/5eg/ Fifth Edition General: "We don't call ourselves Sorcerers of the Coast" edition

>New UA: Wizards! Again!
media.wizards.com/2017/dnd/downloads/MJ320UAWizardVF2017.pdf

>Give WotC your feedback on Mystic
sgiz.mobi/s3/068d0a122041

>Official /5eg/ Mega Trove v4b
mega.nz/#F!z8pBVD4Q!UIJWxhYEWy7Xp91j6tztoQ

>Pastebin with resources:
pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

>5etools
5egmegaanon.github.io/5etools/5etools.html

>Previously, on /5eg/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NgigpC-xAB8
strawpoll.me/12550821
walrock-homebrew.blogspot.com/2015/12/worldbuilding-option-fortresses-temples.html
5egmegaanon.github.io/5etools/classes.html#Wizard,War Magic (UA)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Where do you guys find DPR charts?

hi

Which class should get the BMX bandit archetype?

kill you are shelf

>Hot.
youtube.com/watch?v=NgigpC-xAB8

>Your academic nature and
understanding of magic and doctrine allow you
to master this ability sooner than a cleric of your
domain.
Studying the bible makes you better than an actual saint.

I kinda wanted to find a way to keep some of the neat OP racial abilities like Skulk and Scent, though. How much would be too much to keep, considering 5e's kinda done away with some of the features Ratfolk racials refer to?

So we're getting new Wizard school based on feedback from the last class UAs article, but we can't even get new roguish archetypes.

And just in case you thought we listened to feedback on Theurgy, nope, we're gungho on this OP shit.

Great job, Wizards of the Coast.

Reply to this post if you're Mike Mearls

Fuck you I wan UA: food and provisions or UA: crafting

>Wizards of the Coast not Martials who can Boast

Fuck off cunt

Hi

I just make them.

Ask me what you want and I can make'em for you.

There're a couple of others out there though, can't remember where they were.

There was a DPR chart with the multiclass of Warlock and Sorcerer which seems to be the higher DPR of 5e but I'm not finding it.

Turns out enlightening by own intelligence works!

I don't get it. We already had the bladesinger.
And why did they release theurge again? Did they forget they already did that?

Warlock AND sorcerer?

You mean fighter sorlock?

I have a table that compares the damage of the first favoured soul sorcerer to a bladelock.

But I can absolutely tell you, fighter sorlock / sorlock does not have the highest DPR unless this is some stupid UA abuse shit. Fighter sorlock is fucking great because of its crazy pushback, but it's not the highest DPR.

They claim that they've changed it due to feedback, but I can't see a single change except for flavor text.

War Wizard seems to be a tactician not a faggot with a sword. The War Wizard would be commanding armies, the Bladesinger is the one getting punched in the dick.

This allows you to answer a survey about the archetype, if you think it's too strong they can change something.

strawpoll.me/12550821

Remember, this is a multiple option poll.

The options in those poll were gathered from the most highly voted options from other polls.

What other archetype capstones should Wizards get at 14th level?

It was something about Eldritch Blast AND Sorcery Points

Yeah really not seeing the whole War Magic = Bladesinger thing. Abilities are entirely different, flavor's pretty different aside from them both being battlefield casters, War Magic doesn't require you to be an elf, etc.

I think War Magic is great. Fits really well with Hobgoblin characters, which is neat.

Is the War Wizard's Int bonus to initiative on top of the normal Dex bonus?

Eldritch blast and eldritch blast again.

As said, it isn't the highest DPR. Especially considering it requires two bonus actions if you want to use hex and then cast a quickened spell the same turn.

It does have by far the best pushback in the entire game.

At least until maybe level 17-19, a fighter with a hand crossbow can achieve a higher DPR against most things, I'm pretty sure.

UA: We had to put something out so people would see the link for the mystic survey.

Seems so.

Yeah boy. War Wizard Swashbuckler Rogue with 20 in 3 stats with alert feat is +20 to the initiative roll. Revised Ranger or Weapon of Warning makes it advantage.

Matt Mercer Gunslinger makes it +26 at level 20 but it's a meme build at that point.

I see people often saying that Champion isn't good, but I like it since is very constant, it doesn't have a high burst but is constant.

The champion is basically equivalent to not having an archetype. Any other fighter could be that "constant" if they just didn't use their abilities.

Darkness + Devil's Sight for advantage.
Four Eldritch Blasts at 5th, six at 11th (at which point there's enough sorcery points to keep it going all day).

Sharpshooter + Xbow Expert Battlemaster can't match this over more than a couple turns, not without also having advantage on their attacks.

>Matt Mercer Gunslinger makes it +26 at level 20 but it's a meme build at that point.

>implying the War Wizard Swashbuckler Rogue isn't a meme build

Pretty stupid initiative though. What's the highest initiative in the Monster Manual?

IIRC nothing in the monster manual has any bonuses to initiative, so it's whatever has the highest Dexterity modifier.

>but it's a meme build at that point.
Not at the part where it needs 20 in 3 stats?

That pasta should've gotten an edit long ago.

>Not barbarians
>Not UA We gave superiority dice to all martials

Give them a break, we had 28 pages of Mystic.

>give champion a third attack at level 10
>change the fighter third attack to a second fighting style
Is it shit? Is it unwise to shit on non-champion fighters in this way?

Oh absolutely that is what is happening, couple people were trying to pseudo justify the DMs actions.

Being half-way decent at fighting is all Fighter has. Don't take it away from him.

But user, the UA should just be a page that reads
>ALl martials have superiority dice
No die amount, no maneuvers.

Just to btfo martialcuck more.

Fuck off, virt

Guys guys.
If they're revisiting archetypes now maybe they'll make alterations to Wot4E and other shitpiles.

suck my cock DWigger.

At level 5, you've got 3 attacks, 1d6+3 that can be upgraded to 1d6+13 for -5 to hit, but you also have +2 to hit from archery, and no disadvantage within 5ft so you can actually get advantage on prone enemies and autocrit on paralyzed enemies.

Advantage isn't too hard to come by, and, heck, you can walk up to an enemy, shove their face in the dirt and then nail their body with crossbow bolts. Also you have action surge to get an additional 2 attacks in when you need it.

You don't use devil's sight unless you're willing to lose EITHER agonizing blast or repelling blast or take 5 levels of warlock. If you lose repelling blast and your main source of combat utility... Well, sure, fine, if you really want. It's a competition of DPR after all. So you have 2 blasts for 1d10+4 each, but take an action at the start of each combat to give yourself advantage for the rest of combat. Then bonus actions.
So
n(4d10+16) - (2d10+8) where n is the number of rounds, with advantage, for warlock, though there's a slight sorcerery point danger. Also enemies have disadvantage on attacks.
Against
n(3d6+39) + (2d6+26) where n is the number of rounds, -3 to hit, no close combat problems or cover problems, and slightly higher AC.

It's kinda close, but really just stop talking about devil's sight, get repelling blast and you're golden to be overpowered.

This is a horrible way of going around it. Here's how I would do it.
> Third and fourth attacks are champion-only.
> Battlemaster gets much more powerful manuevers, I'm talking Tome of Battle here.
> Who plays Eldrich Knight anyway

>Third and fourth attacks are champion-only.
Why'd you want to buff the "i press LMB" archetype in such a passive, restrictive way?
Just give it actual fucking abilities.

How does being made Large interact with weilding weapons? Eg; could a Large character weild a greatsword one handed?

Champion archetype is not made for you. It's made for people who play 5e because they want to hang out with their friends and drink beer with them at the table, but they don't want to learn the system too much.
Battlemaster, on the other hand, is.

Oh, but, to continue my post I will say that at level 11, especially considering more sorcerery points, sorlock wins out.

At low levels, 1-4, the fighter definitely wins.
Levels 5-10 are a bit more conditional.

However, I was just comparing to a ranged fighter. You want REAL DPR?

Oathbreaker PAM paladin, level 12.

You can't be a large character. You can change your size due to some spells, and how it interacts with your equipment and weapon damage is described in those spells.

The monster manual explains when a size up, the weapons gain a damage dice. An ettin with a Morningstar deals 2d8, instead of d8. So it's up to flavor, but I guess as a large character you can go dual greatswords as short swords.

But never give a character this cause they do enough damage already without doubling damage dice.

Heck, I think PAM oathbreaker is at its most powerful compared to other DPR builds at level 7, but then level 8-10 it's even better. Level 11+ it's still great and level 6 and below it's just as good as any fighter doing the same build.

Depends how you got enlarged. 'Enlarge person'? You do an extra 1d4. You still have to hold that sword in two hands, because that sword just got enlarged too.

Holding a normal greatsword? We'll call it a longsword, and you add 1d4.

Those people should get out of my magical elf math games and stay out.

This, champion is fine. Its for folks that just want say, "I attack!." Every turn, like Warlocks and Barbarians.

>Those people should get out of my magical elf math games and stay out.
Too bad, they're here and they won't be going anywhere.

So basically unless it explicitly says so, damage doesn't change? I'm asking about a player wondering if, as a Primeval Guardian that uses their class feature to become large, they can weild larger and thus more damaging weapons. Though seeing that they can also add 1d6 damage to a successful hit 1/round every round, I'm going to say no.

yes they will because they don't care for the game.

I'm slightly miffed their War Magic tradition conflicts with my old homebrew a bit, so I updated mine a little. I know at least one user from before used it, so consider the old editions expired/alternate.

They can have better grapples and carry more shit. That's about it unless the ability specifies a damage increase.

Yes they shouldn't wield better weapons cause the weapons they already have are good.

>Conflicts

I hate to say it, but at least some iteations of that homebrew are way better than the piece of shit that is this 'Oh, I guess you get +X AC sometimes when you feel like it' wizard. Yours wasn't a pile of 'I boost my AC'.

>Arcane Theurge can STILL learn every Cleric spell and Wizard spell in the game

y tho

Just let them be able to learn domain spells and thats it.

But user, what about all the wizard autist screeching because they have to share the spotlight with others?

Our company's not called "Clerics of the Coast", user. We would actually release Loremaster, if we thought we can get away with it.

The Monster Manual has a bunch of monsters with large weapons. The Marilith has Large longswords which deal 2d8 damage as one example. I looks like they just add another damage die for each size category larger than medium.

I don't know if you want to let players use that though.

Yeah, I'm not entirely sure why they keep trying to add in uninspired and sometimes(Lore I'm looking at you) archetypes to wizards. Do they feel like they're required to because they're called WotC?

What do you guys use for construction costs? The rules in the DM guide don't cover the cost of a house or a tavern or some other simple building.

So I'm the only person whol ikes Theurgy and always has? Maybe I'm biased because I like no armoured clerics.

WE OLD SCHOOL NOW

Reminder that if you don't fill out the survey on the Mystic you don't have any right to complain when it's printed as is broken as fuck.

Martin Luther was ultimately more powerful than any given saint.

Didn't kill any monsters

What is the ideal leveling up cadence for a game in your opinion?

Guys give me ideas for an enchanted cultist dagger

In order to choose all the Cleric spells, they have to have all of the domain spells already selected.

In order to have all the domain spells selected, the theurge must be level 9, and spend all of their selections on the domain spells.

They can't select out of domain Cleric spells until level 10, and 10 of your chosen spells HAVE to be a certain list. Your normally 24 selected spells are cut down to 14, granted the spells aren't that bad, but you don't have a choice.

+1 Life Stealer's Misericorde. Steals a portion of a creature's life force when they're damaged by it. Wielder regains X HP, where X is based on the wielder's proficiency bonus.

Theurgists are a shitty homebrew made by someone that wants to have a wizard/cleric gestalt without the MAD.

And the people who sometimes look up from their phones.

>Creatures killed by this blade cannot be revived unless with divine intervention, as they are sacrificed to the hands of . Instead of following their intended path, the soul is put to he afterlife of the god that this dagger is attuned to.

>Once per day the dagger can cast divination.

Non-armoured clerics is nice and all but the theurgist is simply too powerful.
>You have access to both cleric and wizard spell lists instead of copying spells of your school for half price, enjoy!
>Oh, you can also add +2 to your save throw DCs every short rest I guess
>Also have cleric features earlier than the clerics get it

If they made the channel divinity more interesting than just 'My saves are hard to beat' and limited cleric spell selection, it'd be fine.

Though I guess you already have to jump through the 'you must have all the domain spells first' deal, but even then. If a wizard can write a lot of spells down into their spellbook, spells known isn't a worry for them at all.

Hmm.. Honestly maybe theurgist isn't so bad. Definitely better than bladesinger in any case. I think I'll consider allowing it, and swapping the +2 to a save for, say, whatever the domain's channel divinity is if they don't get that already.

I'd swap the Channel Divinity for Domain and Turn Undead. It's already balanced for that.

Honestly the only real cheese I see is Life Theurge at high levesl.

Having a white mage is appealing as an idea, the execution is just... So fucked. They should give them a more limited divine spellbook (that does include most of the important bits), and still, getting the 17th level feature at 14th is 1) cheap / boring, and 2) unfair. Wizards would be pretty strong even if they had only one feature - Wizard Spellcasting.

Why did they just re-release theurgy?? Did anything about it change, cause it still just seems boring as hell

They want more feedback I guess.

walrock-homebrew.blogspot.com/2015/12/worldbuilding-option-fortresses-temples.html

All these UA and still there isn't way to persuade people using intelligence. Why is that?

Add Int to spell damage, voila.

5egmegaanon.github.io/5etools/classes.html#Wizard,War Magic (UA)

New UA has been added to 5etools.

> Local man is fucking based

The barry player is pretty cute too

True, but if he got XP for all the mortals he got killed he's pretty high level regardless.

First thing to do should be to actually do a heretical thing in towards being a Wizard - Limiting their spell list.

How about they lose Necromancy and Evocation from Wizard Spell List, and ONLY gain Necromancy and Evocation from Cleric Spell list?

Necromancy and Evocation are the two most important schools for Cleric spells, and it definitely reduces their nuking potential.

And to be honest, it just feels right to me. That's why I'm brewing a White Mage Arcane Tradition with that exact idea.

Trying to make an ocean themed warlock patron. What kind of sea creature would you consider "good" or "bad?" I'm thinking manta ray/seahorse for good, and octopus for bad.

There already is an ocean themed warlock patron.

Your patron is one of the ancient sleeping leviathans dwelling in the sea. Something something deepest abyss or something something foundation of colorful reefs.

Looking at Ratfolk from PF, I'd think you could modify a Gnome easily enough to be a Ratfolk. The thing about 5e is it doesn't have a lot of floating modifiers, so features that give you a +2 here and -5 here should either be replaced with something easier to track or just ignored completely. I'd give Ratfolks proficiency in Stealth, advantage on Animal Handling checks to influence rodents, advantage on Perception and Survival checks made with their sense of smell, Small, 25' speed, Darkvision...one or two small features tacked on at the end.