youtube.com/watch?v=A4LZ8iCSkeU

>Fuckin Magnets how do they work?
youtube.com/watch?v=w8Tkw7ttTIo
miniwargaming.com/magnet-guide
bolterandchainsword.com/topic/297605-tutorial-magnetisation/

>List of mini manufacturers for converting and proxy
pastebin.com/p6bVhGsg

>Stripping Paint
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Dakka_Modeling_FAQ:_How_to_Strip...

>On the consequences of insufficient ventilation
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronic_solvent-induced_encephalopathy
hse.gov.uk/pubns/indg273.pdf

>REINFORCEMENTS ARE EN ROUTE!
youtube.com/watch?v=RtAH7kGEqic

Other urls found in this thread:

fantasygames.com.pl/how-to-make-splashing-water/
coloureddust.com.pl/2012/12/how-to-make-base-with-water-effect.html
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Sector-Imperialis-32MM-Round-Bases
s3.amazonaws.com/ksr/assets/002/420/256/751a87eb5c11dfcf04c6b6d23048ed26_large.png?1407799667
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Getting back into it after a few months break. Trying to make a draigostar for my grey knights, and these are the centurions. I know there tons of moldlines and other fixes I need to do though before painting.

Sorry the thread died before I could respond. I'd say instead of completely covering up the auric highlight, leave some of it showing when you do the silver edge highlight so the transition is less harsh.

Never tried linking to a dead thread so sorry if it doesn't work, it's for Chaos Dwarf user.

Just finished my Vampire lord, advice and criticisms welcome since I'm still a beginner.

Managed to be "productive" today - finished a couple of conversions that were stuck on the workbench for a couple of months. Here's a rhino for my noise marines.

I do like those swords, it's a good start!

Solid paintjob, but the base looks a bit dull.

>8-pointed stars on Grey Knight armour
What did they mean by this?

And some 'zerkers.

Bluekrieg guy here, reposting this because i posted it in a dying thread. Working on horses, two on the right are finished except for bases.

glorious my man

I appreciate your response user, what areas would you think would be sharpest? Like, if you could maybe mspaint circles on bits where you think stormhost silver would best be suited?

Where do the tracks come from? Love that style.

>watching rogue one
>scene near the start where forest whitaker rescues the kid
>man that is some nice weathering

Lovely work. Krieg are hard to pull off well imo, the devil is in the details with these guys.

I kinda want to get one of those 80 euros, big ass poseable clones and spray it dark metallic grey-black, as a precursor of DeathTroopers.

After watching it with mates yesterday I'm glad it didn't spend money on that shit. Awful movie.

Shush user, let's not start a shitstorm here. I liked the movie, even dith its defaults, and I presume many other people here did as well, so let's leave it at that, to each their own.

I'm doing this for a thing.

Oh god how did I miss the mould line on his finger.

is this the April fool's? Top notch m8.

I absolutely love it but how does he see?

Obviously through the mouth grill.

>Heat stain on the barrel

Fucking radical

It is!

er... what he said! Thanks fella! First time I tried it!

Goddamn...

What said!

My normal stanley knife type thing I use for modelling jammed, so I replaced it with one of those small xacto knives. How the hell do you use these things? It's having a little trouble cutting sprue nubs off of my Knight parts.

When the local walmart restocks your favorite spraypaint for models after 3 months

What I did during weekend.
My 1st time paiting AoS model (was quite fun, simple, but I challenged myself with cracked stone pattern) and 1st time doing water effect on base.

I really dig that one for my orks - lovely blending on face.

You've inspired me do one of these guys and put him in a marine squad.

You put the sharp bit to the plastic gubbinz

Bloody love it. I xould have gone with hastily painted blue trousers, but that's already great!

Those are the Opressor Pattern treads from Blood and Skulls Industry. Usually found on Ebay.

Okay, this is a really shitty mockup. In general, just imagine where your light source is and then focus on the highest and sharpest points.

The water effects on that base are lovely, how did you get the splash effect?

Nice, thank you user, I'll go ahead and fix those then, and use this pic as a reference for the rest. When I get to it after chemistry homework I'll be sure to upload the fixes.

The lines need to be much thinner. They look more like camo than cracked stone.

I like the water effects but it seems a little overboard given his stance. Did he just jump off something and land in a puddle?

Back when The Dunc had yet to ascend to godhood.

I've used strips of plastic blister (leftover form character package) as core for waves. Then I've applied first coat of Vallejo Water Texture on it.
6 hours of drying... and I realized that I should have painted base before in blue/teal/black/grey mix before because shit is transparent and I could see my dirty base. So I painted over that soild texture and applied 2 more layers of water texture slowly filling gaps between plastic blister stips to create waves.

Followed that tutorial:
fantasygames.com.pl/how-to-make-splashing-water/
and that helped me to paint water after 1st layer of texture:
coloureddust.com.pl/2012/12/how-to-make-base-with-water-effect.html

How do I get better at doing simple bases that look good without distracting from the model?

For my first army, Necrons, I just pva-ed the base then dipped them in sand, but in retrospect it looks a bit shit and I'll probably have to go back and fix them some day.

Since then I've just been doing texture paint, shade and drybrush. It's fine, but I feel like I'm half assing it to just do that over and over forever.

I know about lines, I've tried to fix them (looks better than before) but I'd have to paint new one to make it look propa.
And my idea was Liberator landing form Azyr at coast of island.

Cool, cheers for the links.

kork and plastic bits are your friends m8

>Lumps of sprue and those awkward little grass tuft things

Um, no thank you.

Thanks mate.

That base is amazing! Can't wait to see a full army of these

Sweet! "Bruva Kill-e-nidas"

I was half tempted to paint some more blue, but I had in my minds eye, that the Ork would don what he has on in my picture and think to himself he is 100% blended in

There's a thousand different ways to do it

1. Buy pre moulded bases - games-workshop.com/en-GB/Sector-Imperialis-32MM-Round-Bases - s3.amazonaws.com/ksr/assets/002/420/256/751a87eb5c11dfcf04c6b6d23048ed26_large.png?1407799667

2. Do you own Think about your theme for your army? Are they in the mountains? Snow? Grassland?

There are so so many resources online to help you, youtube vides, step by step tutorials for whatever theme you want. Cork for Rocks or cliff faces, real rocks, grass tufts, resin tree bits, real tree bits, slate from your neighbours drive way..

It's such an expansive question because the spark of what you want is in your own noggin

Shared this yesterday, its a mock up of my grotesques for my ynarri\coven army.

well, it's simple and not distracting, and not ready-made texture paint so I thought it was something you're lookin for.
Be creative, use spare bitz for junk/stand, tufts, balsa for wooden floor, still water for water/waste ponds.

So this is why Dunc mourns Bretonnia

how did you make his Armour/shoulders shine like theyre wet?

There is a huge variety of industrial material for model train sets. If you want metal struts, sheets, poles, pipes etc they have them.

Eyes are my bane, any advice? Working through my first wytch squad and learning as I go but can't seem to balance eyes between invisible and over the top.
Quite happy with them in general. 3 more and the whole, old battle force is complete

simple coat of gloss varnish (or 'Ardcoat in GW palette).

Still deciding whether to go mostly or full baldo for my inquisitor, I'm leaning towards mostly.

These are fuckin' rad user, you're doin' this whole hobby thing right.

the one with sprue in the front just looks like sprue, the rest is fine tho

I'm afraid we've lost Duncan desu

This drybrushed piece of shit, is his latest offering

This tip of the day faggotry has cost us his old (and really good) painting tutorials.

>Duncan how do I paint "THIS THING THAT IS ALREADY IN A DOZEN DIFFERENT GUIDES ONLINE AND WE'VE ALREADY COVERED IN OLD WHTV PAINTING EPISODES"

Remember the Nagash painting guide? Archaon? Etc? They were amazing.

Damn fucking shame if you ask me.

Finished Geigor finally. Not winning any awards but im happy with the finished product.

Missed the moldlines on the broach plate though -_-

My fucking dick is pumping blood at super sonic speeds

He was responding to a question on how to drybrush space wolves.

All of his tip of the days are responding to people. Blame them for wanting to learn shitty techniques... then neck yourself you cunt.

I prefer hair but if you go full baldo you should do a rad inquisator symbol tattoo

Remember that those question ate asked by people on their fb page 99.9% of the time (see the valentine's day one for example of an exception).

A SW fan asked for that. Make that what you will.

I'm trying out something new with my Nurgle marines, hoping it'll look good in the end.

>He was responding to a question on how to drybrush space wolves.

No shit, I said that.

>All of his tip of the days are responding to people.

No shit, I said that.

>Blame them for wanting to learn shitty techniques...

No shit, I said that.

>then neck yourself

Why? Because I lament the days when we got 1 hour + painting guides of useful tips, techniques over these useless 90 second tip of the day? When we got a beautifully painted model that was almost on par of the Eavy Metal teams offerings?

These idiots aren't even asking for techniques, they're asking for what colours to use. To which Duncan replies

>Base
>Layer
>Wash
>Highlight

>you cunt.

You need to calm down

>Tldr. Im a soppy wanker

also, I was going to have a similar head for my lord-in-progress, but once the greenstuff was on, it ended up looking sillier than expected.

What type of head should I give him? Should I make it some sort of cover all around the head area, like he's encapsulated inside of the armor and simply stuck with it?

I think the one on the right looks better.

I like it. Is the face an exhaust from a Space marine power pack?

He makes a really good point that it really is a shame we no longer get the really nice old guides. Even the Triumvirate for the Eldar and Primach got about 5 minutes between them, stop being such a sperg.

>No response, I'll greentext him, I'm so glad we got a 70 second tutorial on how to dry brush a spacewolf, who needs booooring 1 hour plus videos

I'd go with the topknot.

Great head choice by the way.

Neither... really doesn't suit the model.

>Crying because people are being taught the basics so people can field a nicely painted army instead of fielding seas of grey or abominations of paint.
>Comparing Duncan to Eavy metal

Mate, be happy GW are actually engaging with people and showing them how to paint properly. If you want to paint to an eavy metal standard then go and look at the specific guides you'll need and stop being a fucking autist.

yes, cut off and glued to a cut-down space marine head.plate.

how do you paint your horses?

These videos are marketed towards the newer painters, who actually need the help to stop fucking up the nice shiny new models.

Nice! When painted up, a bit of the nurgle rot technical paint collected around the bottom of the vent would look pretty swell.

>I'm trying out something new with my Nurgle marines, hoping it'll look good in the end.

Will he have three arms?

I'm building the pelvis of an Imperial Knight, and there's these two little side panels that won't lock in straight. Are you meant to leave gaps, or what?
Bottom of the torso plate.

Are you going for a particular theme with these guys? I get a bit of a nautical vibe the marine. Could you use pic related to create a helemet like those old diving suits?

something was that was the idea I had in mind.

he might now!

>Are you going for a particular theme with these guys?
only that they're armored instead of the usual "covered in boils". but that is not a bad idea!

Are two belts too much or is it alright looking?

i think it works.

Not enough. Add a third.

That looks unproportional as fuck. Sigmarine legs might work for terminators, but they kinda don't for power armour.

>Drybrushing the one Space Marine army with the most details and complex crap on the armor.

Whoever asked this need to hang himself.

Alright lads my birthday is coming up and as usual everyone is asking me what I want and I'm clueless.

I've got a set of brushes, some brush cleaner and of course paints. Is there anything super useful for painting that I could grab?

Also how's the army painter primer? And the krylon camp spray I keep hearing about

washes and glazes, a lot of them. i pick a desaturared color for shadows ans more saturated color for highlights, and one to go in between. also what helps is kknowledge of anatomy and how muscles worn, im a professional illustrator with years of exoerience in anatomy and painting muscles.

Wet palette, flow improver, matte medium, drying retardant, masters brush cleaner, Iwata Neo airbrush and compressor, airbrush cleaning station, nice kolinsky sable brushes...

It depends on what you're painting and your particular painting style but I find all of the above very helpful for my work.

Army Painter primer is fine but be sure to read the instructions as they don't work the same as other spray paints and I can't comment on the Krylon as I don't use it.

Thems fine 'zerkers allright

i shouldnt type on my phone when im blind drunk

>Drinking from a horn the wrong way
user, fix that

Not the other user, but the front light on the Dark Vengeance bikers might help with your bigger guy

>He was responding to a question on how to drybrush space wolves.
His answe should have been "Don't."

I'll probably endevour to do a inquisitor tattoo in either case, either on her forehead or the side of her head if I choose the topknot

It doesn't look like we have the how to paint Deathwatch PDF in the mediafire, can anyone help a battle brother out?

Looks interesting. Keep us posted!

Nice! You better be planning some sick OSL from the helmet grate.

The upper belt looks like armour bling which makes it fine

They look perfectly fine. You're used to manlet skipped-leg-day marines.

Cheers mate, I'll look into those wet pallets for sure, they seem like a great way to make paint last longer.

If anything this is how they should look. Peoples legs are bigger than you think. GW have just convinced you otherwise with their manlet marines

Looks good awesome pose and I like the grey you used.