What is your libation of choice and why?

What is your libation of choice and why?

Either in-game or at the game table?

>inb4 Blood of My Enemies in a Skull at my gaming table

I tend to stock a variety of beer, mead, wine, scotch, and rum. I also keep a couple of bottles of gin and vodka for those who want them.

My only rules are that you drink responsibly, don't try to take any bottles home, and you keep your drink in their holders unless your taking a drinking.

Also, keep the cigars and pipes in the smoking room or outside.

For gaming, a round of good cider is always nice. Just a pint each, to wet the lips and loosen the tongue. While I tend to prefer traditional dry cider, the sweet and fruity stuff seems to work better for games, a bit more sugar and energy in it to keep the spirits up.

Spirits aren't good for gaming, but when I do drink them I go for Polish vodka. Hard to get and expensive with the import fees, but it's the best in the world. Despite how many Russian friends have threatened me over that statement.

There are many different worlds to explore.
Exploring the world of Tea is one of the most rewarding.

I prefer porters/stouts, water, maybe a cup of coffee or tea if it's earlier in the evening. Also session IPAs during the summer, low alcohol and the the summers are brutal here in Texas.

R-red Tea..?

>Polish vodka
Belvedere?

>in the smoking room

I say!

Your pic, It's hard to find a place that keeps It In stock consistently, though.

Fuck that shit. I've not got the most refined palate, and I can't remember/pronounce the names of half the shit I've been give by relatives, but Zubrowka and Zoladkowa Gorzka are two varieties I enjoy.

if I'm gonna drink at the table, I go for good bourbon, usually have a bottle of basil hayden's around
that, or a bottle or two of local beer.

You're a Danish Honey?

Basil Haydens. I can go for half a bottle a day about after work.

Unusual sodas: coffee, banana, terragon (Russian, very refreshing), tamarind.

Sometimes a small shot of scotch or a little high price tequila. On the rarest of occasions, our home-made mead.

I try various classic cocktails. Last time i played, I mixed like a half liter of negroni and regretted every sip. It's like drinking concentrated grapefruit peel.
It tasted exactly like I expected it would, but I honestly hoped to be surprised.

My group usually starts off with a dark and stormy each. After that mostly just beer.

There was one time we ran a Not!STALKER game and got sloshed on vodka to get in the mood, though.

I don't drink at the gaming table, though. However, when I do drink, it's generally sweet fruity ciders, and strong, tasty spirits. I've got a taste for spiced black rum currently. Harsh as fuck if you mix drinks too strong with it, but tasty.

Vodka is pleb tier, no matter where it's from.

You've never had good vodka. Seriously, the trash you get most everywhere is not at all representative of how wonderful the spirit can be.

My group likes Strongbow but I'm a nerd who sticks to water and milk

Usually soda, because I don't drink at the table.
When I drink, I like bourbon and dark beers, even though I haven't really got an appreciation for most spirits yet.

As you can guess I run L5R...

I don't drink at the table in general because it's at a Uni club and I need all my brain stations on standby to not fuck up the GMing.

As I transition to doing things in the comfort of my own home I'll probably have something I can nurse over the course of the night, some nice island whisky probably.