/btg/ Battletech General!

---------------------------------
At least it’s not Clan ER LAMs, edition

The /btg/ is dead - long live the /btg/!

Old thread: =================================

BattleTech video-game pre-alpha gameplay
youtube.com/watch?v=FjEeDz51pHE

==================================

>BattleTech Introductory Info and PDFs
bg.battletech.com/?page_id=400

>Overview of the major factions?
bg.battletech.com/universe/great-houses/
bg.battletech.com/universe/the-clans/
bg.battletech.com/universe/other-powers/

>How do I find out which BattleMechs a faction has?
masterunitlist.info/

Unit Designing Softwares
>SSW Mech Designer
solarisskunkwerks.com/
>MegaMek Lab
megamek.info/
github.com/MegaMek

>/btg/ does a TRO:
builtforwar.blog(not spam)spot.com/

>How do I do this Against the Bot thing? (old)
pastebin.com/pE2f7TR5

2017-03-03 – UPDATED (Against the Bot)
mediafire.com/file/kffatbm11ffus7l/Against_the_Bot_Instructions_v2-5.pdf

(new)
bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=56065.0
Current 3.21 rule set is included in the mekhq package

>Map of /btg/ players (WIP):
zeemaps.com/map?group=1116217&add=1

>Rookie guides
pastebin.com/HZvGKuGx

>Sarna.net - BattleTech Wiki
sarna.net/wiki/Main_Page

>Megamek - computer version of BattleTech. Play with AI or other players
megamek.info/

>BattleTech IRC
#battletech on irc.rizon.net

>PDF Folders
mediafire.com/folder/sdckg6j645z4j/Battletech
mediafire.com/folder/cj0tjpn9b3n1i/Battletech
mediafire.com/folder/tw2m414o1j9uj/Battletech_Archives

/btg/'s own image board: - (2017-02-13 - Still getting worked on & now has 11079 pics!)
bgb.booru.org/index.php

More goodies! (Rare manuals, hex packs, TROs, discord server, etc.) Last updated 2017-03-17!
pastebin.com/uFwvhVhE

That isn't ours.

Amusingly, you used one of Plog's new pieces that *aren't* ours.

Thank god, lams are ugly

Well that is a god damn shame. That looks cool as fuck. Anyone know what it is. Who made it, what it's for etc.

That's the joke.
It's okay though.

AAAAAAAAAAH!!!

Every FUCKING day with these STUPID fucking MEMES! I've had it up to HERE with stupid fucking memes! You guys make me want to KILL MYSELF! Is that what you fucking want? For me to fucking KILL MYSELF and write on my suicide note "Cause of suicide: Couldn't handle all of the stupid fucking memes, killed myself"? Because that's what it might as well fucking say!

You guys are literally, L I T E R A L L Y incapable of having even the SIMPLEST of fucking discussion without "MEME THIS, MEME THAT, HAHA BUTTE HOLD, HERE'S A PIC OF PURPLE BIRD WAIFU, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA EBIN AMIRITE?" Fucking STOP IT you pathetic fucking FAGGOTS, you are such fucking cancer that I cannot even fathom how you fucking scumbags live your dumb gay lives. Don't you have a job to get to, schoolwork to finish or a family to attend to? Do you literally do ANYTHING productive with your lives other than post stupid fucking memes on the board game section of a god damn anime imageboard? You fucking people make me sick and you're damn lucky I don't have any of your fucking addresses you fucking pieces of shits. I'd spit in your faces.

haha butte hold

Did someone say Purple Burd Waifu? have a pic of Isis Marik.

ha ha purple burd waifu.

I have not seen this pasta before. Into the folder you go.

Fuck off medron

I read that as 'schoolwork to fetish'
guess I've been reading too many clan novels about sibkos.

I'm kinda sad that's the case. Of course, I'm also sad that the republic hasn't restarted LAM production for artillery strikes yet.

added to the ever growing to do folder.

Just don't use that outer glow. The sprite is solid otherwise, everything else is just practice.

and Sentinels are go.

Oh hey, is that based off the Shortpainter art? Pic related. Also, I'm pretty stoked you're gonna do my Catapult. That's pretty awesome, spriteanon.

>it has Brenda Bakke

Stop acting like anyone else knows who that is

Traditionally you "shake down" new gear to find basic assembly errors. Subject it to catapult-shot stresses, arrested landings, that sort of thing. On a 'Mech, we're talking more like jumping jacks and a few marathons around the city. If you don't do that properly, a bad electronic connection or a small hairline fracture in the engine casing can make you, literally, burst into flames when you're >not< prepared to deal with it. Or, as happened on one of the aircraft carriers I was working on, a brand-new tailhook will abruptly sever along a series of microfractures that didn't appear on a standard X-ray, and required an entirely new testing protocol so birds didn't abruptly end up in the drink.

To be perfectly honest, I like Blade Runner better than RoboCop, and I still prefer the other gun design.

God, so glad I worked on birds that used a runway that wasn't fucking ridiculous. Ground-based launches and maintenance are so much easier.

>Stop acting like anyone else knows who that is

She was nobody when she played Sergeant Nim in Gunhed, but the bigger role I remember was as Michelle Rodham Huddleston (the female characters all had the middle name "Rodham" aping then-First Lady Hillary Rodham Clinton) with Charlie Sheen and Valeria Golino in Hot Shots Part Deux.

haha brenda bakke

Yeah, I like his work.

That really looks like the oddball lovechild of a Cicada and an Ostsol, and I like it

Why is Char associated with Marik, anyway? Is it just because she's French? Wouldn't that map on better to the Fed Suns?

I think the lad just preferred blondes and purple birds is all

I tried to spruce the TRO up a little, what do you think Muninn/anons?

I think it's partly because she was effectively the leftovers as all the other girls were way more easily associated with successor states. Which in a way makes the association even more appropriate.

Battlebump

For ComStar/WoB service field designations are they capitalized? Like Adept Rho-III John Smith or Adept rho-III John Smith?

Could you hook an user who hasn't lurked nearly enough to see them all in one place with just that, please?

Quoting from Sarna:
>For example, Adept XI-Alpha designates an Adept HPG ComTech with eleven years of service while Precentor VIII-Tau designates a Precentor in involved in ComStar's Archives Branch who has served at that level for eight years.

Shoot. Most sourcebooks I've seen list the number of year in service after the designation. Is Sarna wrong or are they?

Not that I don't love the Marik Awesome, but why is it being the sidebar art in the section on medium mechs, and more specifically a Drac mech?

Generic sidebar art?

IT's a place-holder.

>sk

Urbie-bump

I can be just as silly as you can!

That's hardly silly at all.

Now THIS. This is a silly mech.

Too flashy for me.

How, how DARE YOU, sir. Now I have to go to Urbie police work stats!

Brains and guts!

oh my god it's adorable!

Since that is the mech police urbie, we also need a normal police urbie.

Wait, you've got a mech that literally has a revolver and you gave it an AC-5 instead of a RAC 5?

For shame.

I had a feeling you'd be calling. Nice to see you.

However... behold my true purple bird form and despair!!!

A very long while back somebody in these threads made a bunch of fluff-compliant lances for each of the Great Houses using the introbox mechs. Do any of you happen to have those lance lists lying around?

BROTHER, I DON'T THINK YOU REALIZE JUST HOW PURPLE THIS BIRD THE MACHO MAN IS! THE MARIK CREAM RISES TO THE TOP OH YEAH! THE MACHO MAN IS HERE, AND HE'S HERE TO DO ONE THING, AND THAT IS TO TAKE YOU TO THE LIMIT.

You made an Urbie that scoots it's butt across the floor while on fire!!
You want Urbie! YOU GET CAPS LOCK URBIE!
BEHOLD, NATASHA KERENSKY'S PUNISHMENT MECH, THE URBIE VARIANT OF THE WARHAMMER!

Thanks friend.

any time

Oh my god this thing is adorable. Now I wanna make a tiny clan elemental built like a mini Timber Wolf

>Wait, you've got a mech that literally has a revolver and you gave it an AC-5 instead of a RAC 5?
>For shame.

RAC5's didn't exist when I designed back c. 1992.

>I had a feeling you'd be calling. Nice to see you.

Thanks. Truth is, I'm here almost every day. I just don't always have a lot to contribute.

YOU CAN'T STOP THE MACHO MAN'S MAIN MECH. HE'LL HIT YOU SO FAST AND SO HARD YOU WON'T EVEN SEE IT COMING. HE'S BETTER THAN THE BEST, HE'S THE GALAXY'S GREATEST MECH PILOT.

Urbanmechs are boring, post FAST.

I probably should pay one of the artists to draw a MAD hunching over a group of Marauders like a mother hen.

It only gets worse. (Pic related.)

In any case I love your art and designs.

Not my best work, but I posted it before and I love this old Virtual-On design, so... FAST! (part 1)

And part 2 of FAST!!!

So anons, which do you like better?
(1)

(2) longer turret barrel

I like the better-hung marauder

I like the longer barrel. It reminds me more of the original with a new 2017 flair.

The barrel is well over the cockpit in the official art for the Shimseen.

Yeah, I'm aware of that, but style trumps all in the tiny ass sprite world. This just doesn't read well to me at all

same as 1 but blank panel/nose glass only

Fedsuns girl best girl.

I've got you senpai.

Well the sprite in MM just makes the cockpit fatter.

The sad/good part is I have no idea who any of these are.

Truly SCIENCE.

Probably run with pic related as release

But is it ribbed for her pleasure? Does it taste like lemon, strawberries or chocolate? Does it glow in the dark? How well does it vibrate when it goes off? Huh? Huh?! HUH?!

we need to go longer

but wait, there's more!

my sides

What if you put a RAC on it?

What if the RAC had RACs?

My final form! (It's all I got left. Ha.)

>this one weird trick will add TWENTY FEET to your autocannon

Are you kidding? I've been making these up as we go along!

So have I, but I ran out of steam. (Running on ICE today.) However your last Urbie needs a cowboy hat. You know what faction needs this one, yes?

You should feel bad about this.
by that I mean I love you.

This has made my day. I'm sadly going to find a use for it and play with it tonight. Much to the dismay of any infantry.

If only I wasn't limited to 84x72 pixels, (and even that clips/no draws on horizontal facings)

MAD COLLECTION
(Shimarauder, MWO, Shimmyseen)
If I was super cool, I would research who makes what and assign visual chassis based on Factional manufacturer. But I am not. Was thinking of saving the Glaug chassis for the MAD II but I dunno.
Anybody got any cool ideas on which sprites to use for what so I can start drawing the 1,000,000 canon Marauder variants?

Yeah that Urbie-hydra should have different colored "heads" kind of like some Record of Lodoss War abomination. Red, blue, green, gold and black or something.

I would assume Davions since they're the ones with the Autocannon fetish.

That or the Taurians because they're the TEXANS IN SPAAAAAAACE!

I was thinking Taurians, but yeah, the Feds could use one, but what hat would it wear? An American military style green beret?

A yellow cowboy hat that reads "Make the Federated Commonwealth Great Again"

errr, baseball cap.

There's also this one.

It's Infinite Stratos, a battle harem anime about 'mechs and national stereotypes.

even in an image macro the burd gets pushed off to the side

Still kicking since 2780

Fuck Legs

There's also a Girls Und Panzer one for the Invading Clans (nothing for the home clans has been made as far as I'm aware).

who makes these autistic things?

autists

fair enough

Pretty sure the IS (get it?) one is from this general, actually.

true, i've seen it around before. but the gup one seems random as hell and i'm concerned stuff like that will derail threads into "what faction is each girl in this tank crew?"