POST 'EM edition

POST 'EM edition
youtu.be/rgFQ6WmxdMs

Previous Thread RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

CARD SEARCHING

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
magiccards.info/

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/alara-lands-2/
magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/feature/duel-decks-mind-vs-might-2017-03-20
magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/magic-digital/magic-digital-next-2017-02-17
mtggoldfish.com/articles/a-first-look-at-magic-digital-next
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/karn-stax-garbage/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Here are some of my babies

So what'd you get in the mail today /edhg/?

Literally just opened the package and then refreshed the thread.

Just got them when I walked into the office this morning.

>three judge promo imperial seals
>three promos avacyns
>them homeward paths
came a little bit what decks are they going into and how much did you pay for them?

>What decks are they going into
The Paths are just gonna replace normal Paths in 3 of my decks. Avacyns are probably going into Trostani, Ghave, and my binder to await a third deck. Seals are going into Ghave and Gitgud (my third black deck is Orkz, so having "imperial" in it doesn't make much sense, I guess?). Confluence, unsure- one goes into Melek for sure, though.

>how much did you pay for them
I didn't.

I've got pic related on the way for my OG Kozilek deck, what should I expect?

>those fucking Imperial Seals
I didn't know there was a judge promo Avacyn either. Those look pretty rad.

Avacyn and Confluence are brand new from this wave. They just started arriving in the hot hands of judges on Friday.

Dumb elf shit probably.

Just got a force of will and a JTMS for Baral. Pretty happy with them.

>Trostani
>Ghave
>Judge Foils
I see you there, gA.

Just let me play my shiny cards in my garbage decks!

What's the best deck you've ever built Veeky Forums?

Azusa Ramp into primal surge with no other instant/sorceries

Do you want to BLOW UP EVERYTHING AT INSTANT SPEED EVERY DAMN TURN?!? If not, this is not the deck for you. Go play a deck for little babies like Ezuri, Kemba or anything else without black.

For the rest of you: welcome to the 5-Color Lands master race, where the gameplan is to mill the crap out of yourself while bullying people with lands. What's that? How do you bully with lands? I'll show you:

Opponent: I'm bringing in my stupid Selesnya commander because I'm a wuss who plays the worst colors.

You: End of turn, [[High Market]] to sac [[Child of Alara]]. Use [[Volrath's Stronghold]] to get him back so I can do it next turn.

Clear? Good. Next? You need a wincon. We have a couple good creatures and some manlands but those are plan B. Plan A is the holy grail of commander: [[Maze's End]]. Mill/recur all of the damn gates and then *BOOM!* everyone else is dead. Fact: regardless of your preferences, winning with Maze's End makes you better at sex. FACT

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/alara-lands-2/

>Three judge promo imperial seals
>didn't pay for them

Timestamp please

Fuck user you're shit at this game.

It may not be my best deck, but my favorite is Melek by far, and my favorite creature is Disciple of the Ring. People forget all the time about how she can Spell Pierce and after a failed combo turn I've pumped her to still find lethal.

Oh shit it's gA

Nice seeing you again

Best as in funnest to play, or greatest chance of winning any given game?

I think my kami of the crescent moon deck is my funnest deck, but mime-o-slime self mill wins the most consistently

Might vs Mind decklist is out, both decks have pretty neat reprints

Mind
>Talrand, Sky Summoner
>Deep-Sea Kraken
>New-art The Unspeakable
>New-art Mind's Desire and a bunch of other Storm stuff
>Beacon of Tomorrows
>A bunch of Splice into Arcane shit if you're into that sort of thing

Might
>Radha, Heir to Keld
>Kamahl, Pit Fighter
>New-art Zo-Zu
>New-art Guttural Response
>Boldwyr Intimidator
>Coat of Arms

Looks pretty solid to me

What meme cards/combos have come out since C15? I've been out of the loop.

the 4 color precons are the best, most versatile and most powerful out of the best since 2011.

If I had to rate the precon products (not counting the 2012 commanders arsenal) I would put them as

On one hand the 2013, 2014 and 2015 decks were pretty shit out of the box (tons of unplayable 5-6 drops 40+ lands in each deck, next to no ramp/card draw in the 99)
the commanders were pretty neat
the 2016 and 2011 sets really are set apart in that they are ALL sweet and the most playable out of the box.

all of the 2013 decks is unplayable out of the box, so its the worst.
the 2014 set was pretty much just as bad but had more bombs and playbles in the 99 but were still pretty unplayable out of the box.
the 2015 set was just about as playable out of the box as the 2014 set, although naturally Meren and mizzix preformed well despite the deck and I had a lot of sucess with daxos in precon vs precon matches.
overall I love the precon lists, but if I was to recommend one I would have a hard time doing it.
the 4c decks are good but getting a good landbase for them might be expensive, the mono and two color decks are really spotty and the 2011 3 color decks are expensive while the 2013 3 color decks are pretty much just avenues to pick up 3 generals at once.

>(not counting the 2012 commanders arsenal)

>2012
I fucked it up
also I would rate the 2016 above the 2011

That's not new art on Mind's Desire, that's the judge promo art.

Everything involving Atraxa is an overplayed meme.

Link?

>Atraxa
Do you honestly have a hard time playing against her?

She's boring as hell and everywhere.

Making a Jin Gitaxias deck.

What needs to go in it?

Jin Gitaxias

Well, I just got a raise.

Talk me out (or in) on buying MODO, I've been watching too many MTGGoldfsh Commander videos and that seems like a lot of fun. Is it worth the ten dollars? Even if I don't pump too much time or money into it afterwards?

>Zo-Zu, Guttural Response, all them storm cards
Sweet sweet mother of reprint

magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/feature/duel-decks-mind-vs-might-2017-03-20

Worthless unless you already have an established playgroup, and leaks have shown they likely plan on replacing it within the next year or two.

>leaks have shown they likely plan on replacing it within the next year or two
Wait, source?

MODO?

It's not "leaks", but

magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/magic-digital/magic-digital-next-2017-02-17

mtggoldfish.com/articles/a-first-look-at-magic-digital-next

Some people think they're completely replacing what they have, it could also be a massive overhaul instead. Who knows. Either way, I would wait.

When are you going to drop your trip?

Coincide this with the release of D&D Beyond as an actual program and Investor Day graphics putting this next to Duels and MTGO and it's obvious this is a new Magic platform and not some overarching term for their new digital group.

That looks like a major overhaul but since they killed the previous D&D Tool they had and are launching a new one, I wouldn't be surprised.

ha really?
Our meta had 3 of them now it has none because it just kept losing.

Dude Selvala might be my favorite simply because I jammed all my favorite cards from my mono G devotion deck. But also swinging in with a 1mil/1mil unblockable Omnath is cool too.

photoshopped

Expect thinking that you can now play your whole deck, but not having enough draw to actually do so.

If you do want to play your whole deck, include loreseeker's stone, staff of domination, tower of fortune etc

i played a lot on xmage around commander 2016 times and i don't think i saw an atraxa deck win once, and i saw a ton of them. the counter memery is just too slow and ineffective to win games

a different selvala
turns out gw death and taxes is a good archetype

yeah
the best archetypes ive seen from her were walkers and infect.
walkers are slow but if you can stick they are decent
the infect deck can usually take someone down with it and can usually voltron little mrs. relevant keywords but removal is plentiful so that usually doesnt do THAT well.

>Edric. 30 lands. 15 counterspells and extra turn spells. 1/1 fliers.
Literally didn't lose a single game for the week I had it together. Had to kill it.

>Literally didn't lose a single game for the week I had it together. Had to kill it.
I hate when people take apart the decks just because they do well the first week.
Let the meta adjust damn it!

How do I build this deck? Seems like a fun commander to play, even if everyone at the table will want to kill me.

It isn't very good.

In the midst of making this too. I'm thinking land destruction and Stax elements, but somehow with a low mana curve. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

2011 were terrible out of the box. Kaalia had a bunch of random jank and Political Puppets had an unplayable manabase

You don't.

Mono-red is hard to pull off without cheesy shit like artifacts, but it is doable. You'd want to have a lot of artifact mana to help offset Zo-Zu doming you, and things like Basilisk Collar and Loxodon Warhammer to give him Lifelink. If you wanna be a real monster, toss in Grafted Exoskeleton to put everyone on one motherfucker of a clock.

That said, you highlighted the weakness there: everyone's gonna be gunning for you, and you're not actually strong enough to win a 3v1.

>Stax
I want this meme to die.

Storm Cauldron is MVP, especially if you pack the appropriate artifact Mana so you don't care about playing lands.

Everyone who's a not total tool realizes that Sliver Queen is only 5c worth playing, though. She can run combo and lands, madbabby isn't even good. You can add Necrotic Sliver too to have ultravalue.
But you wouldn't know anything about good decks, right?

You also need a catchphrase. "Flishy flashy dunk slam Jin-Jan the augur man" is taken though.

I remember the Ghave deck, the animar deck (which is the one I had) and the memeoplasm decks all had bad cards in them but the generals were very powerful so its not the same problem that the 2013 decks had where it was a wet noodle fight for 15 turns until someone finally wins

Stax is a fun archetype though, even if epic memesters throw that word everywhere.
Pure, good stax decks will want white in them, though.

Mono-red Stax is kind of hard to pull off. Zo-Zu offers fairly little to it though he will at least provide some incidental damage as people keep playing new lands to stay ahead.

You're going to need to go crazy with your standard stax package: Static Orb, Sphere of Resistance, Tangle Wire, Smokestack, Winter Orb, Smoke -- the works. Bring Strip Mine and Ghost Quarter for sure, Wasteland if you can afford it, to turn your land drops into land kills. A Salvaging Station package -- that is, having a lot of good cost 1 or less artifacts, preferably with sac effects -- could be really nice. This is the time for Lotus Petal in EDH, though Lotus Bloom is of course better.

You will want to run basically all the cost 0-2 mana rocks. Crypt and Vault are nearly essential to letting you toss your hand onto the field and stay ahead of your own lockdown elements.

And FFS if you're going the "I hate lands" route, get yourself a Crucible of Worlds. Replaying your Strip Mine with Zo-Zu out hurts, but it'll hurt someone else more.

Higher Cost, but spicy tech from my Feldon Stax: Keldon Firebombers.

The deck name is Jin and Juice.

Does that count?

chaos.dec
good luck with that
when you are ready to build a real deck let me know

>FTV Logo on the hat
>Not Worldwake

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/karn-stax-garbage/

Any advise for my bad stax deck?

Seems like it could be good fun in the 99 of a Group Slug deck like Gahiji or The Kings.

Why didn't you tell me this was so broken for casual multiplayer? My friends hate me now

but it's so much fun

I too enjoy taking 20 min long turns

They're not that long desu, Breya takes more time to go off, this thing kills you in one turn (if you find the psychosis crawler) but relatively quick

Why don't you mainboard this in every single one of your decks?

Jintler and concentrated juice. Shame you can't play Goebbling Ooze. At least you can play Shimmler.

I move too fast.

Daretti Stax.

Post semi secret tech

I'm okay with it existing, I'm just sick of /edhg/ trying to make every fucking deck into the universe into "le ebin Stax XD"

Not enough things that I'd rather Needle than just kill, and it's too easy to get rid of. It's a great hate card in a 4-of format where it's not likely to be collateral damage to an Austere Command.

How? There are only three types of deck in EDH

Stax (Control), Combo (Combo) and Midrange (Aggro)

Anyone got a link to the discord posted last thread?

There's also hybrid decks, and some that try to play a more traditional control setup than just "lolstax".

What I'm sick of are the people who will literally just jam Winter Orb, Sphere of Resistance, Trinisphere, and Tangle Wire into any deck and start jerking off about how great their stax deck is. It'd be the equivalent of sticking Pestermite and Splinter Twin into an otherwise Monk Tribal WUR deck and jerking off about how great your combo deck is.

YESS, this is insanely good for any deck with lifegain elements in EDH, having 7 cards in hand every turn for free is just too good, and people don't realize Necropotence is what's killing them in the long run, they always target the other stuff

I once had someone try to Naturalize my Aura of Silence rather than Necropotence, even though the guy wasn't running artifacts or enchantments that much, just creatures pretty much.

>semi secret tech

I know that feel, the rest of my playgroup are fairly new to magic and they make a lot of mistakes, it would be super easy to win every time if their decks weren't ultra powerful combo netdecks they somehow know how to pilot.

Forests are also pretty good

Yeah. I hate poor threat assessment the most, or grudgy players.
>tfw when I cast Rhystic Study early game and no one ever pays for the triggers and says "he's just drawing cards, not winning. He doesn't even have any creatures."

do people still fall for necropotence? Like it's the posterboy of stealthily op card, are you two talking about new players? seems strange that someone who knows magic decently doesn't know necro.

Yeah, one of my friends plays Breya, which wins out of fucking nowhere after doing nothing for several turns.

Yet everyone still attacks the shit out of me for playing Obzedat and a Ghostly Prison kek

>stealthily
>necropotence

They don't know necro they're fairly new, sometimes they show me cards they find online like Woah shit man look at this card it's called Mana Drain, can you believe it, a counter that gives you mana!!!!!!

Lads, I split a box with a buddy and got these.
Did I do well

hmmm.... necro is better

i don't really play much edh,but i like reading about it, why do i never see anyone talking about this card? feels like it would be prety good. Or maybe i just didn't lurk enough?
yeah, that's the point, but recognising why necor is good is like a milestone in a stereotyped magic learning path. Noobs don't know it's good in general.

Only good for control decks and it's super easy to bounce or something and make it lose it's counters... I should try it tho

>New-art the Unspeakable
Too bad it's worse than the original
New Zozu is cool though.

agreed, but my playgroup always blows up card advantage so I have to put this, necro and arena in my Korlash deck.