So Veeky Forums im going to make a bolt pistol

Im about to make a tigrus pattern boot pistol and was wondering if there is any advice the fa/tg/guys had for me. Mainly because I made a thread about some bolts i machined and it was of great help two!

My number 1 rule about cosplay (if you're using it for cosplay) is to never ever make anything so heavy that it's inconvenient to carry around. And it's always worth having some way to hang it (comfortably) so you don't actually have to carry it with your hands. So solid metal or wooden anything is out of the question. Even if you're keeping it around for display I wouldn't even build it out of metal.

I would start with gluing together a bunch of PVC foam chunks and carve out the shape of what you want. Because it sounds like you have access to a machine shop i would just use a foam core and fabricate a metal exterior because real fucking metal always looks better than painted foam.

I wish I had a machine shop. Got a wood shop but when it comes to cosplay the only real application is turning something or making small badges and such.

Be careful about the ATF.

Yep i was planning on building a shell from thin steel and pumping insulation foam inside

Do me a favor, don't built it like its for a true scale marine. If you are really into it, try to build it around an actual 10 gauge shot gun shell. they have dimensions online, if you want to make a custom job. It sounds like you might have actual skillz. if your crazy, look up the Russian 6 gauge monster that shoot cut down anti air rounds.

Real guns are built around the ammo they fire.

>I want to build a real one, I have thought about it.

I already lathed the rounds out and there 10gauge also 10gauge is .77 so there actually slightly too big

If you have anymore questions about the rounds there's a whole thread on them

The key thing to remember is that you are NOT a space marine. The thing will look comically huge and cartoony if you get too caught up in lore dimensions.

Not to mention that if you really built semi-auto 10 gauge with dimensions of a bolt pistol, you really don't want to try firing it one handed unless you use blanks or really weak handloads.

This was my first thought, second was that ATF probably mostly lurk on /k/ so Veeky Forums would be the safer board to ask.

ATF doesn't care about homemade guns as long as you do not make anything that fires from open bolt.

OP here got some misconceptions to clear up
1. This will not be a functioning firearm in any way shape or form

2. If nessisary i will go entirely backwards on the lore i want it to look good man

3. The atf can fuck off of my projects
If im getting arrested for anything its gonna be my 2 custom ar15 rifles

4. This is a prop (just wanna ram this home) even the bolts i made were totally dissarmed the cons i go to are in California if those libtards heard even rumors I brought live rounds and a gun to fire them into a con id be banned from the whole state

Thanks for the advice it's gonna be a huge help!

>3. The atf can fuck off of my projects
just put an orange cap on the front you'll be fine

Exactly plus it's just a prop!

More than one little kid has gotten shot by the cops for carrying a squirtgun OP, thats why all toy guns have the orange cap now.

Its for cosplay if somebody is stupid enough to shoot a guy in a commisar costume than i never stood a chance

(Plus you guys are forgetting this is a bolt pistol no matter how hard I try its still probably gonna look massively oversized and goofy)

>if somebody is stupid enough to shoot a guy in a commisar costume than i never stood a chance

Never underestimate the stupidity of a California State Trooper

That being said yeah the sheer ridiculous size of it means you're probably fine

Yeah it's gonna be quite big anyway i make it.

And plus most of the trigger happy cops in that state are probably busy shooting rioting feminists so I'll probably be okay.

Even if I built a functioning one AND IM NOT you really think I wouldn't use gyrojet flares?

Yes BUT in this case I'd rather it be comical than realistic (for safety reasons I already posted)

Did this thread die cuz im pretty sure it died

>tigrus pattern boot pistol
>boot pistol
>it shoots boots

I actually approve of this.

"I'm gonna put my power armoured foot up your ass, Eldar filth!"
>lol come here and say that, Mon-keigh
"No need!"
*Blam*

Get the drawfags we need art of this NOW