?

>One Prophecy per person.
Can companions take prophecies. Like you are the Dragon Born, and one of your companions has the task of dealing with the Thalmor? Might want to say one prophesy per jump/jumper if it is supposed to be for you only.

I hope you will be updating the Morroblivion Jump also! That was the one where I spent 800 CP on companions.

>That picture

B-But to answer your question,

That is a big problem my jumper is dealing with a lot is finding materials, but typically they're super fucking good at chemistry (Which means they can basically temper a better version of the materials in the first place) and managed to crib some tips from Heph in the Generic Greek Myth jump about how to make do with a limited amount of materials.

Maybe something like "Purchasing this perk removes all bloodline-based discounts."?

Haven't checked out the series, but it seems to be implied that she regrows it and often tries to feed the lady she's serving some of her "tail meat" every now and then. It's probably for the puns.