MTG Modern General: Sequencing Cantrips and Rituals Is The Hard Edition

How many of your decks have gotten the funhammer? Have you avoided buying into a deck in case it got banned too? Will Twin be unbanned before WOTC drops all Modern support and transitions into Standard and Frontier only?

Playing, hating, brewing, sideboarding?

>RESOURCES:
>Current Modern Metagame
>mtgtop8.com/format?f=MO
>mtggoldfish.com/metagame/modern
>DATABASES:
>magiccards.info
>gatherer.wizards.com

Hi.

Go back to bed, Karn. You're drunk.

(R)(W)(W/R)
Instant
4 damage to target creature or player. Target player gains 4 life.

>all of this tryharder solution to DSJ when you just need a pair of lightning bolts...

Just hard remove it, holy shit. This is a shit response to deaths shadow

Are black people welcome at FNM?

What are the advantages/disadvantages of grixis shadow over regular jund shadow?

It's worse. It's not better. It plays blue cards

there's this old black dude at my LGS that likes to wear all white and plays white eldrazi
cool dude

Not paying for a playset of goyfs

grixis pros
>don't die to bolt
>serum visions
>snapcaster mage
grixis cons
>no tarmo
>no traverse the ulvenwald
>no ghor clan rampager

Fatal Push should have been in white instead. I get that that might have made standard worse but holy fuck the game really didn't need another good black card

I've played magic for years no problem. They people who were shitty to me I feel would have been shitty if I were any race. There are some stores I avoid because the atmosphere is bit too rednecky.

>wanting to give fatal push to kithkin tribal
Most retarded post I have ever read

Not funny

Everyone complains about blue when white is almost nonexistent in older formats. Wizards isn't helping either by taking away low costed exile removal and protect. And they haven't printed a relevant hatebear in years.

The goal is actually to be a slightly bigger lightning helix

I just made it target to have edge applications

>white is almost nonexistent in older formats
Of the cards that don't make up DnT and see play across multiple decks the only real noteworthy cards are Mentor, Swords, Thalia, and Stoneforge, and the various tech cards in white
White needs a serious overhaul for older formats IMO
>inb4 someone gets pissy because of Miracle's meta share

This is the modern thread. Why do you think people care about blue in modern and not white in older formats?
Christ this place is ridiculous

Me and my friends all got into mtg recently and we're all having a good time with it so far. I was thinking if making a fun mono-red deck with goblins. Any recommended creatures/spells I should add?

I'd recommend checking the thread you're posting in

Yeah I just realized this us modern format. Sorry.

You're a few years too late user. There's a General for custom cards btw, and if there's not just make one.

If those were a hybrid RW I'd be happy

And na I just felt like funposting, fuck custom cards

I'm saying that white needs a buff in older formats (MODERN, legacy and vintage) more than blue. And they need to stop giving the best tools to b and the gb hybrid cards.

My abzan coco deck uses plenty of not-path white. I don't know what you're talking about

What are the best gifts packages in modern?

>Unburial Rites
>Fatty

>Snapcaster
>Noxious revival
>Bullet
>

>Loam
>Ravens crime
>Conflagrate?
>

What am I missing? Anything?

>low tier 2 deck

You really disproved my point.

You're the type that's useless to converse with.

Living end is best combo deck

It is also the most boring

How about someone else phrase it in a more reasonable way

The cards you are using in your deck, such as Anafenza or a few other cards like in D&T (Displacer, Arbiter, Flickerwisp, etc), have specific synergies that does not lend them to general usage. Path and bullets like RIP and Stony Silence are some of the only general use cards white has in the format, which is why the couple decks that run white generally stick to those core tools and Lingering Souls which requires black anyways.

Your deck is not a great representation of the fornat, which is widely dominated by jund colors for its primary strategies.

How? You actually have play with your opponent unlike valakut or ad nauseum.
It's mostly cycle idiots into cascade but post board and against blue decks the matches are more skill intensive.

That's an odd way to spell Amulet.

That's not ad nauseum

I'm sorry user. Bloom is gone and the new version is meme tier

Lingering souls is good in most value gifts piles

>gets Bobby to 16th place on his first try in a GP since the ban, top 32'd before that
>turn 3 Titans are meme tier
Whatever you say, Mr. Pro

And living end placed even higher recently. Just saying I've played against the new amulet and it seems much worse then before

Wizards doesn't really specifically design for older formats.
Legacy is regarded as a format of mistakes. They don't ever want to purposefully make something powerful enough to see play there.
They just don't really care about modern and designing something specifically for modern will often be too powerful for standard.

>grixis opponent has 3 open mana
>I'm on two lands with simian and outburst in hand
>decide to bait him with a dryad arbor
>he takes the bait and terminates, thinking I'll be stuck in two mana
>resolves
>simian, outburst into end for 6 creatures
>gg ez

I'd say it has more to do with how Living End (if uncontested post-board) is a hard counter to DSJ, Eldrazi and anything creature beatdown (so the current top meta) really than the fact that it's just strictly better no matter what. Amulet has more explosive draws and an unreal late game.

I want to build owling mine for dirt cheap as my first real modern deck but all my friends play burn or aggro.

I enjoy shitting on tron with fulminator, beast within and sideboard avalanche rider

>cracked two boxes
>2 damnation, one of each fetch sans tarn, blood moon, and goblin guide
>foil goyf and foil marsh flats
>bunch of other edh mythics

>1 path to exile
>0 inquisition

what the fuck is this

Gambling?

>the fuck is this?

You falling for the "Buy a box, guaranteed value"meme.

>buy my first pack of mm17
>guildgate
>another guildgate
>oh this is going to be good
>Liliana of the Veil
>neat, might as well ruin my good run
>buy a second pack
>Misty Rainforest
And that's why I'm not opening anymore packs.

if you want to timewalk aggro into oblivion on the cheap, just build soul sisters

i think living end is marginally more exciting than AN and valakut titan decks

>tfw we're never gonna another cool, powerful combo deck in modern

>tfw even if we do it will be banned

Desperate Ritual, Pyretic Ritual, Manamorphose, Past in Flames

>tfw we're stuck playing the same extended combo decks until the format implodes

>average storm player can't even reply properly

@52273529 who do you think you are to start calling people out? Let's see your deck, scrub

>all my mythics were red
>only foil rare was Advent of the Wurm
>best pulls were Misty, Arid Mesa, Marsh Flats, and Blood Moon
>1 Path, no Inquisition

>Saheeli Rai+Felidar Guardian
lol

Fucking MM17
>4 packs summoning trap. grafdiggers cage, fiercy justice, misty

Misty was fine also foil izzet signet but fuck dude

>powerful

>I'll take white removal in modern for 1 basic tapped please
What is path?

Dont forget
>loam
>flame jab
>bounceland
>fatestitcher

Nigga he got a shit load of value

My box was literally worth 50 dollars. Zero fetches, zero good mythics. I was pretty mad, most valuable card I got was path, hehe......

>pros
>serum visions
baka senpai

>oi vey, don't crash the price of path to exile
>we actually sell large numbers of that card at hugely inflated prices

how'd i do, lads?

Swagtusk/10

>didn't sleeve 10+ dollar cards instantly
Pretty bad.

That's pretty awful actually.

I assume you pulled that from a box you purchased, so good job you fucking idiot, you could have literally bought all that shit for less than half of what you bought the box for.

rat cunt

how much of a tool do you have to be to post your awful fucking pulls from the box of modern jewmasters 2017 remember the six gorillion distributed by Kikes of the Coast who narrowly escaped the final solution oy vey good goy.

Honestly you did pretty fucking awful, and you're a fucking douche.

Hopefully you get hit by a car soon, and become a paraplegic for the rest of your worthless existence, you fucking waste of space, please fuck off and kill yourself. Consumerist pig fuck.

>all this samefagging
Jesus christ, sorry a box is expensive for you

Good goy / 10, please continue to support oven dodgers of the coast with your delicious shekels, oy vey.

Everyone point and laugh at this dumbass, how fucking retarded do you have to be to open one of these merchantcontainers, you literally paid to get shit you simply could have bought singly for a fraction of the price and you probably did it with a smile on your face you literal potato faced retard cunt twat.

it was a gift. also i had fun

How are people not embarrassed to post proof of themselves getting ripped off.

Do you want us to validate your stupidity user?

Because sure, you did a good job bud, you got fucked in the ass and your proud of it, good job, you are literally aids.

Cancer / 10

kys faggit.

>all this fucking samefag
unironically kill you're self

Lmaooooo, and thats probably considered a """"""good"""""" box, holy shit these newfag customers cannot be this stupid.

>Literally buying a box of modern cucks 2017
>ishygddt

can you just imagine this dude stroking his fat chode while his sausage fingers are struggling to open the next pack, sweat beading off his 3 forehead down to his 6 chins, fully erect as he finally finds the fetchland, and climaxes all over his hobbit toes, he's finally made it, he finally got the fetchland he paid 240$ dollars for holy shit.

> g-guys, h-how'd i do
>i-i did g-good right g-g-guys
>pls g-guys
>pls
>Im not a loser faggot cuck twat r-right

White is perfectly fine you mong.

Just because you can't play fucking kithkin tribal and win doesn't mean the color is bad.

Hybrid mana was a mistake. You were a mistake.

Is this the worst post of all time on Veeky Forums, its kind of difficult for me to wrap my head around why someone would possibly think this is a good thing to post, it only proves how much of a total tool you are, and that you've got the intelligence of a tangerine.

This faggot and faggots like him are why I eagerly await the end of this fucking card game

Getting angry at decent folk won't change the fact that your dumb ass overpaid like a fucking idiot.

Stay mad, customer.

>bought my mm17 box
>UR fetch
>B/G fetch
>B/W fetch
>R/W fetch
>Snappy
>Voice
>Foil Abrupt
>3 inquisitions
>2 paths
>foiled Might of Krosa
>caverns
>still 8 boosters left

my dick

>only people who bought overpriced cardboard disagree with me

I don't even play this fucking game i come here to shit post

That lil dwarf has more character than all of the Kaladesh dwarves combined.

how fucking sad are you that you wait for the end of a card game you don't even fucking play. You are aids embodied. What a waste of space.

I wait for the end so I may shitpost about it. How sad are you that my hobby upsets you this much.

lmao, what a fucking loser

Not even him but holy shit you are pathetic.

fucking douche

Call me whatever you like. It won't stop me.

>Mono-Red Burn is a combo deck.
Is Seth (or SaffronOlive for you gays) retarded?

>I spend an hour posting reaction images and thinking up ebin replies
I wish I was this sad and alone lmao