Did you ever have any women in your group?

Did you ever have any women in your group?

How badly was the group disrupted because of this?

I do and it wasn't. It was actually an improvement imo, she's a good player.

I play and DM with my gf
She's often the most active and involved player in the group, as well as the best DM of us all
If you have disruption problems in your gaming group, it's because yoj play with shitty people

i really, really like this sheep

can i save it?

Two women in an online group. One character was a major enhancement to the party and the other was just fine.

Yes, a good number of the groups I've played and run games in have had women in them. Not all, but definitely more than half.

Generally the groups have not been disrupted, and in the situations where they have it has either been because of dipshit men who can't keep their shit together around women in a social context, or because the women were dipshits themselves. Not because of their womanhood alone.

The vast majority of women I've played with have been engaged with the game, excited to play and not disruptive. I notice a slight tendency towards role-play over roll-play, but I think that's socially learned behavior rather than something innate.

Have another Harlan Ellison edit.

I've had 3 total. 2 of them were pretty awful to play with and I ended up leaving the group. The third is my girlfriend and she is wonderful. I got worried one time cause her character got murdered hard early in the campaing, but she laughed it off and made something new.

I have a woman in my group, she's perfectly fine and probably the best roleplayer we've got.

Same, the girl in our group had been a friend for a long time, and was a the single biggest Tolkien-fag among us. Once she'd gotten used to the general tomfoolery our D&D tended to consist of, she blended right in.

she spent one campaign playing what was essentially a female Landsknecht, fighting a boozing and robbing and generally boasting her way to victory with ridiculously extravagant armor and an enormous zweihander. She once nailed an intimidate roll to spend a day posing menacingly on the bow of our small river ferry to dissuade bandits from attacking us, and killed and orcish chieftain in single combat, after which she proclaimed herself the new chief, and claimed his tent as her own.

Go on, it's all yours my friend ;)

yeah, one of the player's girlfriends

and not at all, if anything she doesn't get involved enough, because when she does, she tends to do some interesting shit with characters
>played a crazy cat mage in our MTG RPG test, her unique ability was to turn creatures into 1/1 cats and to create cat tokens

Over my years, Three women have been at my table. The first was a fine roleplayer, if a bit mary sueish but got into character and took things seriously. Then she broke up with my brother and I took it harder than he did.

Another was willing to try but quite nervous and wanted a lot of hand holding. We would ask "What do you do?" and she would respond "I dont know!"
Ive met some blokes who do that too though. I think we could have taught her to overcome but that campaign didnt last long, and she was busy a lot anyway.

The third is an absolute gem who I hope stays around. She's the sister of one of my other gaming mates, takes everything seriously whilst joining in on jokes and has been sketching up things for her and other characters in some of our games. Most recently, she helped draw the map, drew her character and we are collectively designing a uniform for the Town Watch in our warhammer fantasy campaign, where she hopes to become a gender bent clint eastwood mother of two redheaded twins.

I've 3 girls at my table (Two are the girlfriends of the other players). All of them veteran, and all of then Roleplayers while the male are nothing but a bunch of minmaxer and munchkin.

It's wrong to fuck sheep.

one group, from in college was mostly women, went fine. Last group had one young woman, she decided her bipolar meds were no longer needed, and after about 2 weeks had a major freakout in the host's bathroom. (she also decided that she wanted to sleep with the one married guy in the group) She was no longer invited back after that.

Yeah, they're bad at roleplaying games too.

Please, my girlfriend isn't a sheep
but she's the GOAT

I have play with some groups that were mixed while at uni. As long as people don't spreg out then it can be a nice time for everyone.

>probably bait OP
>people post in a civil manner proving bait wrong

This isn't the Veeky Forums I know, but I like it

I've seen this too. Ran a campaign for a group from the my universities rolepalying club, and the two girls who showed up were fantastic. One clearly had no idea what they were doing, but were more than willing to learn.

The guys though? Dick jokes, over the top shenanigans, constant one upping and interrupting... eurgh.

You're a fag, but I've got to give you props for that one. Still a fag, but a fag with props.

Most of my groups are around 40-50% female.

It has never been a problem.

I ran a game for an entirely female group of players for a while. It was, for the most part, a great game - they came up with backstories for how they all knew each other, played their characters well, and were pretty creative in solving problems.

I did have one player try to base her ranger on Hawkeye, but that's just how these things go.

Two women currently, one past.
Past player was a solid group leader. Always had a good plan on how to proceed.
Current ones, one is super good. Contributes well to RP and combat. The other makes a lot of dumb decisions, but that's more she's kinda dumb ooc.

>This shit again

Never had a problem with female players. Never had a problem caused by having female players. I didn't even have the "classic" blunder of socially inept faggot who couldn't handle presence of a woman next to him, playing the same game as he does. I'm playing since 2002 and next month I will "celebrate" a decade of GMing.

Also, this meme is fucking stale and boring, even as part of the "board culture"

Is no one going to accuse this person of being JDF, or is that just a /pol/ thing?

Is this a troll thread?

the girl in my group is the one who gets everyone together.

Aside from extreme snowflake syndrome and her tendency to be flirty with the group our female member is OK, she does disrupt the group though pretty badly sometimes but we have two guys who are diagnosed with autism in the group too so it's just like having a third.
I'm actually surprised she sticks around because it's obvious she's uncomfortable with the jokes we make but she insists it's OK. Idk.
Though I've had to kick out 3 women before her and only had to kick out one guy in 10 years.
You build the game for the party you have, not the party you want.

>Is no one going to accuse this person of being JDF, or is that just a /pol/ thing?
Lolwut

>Is this a troll thread?
Yes, retard. We're trolling OP by not giving him what he wants.

Current group is half women. Only straight men are me and my bestie's fiance. Three women + one gay dude.

The women I've played with have generally been great in part because they have backgrounds in Livejournal RPs and the like. You can teach the mechanical aspects of a tabletop RPG much easier than you can teach someone to roleplay.

We have had no creep problems. Turns out straight men are totally capable of treating women with respect, or should be.

There's 6 different girls in my regular gaming groups. It never disrupted anything.

It's a /pol/ thing but since when has /pol/ ever stuck to their own shitpile?

We have two women in our group, and both are good players.

There haven't been any disruptions as a result of them. Our worst player is a guy, and even he is improving and overcoming bad habits.

Never as disruptive as a fat neckbeard with no social skills who loses his shit when a woman is around.

Several times.

Not at all.

To add a bit on that :
>absolute gem, roleplays really well, knows the crunch and GMs CoC. Usually play suboptimal characters with real flaws
>average in crunch but roleplays really well
>average in rp and crunch but at least plays characters fitting her style.
The last 3 are pretty average

50% of the group (used to be a slight majority but we got a new guy recently).

It hasn't been.

It's become fairly evident that the RPG group I'll be joining in a couple weeks will, with the exception of myself, be all female players.

I don't know how to feel about this situation.

It was an attempt.

2 out of 3 were good players.

Yes, of course I did, like every person that has ever played a TTRPG.
Ergo ~30% of Veeky Forums.

The girl in our group is a bit quiet, but is one of the better players

i DM for my girlfriend and her group of friends.

everyone but her is completely green.

it's pretty fun.

Girlfriend of one of players wanted to try it out.

Spent the whole time trying to make Undertale references or being on her phone.

Nothing was accomplished.

I've only had two kinds of experiences but that's across quite a few different games with different women.

They're either really fucking into jamming their fetishes into the game and acting slutty in character (but heaven forbid you call their character a slut).

Or they're passive but still pretty dope to be around because they're just their for some company and ultimately a good time (usually because their boyfriend is in the group).

I know anecdote isn't the plural of evidence or anything, but I can vouch for that first one.

The second not so much, only one passive female player and she wasn't really interested in the game, so it wasn't that fun.

>This isn't the Veeky Forums I know, but I like it
This is how the Veeky Forums of old used to be.

Yep, no disruption except for one weird lady. The best horror GM I have ever played with is a woman.

Because my Group isn't stagnant, there are often some female friends in one case a friends girlfriend who want to try it out. but the core of me and 4 others players is mostly constant. The first is really chilled, usually she is the one making lewd jokes. Her Character, a male werewolf which is based on an OC of her is a bit snowflaky and sometimes contraproductive but that don't bothers the most times and out of the roleplay, we keep shipping our Characters because are so annoyed of eachother in the roleplay itself. Which inspired her to some lewd art. The Second One is quite nice, plays a female warrior but sadly has often no time to play. The to others ones are nice to, elven thief and half-elven bard. The both are acting a bit introvert and shy so far, but hey I think most peoble do that when the are new, and the are getting better. The last one plays a ranger that is mute and holds the record for a near-death experience in EVERY Session, but hey, she convinced our dwarf one time to don't kill all the farmers, thats fair enough i guess.

By first, second etc. I mean the womens that I had played with.

>Did you ever have any women in your group?
Yes.

How badly was the group disrupted because of this?
It wasn't the group is still running and doing well.

I've been playing with a group of fa/tg/uys for something like two, two and a half years. I've spent the entire time pretending to be a man for fear of disrupting the group. I wouldn't call myself the best writer but I'm usually engaged and the other members of the group seem to look favourably on my in-character efforts to establish party interactions. I usually play skillmonkeys or tanks that stay out of the spotlight but help other characters have fun.

However, I'm in the process of leaving the group. One of the members, a supposed straight man, showed interest in me and has expressed issues with regards to questioning his sexuality because of me. I never wanted any of this or this kind of attention, but I have difficulty saying no. It's made every weekly session more and more awkward, and it's not something I want to discuss with the rest of the group, so I'm quitting at the end of the current campaign.

Spoilered for blogshit. Sorry for typos it's fuck o'clock in the morning.

>Partner playing novice SOB
>Party skulking through ship in warp infiltrated by Genestealer cult.
>SOB get's the bad stick of random targeting and gets blown up before turn rolls around.
>Rolls new character next session and continues on as normal.

>My groups are normal because neither myself nor the people I run with are huge sperglords like OP.

Holy kek, it's like that one Futurama episode but real.

Do you ever plan to tell him or are you gonna let the poor confused sap think he's gay?

If the guy has already considered "a dude" attractive, he'll either come to terms with being attractive to dudes, or conclude that the physical side is too offputting and isn't gay.
If she goes back and tells him now, it'll only confuse things and prevent his growth more.

I really don't know how to tell him. I feel like it would be a double slap in the face because I'm a lesbian, and thus am not interested in him either way. I imagine it would be less painful for him to be rejected by a straight guy than a gay woman, right? I'm also afraid of disrupting the entire group if he finds out and then tells the others, so I'm at least waiting until the end of our current campaign.

We also play together in another group. In that other group, my girlfriend is also pretending to be a guy and playing with us. I introduced her as my male friend. My girlfriend and the guy play overwatch together now. I'm frightened that him finding out the truth would be absolutely devastating, especially as he's already a depressed alcoholic. What a mess.

I feel bad for him but don't know what to do.

good 'un user

You have to go back.

But it's more fun to do things the old Veeky Forums way of trolling trolls by being sensible and on-topic.
By making the conversion of troll threads into productive threads a part of local culture again, it is ensured that boardspace is never wasted.

This is extremely cringey forced discussion about things that never happened.

That is convoluted. Good luck.

Thank you. I hope I don't end up irreparably hurting him.

Elves and dwarves and magic never happened either, user. But we made a board for it anyway.

Let's see here. One was married to a friend I made at the FLGS. Only got to play with her and them once, because it was my trial run. I was still young and hadn't shed all my teenage angst. In modern parlance you could say that I had a bad tendency to leak Edgelord. They were the 30ish veteran group. So I failed to get into their group.

There were several "brought their gf to the table" types and those were all shit. One only showed once and had a 20 minute giggle fit. The line "You've either slapped her too much, or not enough" was deployed.

Another was around for a long time in an L5R campaign. Classic GF at the table, three months in and was STILL asking "So how many dice do I roll again?" Made a Tsuruchi, played it like a wood elf in combat (the joke was made that she had a little wagon full of dirt with a tree planted in it so she would have one wherever she went.) Out side of combat the only thing she ever did was climb trees, hide in them and spy on people.

Tried out an exalted game, (1st ed) from an LFG flyer at the FLGS. Dude's GF was running and the favoritism showed from the second she opened her mouth.

Now for this next one, I want you to immagine a hippie chick. You know, tye dye, beads, headband. Likes arts and crafts and just enough musical talent that she could probably make a career as a grade school music teacher.

Got that image? Good.

Now fast forward her to her early 40's. Hair touched with grey. Give her a 10-12 year old son with full blown ADD. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaand she never lost any of that prego weight so NOW she's got the build of your average frumpy housewife. And she only plays bards. And since she's single, her kid (the one sorely in need of Ritalin, but clearly isn't getting) is in every game with her.

Different user here. Just wanted to offer some advice that, you're better off telling him now because the longer it goes on the more painful it'll be when he does find out.

I know you don't want to hurt the poor sod but that ship has already sailed and, from what I can tell, it's a case of a little pain now or a lot of pain later and, the sooner you tell him, the more chance your relationship has of recovering. Obviously I can't force you, but it's just some food for thought.

I know this is a troll thread but still gonna stay on topic.

Get the fuck off of my elf bondage board you crazy nigger

My group is three women and two men. It's great. Everyone's a good roleplayer, they remember important shit about the plot, and they come up with creative solutions to the horrible situations I put them in.

There's never any disruption, because we're all adults with basic social skills.

This, you're only going to make it that much more painful when he learns the truth. If you actually consider him a friend you would tell him the truth

Hm, thank you for the advice. I think I'll go ahead and wait until the end of the current campaign which is nearly over to avoid ruining it for the others in the group, then come clean.

>Is no one going to accuse this person of being JDF
of all the potential insults, how is JDF a relevent one here

> Hawkeye
Like, Alan Alda?

Getting ready to play RotRL and one of the 4 players is the GM's wife. Favoritism does not seem likely so far (he didn't allow her to reroll stats) so my hopes are very high!

In order: Often, and never.

Yeah, it seems that a lie brought more trouble than it's worth.
Just tell the truth and say sorry.

Sounds like a reasonable course of action. Best of luck, user.

Sidenote: why are so many femanons on Veeky Forums lesbians? Is it just the usual Totally Gay?

Autist female. The female isn't the problem so much as the autist bit.

Love how this thread works under the assumption men being "creepy" is a common issue.

Who the fuck have you been playing with? How is this any better than the "women don't know RPGs" assumptionm

>Love how this thread works under the assumption men being "creepy" is a common issue.
out of all the replies not nearly enough make that statement to say the 'thread' is saying that

Aside from my snowflake of an ex,I really haven't had any issues with gals. Though admittedly I haven't GMed a game yet, mainly because the system I want to run is going through a weird ass phase until ruleset 2.0 comes out.

There's some autist who's been bitching about /pol/ for at least a week. I'm beginning to suspect he's actually from that board from the way he brings it up in unrelated discussions and derails them. The fewer people acknowledge him, the sooner he'll lose interest.

Love for cute girls doing cute things transcends gender, user.

Might be projecting things from other threads, but whenever you read some of these replies you'll notice the assumption that men have a tendency towards acting a certain (ill behaved) way towards women in a social setting, which isn't really a male trait as it is a sperg trait.
It can happen regardless of gender, or orientation really.

Bad players and good players disregard barriers like age and gender.

Differing femininity standards.

Yes. It wasn't, because we're friends, and their gender has no impact on their ability to play.

over the years, I've played with several women, and only one was really that bad.
Honestly, these days I'd take disruption over what I usually end up seeing in groups, which is fuckers on their laptops or phones completely disengaged with everything else. At least if they're being overly dramatic about their character's bullshit, they're actually engaging with the world and getting in character.

Ah, yes. Now I see. Thank you for enlightening me, user.

>all these white knights ITT
>my gf/wife is totally great guys, OP is just a troll

Ya it sucked each time in a different way. The first 2 were attention whores and weren't invited back for session 2. The third one was bland to the point that a NPC could overshadow her, but at least she filled out the party. The fourth one, while being a good roleplayer, had to fist in the whole "gurlpower don't need no man stronk fightin' all the gross dudes" and it just sorta stood out from her backstory like a self induced, unnecessary soar thumb. Like, removing 2 sentences wouldn't have made her character worse or better, but that glaring bit of self-projection is sorta... "bleh," or "why though?".

tldr; I wish I met better female players, but I could say the same about my male friend too.

Most of the women I've gamed with would utterly refuse to crack open a book for any reason then get mad that their character is shit.

Damn it OP I saw you posting this another time, stop it it's cruel. You know how horny and desperate Veeky Forums are they always have to rush to the defense of all the theoretical m'ladies, it's embarrassing.

My group is a myself as a dm, a few gun-totin rednecks from west texas and a fairly attractive girl. Pretty sure she's banged most of the dudes but no one really cares since we're adults/normies. Especially compared to a previous group I was in with my gf where all the guys started hitting on her once we broke up. It was pretty awkward. They were pretty spergyin general

The redneck group is also the funnest/funniest party I've ever had.

>How is this any better than the "women don't know RPGs" assumptionm
Because you can't be sexist against men because something something patriarchy.

Two honest to god MILFs. There was no disruption, we were all too lawful good to hit on married women.

>DM for /pol/ the group
>Literally zero racism, sexism, no group in-fighting, no politics etc. They even treat every NPC and their property respectfully
>DM for reddit the group
>Its a fucking nightmare with everybody accusing everybody of being /pol/
>They murdered multiple lawful good characters for what I assume was because they were apart of the !catholic church
>The sole women player finally freaks the fuck out because we played a one shot DITV season
End me.

What would you expect from a website that's one gigantic exercise in segregation? /pol/ on the other hand is a glittering example of multiculturalism, people from all different parts of the world, walks of life and political beliefs getting together to talk about how much they hate jewish people. Ah well, baby steps.

Sort of like that /pol/ group except everyone is aggressive and racist but in an ironic way. One character is literally a nazi, one is a whore, one is a caveman, and one is a ripoff of steven hawking, but everyone roleplays their characters really well.

Yeah my last group was a le reddit group and they were turbo edgy and annoying

>one is a ripoff of steven hawking
>/pol/
Haha, what.