Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg

Gargant is the best Edition

>previous thread

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android.
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!z4wmmJyR!jTfwLczhdFjV0q6nowtGag!qgZhmAhK

>40k rules reference in wiki format.
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Latest GW teases
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW FAQs.
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>List organizer picture book
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Offline list builder
battlescribe.net/

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

Need Advice from previous thread, Is this valid and competitive?

First for the Dark City! We sail for Commorragh!

First for Papa Nurgle

That's not a gargant user, that's one of them gorkanoughts or morkanoughts or whatever.

The warboss looks really bad.

Reminder: Eldar are the most powerful race in the galaxy.

GSCs are the true dwarfs of 40k!

What are you going to do, just post this image and force me to masturbate every day when I see it?

Hey guys, I have been building harlequins and dark eldar. I was wondering what is the best way to transport my models? I have battlefoam for my tau army but harlequins and dark eldar have so many small poles and ribbons and what not that foam does not seem to be the best way to transport the army. Any suggestions?

So Yvarine is pushing for the Eldar and Necrons to patch things up and ally with each other.

If she succeeds and the Necron legions march side by side with Eldar hosts against the scum of Chaos, how would feel about it?

Hey anons, are there any tutorials to painting camouflage on Orks? Like Snikrot, for example, or this old Blood Axes art. I want to start up an Ork army for fun, and I like Blood Axes the best, but I don't know what colors would go well with their green skin.

could put magnets in the bases, stick them to an oven tray inside a box with enough clearance for the poles and spikes

>Aeldari

Why are cheetas so damn goofy lol

I'm not sure if it is always you but someone is posting these damn pictures and I always laugh

A guy at my LGS was kind enough to sit down and help me modify my army because I was worried about flyers.

What do you think of this 2000 point list?

It won't be good, but there's a few things you can do to make it suck less. Note: suck less is the operative word. You'll be able to play against other fluffy players from mid/low tier armies. It basically relies on trying to go all in on having too many boyz to kill.

>1) Grots out front.
They act as cover and eat charges. They will die, but that's the plan. If they get close enough, they can eat an overwatch for the boyz. (They won't.)

>2) Boyz mobs on da march
Sluggas should be cheap as chips. 'Evy is a bad investment, and the sluggas will want to run. Big shootas are cheap though, and if the grots in front didn't run fast enough, a couple shots beats standing around doing nothing.
Shootas should always take max special weapons. Probably don't bother with 'evy here either.
Nobz in these mobs should probably have a PK and bosspole. Breaking heads is on average less than two casualties BUT it's the variance that'll kill you. Still, beats running off.

>3) Bosses
Warboss for waaagh! is a must. Probably just give him 'evy, lukky stick and pk to keep him lean and green.
Megaboss at the front of lootas is a funny trick though, you can give the lootas SnP Relentless so they can shoot on the move and hide behind the Megaboss.

>4) Support:
Mek Gunz are good, and can cover some weaknesses. Dreads are also decent, mainly to eat overwatch before boyz charge in. However you need lots or none at all on dreads, otherwise you're just giving their anti-tank targets, so probably stick with Mek Gunz.

>5) Wazza:
Fast attack should likely be warbikes. They can support your boyz in melee, and target problem squads with dakka.
Other option is stormboyz for moreboyz.jpg. Fragile as fuck, but can use their movement to hide as the footsloggas advance up the table, then jump out with the main charge mostly unscathed.

>Lotz) Skarboyz:
Elites should likely be last priority. Tankbustas or Manz Missiles. Either way, any trukk you give them will die fast if it can be seen.

Same

Don't know why people get so upset at it

Can anybody show off their custom chapters? Making my first right now, would like to see some Veeky Forums has done.

Someone red pill me on Nobz in a 'Naught
I don't even necessarily need the whole enchilada, I'll settle for a quick rundown.

>uses the term "redpill"
>doesn't even spell it correctly
>uses it for something that has no underlying conspiracy to "redpill"
>uses it for something that is literally self explanatory

I want nu-Veeky Forums to get the fuck out.

Just do 80s style jungle military camo with football paint all over the face.

why las instead of auto?

I play orkz and I don't understand what you're asking.

>MEA

Yes but what is the question

user, I'm asking for how to paint camo though?

I think that'd be too much green on one model though, I think?

purple is the sneakiest color

Is it cheese?

No it's garbage.

Big overcosted walker with an assault squad inside that can't assault out of it.

If you really want to run one it's better to either throw a repair crew inside or a dakka squad like burnas or tank bustas. They can at least pop out and shoot.

>Orkz
>Cheese
Best you can do is, like most other codexes, is Bikerspam.

BROTTTHER

Is it weird to be sexually aroused by predator battle tanks?

Im moving soon and plan on buying a new army when I get to my new LGS. I want to focus an army around the weird 6's do something mechanic like rending or guass.

My original thoughts were to go Necrons but I've been thinking recently that I could instead go for deamons of slaanesh and nurgle to complement my chaos marines.

How bad are daemons of nurgle or slaanesh compared to average lists? I dont want to go full tzeentch but I dont want to get stomped either.

could go with skitarii
rad carbines, transuranic arquebuses, taser weapons,

It's like the opposite. Trash garbage that was marketed as cheese, citing abilities it never had.

If you allow units from IA:8, av10spam is probably better.

Trukks get better with loads of buggies/grot tanks to cover them. So do mekboy junkas (which can KFF the nearby vehicles). Some big trakks to finish and Gork's ya uncle. It's still not great, but I'd rate it over bikerspam right now.

Can they ally with chaos as dark mech?

Always thought it was silly that guard couldn't

look at this and tell me GW hasn't regressed in terms of model design

skitarii and chaos are CTA, so its problematic
theres a dark mech army list coming to 30k with the next blackbook, but that might be a while

rogue trader stuff is fucking ace
just ordered a few pewter rogue trader marines and i'm stoked

Asking again since the other thread apparently kinda ran out of steam:

Haven't played for years, is LasPlas still decent?

7th edition bikes in all capacities were a mistake.

not great
sorta schizo loadout and risks damaging the razorback because vehicles now have to deal with gets hot.
almost all of them, Reavers function exactly as intended and are balanced

Shouldn't have given them jink. That belongs to jump packs.

Eldar also have plenty of 6-based options thanks to bladestorm and D weapons

I wasn't necessarily refering to LasPlas Razors but also Tactical or, I suppose, Crusader squads with it.

ah, its functional, but again a little bit schizo unless theres a lot of MC's about

GW hasn't regressed in terms of model design.

They haven't always done better than RT, but they haven't regressed. They just stopped going for the goofy cartoon-y feel.

Could I get some advice on this EC list?

It's my first army, and my real struggle is that I don't have a good idea on what weapons/wargear to deck out my terminator units so any help there would be appreciated.

I planned this to have the first 3 noise squads sit back and be shooty, the 4th squad to advance to objectives and be a bit more durable.

Then for the terminators in close combat I have the lord and sorcerer, I am not against changing to two chaos lords, I really don't know there.

As for the 3 terminator squads I figured the champion needs a sword for challenges, needed a power fist for the x2 AP2, and the lightning claws I really don't know I was kind of thinking that it would help me deal with smaller hordes of units.

Can I get some help?

Alright, thanks. Guess I'll just have to give it a try and see how I fare with it.

I always forget the image

It's worth mentioning that I am not completely set on the terminators. Anything that will compliment the kakophoni will be good

yeah I'm not pleased

Taking Catachan painted with a sick hue so that they look like hybrids...they come with lasguns but it's the same stat line I believe.

>Taking Catachan painted with a sick hue so that they look like hybrids...they come with lasguns but it's the same stat line I believe.

I have more Guard and special/heavy weapons available also more genestealers, like 48 total
First time playing cult so I appreciate any help

Thoughts on this list?
playing a 2vs2 each team using 1850
The kid I'm playing with has the Death Masque Harlequins so I figured I'd use the few elder I have to make a unified force.
Is it too much?

So where does the 1850 even come from? Why not go up to 2000?

250 point increments up to 1750 but NA ITC/ competitive scene wanted more room for both toys and counters so +100.

Games are taking too long as it is. Some major tournaments are talking about going down to 1650.

1500 is damn reasonable and is the perfect point level

1850 to 200 is another whole unit, or even two, which means more turns required to kill them. It extends time further. That's just about it.

Larger games are partially a holdout from when the game was more streamlined and played faster. 1500 now takes longer than 2000 did in 5e.

So now that the Custodes have a base 5+ invulnerable save, are the storm shields still worth it?

Are dark eldar any good? I'm looking for ideas for a 40k army and thought Incubi and jetbikers were neat.

Wait, really? They gave them that big of a buff after a couple months, but Rubricae got fuckall?

They are worse than they used to be, however, if you are EXTREMELY skilled, they can compete with even the top armies.

To make them MUCH easier to play, consider Craftworld Eldar allies.

DE are a shooting army, don't expect to play melee and do well.

Well GW certainly thinks so.

>remove jink from bikes
>jump packs that have used their jump movement or arrive from deep strike reserves gain 4++ to shooting until their next turn

Chaos can't take Tartaros termies.

GW (and a large portion of the fanbase, sadly, though many recognize the unfairness of this action) hate Chaos.

That and the vexilla went down 20pts in price. Still can't go spear and shield though which is a shame because I love the way the spears look.

I am probably just venting here, so forgive me for being a little shit and wasting your time.

I got to play my first game today, and it was not a great experience. I'm not sure if it's common practice, but I played against a tau player and he switched out some units after seeing that I had an imperial fist army and I am not sure what exactly did it but I got slaughtered in two turns.

He had some of those riptides I hear so much about, but it was more his attitude and refusal to let me take time too look things up that really sucked.

Is this normal? Have any of y'all had this happen?

People being autistic assholes? Unfortunately, it's not uncommon. Just learn to stand up for yourself and tell dickheads to fuck off.

Where you at?

What did your list look like? Tau are a strong army in that very few options are straight bad and a handful (like the Riptide) are OP. Space Marines have the potential to be one of the strongest armies in the game, but they also have tons of shitty units and builds.

Are there any rules for making 40k characters for campaigns, or should I just rip off the Horus Heresy rules?

None of that is common practice. Maybe switching out some units if, for example, you have a super mechanised list and his default army had no anti-tank, but otherwise no.

Sounds like he was just desperate for an easy win. What points level was this at user, and what were you fielding?

Oh, and that "wanting to switch shit out after seeing your army" thing. Don't let people do that. There are times and places where it's acceptable (against all Knights for example), but, in general, insist on a written list exchanged concurrently with your own list.

I am the IF tard that keeps making sternhammer lists. I'll attach it to this post.

I have always worried about flyers at higher point levels, and as such have had to sacrifice points to deal with it. It seems like if I can just switch things out it's a little dumb.

1000 points, I fielded pic related

the problem is allowing people to list tailor, either ask them not to, tailor against them if they do or refuse to play them if they do
I had a guy who list tailored against my d-99 list one game and made 8-% of his army either interceptor, skyfire or both and basically tabled me turn 2, back when I was new and unadjusted.
Now I just have multiple lists ready so I can switch them out if I meet an autist

Maybe I just met an autist, it's almost like he sought me out because everyone knew I was a noob

>I'm not sure if it's common practice, but I played against a tau player and he switched out some units after seeing that I had an imperial fist army
This is seen as poor sportsmanship.

>his attitude and refusal to let me take time too look things up
Poor sport at best, potential cheater at worst. He should at least look things up and show you if he knows you're a new player. Sounds like a you just had a run in with some fuckwit.

>tfw the Trukk Boyz box only saves $11.25
I'll still take the savings though.

>Heavy bolters on devs

I mean I know they look cool and they can be good, but most of the time you are served better with grav or plasma

He bought more than one riptide in a thousand point game?

Never ever play this dude again.

List tailoring before a game is not cool. You should be handing each other your lists at the same time and making no changes. If your opponent wants to bring a different list because you're fielding a super-heavy, that's maybe acceptable. But you should have the same opportunity to change your list, as long as you keep the offending unit/s.

You played against a poor sport and an asshole who took advantage of your inexperience. Sorry bro, most players aren't like that.

I don't know enough about tau to know if it was legal or not, needless to say I didnt stand a chance

>most players aren't like that.
Thanks, I hope so

Best SM anti-air is a Librarian. Psychic Shriek is great for anti FMC, and the Heretek powers give no fucks about Fliers since no-roll-to-hit.

>Sorry bro
user, everyone knows that Imperial Fists players are girls

It's legal, but an absolute cunt move. Riptides are hard to kill at the best of times, let alone when you've only got 1000pts of shit to utilize.

I didn't want to bring it up.

However, the tau player wouldn't drop it

It's legal, it's just considered poor etiquette. The refusal to let you look up rules was extremely suspect though, especially since you're a new player.

It's legal. But it's an extremely dick move especially against a new player. I'm not exaggerating when I say some armies literally have no answer to multiple riptides at 1000pts.

Seems pretty typical lots of massive autistic assholes in the 40k community.
My first game I just wanted to try a couple of units against a guys entire army.
When my small force started winning the guy immediately started cheating.

Depending on how autistic he is he was either not letting user look up rules so he had an advantage or he was just turbo sperg and expects everybody to have memorized the rulebook front to back before ever touching a table.

If you model them to look Chaos-y enough I don't think anyone would mind, at least not in casual games.

Where are you guys making these list images?
I want some advice on building my army and that way looks perfect

It's in the op, towards the bottom

Looks like they're doing much nicer to me.

Oh also, don't use it if you're new or don't know how to build a list. All it does is provide points values and pretty formatting, it's basically a fancy calculator, and definitely not a substitute for knowing your codex/the rules.

>My first game for 6+ years of being out of the hobby
>Didn't really bother to read new rules much
>Bring pretty standard 1250 guard list, few tanks, some vets, a platoon with heavy weapons
>It's against a Tau player (go figure)
>He puts down a lot of fucking models
>He seems nice enough so I didn't bother to check his list
>Fucking roflstomp him, almost tabled him by the end even though he rules lawyered the shit out of me and didn't show me most of the rules
>He is super salty
>Get home and chuck what I can remember into the list builder
>Mfw even barebones it was nearly 1500 points and he still got crushed