Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

How girly are your female characters?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/hAfKSnWW

Avowed Playtest 1: drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Avowed Playtest 2: docs.google.com/document/d/1rV7kaF9JL2gw9xQalkEnlEDL9WXtbsaCqNABm_pLIgc/edit?usp=sharing

Spheres of Might previews:
Part 1: docs.google.com/document/d/1aLaYQEFAWU4zQBx58boJPPaySLgJc0Emmw9eKyIJeGI/
Part 2: docs.google.com/document/d/1pyLq03W2ju58PcKOUq5YXoFowf_weBNzuWtjCMdINXk/edit
Part 3: docs.google.com/document/d/1-LAt9Ti5pcnvHY4KnFRuItCjqtGM-YJC5r_0zXiKKUk/edit
PS: Outdated, playtest should be out next week but that's not a promise.

Bloodforge Infusions updated playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1GvwMclLSw15slYI7D5xLdjMzr-Nau92hNha9Sx0LOk4/edit#

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/71197/spheres-of-might-unofficial-playtest-the-harrowing-modified
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Wendigos are just my favourite monster in the game. You can make a whole campaign from level 1 to 20 involving them!

>How girly are your female characters?

Girly enough but still tough

My last female character was very girly: She was Type B personality cluster disorder incarnate. That's feminine!

She initiated a terrible, shitstormy relationship with another PC who had an equally loud, shitty knucklehead attitude, but who was similarly attractive to her and they screamed at each other constantly while she pulled retarded shit like starting a pregnancy scare FOR NO REASON other than to win an argument with him.

He cooled her raging heart by apologizing to her when he'd done nothing wrong after a particularly bad fight, and for some reason this made her stop and realize that she had a guy who actually cared about her and she needed to step it up and match his level of compromise at the very least. So she grew up.

They got married in the campaign's epilogue.

>ywn marry a Wendigo

It hurts, /pfg/

My characters are never girly.

They're womanly

Do you have a hard vore fetish?

I heard there was a /pfg/ Discord. What is it?

As girly as the situation calls for.
After the day the team's been having, she's thinking of taking the ladies to Magnimar to get the full princess treatment after things have settled down in Sandpoint.

Sometimes. I just can't help thinking how delightful it would be to just devour somebody, you know?

STOP

Let's not take this any further for once.

Cosmoshot has Transformation Sequence, so yes.

I trend towards "Not very, but they kind of want to be".

It's fun for the rest of the party.

Good point. So, I'm thinking about feats long term; what's really essential for a frontliner, two-handed weapon paladin? DM is giving Power Attack away for free, which is nice, so I've got room to grow. Is Furious Focus even worth it, or is it much ado about small numbers?

Valeriya should be secretly girly! She wants to get praised and spoiled rotten by hot Magnimarian hunks with magic massage fingers!

>really essential for two-hander
>Paladin
>gets power attack for free

You're set for like amte.

What are Magnimar stereotypes? Does it map to any real world cities or cultures?

take heretical knowledge, aquire front line buffs

Wow I'm drunk. Set for life mate.

Depends, where on the girly scale would you put people like Sarah Connor?

What about male characters?

So I should just faff around with Lay on Hands shit? Dope. I love getting handsy with folks.

Magnimar actually has a healthy cult of Arshea in it!

>pally
>Power attack for free

You're set. Go wide rather than tall, featwise. Use them to open up new avenues. Your damage will be on par for the entire campaign.

My character is too dumb for that one, unfortunately.

Original brand, or the Emilia Clarke one who looks like an underage schoolgirl?

Absolute little princesses.

Not sexual at all, I just fuckin love little girls. Especially cute adorable ones.

Magnimar is what happens when Rome and Paris make a love baby in the Venetian swamps.

It's one of the biggest cities in Varisia, built around a pair of Thassilonian monuments. The weather is warm, the people are haughty, and everything is Focused around social class.

And yes, even big girls can be cute little girls too.

Not very.

>One's rule 63 Halfling Clint Eastwood
>Another hates fun
>Another's creepy and possessed
>The last one was just rude and uncouth
>This current one is probably gonna end up like Hanzo or something

>What are Magnimar stereotypes?
Okay, so imagine Gypsey stereotypes, then remove every bit about being theiving nomads with sticky fingers. Then give them a stereotype about everyone worshipping a dizen different angels, and that averyone is a parkour athletic maze runner who knows a shitton about ancient ruins, architecture, and bizzarre back-alley magic.

That is your stereotypical Magnimaran

T1-2. I prefer my ladies to actually be women

Renaissance Italy?

That is the best "attractive barbarian" image I've ever seen.

I'm extremely obsessive compulsive when it comes to collecting rulebooks. Does anybody know where I can acquire older versions of the Pathfinder Society Roleplaying Guild Guide/Guide to Pathfinder Society Organized Play? I know it's unnecessary, I just want to see and have them.

I'm primarily concerned with finding 6.0 and 7.0, but if possible I'd like to find 2.2, 3.0.1, 3.0.3, 4.0, 4.1, 4.2, and 5.1 as well. Checked the repositories, they aren't present unfortunately.

Interesting. What would a morally good person of noble extraction from this city be like, then? I guess to be both altruistic and socially conscious, you've gotta be ridiculously paternalistic, right?

Kind of. Magnimar is the arts and culture half of that, Cheliax is all the bad parts.

Lay ond Hands is pretty good.

But you could also just specialize in delivering even bigger hits. Weapon Focus(Falchion), critical feats, etcetera.

You could take Vital Strike if you want to move and hit big.

You could take combat reflexes, lunge, and strike back and step up and stuff if you want to be a controller.

There's a lot of branch points where you stand now. It's a bit outdated, but Bodhi's guide has some of the basic branch points laid out.

There's a very good chance Valeriya is going to run into an old lover, and Onryou might actually find a new one.

Aranha is a precious smol cuddlebug who needs plenty of protection.

Dragons crown amazon is very similar.

This might sounds rude, but why does Pathfinder attract otakus so much? What is so appealing? Or is it just a pfg meme?

/pfg/ memery for the most part.

Hit the nail on the head, a genuinely good person who grew up rich will be ridiculously paternalistic; they're better than the miserable riff-raf, and because they're better they have a responsibility to help the poor folk.

If a bit more stylized...okay, a lot more. Vanillaware, man.

Shardwalkers looks like an interesting game, but I have a hard time figuring what sort of character I would want to play in it.

What sort of 'Mature' does the Mature tag on it mean, too?

This is a good question.

I don't really wanna play a lewdgame.

A combination of memery, and sites with obsessively tagged anime images being the easiest way to find art with specific qualities.

For example, on chan.sankakucomplex.com you can search for "rating:safe red_hair green_eyes armor" to get a set of possible character inspirations to start looking through.

I'd post some dragons crown amazon but I dont think I have any on this computer. At least not easily identifiable ones.

Definitely mostly pfg memes, but when the rules are as extensive and all-encompassing as Pathfinder's, the appeal spreads out more and inevitably...

Shardwalkers sounds like an interesting concept, but I just hate this pseudo gestalt shit.

I sorta want to just give a Sphere Arcanist full BAB and a d12 because I have no idea what else to do.

Kinda the same. It's way hard to think it over than just having actual gestalt.

Awesome. I'm working up a character to play if my present one dies in a game my friend is running, and I was kinda thinking of this middle-aged Magnimarian knight, whose wife passed on, and whose kids are all grown with their own lives now. I wanted him to be real heroic, but I also want to keep that social class in mind.

Oversaturation and availability, and the shittily written high fantasy spect attracts the weebs who only know fantasy from Isekai shit.
And since its the one that is advertised the most, and doesn't have the D&D name, it means its the first one the otaku will pick up when he tries to get into tabletop.

And once he's in, he usually won't leave, because the clunky and intimidating rules and learning curve will convinve him that all games are this much of a mess, or worse, and that there's no point in leaving because he'd have to start over from square one otherwise.

Pathfinder is insidious in that regard

Is Amazon fun? I've only played Wizard, though I'm almost done with him now.

Hmm...I feel like either Support/LoH stuff or controller stuff would be most appropriate for the character. I'll investigate those paths.

I don't really get the whole "I actively refuse to learn a new system" mindset. I play Pathfinder, but I'm not ideologically opposed to playing other games like some people seem to be.

Sure your character's got a cool sword, user, but what's the scabbard like?

>Isekai
every time I hear this I always think of that Isekai-Com idea from /a/

>why should all the work I put in learning this system be for nothing?

I've enjoyed all the new systems I learned after D&D shit. Even GURPS.

Amazon's kind of a glass cannon. You can solo most bosses if you keep dodging, but if anything stops your combo (including burning or other continuous damage effects), you're fucked because your berserker strength gets canceled.

Berserk + War Paint + one o' them strength-boost potions though, that's gonna be your jam. Get your combo up and you're a buzzsaw.

It's...not? You'll know how to play the system, and thus can come back to it if you don't like other systems you learn?

I wonder what he'd do if he met a petite adventurer lady who at first gets flustered and annoyed by his paternalistic treatment but then becomes increasingly comfortable with and reliant on it.

Most of us /pfg/ weebs do know and play other systems as well, like the much more animu Exalted or BESM.

That's the joke. They don't understand that part.

IMO Furious Focus is for 3/4 BAB classes and not full BAB classes. It only affects your first attack, which makes up a larger part of the latter's full attack routine than the former's, and a full BAB class can more easily eat the penalty from Power Attack than a 3/4s BAB class can.

>Is Amazon fun? I've only played Wizard, though I'm almost done with him now.

The more you hit things, the faster you hit things and the more damage you do. Swiftly turning into a whirlwind of steel, screams and death. You also have a perfect guard ability and can turn into a crazy buzzsaw of doom.

I'd say amazon is probably the most fun class in the game if you can get the 'rhythm' mechanics down. The spellcaster classes were hard / wonky to play.

>Tfw my friends all want to try new systems
>Study it carefully, try to give them a good impression
>"We gave in halfway through chargen user, why not go back to d20?"

Too many times.

I will be running a Spheres of Might playtest game once the full playtest is released soon. Since N. Jolly would prefer "mid-range" optimization rather than high-end optimization, I have implemented some measures and restrictions to better enforce such a power level for characters.

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/71197/spheres-of-might-unofficial-playtest-the-harrowing-modified

Of note is that the schedule has opened up. In UTC+0, these are the available time frames:

• Sundays: 11:00 P.M. to 11:59 P.M.
• Mondays: 12:00 A.M. to 11:00 A.M.; then 11:00 P.M. to 11:59 P.M.
• Tuesdays: 12:00 A.M. to 2:00 P.M.; then 11:00 P.M. to 11:59 P.M.
• Wednesdays: 12:00 A.M. to 2:00 P.M; then 11:00 P.M. to 11:59 P.M.
• Thursdays: 12:00 A.M. to 2:00 P.M.; then 11:00 P.M. to 11:59 P.M.
• Fridays: 6:00 A.M. to 2:00 P.M.

Additionally, I have opened up a thread in the Roll20 listing for general interest.

I can unironically see an adorable sidequest dealing with Valeriya carrying the Deverin name (which has actual weight in Magnimar) and Onryou discovering some people in the big city are actually into huge, red and busty.

SOM PLAYTEST RELEASE WHEN?

>discovering some people in the big city are actually into huge, red and busty.
>some people
>some
Who the hell isn't?

Furious Focus is only good for full BAB when you're dealing with an initiator.

SoM not having spheremighters as less interesting than spherecasters when?

He'd probably protect her smile, user.

>red

that's rayray against Shoantis!

Huge boobs are something everyone likes.

Huge girl is something most people would be fine with.

Red girl with tusks is something a few might be into.

Combine all those and you're looking at slim pickings in Sandpoint, but a big city like Magnimar will have a few who will go "Yoo-hoo!"

What will the lads be up to, I wonder?

>spheremighters
Is this a 2hu term?

Getting Seht set up with a few Arsheans to learn how to please Shayliss.

>What will the lads be up to, I wonder?
Seht's bachelor party

Neat. I may give her a shot.

That makes sense. I'll probably stick with LoH support tech and the combat reflexes/Step Up family of shit, to keep whomping on injustice even when it tries to skedaddle.

No, it's just a term.

>Huge boobs are something everyone likes.

But bro, dem mid-size perky tats, though!

>TFW the DM uses pic related to represent Valeriya's old lover

Pff. Just hope they grow enough to mother a decent-sized brood.

>Huge boobs are something everyone likes.
Actually, studies have shown that men in general prefer perkiness over size. Both is good, but given the choice between them, men will go for the perky ones.

Why would you ever need to know this? This will never be on the test.

Bro, breast size has nothing to do with broods. You're thinking of hips. Rookie mistake, but don't worry, I'm here for you, bro.

Keli could be girly under the right circumstances! It mostly depends on what nobles abuse of her.

Is that pic a reference to something? I feel like I'm missing the joke.

Onryou's boobs are perky, astonishingly so for their size. Not as perky as Valeriya, but still impressive!

That's implying someone doesn't talk Vinder out of the wedding!

It all makes sense, has Valeriya actually shown any signs of being interested in the bearded one?

How old is she?

That's the art ValeriyaPlayer used when submitting his app for the Ruse Cruise.
The character's name was Young Casimir Aldori.

Valeriya's are mindblowingly perky. I'm salivating just thinking about them! Oni trash just can't compete!

>Onryou's boobs are perky, astonishingly so for their size. Not as perky as Valeriya, but still impressive!
You know, it's not actually that surprising! the stronger the woman, the more her pectoral muscles pull on the breasts, so the more muscular she is the perkier her breasts get.

Normally, with small chested women, this means they'll basically have no breasts by the time they bulk up, but this also means that if Onryou wasn't so buff, her boobs would actually be larger.

Post yfw some NPC with low cha has a better pair than Valeriya!

>Charisma is looks meme

Now I want to see the alt-universe Lazy Onryou and her Massive Chest. She probably just spends all day stuffing her face, too, so it's even bigger.

Flexibly 18-21.

I want to abduct Shalelu and chain her up in my fun basement!

That's a cute age! Lot of possibilities for her going forward.