dnd.wizards.com/articles/unearthed-arcana/mystic-class

>Official /5eg/ Mega Trove v4b
mega.nz/#F!z8pBVD4Q!UIJWxhYEWy7Xp91j6tztoQ

>Pastebin with resources and so on:
pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

>5etools
5egmegaanon.github.io/5etools/5etools.html

>Previously, on /5eg/
What's the class/archetype/race you will never, ever play, even at gunpoint?

I am not going to play druid (and to the lesser extent ranger, but I'm more open minded about that one). "Muh forest", "muh nature" and "muh animals" are simply not compelling concepts for me.

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/Wizards_DnD
twitter.com/wizards_dnd/media
docs.google.com/document/d/1gUjGyBIC6GPzAGwp7VNevJzGEDRGIiYh9yscGTlbJMQ/edit
updatedmyjournalblog.wordpress.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I'll repost in the new thread

Hey lads,

I'm looking to build a one session Dungeon where my players have to figure out how to escape while being hunted; I was wondering if there were any pre-mades that I can give a look over?

>I am not going to play druid (and to the lesser extent ranger, but I'm more open minded about that one). "Muh forest", "muh nature" and "muh animals" are simply not compelling concepts for me.

>not playing a druid of the coast that's just a totally chilled out beach bum. Doesn't even have to be "muh forest" "muh nature." Talk about "respecting the elements, bro." Underestimating the wave if a big no no.

Never met a moon druid who wasn't a gynormous cock goblin.

Or a Warlock for that matter

You've yet to say you wouldn't play one faggot

I don't think I'll ever play rouge simply because it seems silly to me as there are other skill jockeys (Bard and psion) that seem more fun and I'd rather play. I don't think I'll ever really play ranger simply cause it seems boring to me and not clash as well with my average friendly drinking characters as the other classes. or wizards, fuck them.

Well guys it's 3/19/17 and there's still no zen archer archetype for the monk.

The next UA is the 27th though

There's been no such announcement

Instead of lying, just tell that user the truth: Zen Archer is PF cancer.

For what purpose?

Your main role as monk is really to be stunning things. Instead, you're opting to stay away and not stun things.

You might as well be a dex fighter, because you can afford to take CBE+SS feats and all that without losing out on AC like the monk would.

It might work as a 'Sometimes melee, sometimes ranged' thing, though. Since monks are squishy, standing back and using ranged attacks isn't a bad idea for a monk if they're not planning to use their ki right that moment.

user...

>No UA

Hey fa/tg/uys, can someone tl;dr me on whether arcane trickster with SCAG wizard cantrips is good or only kinda meh? Swashbuckler seems so good for fighting but it doesn't really fit with how I envisioned the character

They could always get a stun arrow ability. What RPG have you played where the mystical-archer class doesn't get fancy moves like that.

tl;dr: Easily the best way to do melee rogue, though CBE rogues are still a thing.

It's great.

Take shortswords. It's 1d6+DEX instead of 1d8+DEX but you can use them instead of your cantrips when you don't think you'll hit. Though, I guess you can go rapier if you know you're going to get some good use from it.

BB/GFB is great when you can either get their secondary effects or you have advantage. How do you get advantage? You have find familiar which gives you advantage, you have a level 13 mage hand ability to grant you advantage and there are probably spells or ... Just use teammates to help you, or even use a bonus action to hide if you can manage that.

So you don't get swashbuckler's features? Who cares?
Get the mobile feat.
+10ft speed over swashbuckler.
You get swashbuckler's disengage to move away after a booming blade and to basically fuck off and not get hit, not to mention if you use BB/GFB you're not using your bonus attack meaning you can dash away too.

Then, AT also has the other features like the bonus action mage hand that can do some of the same things thief's bonus action can do that usually take an action, and they can do general spell shit and sending their familiar to scout around.. But really, some utility such as 'disguise self' can go a long way.

It's easily better than swashbuckler if you know what you're doing, swashbuckler is just 'my first melee rogue' material with cool flavour.

twitter.com/Wizards_DnD
i passed my save vs. your occluded mind, fuccboi

Can anyone toss me an example on how a sorcerer would discover their powers other than "i was just doing dishes and suddenly I shot lightning from my fingers"?

Well, that's kind of removing monk's main weakness, I guess. Normally the monk has to engage in melee combat (Even if they're sun soul) to stun people. And they're not awfully survivable until level 18.

But now, with stun arrows, all you do is sit at the back all day and stunarrow people, probably.

then make it so any "charge" you give your weapon sacrifices your movement for that turn. Now you're a turret.

It's a bloodline. They grew up from a babe being coached on the secrets of their innate magic from their parents. Depending on their disposition, they might have grown up knowing they were a freak, a destined hero, or better than everyone else.

Stop lying

Damn, that was a DC of 15 too.

could it be hidden until they reach a certain age?

Being asain, it really hard for me to find my ilk that like to play any dnd.

Or find a group that that not totally too far up the ass with the Tolkien or game of throne kinda setting.

And then there the super weeb that straight should just be playing exalted instead of dnd.

I'll even settle for something mediterranean. I just want something different.

Utah suck

Yeah man. Make it like marvel mutants, they only get their powers when they hit puberty. That way they're still an idiot kid, but they're smart enough that they can figure out how to take care of themselves.

>Asian in Utah
>complaining about white people

Move back to your own country.

> mfw hekatonposting spreads

what sort of post is this?

GUYS I FOUND FIRBOLG ART THAT ISN'T COMPLETE SHIT :D

I just want some flavor in my games. Every group I've played with is a bland with the setting as they come

>Try registering with DNDBeyond on 3 different emails

>some mailchimp keeps giving "Request Blocked" shit

I don't understand

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH SHID (still got a bit of a big nose and weird hair but not all around that bad)
Sauce?

>tumblrnose

Not as red as the original

So, for people who were in the last thread...

Is this one better or worse? Did you folks manage to turn it around?

twitter.com/wizards_dnd/media

Be warned, there's about 5000 black and white character portraits.

The fuck are you talking about?

Ok, but what does you being Asian have to do with it? Its okay to get annoyed with repetitive Tolkien and GoT styled stuff, but to base that exclusively on your being Asian is just being an arrogant asshole, like the Pinoys in mmo games that have no identity other than being Pinoys.

Or does it annoy you that you can't find other Asians to play DnD with? First of all, DAS WASICT. Second, you're a fucking Asian in Utah. You'll have more luck finding a DnD group that's likable than finding another Asian that's into this stuff.

I agree with the other shit. Fucking weebs should just stick to Pathfinder and Exalted.

Man, I dunno. Either use Roll20 or the WotC game finder.

5E operates under an objective morality rule set because its default setting is Forgotten Realms. This means that your intention and the ultimate outcome of an action are irrelevant to whether it is Good or Evil. You cannot "greater good" your way to holiness by being a shithead; if you do Evil, even for short or long-term Good gains, you are actually just doing Evil.

Stop beating the dead horse.

Not an Evil act.

Seems like they just used a random name, title, and class generator and then slapped art to it. But why?

I am aiming to give all my players something special to power them up since they want to kill gods.
The paladin has a sentient sword that assimilates other powers and grows in strength the more you use it. The cleric has a tome of forbidden knowledge and lost secrets.
But now I'm having some problems with the monk. He was cursed some 6-7 sessions ago with a semi-sentient curse that is very hard to remove it was his own fault, I didn't just force it on him.
He's a shadow monk and the curse was born of death of innocents who died begging for mercy and the madness of their king. He's already got a magic ring from a warlock that keeps the curse suppressed but I wanted to make the curse the thing that actually makes him stronger.
Something like allowing the monk to try and change the curse from a parasitic being into a symbiotic one. Maybe something to do with shadows because he loves being edgy.
Any good ideas how to go proceed with this? Shitloads of meditation? Get help from priests?

I have no idea. Either way, kind of useful.

Made this for you user

> kill gods
> sentient sword that assimilates other powers and grows in strength the more you use it
I'm having the Leveler flashbacks right now. Please don't break the bounded accuracy.

docs.google.com/document/d/1gUjGyBIC6GPzAGwp7VNevJzGEDRGIiYh9yscGTlbJMQ/edit

Don't worry. The sword improves so slowly I'll have time to adjust it's strength accordingly.

With ten seconds in photoshop, firbolgs are immediately fixed.

Tbh the nose never bugged me that much, it's more so the fact that they have very thick arm hair that almost looks like fur, unkempt hair, weird ears but mostly the blue skin.

Also, the players specifically requested that they would have the chance to face off against the gods themselves in the end so that's why I'm doing this.
Even made my own world so they wouldn't end up fighting the standard FR pantheon and get blasted to oblivion.

>rednosed orcoids or goblinoids

That meme should've died forever ago.

The skin is more gray though, isn't it?

>It might work as a 'Sometimes melee, sometimes ranged' thing, though. Since monks are squishy, standing back and using ranged attacks isn't a bad idea for a monk if they're not planning to use their ki right that moment.

This is essentially the idea. Staying at range and utilizing the high mobility of the class.

And of course we can split hairs and talk about what's more optimal and what will put out more DPR, but seriously fuck that.

At the end of the day it is a trpg, and if I wanted to play it like an MMO and hit the biggest numbers I would. But I don't. And monks aren't really the class to do that at all anyway. So why ever play a monk? Some say, you wouldn't of course.

Being a stun machine when the party needs it is one thing, but most encounters don't even really require it. Why not save ki and hp by staying in the back with a bow.

Kidnapped by a cult as a kid to be possessed by the fiend (Or whatever) they worship. Ritual was interrupted half way through.

Should I play a Lizardfolk Druid, Lizardfolk Cleric or Yuan-ti Favored Soul?

I am not going to play any other class other than Eldritch Knight. Muh magic is infused in my attack. I hate the class for it either magic or attack and not both at the same time. And the fucking arcane charge it awsome and all but why the fuck do I have to spend my action surge on it.

Play a human, you disgusting furfag

Yuan-ti Avatar Mystic that meditated so hard they unlocked the secrets of manipulating fleshies' emotions, but also accidentally gained empathy and emotions

Lizardfolk druid. Be cold and emotionless, but spend more and more time as dogs and other happy animals so that you can learn about happiness and friendship and other emotions. If you die you can make your last words something about how you care about your party :)

Lizard folk druid, demonstrate the harsh, "survival of the fittest" side of nature.

Do your players or you keep a game journal?
Please share if you do, I like reading.
A day or two ago I posted about my game where the players entered a magical book and were tested by a mysterious old man.
I doubt the user who questioned our paladins actions is here now but the paladin's player just updated his IC journal-blog which explains that from his viewpoint everybody clearly deserved to die.
updatedmyjournalblog.wordpress.com/

No, I wanna fuck the Lizard.

I actually thought about that but my next character will most likely be a remake of my Human Ardent.

If I was to go Druid (Leaning more towards Cleric), is Circle of the Land any good? What about Twilight?

Is the Mystic's Order of the Soulknife worth playing?

How does it stack up in comparison to the other orders?

What's stopping Kensei from using Bow and call themselves Zen Archer?

What are some good excuse to know druid language without being a druid? I could only think of being rise by a druid who can't speak any other language.

Oh man, that was 2 threads ago, my bad:

Twilight is good, but you can hardly get any advice on it because of nuclear druid meme.

Exchange a reduced access to Disciplines (crippling for the first few levels) coupled with a dependence on basic combat Disciplines to effectively use your main class feature, for benefits such as having two +4 weapons, infinite recharging psi points, and getting to ignore AC completely

Ask you DM. You can only learn special language by DM permission.

They might see it coming, if it runs in the family. On the other hand it could be hidden for generations until something triggers it either from blood mixing, in eutero or later some Jumpstart later on in life.

Yeah I had a feeling that would come up. Do Druids get any awesome AoE spells that it can work well with? I was thinking Ice Knife at low levels is decent with it.

I'm trying to figure out a way how my character can be a guild artisan and a sorcerer. Maybe something like how her magic awoken upon being trained, and using that magic to "assist" with her crafts. After years of doing this in the guild, she's finally caught and kicked out for having an unfair advantage.

Something like that sound decent? I'll polish it up a bit if so

From a quick look
1st: Thunderwave
3rd: Tidal Wave
4th: Ice storm

Some rich client insult her work and that guy was spontaneously set on fire?

found another one

I'm starting a new SKT game next week. I've read the campaign and I have plenty of GM experience, so I'm sure I can come up with something on my own if I need to, but I would still like some suggestions:

What the hell do I do in chapter 3? It seems like its kind of "now the players can explore this giant world! But there's no real reason to go anywhere." Until I drop the NPC who tells them to continue their quest

One thing I can think of is to make that an opportunity to do some character story bits; possibly to develop a story to keep the game going past the module's end. What do you all think I could do?

eh, Neutral Good alignment.

maybe he noticed magic was used to create it, which made the guild start an investigation to see whose work it was. Knowing they'll eventually track it to her, she decided to take all her goods and slip out. Not knowing where else to turn, she became an adventurer?

Lots of emphasis on the Guild deeming magic to be illegal in their crafts though. Seems extreme

It's entirely possible your character developed sorcerous powers at a young age but was so afraid of them (hurting someone, being found out, or whatever), he just tried to ignore them and take up an artisanal trade. Until something happened (got found out, hurt someone, etc.) that they decided to start developing them.

Alright, those seem cool.

If I was to go Cleric though would it be unreasonable to ask my DM to let me swap Divine Strike for Potent Spellcasting? I kinda imagine my Lizard fella in a robe casting at the back instead of shield and weapon up close.

I'm not super familiar with SKT, but it sounds like a good time to do explore any character things which have come up.

fellow fa/tg/uy stuck in utah, can't expect too much from the mormons. "Oh my flipping gol" is swearing to these assholes. Original thoughts and complex social interactions are nowhere to be had.

Choose a domain with potent spell casting then??

Your druid parents taught it to you (and suffered for it).

You are a honorary druid.

You are any other class refluffed to be a druid variant.

You got kicked out of the Druidic Order for tainting a virgin sacrifice as a teenager.

You learned it from a bird whose broken wing you healed.

You were struck by a powerful spell that scrambled your mind and the mind of Archdruid Ramlapothenes. The Archdruid now knows all your embarrassing secrets, but you can speak Druidic.

Your tongue isn't your own. You carved it out of the mouth of a dead druid and replaced your own in a secret ritual.

A dryad captured you for a year and a day, and you learned the language while picking acorns and leaves for her.

I planned to go either Death or Grave. The only one that could even get close to the flavor of those is Life and it's got Divine Strike.

Hey I'm trying to build an organization whose members work like Paladins, but I don't want to just build straight up paladins for every encounter the party might have with them. What would be the best way to go about making such an enemy, or does one already exist and I've just missed it?

What kind of servants and slaves would a Spirit Naga living in an abandoned desert ruin have?

Your village, or where ever you come from, had close ties to the local druids and thus some of you picked up the language. Another angle is you helped serve some druids for a period of time, depending on back story and age of character, and they taught you to use it as a "secret" code.

Which bloodline you going for? Maybe we can come up with something a bit more specific.

Draconic. I don't want to integrate and furry/scalie shit here

What exactly is wrong with just using Paladins? You don't have to customize a new one each time. Just use the same generic block.

Alternately, just use a warrior NPC but let them do a 2d8 smite once per combat or something.

There no need for everyone who follows a paladins code of ethics to be an actual paladin. Just use npc warriors and mages and priests. Maybe even some sneaky types, if you can justify them. Actual paladins can lead major groups.

And of course, it's recommended that you not actually use PC stats for any of them, balance them as monsters even if you dip into PC abilities.

So, how are your mystic builds shaping up and what's the consensus now about their power level and design?

i really want to play one but can't fucking decide on the build/concept.

I wanted to vary it up and not make it smite city if the party decides to go against them. I planned on having just some base knights be the normal grunts they fight with a sergeant having some paladin abilities.

For higher ups I planned them to be full on Paladins but I'm hesitant to run a set of them in encounters. So to better word the question is what would be some abilities to give lower level mobs without being full on Paladins.

Yes this I had counted on, the bulk would be Knights or Veterans, and only some would be full blown Paladins. My main thing is I haven't played any Paladins and I'm not too sure what would be giving them too much if you get my meaning.

Ah. Well you could come across some dragon related artifact, maybe some flick of flawed magic remaining in it responded to your latent heritage. Maybe pricked your finger on a larger than normal dragon tooth, that was far sharper than it looked and belonged to your distant dragon ancestor who died of *old age*.

Well, a couple extra points to all saves, a couple small smites, general tankiness. Maybe a spit of lay on hands. No need for specific oath features.

Some assassins or other sneaky gits who can track people, War Wizards, Priests of the order.

Honestly anything can work.

Actually, just the broken off tip of tooth/nail. Whole thing would be impractably large.