>Current Rumors
tga.community/forums/topic/217-the-rumour-thread/

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Stormhost
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

You forgot to remove the last edition from your edition

I think we need a new edition

Gaze upon the only Death Battletome we'll ever have.

Bitching? You dumb cow, I'm laughing at the sheer insanity of a comment so deranged. Nope, he's a manchildren that's whining! We don't want him, instead let's whine about khorne getting stuff! Bile is better than getting a crack at someone being a turd independently on whether or not they like our system!

whatre you guys working on?

Got some gryph hounds put together

Funnily enough, Vargheists are generally better than Crypt Horrors or Flayers. Better than Horrors with movement and rend, better than Flayers because their effectiveness doesn't hinge on the opponent having

For real, man. I'm working on an all-soulblight list at the moment and they seem pretty vicious. Gonna pick up SC! FEC next payday and see if I can swap the ghouls with my friend for something to get my hands on a dragon and some wingboys.

Kitbashing a shitload of spare empire, bretonnian and dark elf cavalry sets into 15 blood knights for aforementioned Soulblight core. Might post pics when my phone isn't dead / when I'm not crippled with shame at my pre-paint conversion attempts.

Maw Crusha.
The fat dragon is 90% done just got to finish off the mega boss.
Also have zero idea how I am going to transport this fat bastard.

Saw some new Dwarven art. Looked like 40k at first glance.
The new dwarven spacesuits are like power armour held in somesort of stasis chamber

Playing my first ever game of AOS tomorrow with the Ironjawz Thunderfist Battalion versus a shitload of reddit rats. What am I in for?

Makes me think of Fallout, honestly.

LITERALLY

S Q U A T S
Q
U
A
T
S

Not a bad thing.

Scale, if you were interested.

Thunder blitz is a useless trap (I know because I bought it).
Can't use the formation in matched play. Can't use the giant with just your Ironjaws in matched play either...
Keep your boss near the brutes for rerolls.
Wierdnob will not have enough boyz around to have a good chance for Foot of Gork. So just mystic shield all the time.
Gore Gruntas suck. Send around a flank and charge single characters or other REALLY WEAK shit. I have had 10 man plague monk units beat the shit out of a 3 man unit.... it's pathetic really.
Giant... throw it forward it might do something who knows.

Also ONLY pig iron choppas on gore Gruntas.
Never.
Take.
The.
Other.
Option.

>Thunderfist is a useless trap. Can't use this formation in matched play. Can't use the giants with just your Ironjawz in matched play either..

I know, don't worry. I'm only playing with my buddy, and we're fine with it not being entirely legal. Plus, I plan to buy the SC! or an Ardboyz box at the store tomorrow.

Thanks for the other advice. I've heard Gore-Gruntas are really bad. It makes me almost want to forego the Start Collecting! and just buy the Ardboyz and Warchanter.

So are are on 25mm, not 32mm.
Or is 32mm just for the Ballon boys and XBOXHUEG GUNZ guys?

Too bad the actual minis are covered in too much detail. Could be the paint jobs but the art looks great.

The Ovwrlords were mentioned in the very first book as mechanized sky armies. That leaves the shadow daemons as the only force mentioned but not yet revealed

Are GSC literally the dorfs of 40k

It is. These look better.

Having one unit in the army isn't too bad, if only for having one unit that isn't chained to a hero to move faster than 4 inches a damn turn.
Any more than that and you are hurting yourself.
And be careful with Hardboyz. They are another trap. Take two units of them as screens and objective campers. But their damage output is weak (and they need constant warchanter buffs to get decent).
Brutes are your money makers. Always take claws. Ten orruk brutes squads, with warchanter, megaboss, and mystic shield kill everything... but they live or die on battle shock. Risk a WAAGH only if you charge two things you absolutely NEED to kill. In every other circumstance- the brutes really need the inspiring presence

>don't bump your head helmets.

>two units of them
10 each, right? I know that too many 'ardboyz is probably a bad idea.

Jeez, I feel like so much of the Ironjawz range is...bad. Even though I love Ardboyz from an aesthetic angle.

At what point should I buy the Maw-Krusha (and field the megaboss, fuck Gordrakk).

>They've started adding Tomb Kings units to different Death sub-factions
What does it mean, anons?

Why would you be upset if they did this? They were never explicitly killed during the End Times, so they could easily be written back into the setting.

How to cruel to remind us. The sadness, is unbearable.

Chaos Dorfs, but I won't post em to avoid that one guy who keeps getting mad about me posting em.

explain, where is this info?

Post em anyways. Fuck that faggot

Go for it dude, don't let his autism stop you.

Is this decent or will i get dunked on by mortal wounds?

Allegiance: Chaos

Orghotts Daemonspew (260)
5 x Putrid Blightkings (180)
1 x Chaos Warshrine (200)
- Mark of Chaos: Nurgle

Total: 1000/2000

its gud but you have no mobility to cap nigjectives. if you are doing 2000 points get:
Either 20-40 plaguebearers OR 20-40 nurgle warriors (their shields give a save against mortal wounds, plus you have the warshrine)
Also get a plagueclaw catapult to kill hoard armies and heal your nigs.

Looks good, man. Maybe clean up the face on the shield, otherwise it looks solid.

why gold? do bronze or iron u fagget. Otherwise it looks like a Samecast Eternal

Check the AoS app. They have added the Lichepriest to the Deathmage faction, and most of the skeleton lines of the Tomb Kings to the Death Rattle. Notable exceptions being that none of the name characters, nor the reanimates have been added.

Although, just checking the Freepeoples does make me question whats going on, as a lot of their old hero's and Brettonian units got added to that as well.

Duncan plays brets so they are submitting to his will.

>he thinks every stormcast is gold

Thanks man, yeah I'll try and fix the shield a bit more in the final cleaning up bit.
It's Ur-Gold they stole from Fyreslayers and forged into armor as a fuck you to Fyreslayers. It's tinted green cus they also smelt down innocent people to bind their souls into it, and that evil shit tints it green cus chaos n shit.

>He doesn't realize 90% of GW Sigmarine art/models are gold

My guess? Updated models of Settra and repacking of the good Tomb Skellies and units while also updating a few other Tomb stuff/making new Tomb stuff down the line.

WE WUZ BACK BITCHES

Finished my maw krusha tonight. Gonna start the Megaboss now.

skeleton units have the deathrattle keyword

bretonnians all have the free peoples keyword

Yup. 10 each.
They get no bonus for more guys so keep them at ten (no idea why..) Also ONLY banner of plus 2 bravery. Once they get in combat they tend to sit around and make your enemy kill every. Last. One.
I know the feels though user. I love all the new Ironjaw models... it's just they feel so Damn constricted with their lack of ANY battle line the SECOND you take anything not ironjaw...
A Maw Crusha fits into a 2000 point list pretty well. Under that, and you are hurting ourselves on either lack of units, or lack of bluffing hero's (warchanter, wierd nob). I love the model, but he should definitely be 450 points at max. Maybe even 400.

Ok, fellow death players. What do we legitimately believe the next/ first real death release will be? Not what we hope, or what we want. But what would GW actually do?

>inb4 slavfag shitposter

Samecast eternals are not gay only because they are gold, but because all Lamecast eternals look the same. What kind of person plays Snorecast eternals when they could play Freepeoples, seraphon or something with history and which is more rare to see on the table?

4 out of 19 with pictures are primarily gold.

whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Stormhost

>yfw GW starts resurrecting dead WFB characters and units to troll all the people who set fire to their armies.

Question: What size is the minimum point amount for you to have to fun with? I mean, at what point do you feel that the game really excels at what it's trying to do, and is the suggested game size.

cool now try the GW website or look at a battle tome

> all the people who set fire to their armies.
You mean the one guy, who now plays Sigmarines?

>try the GW website

Because the ones on GW's site are the same fucking stormhost.

This is like complaining that all space marines are blue because GW only uses Ultramarines.

a person who wants future releases? Because, lets be honest. GW didn't keep those armies around because they plan to update them, they kept them around to not lose ALL the fantasy players. Ya, they might see battletomes, but the newest models will all be new factions. At least for the next long while.

My stormcast have gotten more new models in the past year than Freepeoples will see in 5.

Looks awesome user
paint the ear rings bro. They aren't flesh it's triggering me.
And that eye is the shit! Love the color scheme

>t. faggot that refuses to accept reality
B-Bernie s-still has a chance, you guys.

... the new box.... with colored sprues... has them PRE-COLORED GOLD. Next youll say not all khorne is red?

>This is like complaining that all space marines are blue because GW only uses Ultramarines.

I'd guess Ghosties, but that's out of nothing more than random "Why not?"

I have a ton more, but I think you get the point.

Something with Deathlords, an army of morghasts mabye?

Empire for example already has a huge selection to choose from.
Fuck man, even if I WANTED to play snorecast, Id use the book and rules but convert EVERYTHING from bret or empire models to not have to use space-golems in my games.

user, come on. They have their own codexes. The stormhosts don't. If they did, they'd have their own sections too.

I meant generic space marines.

And what, you play with uncoloured plastic?

New tomb kings with giant bone constructs.

Bone constructs.

>not liking art deco super men.

Fair, though personally I like the look of the stormcast, but I have a rock hard dick for expressionless faces in masks/armour. And it still has to be said, that HUGE selection of empire stuff, will die out. They'll get squatted like Bretonnia and Tomb Kings did eventually, to make way for GW's new models. Which will be stormcasts, or another new AoS faction.

This is from the 1st Company Task Force, a generic formation for space marines.

Pls staph

From the Centurion Assault Squad

>Next youll say not all khorne is red?

Also yes, not all Khorne is primarily red.

I like bone as a primary colour.

Land raider redemer

I'll stop, but get the point, even in 40k GW doesn't just use Ultramarines to represent marines. Unlike in AoS with Sigmarines,

>huge selection to choose from
>already large swathes of the line have been cut from the store
But please, tell me about that great Reiksguard bundle that you can buy from GeeDubs, or that slick Valten miniature.

None of this changes the fact that most Stormhosts aren't primarily gold.

We are talking about representation man.

I wasn't. I was talking about in lore.

>Playing stormcast instead of Gobbocast
With the AoS starter box and 1 box of gobbos you can put 2 gobbos per base and have a full army.

But he wasn't. Your both right man, just let it go.

I fucking love you if you made those, user.

no me but I will be stealing his idea.
You cut the gauntlet with the hammer off at the wrist and attach it to the gobbo, then greestuff mushrooms for height and stack the shields if needed.

That's dumb.

I LOVE IT

>Wrist
At the elbow not wrist, my bad

So why all the hate for the clans? And why call them "Reddit rats"? I actually got into warhammer after some friends got me to play vermintide, which was what introduced me to my ratkin, and I got the sc pestilens soon after it released (good timing). One thing I love about the rats is that, especially for pestilens, just don't give a shit about the war around them. They just want to watch the world rot and brew their plagues (I love how they stab nurgle in the back).

>Why hate
>stab in the back
you answered you own question. They are shifty heebs

Have night gobbos shown up in the new fluff yet?

So is tzeentch

Skaven are modelled after italians and germans.

my greatest dissapointment is that Thanquol didnt stab archaon in the back at the absolute worst moment during end times

Ok, first off all there is the obvious connection between well poisoning and clan
pestilence. Now if that link isn't strong enough for you the religious link is enforced
by making them plague monks. Who engage in biological warfare.

The next obvious one is the sneaky aspect. Jewish stereotypes are often sneaky and
cunning. betraying their fellow man and doing anything to advance themselves.
Now isn't that just clan eshin and regular Skaven politcal culture?

The next obvious link is the stereotype of the gold obsessed Jew. Now what
substance are are Skaven obsessed with? Warpstone! Duh... They will do anything
for it as the Jewish stereotype. Do you seen any other race so obsessed with a
substance? and do you see any other stereotype so obsessed with a substance? I
think not.

Jews have beards. And rats have fur.... Possible link there.

The older Jewish stereotype is that Jews live in flea infested slums. And the Skaven
live in lairs. And lairs does not imply sanitation. As a matter of fact they dwell in
sewers! Much like Jews hiding from the Gestapo.

Now compare the icon above all of your standard bearers. It is a triangle! Just add
one more and you have got the star of David!

Ok the Skaven are monotheistic, believing only in the horned rat. they have their
council of 13... ...or more like the council of Zion!

Doesnt that break the mortal allegiance?

Theres no point to have it.
you don't get anything with it other than BK being battleline. Just go grand alliance Chaos because the plaguebearers or warriors will be your battleline at that point.

Gold obsessed, bearded fureslayers

Case and point

Garbage.
Skaven originate from not-italy.
Skaven are prone to running away, machiavellian politics, murder and backstabbing like italians.
They have an elite unit called Stormvermin.
They use a 3 spoked swastika rune among their many runes.
Stormvermin have a roman design.
All tunnels (roads) lead to Skavenblight (Rome)
They have crazy divinci inventions.
Skaven women are just for breeding.

And so on.