Connected to SeattleNet...

>Welcome back to /srg/, chummer
>Last Viewed Files:
>BTL__The_Dangerous_Information_DOCUMENTARY.trid
>Sunshine.virtwall
>Turning_your_place_into_'Your_Place'.sim
>Pets_And_How_To_Care_For_Them.knwsft

Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: 204 (75% Positive)
* You have 1 new private message, titled 'Yo chummer, heard you have nothing better to do. Wanna come over and watch some movies?'
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage: pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
* Running Happiness.BTL...

>Paint straight
>Conserve Money
>And never, ever mess with a dragon's trid collection

Lifestyle Edition
How does your character live when not on the run?
Does he have some potted plants he tends?
Is he going out a lot, to party or to entertain himself?
Does he have some pets or some loved ones to be with and get emotional support from?
Or is he trying to escape his dreary life with BTLs and drugs?

Other urls found in this thread:

lmgtfy.com/?q=google
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

My street-sam spends pretty much all his downtime in either his private gym or shooting range, or in the arms of his girlfriend, dude just keeps getting into more and more traumatic shit and to top it off he's trying to quite the kami too but at this rate... Might end up getting ugly.

Now I kinda want to see Dunkelzahn's trid collection, both appearances and actual owned things.

Got a decker that dabbles with the idea (if not necessarily the practice) of custom deck architecture.

Reading up on changes in how hardware's built, planning out fancy looking builds that never get made, and even if they did would probably end up being sold at a loss.

My runner reads trashy romance novels in her spare time, or watches wacky action movies. Coming up with titles are fun.

My runner lives on a broken down boat and tries to reprogram some drones to act like a pirate crew in his spare time

what's shadowrun anarchy like?

I've never played any kind of shadowrun.

Rules lighter, but somehow still a mess in dire need of an editor. Not really an improvement.

You know how icecream tastes fine, but sugarless icecream tastes like feet? Anarchy is sugarless icecream.

is it true it doesn't run with a DM, but everyone has to DM in turns? That seems hella weird to me.

IIRC the game can be optionally played without a GM, but I wouldn't do that shit ever.
The Players can also spend their edge to gently manipulate the game world to do cool shit, like how you can spend edge in SR5 to find cover.

how do I translate this into shadowrunese

>Agents of Sin. Each operator is paired with a demon each representing a sin. They all posses unique attributes/abilities and alter their host in different ways. As such each fulfills a certain purpose within their unit. Due to their unique situation they operate in the shadows with few knowing of their existence.

w e i r d

what do you mean with "paired", "demon" and "unique abilities"?
also, turn off your trip when not in a relevant thread

Initiated Adepts and Magicians who have an NPC Metamagics which allows them to gain attributes/abilities of their Mentor Spirit, like critter powers and attribute boosts.

I also have no idea what the fuck these guys are so if you could elaborate further I could help more. And turn off your trip unless you got a reason to.

even if we don't at least have these cool pics
and thats Envy (Long Range Sniper)

this is Sloth (Mobile Cover/ Heavy Support)

hell if i know what it means its this dude's OCs
crazyasian1 deviantart com
robertbchew tumblr com/about
robertbchew blogspot jp/

As said, some Pairing Metamagic, which pairs them to a different Spirit and allows them to gain Attribute/Ability advantages of that spirit/ work in unison with them

And again, turn off the trip if not in a relevant thread

It's "rules light" except in that it waters down the system rather than actually making it simpler.

Because the devs have a fucking cargo cult about buckets of d6.

>Ruger Super Warhawk (refluffed under a different name) for main shooty shenanigans
>Fichetti Executive Action for concealability and quietness
>Defiance EX Shocker for legal restrictions
>Streetline Special as a throwaway gun
Is this too many guns for a non-sammy runner looking to have a little contribution in a firefight?

An Ares Lightfire can be useful because it can be made more quiet than other Pistols.

Besides that? Savalette Guardian is better mechanically than the Warhawk, even if the Warhawk has more style.

It's actually a relatively reasonable loadout for a face.

I understand that the Savalette is the ultimate go-to pistol, but I'm willing to take the hit to efficiency for the sake of having a revolver as my main upfucker. I will have a look at the Lightfire, though.

Channeling + Ally Spirit.

Last session ended with us knocking down the local fighting pit champion troll and kidnaping him from his home.
Half the team is running on Stim Patches and we have no concrete idea if this guy is headcase, infected, possessed or something else. Grey skin, claws, blind eyes and enough strength to simply walk through walls.
Were the 2k extra for delivering him alive worth it chummers?

Sounds like a Spirit Pact to me.

>grey skin
>claws
>blind

Sounds like a ghoul to me

I took Creature of Comfort and Latest and Greatest NQ applying it to my lifestyle. I'm slowly moving on up in lifestyles and waiting for the inevitable "I can't afford this lifestyle anymore" and fall destitute and into the gutter.

I'm also a troll

>Be cybered to .01 essence
>Have no emotion left in you

Literal to the image? Possession, Inhabitation, or 'just' a spirit pact that keeps the spirit tethered to the physical plane. Otherwise? Mentor spirit.

.... Darn it. Meant to point out how essence loss is a contributing factor, but by itself isn't a prime determiner of whether you lose all social ability. You need something extra; weak personality, antipathy, BTL addiction, etc.

Yeah, at least in 5e, as far as limits go, it's possible to just turn into a high functioning psychopath even with nearly no essence.

Sounds like Infected to me. Go get yourselves checked out by a doctor, and hope your GM isn't one of those types who'll just arbitrarily decide some of you are Infected now.

If a Spider is protecting a host, I understand that their deck is probably slaved to the host (provided the host is better) but do they attack USING the host?

Or does the host get it's own actions/attacks and the decker gets separate actions as well?

Re-reading through the matrix section now in the core book to try to answer this myself, but this is awful

>but this is awful
this describes most of the editing, and some of the rules

Host IC attack using the host matrix attributes.

To connect to a host, you have to be logged in with your persona on a device, which means you use those matrix attributes for attack.

Face: Hang out at the red light district restaurants and bars. You wouldnt believe how good the food is there since even hookers needs a good watering hole to take their customers to go eat.

Would a host and spider share the marks on a decker then?

Or would that involve some invite fuckery? (Host gets marks, invites spider)

The host and IC share marks. However, any host is going to do some informing, so the spider is going to hear about the host getting marks if it's not in an approved method (and possibly even then).

So it means that the spider is going to know there's somebody hidden and have only a smattering of possible targets, so they're going to be finding faster.

IRL there's a guy that eats at my restaurant every week, once if not twice. Never with the same girl, and he doesn't realize the entire staff knows.

>get snuck into a party
>party ran by the Alamos 20k
>spike the punch and other drinks with a special version of hurlg that goes down smooth but had the same crippling high booze content
>everyone starts puking and is delirious
>knock out the two security guards, zip tie the cooks, start stealing everything not nailed down
>watches, jewelry, commlinks, paintings, all of it that wasn't covered in vomit
>move things for an hour, then leave and sell it to a middlemen
>make a cool million after it's all said and done

The power of having large ranks in artisan with a specialty in moonshine. It may only come up once at the table, but that once was good enough for me.

My street sam is a football and urban brawl FANATIC and also a man whore who's on a personal quest to sleep with every woman on the planet. He's starting mostly with the prostitutes.

That sounds like some shit they thought would be creative and narrative but never actually play tested.

>That sounds like some shit they [...] never actually play tested.
user, that describes most of SR

>He's starting mostly with the prostitutes

That's a good strategy. It'll work out when he starts killing civilians, too.

It worked with the sci-fi game that they based the Anarchy rules off of, because that was just a Star Trek-style romp through weird planets.

Personally I use the Warhawk as an anti-armor gun. I'm not looking at tables but I believe it has the highest armor piercing off the shelf of at least any pistol, possibly any small arm (Though note I'm a weirdo who doesn't consider anti-tank weapons small arms just because Catalyst calls them 'sniper rifles')

So far no one has been willing to pay him enough for terrorist attacks.

I mean, he isn't opposed to the idea. But this isn't Aztlan, there are rules.

>man whore who's on a personal quest to sleep with every woman on the planet
>Urotsukidoji III flashbacks

It works fine if you use it for just regular Shadowrun. Less skills, everything else is boiled down a lot easier for consumption purposes. Plot Points are sort of a shared resource that I allow for things like flashbacks that might justify having an extra clip, or a holdout knife in a bad situation.

It isn't great, but it is a lot easier to use the boiled down mechanics from Anarchy to run Shadowrun than to go full Shadowrun.

26 hours to set up a lodge that lasts for 12 hours at the most. Jesus.

Sometimes you simply need a Fuckhuge barrier against all magical stuff
every spell against you has to contest against (Usual dice pool) + Force, so 27 dice at least
All astral perception has a -Force dpm, so nobody can assense SHIT in it
Also, if you want to cast ritual magic you need a lodge, with the Lodge force being equal to or exceeding the force of the spell, so if you want to cast a high force spell you might need a high temporary lodge

If you're hiding from something that needs a force 26 barricade, that you can't just put up multiple mana barrier spells against, you're already fucked. That's when you start sleeping in an Aztechnology pyramid cupboard and hope the locals leave you alone until whatever is looking for you gets bored.

Or rob a kindergarten and offer to trade the kids to the lord of the teocalli for protection, whatever.

I just used the 26 Force lodge as an example
If you want to ward against assessing a force 14-15 lodge should be more than enough
If you want to protect yourself against magic (such as ritual magic) just remember that every 3 Force of your lodge equals one additional hit.
And if you want to cast a fuckhuge ritual spell then the force needs to be Force of the Spell

Actually, that makes me want to run a campaign about a high end mysad in Seattle picking fights with Urubia and Kalanyr, looking to curbstomp their power bases before fighting them mano-a-drago. Just with Aztechnology twigging to what's going on and hiring runners to help and him being terminally stupid, not realising what's going on. Inspector Gadget, if he was secretly an ACU instead of a weird cyborg.
Yeah, I got that, and I know the rules. It's still a pretty fucking ridiculous force for anything, let alone something that'll piss off in 12 hours.

Oh, and remember that each of the Mana barrier spells has to be sustained, so each of them gives you a -2 dpm, which (unless you have enough foci stacked to be severely addicted) is going to be shit
meanwhile the lodge might take a while, but doesn't give you a penalty

Must be really popular spot for the call girls to dine out at. What kind of joint is it? Bar and Grill? ayce? Pricy joint where the girl tells the guy to buy them a drink?

Born and raised in prison. Just came into a lot of money. Hobo with a Shotgun, and paranoid. So I've got 16 Bolt Holes. I'm pulling a Dust and stashing grenades all over the city.

Anyone have group gripes? We've got a player who is pretty much copying another player, so we'll have two characters with the same niche, and he's not receptive to the idea that he might be stepping on toes. Either way there's overlap or one will do it significantly better... Neither is fun for the party. Pretty minor but it's still there...

>stashing grenades all over the city.
Are you Seven-7-user?

As the guy that did that original one, the number came from an estimation of being largely invisible behind it. If force 14 spirits or edge 8 legendarily skilled assensors actually get involved to roll a few dice, you probably have more issues than the expense of reagents and Long Haul.

Plus it's a funny way to foil most any magical tracking attempts. Even if you left behind a few force 12 signatures, good luck to the trackers.

I only ever got the opportunity to play one shadowrun character and he lived pretty inconspicuously. Low quality digs with barely any possessions.

He was a charity worker with a chip on his shoulder and when he wasn't running he was volunteering at soup kitchens or sinless clinics (he was a decent healer).

In the end he was betrayed by his team, blown up and shot in the head.

Definitely, on the bigger problems front. Maelstrom/Oblivion are.. f15, I think, or maybe 15/14. Tak/Gaf are 13. Buttercup is F16-20. Jurojin is probably 24 or so. Veryna would be Buttercup grade. There's one or two pre-awakening Awakened NPCs running around, like that Black Lodge member, who are 'involved'. There's probably one or two like Miles Swinburne, who ended up augmented to all fucking get out, but survived and ended up finding a way to build their magic anyway. At least one of those will have found some method of delaying age. Not counting dragons and (angry about) ELVES, there's probably like 16-30 spirits/people on the planet who could reliably fuck with a ward of that strength, and all but maybe half a dozen probably wouldn't give a shit. That remaining half dozen would probably go sniffing around and treat the entire thing as a great big joke and you'd never know they were there.

No but I'm copying his classy ass. For my character, Seven-7 user is a well-known runner in some circles, and my character idolizes him.

>When your game started off sorta black trenchcoat but thanks to your character being more a mohawk sort that somehow beat the astronomical odds against him by constantly getting retardly good, 14-15 success pre-edge rolls to suplex milspec armor guys off buildings and somehow surviving, the team and GM's focus has shifted from 'sneaking into a base, hacking, and withdrawing with incriminating evidence with nobody the wiser' into 'dude, we need to save this man's daughter! Quick! punch that bug shaman, I'll stall the biker gang!'
>when we steal stuff from private collectors not because of a job, but because IT BELONGS IN A MUSEUM
>when you have successfully made the rest of the team fucking stupid after all the cool shit that's happened to you and they now do stupid shit like jumping off of buildings to land on a car with a mattress down below and get in high-speed shootouts while on said mattress because how rad the stories are after it's all said and done

Goddamn I love this tabletop game.

I have the exact opposite happening, a bunch of people used to a very pink mohawk style of game playing under a GM that runs a much more mirror shades to black trenchcoat game. Its hilarious watching them learn first hand how badly things can go, also the shenanigans that logic or willpower one bring, or that one poor bastard who as both at one.

My character is a rude, smelly dwarf, who likes homebrewing beer, and giving it away for people to taste test.

He has a dog, a stray he rescued from Glow City, named Ruffles.

Frag off trog.

Has anyone actually ever used the browse function in the Chummer weapon selector? I'm legitimately not sure if it's useful and it gets in the way from my end.

2 logic best logic. Just enough to be stupid, not low enough to be literally retarded. It's like it's made for shenanigans.

Though while we're vaguely on the subject, i'll never not be mad that logic is what you add to willpower to resist fear instead of Charisma. It should be force of personality overriding their attempt to scare you instead of logic.

I play with a 2 logic cowboy and I'm scared his IQ is on the 70s.

I've never heard him use a 3 syllable word.

Yeah, it should just be a composure test.

>2 logic is functionally retarded
And that's why I fucking hate nerds.

3 is average, user. As in 100 IQ.

Sounds about right. The average Chad is pretty dumb.

Actually, 90-109 is average.

Which would make 100 the middle number. The average of the average.

Intelligence should be measured by a combination of Logic and Intuition.

You still need negative qualities to be a retard.

My mage has a cozy little apartment in an old building, with a big garden throughout the place, mostly with herb plants. It factors into his lodge, along with traditional native american decorations. It looks like a fucking hipster den.

During the day, he works as a cook for a pub owned by an eccentric Irish ork. It's a chill meeting place for a niche runner community in the area, and it puts his culinary arts degree to some use.

He visits clubs and bars pretty often, attends wizrock concerts, and enjoys dancing and partying it up. He's starting to develop an addiction to Bliss, which might become a serious problem for him in the future.

As for support, he has wizgang buddies, some runners he's on good terms with, two of whom he's practically a brother to, and his boyfriend. He's got it pretty good, but running is a necessity to support the lifestyle.

Can my shaman buy some organic kale from you?

Hell yeah, but he doesn't have much to sell, and it won't really keep if the buyer isn't around San Fran.

He doesn't have enough room in his apartment for more than a few pots, but he's planning to add more of it to his collection once he gets an open space for growing. He'd ideally like to be able to grow most of his food on his own, since Aztechnology isn't allowed to even take a piss in the CFS now, aside from having Stuffer Shacks.

Anyone know of some good poster maps I could buy?

lmgtfy.com/?q=google

Fuck off retard.

If I were happy using the typical, low-detail maps then I wouldn't have asked.

There's a relatively high-detail world map in the Sixth World Almanac, as far as I know. Apart from that, I don't think any canon physical maps exist.

>HURRRRR I'M RETARDED AND I DON'T KNOW HOW TO USE GOOGLE PLEASE SPOONFEED ME
Literally ten seconds of google will get you all the shit that you need, you incompetent fucking nigger.

Replying to myself for the sake of identification. I just did a cursory googling for the user who asked, and I came up with nothing. Personally, I only know about the Sixth World Almanac map because I was lucky enough to see a picture of it being pulled out of the handbook in an unrelated context.

Hey, /srg/.

Have you ever done social rolls in combat before? How viable is it to just play a really inspiring team-parent? Pic semi-related I guess.

The leadership skills can be useful. The Teamwork test and the initiative boost can be useful. For example, if your Samurai or Adept needs a little more initiative to get his next pass or interrupt action.

That's not how sets of data values and dispersion works, user.

Intuition is gut feeling

An educated gut feeling.

No. You can't have an educated gut feeling. A refined gut feeling, sure, but education plays zero role.

It does play a role in calculating your total knowledge points.

Intuition is your wit stat. It represent how fast your brain work and your capacity to think out of the box as opposed to logic that represents how good you handle math skills and book learning, for example

I can agree with that. It's street smarts.

Does anyone have the pdf with the conversion of the Prime Runners book and Jane Foster's stats from SR3 to 4, and then costed out?

>hurrr how do bell curves work
Also the average is more 2.5 than 3 unless you assume Attributes C is the standard for NPCs.

Traditionally, SR's scaling has assumed 3 is the human average. It's another one of those things that the 5e core didn't put in, at best assuming you already knew, at worst just being cut or left out for even less reason.

Of course, the average human person isn't going to be all 3 across the board. They're likely to have some 2s and a 4 somewhere.

Guys, I want to go semi-crazy and throw my money at everything that will be useful for GMing shadowrun. What should I buy? There are a lot of products to choose from. Right now I'm sure I'll be ordering the alphaware toolkit, the core rulebook, and a kg of dice(kek). I'd like a book with some in-depth shit about the world and such, but not a story if you know what I mean.

I'm pretty sure I'll be GMing for a while. It's my D&D group and we lost our DM, so I reluctantly took the reigns and thought I'd do something different while I'm at it, and now I like the idea.

Use pastebin and get all books.

Spend money on 11 pounds of d6 and some cyberpunk terrain for mapping.

Yeah, I torrented all of the 5e digital material, but it's much more convenient to have a book for everyone to pass around, and I can't read on my tablet for too long before getting frustrated.

I'm happy to spend a bit of money on a quality game that will keep me entertained for a very long time.

>I'm happy to spend a bit of money on a quality game that will keep me entertained for a very long time.

Then you should start with the SR3 corebook.

Matrix gaming. Programming. Lots of programming. Matrix vigilantism. Lots of board visiting. Matrix chat rooms.

If you haven't guessed, his addiction and the bullet that went through his spine during a gang fight in Tacoma that he was a bystander for, pretty much keep him hooked up most of the time.

>3e core
>quality

What's your reasoning if you'll excuse my ignorance?

Is the 3rd edition just the one that people will be playing for a long ass time, or were the rules perfected at that point, with future versions just being sup-par money grabs? Or both? Or something else?